Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

Heads up.  Reports are coming that the Crota funko pop has been spotted in the wild.  A guy on Facebook in Lexington, KY found one.  I tried a couple targets by me and no sign of him, though. 

So is the Oryx throwback the one I didn't see last night? Wasn't Oryx the one with the runners and the platforms? Isn't that what we did last night? I figured you were calling that "game show" because of the buttons we had to shoot. I'm confused.
should have just said kings fall - it's just standing on plates with a buff and rotating to refresh the buff while you activate something

267*

Got a 270 Hard light (265 w/+5 mod). Man, I missed this auto rifle...I really like that you can change the damage type too. I bet on PC you can probably hotkey some way to rotate the damage type so you could always have it coincide w/Prism during a NF. My purples seem to be capped at 265 now...so begins the slow climb towards the next tier.

The matchmaking in Quickplay crucible has been abysmal. I don't know why 4 randoms get matched again 3 Clan/1 random so often.

I got a Guided Games ticket from the postmaster. I feel special, oh wait...Bungie Allstar week 2 winner! (I'm sure that has everything to do with the selection for just me...just......me.) They probably saw my LL compared to everyone else active in the clan and thought I needed some help.

Same time tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the guided game ticket last night too. just....us. We're special.

Got up to 274 last night. I'm inching my way up there. Need to do the NF and work on the planet quests. I need to get the MIDA quest started!

Experimenting with different weapons and gosts in the crucible last night. Teamwork seems to be more important than particular weapons in the crucible.

Guided game ticket was available at Postmaster in the Tower. Didn't accept though as I wasn't sure what to do with it yet.

Tickets are for the nightfall strikes(maybe raid too, I haven't checked). If you want to do matchmaking(guided games) for it, you need to use 1 ticket.

Guided game ticket was available at Postmaster in the Tower. Didn't accept though as I wasn't sure what to do with it yet.

My Hunter is up to 284 and blues and purples are dropping well below that PL (but still curiously climbing), so I decided to play catch-up on my Warlock and most of those drops were actually well above his PL (started at low 260s and ended at 274).  What determines at what rate your blues and purples increase in PL?  It doesn't seem to be linear with your character's PL.

What determines at what rate your blues and purples increase in PL? It doesn't seem to be linear with your character's PL.
There's a soft cap that hits around 260/265. Blues/purples stop at that level. Then after you pass 270, your blues and purples will start to increase slowly, but always lagging behind your level. They are there in case you have one specific slot that is grossly underleveled so the blue/purple can help you fill that slot if need be, but they are not there to help you grow your level per se. (This applies to blues more than to purples; see below.)

That said, purples that drop from some events or from luminous engrams (rewards for completing milestones) are equal to or higher than your level and are meant to be an improvement. Once you are over 265, your main sources for getting even higher should be exotic engrams, milestones, raid/trials drops, and exotic quests. All the other stuff is just for glimmer and weapon parts, really.

There's a soft cap that hits around 260/265. Blues/purples stop at that level. Then after you pass 270, your blues and purples will start to increase slowly, but always lagging behind your level. They are there in case you have one specific slot that is grossly underleveled so the blue/purple can help you fill that slot if need be, but they are not there to help you grow your level per se. (This applies to blues more than to purples; see below.)

That said, purples that drop from some events or from luminous engrams (rewards for completing milestones) are equal to or higher than your level and are meant to be an improvement. Once you are over 265, your main sources for getting even higher should be exotic engrams, milestones, raid/trials drops, and exotic quests. All the other stuff is just for glimmer and weapon parts, really.
And what is silly is that the weapon parts gets you more potentially underpowered gear. :) I guess that helps you try to get that specific peice of gear that you're looking for and then you can infuse it to the proper PL.

Ok just to help out with info

My Warlock is 304 LL and the vendors are droping at 292 - 299 depends on the engram or event 

My blues are dropiing between 292 - 295 currently again depending if i get them in wild Public Events or Nightfalls remember you can farm nightfalls for high end blues that come out of the chest though this weeks nightfall sux... sux really bad. 

Would like to NF tonight if possible I could be on at 10:45 pm est.
Looking to do it too, but it will be a bit later than that.

I got pulled into a raid group with some CAGs last night and did the one part I hadn't done before. It wasn't too bad and I got some 291 boots out of it (I was about 285). We started on the boss but didn't have time to get too far. I think I know how it works now but we didn't even get past the first damage phase. I have to say I do not like the Raid mechanics of constant instant wipes if one little thing isn't attended to. I often had no idea why we were all dying.

So I was complaining about the RNG not giving me boot mods so I could craft a legendary the other day. Well last night I got some good RNG. I got an exotic engram from somewhere and it turned out to be a 290 Coldheart. I had thought that gun was useless when I first picked it up as the preorder bonus. Plus mine was still like 200 or something. But apparently in the boss phase if you are in the nether realm or whatever it is, you need to shoot a bunch of skulls at one point and what I was using just wasn't cutting it. They had suggested Coldheart but I wasn't prepared to infuse mine just yet (and wouldn't have been able to get it much past 280). Getting one at 290 is perfect - hopefully I can get back into the Raid and use it this time and do much better.

I ground out my Crucible matches last night and got useless rewards from both that and my Clan XP engrams. So I really have nothing left to do on my Titan other than complete the Raid and Nightfall. I've heard the Nightfall is tougher this week but I really need to get it done for the double drops (Nightfall itself and the Powerful engram after).

Figured I should post in here and see if any other CAGs wanna run Crucible, Strikes, or the Raid.  Sounds like you guys are actually pretty active.

I just wish there was an in-game LFG for Clan activities.

I guess I should point out my gamertag is - fleshribbon

Hah. So now I've done one part of the Raid on my Titan and a different part on my Warlock.  I keep getting invited for bits of it ;).

Still need to do Nightfall x 2 this week if at all possible...

271*

Once the bane of my existence in the crucible is now mine.

Vigilance Wing. (complete w/sweet skin) was one of the milestone rewards...felt so good, especially after getting 3 blues from the NF chest and a instantly dismantled purple.

Re: the NF...Wow, that boss and his whole encounter is so  chaotic and annoying.

Raised my Coldheart to 270, I love it...loved it when I got it and used it a lot in PVP. While it certainly gives away your location, it does often rattle some players and if they make a predictable B line towards you, they're dead. I've been using it less in crucible because of The End scout rifle but now I might mix it up some more.

Drops are class exclusive...we know that, somehow though mods are not class exclusive. I'm sitting on a legendary Warlock bond mark. Luckily my next character, if I ever get to it was going to be just that.

I caught up on sleep, so in theory I should be on around 10pm EST.

Going to give Arcstrider a 2nd go tonight. After getting Lucky raspberry and seeing the nade spam potential, I gotta test it out and see how good it is. Sure, nightstalker is great but waiting for the abilities w/out Orpheus Rig is just so average. Hahaha.

Hopefully, arc bolt nade spam is legit and I can get through grinding PVE content +2 nades faster every encounter.

271*

Once the bane of my existence in the crucible is now mine.

Vigilance Wing. (complete w/sweet skin) was one of the milestone rewards...felt so good, especially after getting 3 blues from the NF chest and a instantly dismantled purple.

Re: the NF...Wow, that boss and his whole encounter is so chaotic and annoying.

Raised my Coldheart to 270, I love it...loved it when I got it and used it a lot in PVP. While it certainly gives away your location, it does often rattle some players and if they make a predictable B line towards you, they're dead. I've been using it less in crucible because of The End scout rifle but now I might mix it up some more.

Drops are class exclusive...we know that, somehow though mods are not class exclusive. I'm sitting on a legendary Warlock bond mark. Luckily my next character, if I ever get to it was going to be just that.

I caught up on sleep, so in theory I should be on around 10pm EST.
I got a Vigilance Wing last night too but I haven't used it yet. I hear a lot of Mida Multi Tools and Agenda 5's in Curcible, but I don't think I've heard the 5-round burst of Vigilance Wing. Is it good in PVP? :)

Hah. So now I've done one part of the Raid on my Titan and a different part on my Warlock. I keep getting invited for bits of it ;).

Still need to do Nightfall x 2 this week if at all possible...
Going to be on tonight? if it's not too late, I'll run NF.

For me Rockstar codes seem to give Bright Engrams only
If that's the case then it may not be worth it. In my very first batch of 3 Bright Engrams I got the Hunter chestpiece, but since then I've only gotten the occasional ship or ghost or sparrow. A few days ago I got an exotic emote, which was neat, but I don't think it would be worth buying an energy drink for that.

OK, maybe one, but THAT'S IT.....

I got a Vigilance Wing last night too but I haven't used it yet. I hear a lot of Mida Multi Tools and Agenda 5's in Curcible, but I don't think I've heard the 5-round burst of Vigilance Wing. Is it good in PVP? :)
I see Mida Multi Tool in crucible a lot mainly because dat radar when ADS. Plus you figure ppl wanna showboat a bit and boast they did the quest ahead of other ppl.

Normally I lose when trading w/a V_Wing. I'm guessing because I think, pulse rifle...okay, I can kill him before the 3rd volley of rounds. Nope, those 5 rounds w/the recoil pattern is likely hitting 2 in the chest and 2 in the face, and maybe 1 miss. By the 2nd volley of rounds, I'm probably already head at mid to close range.

I used pulse rifles in PVP and it's not like D1 to me, I used the same pulse rifles in PVE and it was like throwing popcorn at a tank. Switched to V_wing. Holy cow. I felt like I was using an SMG or AR in CC. Lot of acronyms there.

I've had no luck with pulse rifles in the crucible since the beta. I have never tried the V-Wing yet but might later on if I get the chance to play. At one point I was running double auto rifles and was doing pretty good with them. If I ever get a Nergal or NightShade to drop I will definitely try those again. I wish I did the Rat King quest. I ran the NF this morning with 7:30 left with a couple of guys from LFG.

I am up to 291 with a very uncomfortable build. 

I've had no luck with pulse rifles in the crucible since the beta. I have never tried the V-Wing yet but might later on if i get the chance to play. At one point I was running double auto rifles and was doing pretty good with them. If I ever get a Nergal or NightShade to drop I will definitely try those again. I wish i was did the Rat King quest I ran the NF this morning with 7:30 left with a couple of guys from LFG.

While I'm finding weapons I like, I don't think I'll settle down with a build for a while. I chose the Nightshade from Zavala on my Warlock and that things sounds like mechanical sex. On my Hunter I've been using an Agenda 5 for Crucible and as long as they aren't too close I stand a good chance of coming out on top (with about 90% of kills being precision kills). Occasionally it does pretty well up close if I don't ADS, but that doesn't feel natural at all.

Has anyone had any luck (good or bad) with the Legendary Shotgun called "First in, Last Out" ? It doesn't fire a spread of shot but rather a single slug and the damage falloff from it is HUGE. I haven't used it in Crucible yet. In fact I rarely focus on Power Weapons because my Agenda 5 is hogging all my time.

I've had no luck with pulse rifles in the crucible since the beta. I have never tried the V-Wing yet but might later on if i get the chance to play. At one point I was running double auto rifles and was doing pretty good with them. If I ever get a Nergal or NightShade to drop I will definitely try those again. I wish i was did the Rat King quest I ran the NF this morning with 7:30 left with a couple of guys from LFG.

Me neither. I switched to Urirel's Gift after somebody kept killing me with it and had much better luck.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Been trying to do an NF run... Does it not match you up with randoms? It keeps just dropping me in alone. The other strikes don’t do that...

Been trying to do an NF run... Does it not match you up with randoms? It keeps just dropping me in alone. The other strikes don’t do that...
The only way to do match making for NF (and I think Raids, soon) is to spend a Guided Games token from being in a clan.

Been using Sweet Business in the crucible as my kinetic weapon and either Uriel's gift or Seven-Six-Five. Doing better but still need more practice.

Heads up, looks like there's a few people who signed up for the clan who don't even have the game. We'll be going through and cleaning up some of those soon, so a few slots should open up.

We NEED people that will play the game. The more participation we get, the more fun everyone will have.

Happy gaming!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You can always dismantle it when you hit 280 to create a new random legendary mod (dismantle 2 to create 1).

Has anyone had any luck (good or bad) with the Legendary Shotgun called "First in, Last Out" ? It doesn't fire a spread of shot but rather a single slug and the damage falloff from it is HUGE. I haven't used it in Crucible yet. In fact I rarely focus on Power Weapons because my Agenda 5 is hogging all my time.
I have one of those and was wondering what it was like. But I always just use the raid rocket launcher as my power weapon.

The only way to do match making for NF (and I think Raids, soon) is to spend a Guided Games token from being in a clan.
I may end up doing that tonight as no one seems to want to run Nightfall with me ;).

Been using Sweet Business in the crucible as my kinetic weapon and either Uriel's gift or Seven-Six-Five. Doing better but still need more practice.
I keep getting a lot of these weapons, though I have no idea what a "V-Wing" is or this Sweet Business. I think early on I was dismantling or infusing all the random weapons I got, but now I'm saving 1 of each just in case they end up being super good for Crucible. For now, though, I'm just running the dual Mida combo. I do the same for PvE too. I got a new exotic scout rifle (Syburners something I think) and paired that with the pulse rifle you get early on that everyone likes. I did notice that pulse rifles seem really weak in PvE now. What gives with that? I went back to my Mida combo...

I'll have to give this Uriel's Gift a shot.

Linkin: Yeah, people who don't even have the game should be out ASAP. That's just stupid. It's just surprising to me that with 100 members we have yet to get the Raid completion engram. I know some of our core group is getting close, but I figured some of the randos who joined would have done it. I guess part of the problem is they have to do it with at least 2 other clan members. After cleaning out people who don't have the game, you might consider cleaning out people who never play with other clan members AND who aren't regular CAGs. I have no problem with people who are regulars here, but who might not have time to play with others, being in the clan. But randos that signed up from Cheapy's tweet or just found out about it some other way and have nothing to do with CAG can get lost ;)..

Heads up, looks like there's a few people who signed up for the clan who don't even have the game. We'll be going through and cleaning up some of those soon, so a few slots should open up.

We NEED people that will play the game. The more participation we get, the more fun everyone will have.

Happy gaming!

Thank you! Good work, boyo!

I highly recommend changing the clan settings to require founder/admin approval.
Only Broly/Vash can do that, and at this point I agree.

Ok just cleaned up those users who signed up and don't even own the game. So far 8-9 spots open. Let your friends know.

Guess it was less than i expected. We will try to continue to monitor activity and open up spots periodically.

It's just surprising to me that with 100 members we have yet to get the Raid completion engram. I know some of our core group is getting close, but I figured some of the randos who joined would have done it. I guess part of the problem is they have to do it with at least 2 other clan members.
Just FYI if you all are planning to get the clan raid engram: for all clan engrams, at least half of the fireteam must be from the same clan. With a full raid team, you'd need at least 3 people from the same clan to get the clan raid engram. For the trials engram, you'd need at least 2 people from the same clan to get the clan trials engram. Etc.

274*

Io - V_Wing is Vigilance Wing (aka my nickname for the wpn). The 5 shot burst pulse rifle that looks like it's straight outta Trials...even though it's not a trial's reward.

Decyprted a purple & the Wardcliff Coil (macross missiles) rocket launcher popped out at 280. Surprise surprise! I was so stoked, then Xur shows up and trolled me by selling it to everyone else. This happened a day before the lady at the Eververse shop decided to troll me also by selling the Angel Bloom sparrow the day after I got it from opening an Bright engram. It's has a light metallic purple shader.

Pretty crazy that we have/had ppl who clanned up but don't even have the game. Where they waiting for the PC version? wth.

FACTION RALLY!

It's actually a pretty cool idea and I also like the fact you don't miss out on the weapon, you just pay extra glimmer for it if your faction doesn't come out on top. Granted I'll take a look at the faction wares and choose based on that and possibly their updated message but, I in D1, they sent a lot of teh hawt goth chicks to my apt and totally sealed my sponsorship. Dat hunter cloak though...

Who knows this time around, still will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

I'm a New Monarchy guy, but that sidearm? Yuck. Guess it's Dead Orbit for me. That scout rifle looks nice and I have visions of Hung Jury dancing in my head.
Was going to suggest ppl we party up with to do dailies and crucible possibly, join the same faction so grinding out rep is easier or at least more efficient. :D

Was going to suggest ppl we party up with to do dailies and crucible possibly, join the same faction so grinding out rep is easier or at least more efficient. :D
Yes, definitely. I'm second guessing DO now because I do really like that NM helmet. UB does bring up a good point about the kool-aid, though.....

I'm thinking FWC because they're a cult and cults have kool-aid and I'm thirsty.

Just FYI if you all are planning to get the clan raid engram: for all clan engrams, at least half of the fireteam must be from the same clan. With a full raid team, you'd need at least 3 people from the same clan to get the clan raid engram. For the trials engram, you'd need at least 2 people from the same clan to get the clan trials engram. Etc.
I've been tooling around, just kinda doing my own thing, but yeah. I need to run this stuff with the clan. Anyone use slack or know how to set up a slack channel? That tool works wonderfully for other clans to organize stuff. I have no clue how to get that going.

but the new monarchy shaders are so pretty
I know you have multiple characters, you can probably just buy them and apply them to your gear. :D

As for kool-aid, Dead Orbit haz kool-aid, it's black or white but tastes just like any of the variety of flavors available...but it's a mystery. Ooo. :beer:

My usual time slot on a weeknight is about 10 pm - 2 am EST. Most ppl in the clan are raiding or doing their own thing. The doing their own thingers should probably party up and do their own thing as a fireteam more often.

I tested the Lucky Raspberry chest after watching those videos...yeah, maybe mine is broken. I don't think I ever got it to proc in the crucible, but for PVE it's awesome.

Yes, definitely. I'm second guessing DO now because I do really like that NM helmet. UB does bring up a good point about the kool-aid, though.....

I've been tooling around, just kinda doing my own thing, but yeah. I need to run this stuff with the clan. Anyone use slack or know how to set up a slack channel? That tool works wonderfully for other clans to organize stuff. I have no clue how to get that going.
Slack may be a good idea. It let's you share stuff - docs, videos, links, etc.

So say a team is doing a raid. Everyone could look at the same map via slack and the fireteam leader could discuss the plan of attack. Or we could organize who will be on when doing what. Everything's organized into channels. And it work on multiple platfors/OS across multiple devices.

We can also manage calendars so people doing similar events/tasks can meet up when they have availability. These can be managed per channel. So we could have a #nightfall channel with an associated calendar. (I think. )

I'll check out setting up one this evening unless some one else gets to it first.

It's free so no big deal.

bread's done
Back