Deodorant: Stick, Gel, or Spray?

I use the Old Spice clinical strength stuff which is kind of a stick/gel hybrid. Works great, but will leave marks on my clothes if I'm not careful.

Right Guard/Stick, it's cheap and gets the job done.

Gels make my pits gooey, and I hate anything Axe. I don't know why people continue to buy those products. They all smell awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='klwillis45']Gel, Stick, & Spray all suck. Soft Solid works the best by far. I use this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I actually prefer soft solid, and used to use the Degree Soft Solid Sport scent but haven't been able to find it for a long time so I switched to stick.

I tried the Old Spice, but something about it (and most heavily scented deodorants) tends to give me a rash.

I dug that like....solid-powder stuff from Old Spice or Speed Stick.......but it had a nasty habit of lingering, now its High Endurance Old Spice FTW.

Plus it can double as CVS-caliber cologne if you forgot to hit that 18 year old bottle of Drakkar on the way out the door to take your woman to Burger King.....

[quote name='slickkill77']I have used a gel in years, but no its not a matter of going through them to fast. Gel just sucks. Why wouldn't you use stick? If you want wet armpits then just sweat[/QUOTE]

Must be in the same crowd of people that take lotion to the extreme.... but if you use so much lotion that your skin can't absorb it, that's a problem.

wait... do you trim or shave your pits?

I know the wife doesn't because 1) she uses too much gel 2) doesn't like the wetness for a second.

Either way, sticks are gross, with hair, and sprays cause my lungs to collasp. Gel or smell.

Lately I've been using Tom's. It's deodorant only, so it doesn't help keep you dry. It's moderately effective at being a deodorant. I've been meaning to try a brand with cotton in it.

I despise the feeling of gel in my pits, I use Speed Stick. If I'm gonna be out socializing, I'll also spray on some Axe Essence. I like it, and all the girls I've worn it around really seem to as well.

Awe shit I put down gel and I meant stick.

And fuck anti persperant, my body sweats for a damn reason.

When I used to work at CC there was a warehouse guy who just reeked. They kept some Axe on hand when the odor was particularly pungent and they would stealth-spray it on him. See, Axe is good for something.

[quote name='slickkill77']Why do you keep quoting me????

No man gel just sucks. Why would you use it over stick? Theres no reason to do so.[/QUOTE]

Don't like the attention?

Stick has chunks, paste... Just felt wrong to coat your hair with this stuff... and the coverage sucked. Can't cover it like gel can.

maybe if I shaved them, I'd gladly bald stick it... but I've got hair there. hair absorbs the gel, but not the white paste.

[quote name='yukine']And Axe doesn't make you smell like a clown / shithouse? It is basically a cheap cologne. :lol: With any scent you put on, it needs to be in moderation for it to be effective. Less is more in this case. You should try using something like the Old Spice body deodorant, it's not particularly strong and it has that deodorant smell rather than the "wannabe cologne smell" like Axe does.[/QUOTE]

Phoenix smells fine if you put a small amount on. Personally, I find Old Spice to be WAY too strong in any amount. As for the "wannabe cologne" label, pretty much anything you put on that isn't your own scent counts as cologne, so it really doesn't matter.

In short, your argument works. Less is more: I put on less, I smell less (good or bad), and I pay less (Axe is cheaper than cologne).

~HotShotX

I use a stick. I use Right Guard Extreme. It has just enough scent to not be overpowering yet it has enough power to last me through the day.

Also I don't like gel's. I always feel like they will just dry up and not last through the day.

As for spray's, if I could find one that doesn't smell like Axe or Tag (and I mean one that doesn't smell like I am 20 and I need to use this to pick chicks), I would consider.

[quote name='HotShotX']Phoenix smells fine if you put a small amount on. Personally, I find Old Spice to be WAY too strong in any amount. As for the "wannabe cologne" label, pretty much anything you put on that isn't your own scent counts as cologne, so it really doesn't matter.

In short, your argument works. Less is more: I put on less, I smell less (good or bad), and I pay less (Axe is cheaper than cologne).

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]
Exactly, I don't have anything against Axe. I just found it funny that you would bash cologne when you wear Axe.

Definitely cheaper, I pay around $60.00+ a bottle.

I'm boring, I have been using Old Spice High Endurance for the last 15+ years. Antiperspirant sprays make my pits feel like they are on fire.

Definitely a stick. I use the kind shown below, along with the accompanying body spray, and I use Old Spice Swagger body wash in the shower. I've used Old Spice for years.

tncxz22.jpg

Again, I think people are thinking "spray" as in body spray. And I don't understand how the spray "doesn't work"? I'm sweaty and Italian...and.. I never stink? :whistle2:s

bread's done
Back