Destination Arcade - Limited Time Offer

Khalid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Just letting you guys know that you can download it on an US account and use on your other account. You even unlock avatar award.

By the way games on it seems outdated. Deals of the weeks and new releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well seems like they just update new releases. Now how do I unlock the dragon avatar award.

By the way, it is pretty cool that you can sort it by local multiplayer and online multiplayer.

I got the dragon award by highlighting Magic the Gathering. It could just be random, you have to flip through the pages and settings.

[quote name='nnthomas']I got the dragon award by highlighting Magic the Gathering. It could just be random, you have to flip through the pages and settings.[/QUOTE]

Well, that answers my question.

Those deals of the week prices are live. I added them to my thread, but I'm still chasing down info on "Why" and "How Long" etc....

[quote name='reddjoey']Those deals of the week prices are live. I added them to my thread, but I'm still chasing down info on "Why" and "How Long" etc....[/QUOTE]

Did you buy something? I choose something and I saw 400 ms point but I hit cancel. Nothing I really want.

I went all the way to confirmation (I'm not interested in any of those three) and it was the same. Xbox.com also lists the same prices

[quote name='KingBroly']If you remove it, you lose the Avatar Awards.[/QUOTE]
So it doesn't work like Halo Waypoint?
-------------------------------------
The interface is annoying. I keep pressing A expecting the game's info to pop up like in the marketplace, but I get a download/purchase prompt or it starts the game if I already own it. If I wanted to play that game, I would've just started it from the Games Library that I started DA from.

The only information you get is the boxart, a small slideshow of screenshots, and that's it. How was this supposed to make it easier to find games you would like if you can't actually learn what each game is?

What happened to the News Feed that was supposed to be in DA?

4768451372_2928005e22_z.jpg

It seems like they did a half-ass job on this app so that it would fail even with the limited time that it's available to download. They should have just fleshed out the search/recommendation options in the normal marketplace and not spent time and money into making this.

Hmmm I was expecting something cool with this. Pack on the fact that it's an application and wow I'm disappointed. Screw your free hoodie, nothing beats my N7 shirt, NOTHING!:D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']]I keep pressing A expecting the game's info to pop up like in the marketplace, but I get a download/purchase prompt or it starts the game if I already own it. If I wanted to play that game, I would've just started it from the Games Library that I started DA from.

The only information you get is the boxart, a small slideshow of screenshots, and that's it. How was this supposed to make it easier to find games you would like if you can't actually learn what each game is?
[/QUOTE]

This is my complaint. Even if you want to launch the game from DA, why not tie it to a less used button, or even a pop-up prompt.

[quote name='JStryke']Did anybody else get a laugh looking at tanuki's screenshit and seeing a Duke Nukem game got released?[/QUOTE]

I laughed at your use of the word "screenshit". :p

[quote name='Matt Young']I laughed at your use of the word "screenshit". :p[/QUOTE]

I laughed after failing to notice my typo until you pointed it out.

I like this app and it's more helpful for me. Almost all arcade games are listed (well minus the promotional free games like aegis wing, etc.) and it's actually helpful since everything is categorized and can be sorted out by ms point price, online or no online multiplayer, alphabetical order and all.

You can just get the final Avatar award by highlighting Magic.

This thing has a lot of good sort features that they should build into the Dashboard, like searching for PRICE. Interesting to know that the ESRB rating curve is almost perfect from E to M.

[quote name='KingBroly']You can just get the final Avatar award by highlighting Magic.
[/QUOTE]

I got mine from highlighting Altered Beasts. Weird.

I got the dragon from Altered Beasts as well.

I kind of like the look of it, but it feels sluggish to me.

I thought folks were saying you lost the Avatar awards if you removed the app?

I didn't like how you can't really get any info on the games through Destination Arcade. The screenshots are small, and all you get is an option to buy. No description and no way to make the pics bigger.

Sorry to bump this but,

According to DA, the highest rated game on XBLA is a single title.

Castle Crashers

The worst?

Tie for Totem Ball and Tour De France

I like DA so far, jut not in love with. It's a neat tool/app, but needs some improvement

Yaris isn't listed anymore or else it would be tied for worst. Yaris and Totemball are by far the worst games I have played from this generation of consoles, but that's out of the games I have *played*. I only played those because they were free; I'm sure there's a lot of horrible stuff out there that could be worse. For example, I love the Wii, but a lot of titles I've seen released look abysmal.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I thought folks were saying you lost the Avatar awards if you removed the app?

I didn't like how you can't really get any info on the games through Destination Arcade. The screenshots are small, and all you get is an option to buy. No description and no way to make the pics bigger.[/QUOTE]

You only lose the awards if you delete it from your Gamercard, I believe.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yaris isn't listed anymore or else it would be tied for worst. Yaris and Totemball are by far the worst games I have played from this generation of consoles, but that's out of the games I have *played*. I only played those because they were free; I'm sure there's a lot of horrible stuff out there that could be worse. For example, I love the Wii, but a lot of titles I've seen released look abysmal.[/QUOTE]

And to think there will probably be a resurgence in a Totemball like game for the stupid ass Kinect which will not be free.:cold:

[quote name='Nico0020']according to xboxresouce, to unlock the dragon you just have to "View the "Hot games" section within "Find Games"."[/QUOTE]

I thought you just had to highlight a game with a dragon in it. Thus the dragon avatar award.

bread's done
Back