Depths Of Peril (PC RPG) 20% Off!

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
You can now get the action RPG, Depths Of Peril, for 20% off at Reflexive. This great independent game features Diablo-like gameplay with Civilization-like diplomacy with other covenants.

Use the coupon code DEPTHSPA to receive 20% off ($23.99).

Or use this link to buy it with the coupon now:
http://www.gamecentersolution.com/BuyNow.aspx?CID=21823&AID=1024&return=ref&DiscountCode=depthspa

Download trial version:
http://www.gamecentersolution.com/downloadgame.aspx?CID=21823&AID=1024

Here's Game Tunnel's review of the game:
http://www.gametunnel.com/gamespace.php?id=397&tab=3

The graphics might not blow you away, but it feels like playing Civilization and Diablo at the same time, which is pretty interesting!

Yeah, it is pretty cool to see other covenants fighting each other, offering you bribes, demanding treaties etc, while you are fighting monsters. Their fighters will often be on the same quests you are. If they complete it first, the quest is over and you don't get the bounty.

The graphics are too busy. Too many things in the wilderness, makes the screen look cluttered, but it works and it is definitely fun.

And this is the only discount I know of for the game...

Downloaded the demo, it's somewhat fun but it is a HUGE stretch to say this is worth $23.99 or even anywhere close. I might buy it for $5-$10 but no more. It just doesn't have the depth of a full retail release game. No story at all, and the quests are even worse than bad MMORPGs.

$23.99 is nowhere near a deal on this. You could buy a game like Galactic Civilizations 2 on ebay for

[quote name='JCDenton']Downloaded the demo, it's somewhat fun but it is a HUGE stretch to say this is worth $23.99 or even anywhere close. I might buy it for $5-$10 but no more. It just doesn't have the depth of a full retail release game. No story at all, and the quests are even worse than bad MMORPGs.

$23.99 is nowhere near a deal on this. You could buy a game like Galactic Civilizations 2 on ebay for

I'm in for it. Played the demo and had a blast. It's pretty damn funny people are bitching it isn't as good as Galactic Civilizations 2...apples and oranges, folks. Action RPG compared to strategy game...

I played Diablo to death. Played Titan's Quest...Played Dungeon Siege...Played Guild Wars... it is nice to play something new and something a bit different...

Sorry, but at $23.99 this game is open for comparison with all of the many numerous and much better PC games that can be had cheaper. And yeah, I do expect it to be a good alternative to the other games I'd consider buying in order for me to recommend it. But it isn't a good alternative, it's basically $23.99 for a game worse than XBL Arcade titles in terms of production values.

You could spend that money on the Fallout Games and Planescape Torment and have 3 games that are each individually MUCH better than this and still have like $15 left over. Or buy a current-gen game like The Witcher that is again MUCH BETTER than this.

The graphics are only ever so slightly better than Warcraft 3...that came out in 2002!

*Shrug* Buying a game like this is like buying the developer a pizza. I support innovative game development done by garage studios, and I hope they make more stuff in the future.

I agree, Sideswiper. If we don't support small independent developers, they may never grow into major talents. I would much rather give my money to them than to big conglomerates. It's good for the industry. It's the independents that have the freedom to try new things, something they definitely are trying with Depths Of Peril.

Great graphics come from huge budgets. Big deal. Give me something interesting...

And why would I want to buy Fallout and Planescape Torment? I played them YEARS ago already...

I'd much rather give my money for good GAMES, period. Who cares who makes them?

Otty Ott, do you have any affiliation with the developers?

[quote name='Sideswiper']*Shrug* Buying a game like this is like buying the developer a pizza. I support innovative game development done by garage studios, and I hope they make more stuff in the future.[/QUOTE]

This isn't www.Buyanindiedeveloperapizza.com, this is www.Cheapassgamer.com. IE, a site for getting great games at the cheapest price possible and finding the best deals.

So tell me one place you can get this game cheaper than $23.99? EVERY SITE has it for $29.99.

I'm sorry, but $6 off is a deal...

I've seen a lot worse deals on here...

Why is 20% off a game that's won awards not a deal?

I LIKE this game. Sorry if it's not an EA game for $5 in a bargain bin from 10 years ago!

Go to Big Lots if you want old stuff for $5...

I gave it a shot and thought it was pretty horrible. The guy can only walk in 4 (maybe 8, cant remember) directions? I have a great computer but everything feels really choppy, but it's probably just the animation isn't that great.

I feel small developers should stick to something that they can make look good, and in some cases that usually means 2D hex-based strategy games or CCGs that don't rely on animation.

It's fairly good, but not worth more then $20 IMO. It reminds me of Ultima without such deep of a story or online play. If this game had free online play, it would be better.

[quote name='Sideswiper']*Shrug* Buying a game like this is like buying the developer a pizza. I support innovative game development done by garage studios, and I hope they make more stuff in the future.[/QUOTE]

Have any links to some independent developers? So far all I know of is sites like Manifestogames.

Game Tunnel only covers independent games. You can find out al lthe latest on the indie game scene there.

[quote name='Isurus']I gave it a shot and thought it was pretty horrible. The guy can only walk in 4 (maybe 8, cant remember) directions? I have a great computer but everything feels really choppy, but it's probably just the animation isn't that great.

I feel small developers should stick to something that they can make look good, and in some cases that usually means 2D hex-based strategy games or CCGs that don't rely on animation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lol, it's like they took 8-bit quality NES animations and merged them with all the graphical splendor of Warcraft 3....it really does look ridiculous.

I for one have never judged a game on graphics... the gameplay is innovative and a bit different, but not for everyone. And the graphics get the job done. If it was a terrible game, it wouldn't have won awards and gotten good reviews...

I'd love to see all of these "good reviews". It has actually gotten a smattering of mediocre reviews from no-name sites nobody visits or cares about. Real gaming sites don't even think this game is worth the time to review and probably would have scored it even lower.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/938363.asp

Again, I have to ask...are the people whoring this very dated and average game affiliated with the developers? You can go to Circuit City and get like 5 games each individually much better than this game for what this game costs. NOT A CHEAP ASS DEAL.

Okay, let's use your logic.

On Game Rankings, Depths of Peril got nothing lower than a 7 and had an overall score of 75%. Since when is a 7 a bad review?

Let's look at some of the other top threads here on CAG...

Growlanser: Heritage of War....got a 60% on GameRankings...NOT A CHEAP ASS DEAL!

Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Encore...got a 69.5%...NOT A CHEAP ASS DEAL!

Jam Sessions...got a 74%...NOT A CHEAP ASS DEAL!

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles....got a 76%...OOOO, 1% better....does that make it a deal?

Jericho...got a 63.6%....NOT A CHEAP ASS DEAL!

Space Channel 5 (PS2)...76%...NOT A CHEAP ASS DEAL

Petz Horsez 2....60%----NOT A CHEAP ASS DEAL....

Touch Detective 2 1/2....71%....NOT A CHEAP ASS DEAL....

WELL...I guess we should just delete half the threads on CAG because they aren't good enough games to warrant mention on here.

Everyone! Game that get a 75 and are 20% off don't qualify as a cheap ass deal!

What a load of crap....

And there are TONS of games for a lot more money than this one that are a helluva lot worse...wow, my 360/PS3 piece of crap game was on sale for $49 instead of $59! I saved $10 on a piece of crap! YAY!

[quote name='JCDenton']
Again, I have to ask...are the people whoring this very dated and average game affiliated with the developers? [/QUOTE]

No. And it really doesn't have anything to do with this game. It has everything to do with your attitude in deciding for the rest of us what is and isn't a "cheap ass deal".

Just to let you know, this coupon expires in one week. (February 29th.)

[quote name='Otty Ott']You can now get the action RPG, Depths Of Peril, for 20% off at Reflexive. This great independent game features Diablo-like gameplay with Civilization-like diplomacy with other covenants.

Use the coupon code DEPTHSPA to receive 20% off ($23.99).

Or use this link to buy it with the coupon now:
http://www.gamecentersolution.com/BuyNow.aspx?CID=21823&AID=1024&return=ref&DiscountCode=depthspa

Download trial version:
http://www.gamecentersolution.com/downloadgame.aspx?CID=21823&AID=1024

Here's Game Tunnel's review of the game:
http://www.gametunnel.com/gamespace.php?id=397&tab=3[/quote]

[quote name='Otty Ott']Just to let you know, this coupon expires in one week. (February 29th.)[/QUOTE]

And just to let you know, this still isn't a cheapass deal and nobody here is going to pay $20+ for budgetware.

Honestly, it's bad form to keep trying to advertise your game here when nobody wants to buy it. This is a deal forum, not an advertisement post forum. If your game just isn't selling, you're probably going to have to give it away for free to try to get some publicity and pick up some fans for your dev group. Then next time around, make a better game, price it more appropriately, and you might be able to break into the market as a budget developer.

But it's just shameless to keep advertising your game here and pretend like you aren't affiliated with it when several people have evidence that you worked on the game and are getting a percentage of its sales.

It's a coupon. For a game. It's a deal. Hell, even if he IS affiliated with the game, since when does CAG turn its nose up at deals advertised by places that will profit from them? Nobody sure as hell complains with Gamestop/EB says "hay guse $5 off".

And if people don't wanna buy it or use the code, that's fine. I don't use 99% of the deals posted on here, but I sure as hell don't bitch about them being for things I'm not interested in or not cheap enough.

You know, I've posted deals about all sorts of games on here. I can't believe people are still assuming I am one of the developers of this particular game....

I have nothing to do with this game whatsoever, nor do I have anything to do with ANY of the games I post on here. Just passing along discounts, which some people seem to get pissed off about because they don't personally like this game or that.

You know what...if you don't like a game posted on this site... DON'T BUY IT!

Wellz... I must be a friggin' nobody, becauze I got thiz game andI playz the hellz out of it.

That guyz an idiot!

[quote name='JCDenton']And just to let you know, this still isn't a cheapass deal and nobody here is going to pay $20+ for budgetware.

Honestly, it's bad form to keep trying to advertise your game here when nobody wants to buy it. This is a deal forum, not an advertisement post forum. If your game just isn't selling, you're probably going to have to give it away for free to try to get some publicity and pick up some fans for your dev group. Then next time around, make a better game, price it more appropriately, and you might be able to break into the market as a budget developer.

But it's just shameless to keep advertising your game here and pretend like you aren't affiliated with it when several people have evidence that you worked on the game and are getting a percentage of its sales.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm pretty sure that quite a few people from this site have probably bought 'budgetware'. Dude, you're getting way too obnoxious. If someone wants to buy it, guess what, that's their decision. Ok? Does this bother you? If they download the trial, and enjoy it, then JOY to the world, they can buy it for $6 less or whatever. Quit getting your pannies in a wad. 8) (yes, pannies is mis-spelled. isn't it great?)

bread's done
Back