Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

Is anyone else in here part of the Xbox Insider program, Alpha Ring? I've been having intermittent troubles playing the game and the game thinks that I am losing connectivity to the internet (which I'm not) so it kicks me out to the title screen.
I think I'm Delta Ring. But I've definitely had several network errors since launch.

I had 3-4 disconnects today before the server maintenance shut down happened. That was my first issue with a disconnect from D2.

I'm not part of the program and I've gotten that error a few times, including once last night in the middle of NF. That was annoying.
I had 3-4 disconnects today before the server maintenance shut down happened. That was my first issue with a disconnect from D2.
This is a long shot, but do either of you have a Google OnHub router in mesh mode? I was having a hell of a time with party chat a few days ago, but then I bounced uPnP and it started working but i fear there may be other side effects.

I'm in the Insider alpha ring. No such problems here.
Have you been randomly removed from parties without any notice? When it happens to me the party chat goes silent and that's the only way I know because there is no pop saying I've been removed form the party.

Gonna try and get on early today because I need to get some sleep to night. No more Destiny until 3 AM.
1*AXNGjrDTSoEd0RymwJNzLg.gif

I kid, I kid! Hey, i'd like to see your Destiny shelves once complete! I get a kick out of collections and all that.

Tomorrow is my wife's birthday, so I won't be on as late tonight. I should get some rest so I'm not a zombie tomorrow. I'll probably be on for a little bit tonight, but not long enough to do anything substantial.

Got to 287 last night. Running an awesome max impact legendary hand cannon and hard light along with Hawthorne's shotgun. Excited to dive into the Raid tonight!

So I bought it, physical copy w/the notion that it'll install faster on my xbox than downloading it.

I'll be on tonight barring unusual circumstances but naturally i'll be in campaign mode for a few days.

- how do I join the CAG clan? (I guess I'll send a PM to anyone who's on when I'm on).

So I bought it, physical copy w/the notion that it'll install faster on my xbox than downloading it.

I'll be on tonight barring unusual circumstances but naturally i'll be in campaign mode for a few days.

- how do I join the CAG clan? (I guess I'll send a PM to anyone who's on when I'm on).
Should be able to find us on bungie.net . There's a page where you can search for a clan by name. Membership is currently set to open.

looks like I'll have a chance to find the clan via the companion app...of course I actually have to enter the game for anything to show up on my end.

Now to figure out...continue the legacy as a Hunter or go Warlock or Titan.

Here's an FYI that some of you probably already know. If you earn a faction reward ehgram you can hover over and hit Y to preview what it could be. If you don't happen to like anything wait like 5 minutes and the rewards will change.

Here's an FYI that some of you probably already know. If you earn a faction reward ehgram you can hover over and hit Y to preview what it could be. If you don't happen to like anything wait like 5 minutes and the rewards will change.
I believe it's the same for Exotic engrams, although I can't confirm that because I don't get many of those.

Didn't know that. But it makes sense based on drop/reward rate algorithms they use to stabilize the in game rewards/economy.

I had enough gunsmith parts for like 4 rewards waited till the Black Scorpion scout and Negril pulse were both available and struck out all four times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I had no idea. I need to do that so I don't get yet another Titan mark...

Anyone up for Nightfall tonight if not the raid? I assume the raid is active now, right?

If you post a time io for the NF I'll make sure I'm on. I would like to do the NF first before I mess with the raid. I'm 274 max but only 269 with a build I like.

The engram thing was tested out and isn't true unfortunately. It is just a rotating preview of some of the possible items that can be in it, not a guarantee of one of those visible items.

The engram thing was tested out and isn't true unfortunately. It is just a rotating preview of some of the possible items that can be in it, not a guarantee of one of those visible items.
Shoot that sucks I just waited like 20 minutes for a set I liked again.

If you post a time io for the NF I'll make sure I'm on. I would like to do the NF first before I mess with the raid. I'm 274 max but only 269 with a build I like.
Probably after 10pm Pacific. I'm in just about the same situation power level wise.

Damn, too bad!

I spent most of last night playing solo trying to knock out some of the exotic quests after getting shot with Mida so many times in a few Crucible matches. I finished the Sturm and Drang quest with a little help on the strike from Linkin. I don't think you need to finish that strike as you get the quest item from a servitor before the boss. But I wanted to finish it to clear it out - only hard part that isn't so easy solo is the boss at the end.

Then I found out I had missed the Mida quest so I started that up. I'm at the part where you need airborne machine gun kills. Sounds like a pain. I need to be in a fireteam I guess for the Rat King quest.

I can help with nightfalls on PS4 if anyone needs it. It's easier this week as it's a easier strike and people are much higher now than last week.

Fyi for those who didn't know. It seems as once you equip an exotic ornament it's always available on the same weapon if you ever dismantle and get another or get multiple of one.

Check if this link works. https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2158254

I'd like to make that signature image a link to it, but I'm not sure how to do that.
Thanks, it was actually pretty easy once I was in game. After you're in game, view/inspect one of your CAG XBL buddies and check out their clan, then join clan. Done.

Currently 9, 90* w/74% on my gunslinger relic.

I should be able to iron that our pretty easily tonight...is there a respec feature? I've been reading unless you really like the starting subclass, it's smart to save your points until you unlock the subclass you plan to main (at least for the better part of the beginning). I'm fine w/Gunslinger but I'd prefer to have Nightstalker.

Funny, at first early campaign I would be doing a public event solo...then a wave of guardians came through and then it was just trying to play catch up and don't die in the chaos. I really like they still reward you for trying a public event. I also really like fast travelling into an area and being able to get credit for the end of a public event w/a loot chest. hee hee.

Originally I was kinda bummed I didn't preorder and get the preorder bonuses, but surprise surprise...code inside physical copy. So it's essentially am unmarked "launch" copy. I look fwd to that coldheart beam projecting from me to bad men's weak points.

So when Pop-Tarts sends you the double xp codes does it arrive via a text? First time I sent the receipts in I got a text back two later saying they needed pics of the whole receipt. So I took new pics and sent them in now I'm getting a text back saying that they already received those receipts and they were not valid.

So when Pop-Tarts sends you the double xp codes does it arrive via a text? First time I sent the receipts in I got a text back two later saying they needed pics of the whole receipt. So I took new pics and sent them in now I'm getting a text back saying that they already received those receipts and they were not valid.
I sent the receipt in via text. They sent a confirmation text back saying they received it. A few days later I got an additional text saying it was completed with a link in the text message. The link in the text sent me back to the kfr website. Once there I could create an account if I didn't have one, or sign in to my existing account. I logged in to my existing account and there was a webpage displaying the 2 codes to enter on bungie.net.

Hope that helps.

What's up with people playing volleyball with a moon shaped beach ball on the tower?
Because nothing strikes fear into the hearts of the enemy than playing recreational sports at your HQ. There should be an oversized soccer ball at the Farm iirc. Probably frustrates Ghaul to no end when guardians scream GOAL!!! and he thinks they're making fun of his name.

Question:

I'm lvl 13/134* now.

I just got an exotic engram from a random drop...I read some forums etc, watched videos, so the general consensus says to decrypt now because engram drops are based on a snapshot of your light level the moment it drops. Correct? (As opposed to luminous and powerful engrams rewards)

Thanks in advance.

Because nothing strikes fear into the hearts of the enemy than playing recreational sports at your HQ. There should be an oversized soccer ball at the Farm iirc. Probably frustrates Ghaul to no end when guardians scream GOAL!!! and he thinks they're making fun of his name.

Question:
I'm lvl 13/134* now.

I just got an exotic engram from a random drop...I read some forums etc, watched videos, so the general consensus says to decrypt now because engram drops are based on a snapshot of your light level the moment it drops. Correct? (As opposed to luminous and powerful engrams rewards)

Thanks in advance.
If you take the engram to the Cryptarch it will tell you at what power level it will decrypt.

thank-xur-its-friday-txif.jpg

Xur's on Nessus.  The armor is stuff you can get by playing the campaign, but the weapon is worth picking up.  It's the Merciless arc fusion power weapon.  I had to dismantle some legendaries I was saving for the shards, but it was worth it. 

If you get a [emoji145] trick at the farm the [emoji312] go off.

Ooo...informative. (not sarcasm).

thanks man, I'm glad to know all the little changes in D2 are pretty sweet.

So...yes, go and get it decrypted asap? Hahaha. <---
You don't need to go to the Cryptarch to see it's level though. Just pause and right bumper to you inventory and the engrams should show there. You may have to put your cursor over it to see the power level. Also whatever level it says, add 5 to it. Exotics come equiped with legendary mods that add 5 power level.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I know it was mentioned but I highly recommend grabbing the Merciless fusion. As of right now it's the highest dps heavy against bosses and I can see in the future, strategies forming around an entire team just pulling them out to melt a boss. Whether in the Raid or the new times nightfalls it will come in handy. Plus maybe we'll have another Black Spindle situation and I'm sure we all will be grateful to have the Merciless then! : p

I got off early last night but will be back on Xbox Sunday night(probably 6/7pm est). If anyone wants to do the nightfall or wants help with quests/etc, let me know.

thank-xur-its-friday-txif.jpg

Xur's on Nessus. The armor is stuff you can get by playing the campaign, but the weapon is worth picking up. It's the Merciless arc fusion power weapon. I had to dismantle some legendaries I was saving for the shards, but it was worth it.
I know it was mentioned but I highly recommend grabbing the Merciless fusion. As of right now it's the highest dps heavy against bosses and I can see in the future, strategies forming around an entire team just pulling them out to melt a boss. Whether in the Raid or the new times nightfalls it will come in handy. Plus maybe we'll have another Black Spindle situation and I'm sure we all will be grateful to have the Merciless then! : p
Sounds like merciless is this weekends goal.
Don't forget that you can replace the Element mod and keep the gun relevant for different shield types. I don't have very many of those mods though...

So if my titan is sunbreaker then I want the solar mod?
I haven't seen the weapon yet so I don't know how it meshes with specific sub-classes, but I'm referring to the shields the bosses and adds have. You don't want to waste more than one shot trying to break through their shields, so you need to match their element type.

bread's done
Back