Demon's Souls: Black Phantom Edition - ~$50-$60

jacknicklson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
197 (100%)
http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Demons-Souls/~r420148/

http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/Demons-Souls-Black-Phantom-Edition/DEMONSOULSPS3/product.htm

http://hmventertainment.at/cheapyd?...oductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=138359

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/demon-s-souls-black-phantom-edition/10089364.html - Use coupon code APRIL2

Prices vary per store. Read the thread for info concerning opinions of each and such.

Thanks everyone for the extra links and store reccomendations!

Great price for those that missed out on the US Deluxe Edition

Demon%27s-Souls-Black-Phantom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CountChoculitis']What about the whole region thing? Will that play in a U.S. PS3?[/QUOTE]

PS3s are region free unless the videogame developer locks out another region. I think there are only one or two games that have done that on the PS3.

[quote name='JAlbertL']I don't see anything on the website about being a Deluxe type set.[/QUOTE]

Black Phantom Edition implies that.

Pic:

500x_demons.jpg

I wonder if the artbook and guides are the same as the US versions. I'm guessing not since Atlus published it here.

"Release Date: 25/06/2010"

Hmm...too bad it'll never come out here in the states, I don't believe we have 25 months in a year.

..nothing? =/

edit: Before anyone else points out, I was just trying to make a joke..

[quote name='PDJ']"Release Date: 25/06/2010"

Hmm...too bad it'll never come out here in the states, I don't believe we have 25 months in a year.

..nothing? =/[/QUOTE]

thats June 25... DD/MM/YYYY

[quote name='FlipSide']thats June 25... DD/MM/YYYY[/QUOTE]

hahahahah he even quoted you noting that you were making a joke. Classic internet stuff right here.

[quote name='supershammy']Note that this version comes with a MUCH NEEDED (and, apparently, hardcover) strategy guide. Definitely a plus.[/QUOTE]

Also note that this is pretty much the only way to get the much needed strategy guide. Good deal if you don't already have the game or don't mind double dipping.

Awesome. I think I might sell my US edition that I already have the platinum for and buy this. I can get two Demon's Souls platinum trophies. I really want that strategy guide!

I know for the EU versions of LBP you had to get the DLC from the EU store instead of the US. Not sure if that's all PS3 EU games or just that one. Since DS doesn't have DLC (I'd add a yet, but I doubt it gets any) it probably won't be a problem.

anyone buy from gamestation in the past? do they ship games in cardboard boxes or bubble envelopes?

i prefer buying uk editions from hmv since they always pack stuff well in durable boxes, but they don't seem to have this...and i actually try to avoid game.co.uk because they always use inferior packaging resulting in damaged games upon arrival.

[quote name='jrhawk42']I know for the EU versions of LBP you had to get the DLC from the EU store instead of the US. Not sure if that's all PS3 EU games or just that one. Since DS doesn't have DLC (I'd add a yet, but I doubt it gets any) it probably won't be a problem.[/QUOTE]
It probably wouldn't be a problem anyway, with ordering UK PSN cards off Ebay or a gaming site like Play Asia.

Anyhow, I really really really wish they would create DLC for DS.

I hope FROM Software start working on

DEMON'S SOULS 2: DEMON HARDER

I'm assuming this game will allow me to play with US players. Will it? I think I heard something about the Asian version being locked only with Asian territories. I've been wanting to buy Demon's Souls, but I'm not sure which version to purchase.

[quote name='apathylad']I'm assuming this game will allow me to play with US players. Will it? I think I heard something about the Asian version being locked only with Asian territories. I've been wanting to buy Demon's Souls, but I'm not sure which version to purchase.[/QUOTE]
Nope, only UK (EU ?) servers.

And you should buy this version. You get the soundtrack, artbook and strategy guide.

If you wanted the Deluxe Edition with all those things you're looking at $130+ at least.

Or if you're not sure you will like the game you can buy a used copy from GameStop for like $36 with Edge Card. For Demon's Souls lovers like me, the BLACK PHANTOM BADASS EDITION makes me drool.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Black Phantom Edition implies that.

Pic:

[/QUOTE]

If that is the case then why do they only show a picture of the game case and not mention the artbook, strategy guide and soundtrack coming with it?

After searching far and wide, the cheapest I could find the guaranteed limited edition with extras included was $110 with shipping to the US after conversion. If I can actually get it all for $66 I will buy several copies, but I don't want to buy something off of simple "implications" since I already have the US version of the game and am only interested in the extras.

A wise man once said: "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is."

If anyone can confirm that the artbook, soundtrack and strategy guide actually come with it from this site for this price, I would greatly appreciate it so I can buy multiple copies.

A thread on the international deals board mentions that a website called zavvi.com is taking preorders as well and their prices seems better then this when using the promo code april2. My order came out to 36.80 shipped in euro's and google says that's about $50. Anyone have any experience with ordering from zavvi?

Edit: err I got currency mixed up its actually pounds to dollars so 36.80 pounds is $56.6

Also, it doesn't actually say anything about it being the "Black Phantom Edition" on the page for that price. All it says is "Demon's Souls (PS3)". The reason that they are showing the cover art for the Black Phantom Edition could be that is the only cover art they have shown for the EU release yet. With the US release the Limited Edition cost more and had different cover art than the regular game.

I'm not trying to rain on parades here, I'm just being wary. The lack of mention of the BPE or the extras makes me skeptical is all.

[quote name='Udir Arashikage']If that is the case then why do they only show a picture of the game case and not mention the artbook, strategy guide and soundtrack coming with it?

After searching far and wide, the cheapest I could find the guaranteed limited edition with extras included was $110 with shipping to the US after conversion. If I can actually get it all for $66 I will buy several copies, but I don't want to buy something off of simple "implications" since I already have the US version of the game and am only interested in the extras.

A wise man once said: "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is."

If anyone can confirm that the artbook, soundtrack and strategy guide actually come with it from this site for this price, I would greatly appreciate it so I can buy multiple copies.[/QUOTE]

*sigh*

Read this:

Demon’s Souls formally dated in Europe for June 25 by Namco Bandai
As promised yesterday, Namco Bandai Partners has formally announced it’ll be releasing Demon’s Souls in Europe, with the firm also giving a date to the PS3 RPG: June 25.

The game will be released exclusively as a special pack called the “Black Phantom Edition”, which will contain the soundtrack, artbook and strategy guide. Namco Bandai Partners, however, are keen to stress this will be a “special limited launch” for the region.

“We’re very pleased to be working with SCEI to bring the fantastic Demon’s Souls to gamers outside of Japan and North America,” said Oliver Comte, VP of Marketing, Sales and Publishing at NBP.

“The game is exactly the kind of quality experience with which we are continuing to grow the NAMCO BANDAI Games portfolio of titles, and we will be working hard to ensure it’s at least as much of a success in our markets as it has already proven to be elsewhere.”

It brings to an end the demands of gamers in the EMEA region, who decided to skip importing the game, to bring the FromSoftware RPG to Europe after inital releases by Sony in Japan and Atlus in the US last year.

SCEE had said previously it had no plans to release the game in Europe, while Atlus hadn’t stated if it was bringing the game to the region.

A sequel has already been hinted at for a fall release in Japan.

Shots of the Black Phantom Edition are below, as well as the PR.

NAMCO BANDAI PARTNERS ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT WITH SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT INC TO DISTRIBUTE
‘DEMON’S SOULS’ IN EMEA AND PAL ASIA

- NAMCO BANDAI Partners S.A.S. to Distribute Acclaimed PlayStation®3 Action RPG Title from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. of Japan across EMEA and Asia Pacific Regions -

LYON, FRANCE – 16 April 2010 – NAMCO BANDAI Partners S.A.S., one of the video game industry’s leading distribution, marketing and sales companies, today announced an agreement with renowned Japanese publisher Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) for the distribution of the acclaimed action RPG title Demon’s Souls across the EMEA and Asia Pacific regions. Following its release in Japan and North America where it garnered high praise from media and a loyal audience of fans, the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) game will be launched on June 25, 2010 as an exclusive European limited edition retail pack containing the soundtrack CD, a new artbook and brand new strategy guide.

“We’re very pleased to be working with SCEI to bring the fantastic Demon’s Souls to gamers outside of Japan and North America,” said Olivier Comte, VP Marketing, Sales & Publishing NAMCO BANDAI Partners S.A.S. “The game is exactly the kind of quality experience with which we are continuing to grow the NAMCO BANDAI Games portfolio of titles, and we will be working hard to ensure it’s at least as much of a success in our markets as it has already proven to be elsewhere.”

Beautiful, compelling, and unforgiving, Demon’s Souls is one of the hardcore RPG experience PS3 owners have been waiting for since the platform’s launch.

Revolutionary online features support your adventure like never before, presenting seamless interconnectivity that serves in every instance to enhance the single-player game. Team up with other players in simultaneous cooperative play, working together to topple some of the game’s colossal bosses, or force your way into the games of skilled players and challenge them to PvP battle.

Leave hints and clues for those who will follow in your footsteps; either intentionally or through your own inadvertent demise, your bloodstains will allow your successors to view a replay of your death, hinting at how to avoid your gruesome fate. Unprecedented in its depth and subtlety, peerless in its relentlessly challenging gameplay, Demon’s Souls is the ultimate action RPG.

UK website Eurogamer.net awarded the title a resounding 9 out of 10 – “absolutely compelling; dark, detailed, unforgiving, creatively cruel,” and adding, “You can learn to love Demon’s Souls like few other games in the world.”

Gamespot awarded the game ‘Game of the Year 2009’ – “Brutally challenging and utterly engrossing, this innovative role-playing game is one of the year’s best.”

Featuring the game, a brand new hardback artbook filled with mesmerizing concept and game art images, a new strategy guide, plus the deeply atmospheric original soundtrack of the game on CD, the limited edition retail pack of Demon’s Souls is coming exclusively to EMEA and Asia Pacific on June 25, 2010, only for PS3. The European limited launch of Demon’s Soul’s can be pre ordered now from Play.com, Game.co.uk, HMV.co.uk and other leading retailers whilst stocks last.

[quote name='Udir Arashikage']Also, it doesn't actually say anything about it being the "Black Phantom Edition" on the page for that price. All it says is "Demon's Souls (PS3)". The reason that they are showing the cover art for the Black Phantom Edition could be that is the only cover art they have shown for the EU release yet. With the US release the Limited Edition cost more and had different cover art than the regular game.

I'm not trying to rain on parades here, I'm just being wary. The lack of mention of the BPE or the extras makes me skeptical is all.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* x's 2

Did you look at the picture? It says plain as day "Black Phantom Edition'". That's the only edition being sold in Europe, so all copies initially will have everything. Be wary all you want, or spend more to get it, but Gamestation is selling it with the artbook and strategy guide.

If you're so skeptical, shoot them an email and ask them whether it comes with the extra stuff.

[quote name='ssjmichael']*sigh* x's 2
If you're so skeptical, shoot them an email and ask them whether it comes with the extra stuff.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't sure about whether it did or not, so I emailed GameStation's customer service before you posted all that info.

I do 100% believe you though. I just wanted to be 100% safe and not disappointed. So, I apologize.

[quote name='cyphen']A thread on the international deals board mentions that a website called zavvi.com is taking preorders as well and their prices seems better then this when using the promo code april2. My order came out to 36.80 shipped in euro's and google says that's about $50. Anyone have any experience with ordering from zavvi?

Edit: err I got currency mixed up its actually pounds to dollars so 36.80 pounds is $56.6[/QUOTE]

NICE! That site actually states that it comes with the soundtrack, artbook and strategy guide and with shipping to the United States, only came out to be just under $60. Now I can get one to stash away and one to open up and enjoy :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']*sigh* x's 2

Did you look at the picture? It says plain as day "Black Phantom Edition'". That's the only edition being sold in Europe, so all copies initially will have everything. Be wary all you want, or spend more to get it, but Gamestation is selling it with the artbook and strategy guide.

If you're so skeptical, shoot them an email and ask them whether it comes with the extra stuff.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I wrote that second post before your reply was up. I have just learned through experience that if a website doesn't actually state that it comes with that stuff in the description, then there is no guarantee that you will get it. I paid $100 for the US Limited Edition from a website a month after launch and all they gave me was the Limited Edition game without any of the extras. When I tried to file a complaint, they were safe because they didn't actually say that the extras came with it in the description, it just said Limited Edition so it was implied.

Either way it doesn't matter because Zavvi has it cheaper anyway, but thanks for confirming that the Gamestation deal is legit.

[quote name='Udir Arashikage']Sorry, I wrote that second post before your reply was up. I have just learned through experience that if a website doesn't actually state that it comes with that stuff in the description, then there is no guarantee that you will get it. I paid $100 for the US Limited Edition from a website a month after launch and all they gave me was the Limited Edition game without any of the extras. When I tried to file a complaint, they were safe because they didn't actually say that the extras came with it in the description, it just said Limited Edition so it was implied.

Either way it doesn't matter because Zavvi has it cheaper anyway, but thanks for confirming that the Gamestation deal is legit.[/QUOTE]
The US Deluxe Edition only came with the game, strategy guide and case. The art book and soundtrack were only pre-order bonuses. However, this UK version includes all of that with the Black Phantom Edition.

lol @ ordering through Zavvi. I don't trust that site, and it isn't much cheaper anyhow. I'll pay a little more ($65) for a website I can trust (GameStation).

[quote name='neuropunk']The US Deluxe Edition only came with the game, strategy guide and case. The art book and soundtrack were only pre-order bonuses. However, this UK version includes all of that with the Black Phantom Edition.

lol @ ordering through Zavvi. I don't trust that site, and it isn't much cheaper anyhow. I'll pay a little more ($65) for a website I can trust (GameStation).[/QUOTE]

Have you personally ordered from gamestation? I've never imported a European release, so I'm curious.

I highly recommend DVD.CO.UK ... used them during the deal for the Witcher complete around a year ago and their service was excellent. Here is the link the Demon's Souls on their site - http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/Demons-Souls-Black-Phantom-Edition/DEMONSOULSPS3/product.htm

My total, with shipping, was $58.23 from DVD.CO.UK

I don't buy many items from the UK, but I can vouch for this site, at least in the past, haven't used the others mentioned in this thread.

[quote name='apathylad']Have you personally ordered from gamestation? I've never imported a European release, so I'm curious.[/QUOTE]
I've heard good things about them. Also, maybe try Play Asia.

[quote name='etcrane']I highly recommend DVD.CO.UK ... used them during the deal for the Witcher complete around a year ago and their service was excellent. Here is the link the Demon's Souls on their site - http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/Demons-Souls-Black-Phantom-Edition/DEMONSOULSPS3/product.htm

My total, with shipping, was $51.23 from DVD.CO.UK

I don't buy many items from the UK, but I can vouch for this site, at least in the past, haven't used the others mentioned in this thread.[/QUOTE]
I tried and it came to $58. How did you get it down to $51.23 ?

What is the promotional code you used?

[quote name='agentghost']does this game play like Oblivion? damn.. can't find a demo anywhere.[/QUOTE]
Hell no. Nothing like Oblivion.

Plays EXACTLY like Monster Hunter, except for Demon's Souls has a targeting lock on system.

[quote name='neuropunk']The US Deluxe Edition only came with the game, strategy guide and case. The art book and soundtrack were only pre-order bonuses. However, this UK version includes all of that with the Black Phantom Edition.

lol @ ordering through Zavvi. I don't trust that site, and it isn't much cheaper anyhow. I'll pay a little more ($65) for a website I can trust (GameStation).[/QUOTE]

Still doesn't change the fact that I got ripped off because the site didn't specifically say that it came with anything other than the game.

And lol all you want but I've heard good things about Zavvi and haven't heard a damn thing about Gamestation from people who have imported to the US. Like you said though, "Be wary all you want, or spend more to get it".

[quote name='neuropunk']

I tried and it came to $58. How did you get it down to $51.23 ?

What is the promotional code you used? [/QUOTE]

My bad, didn't notice the currency converter I was using automatically calculated for euros and not pounds, so you are correct, $58.23 total. Given the rarity of the Deluxe edition in the U.S., I'd say that's an excellent price to pay for a nicer version.

CAG is killing me. I already have the US version but this one looks damn nice. Not sure if I should get it or not. If I buy it then decide I dont want it is there a decent US market for this kind of thing? Like on ebay? Maybe it would even go for more on ebay? Agh I dunno.

[quote name='neuropunk']Well, all I'm saying is that I know GameStation.co.uk is legit and I've never even heard of that Zavvi site.[/QUOTE]

Zavvi is one of the biggest UK online retailers, I rate them above Gamestation. You've got nothing to worry about.

Apparently it works out at around $50 USD delivered from Zavvi, use the code APRIL2 for that price.
:ps3: Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition (Zavvi)

Also, you can see a list of trustworthy UK retailers here. Or if you've got any questions on specific UK retailers, send me a PM.

[quote name='John']Zavvi is one of the biggest UK online retailers, I rate them above Gamestation. You've got nothing to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know. I was a bit worried since I made my purchase from them.

Although I recently used HMV and had an excellent experience with them. The game came promptly and well packaged. So would anyone say Zavvi is on par with HMV?

[quote name='twicwborn']Thanks for letting us know. I was a bit worried since I made my purchase from them.

Although I recently used HMV and had an excellent experience with them. The game came promptly and well packaged. So would anyone say Zavvi is on par with HMV?[/QUOTE]

They're owned by "The Hut Group", who run a lot of other big UK online retailers. (Including thehut.com.) Big, cheap, and reliable. My order of preference is Amazon > Zavvi > everyone else.

The only thing is your order might take a day or two longer, what with our volcano problems at the moment.

This Black Phantom edition might be worth double-dipping on for the hardcover guide. I have 2 softcover copies now (one without a cover, due to replacement), but it would be nice to have it hardbound. Not $60-worth-it, though.

[quote name='neuropunk']
Anyhow, I really really really wish they would create DLC for DS.

I hope FROM Software start working on

DEMON'S SOULS 2: DEMON HARDER[/QUOTE]

Can't wait.

I really hope they DON'T make DLC for DS. They should concentrate their effort on tangible content that can actually be owned, and not DRM for lease.

They could actually release this edition in the US. It wouldn't be considered a re-printing of the Deluxe edition which they said they wouldn't do. And we all know it would sell quite well. It isn't likely but not inconceivable either.

bread's done
Back