Denis Dyack on 1up yours, discusses some interesting stuff.

I found the Wiki entry for NeoGAF to be interesting:

"Denis Dyack of Silicon Knights has also been known to post drunken rants in desperate attempts to gain respect both for himself and his games. As of the 2nd of July 2007 Dyack has been unsuccessful in gaining either."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeoGAF

[quote name='Tee_Ken']I found the Wiki entry for NeoGAF to be interesting:

"Denis Dyack of Silicon Knights has also been known to post drunken rants in desperate attempts to gain respect both for himself and his games. As of the 2nd of July 2007 Dyack has been unsuccessful in gaining either."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeoGAF[/QUOTE]

wtf? not at the quote, but GAF has a wiki page and CAG dosn't!!!!!!! fuck! Time to change things!

I agree with Dyack to a point as well, NeoGAf in particular. I personally view GAF as just a bunch of nerds bs'ing and overexaggerating everything for comedic value (which isnt much different from most boards), but that is how I take it. If you are looking on GAF for intelligent conversation about gaming, you are looking at the wrong place. that not to say that its cant be found on their, but it is more of a playground than anything else (the amount of animated .gifs should show that)

The problem is, because it is the most popular Video game based forum, and the fact that developers and video game journalists post their frequently, they are now a very loud voice with a great amount of influence, wheather they believe it or not. GAF is brought up in developer blogs all the time, big name publishers use it as marketing direction, podcasts and weblogs use it a reference constantly. Yet GAF act like they are totally unaware.

I will also agree that a lot of the mods are clowns as well. not only is it harder to get into than a old nuns panties, once your out, good luck getting back in. the mods also have a past of shady tactics and questionable "moderation"

All in all, I think the point as a whole Denis is trying to make is valid, its a little like the nutjobs running the asylum, I just think that the industry needs to look at GAF for what it is, rather than what they think it is.

I saw one trailer where in the opening scenes the guys in a type of crouching positions, they looked like they had something shoved up their asses, the animation is just plain terrible. I agree with everyone else in hoping Too Human bombs at retailers, it will be a nice bitch slap of reality for our good friend Denis.

bread's done
Back