Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

Hoping the new merchant sales setup fixes the loop I'm stuck in with banshee. I keep getting weapon drops at 294, but I need 300's. So I break down the 294 weapons which gives me weapon parts that I trade to banshee for an engram. That engram yields weapons at 294 which I breakdown to get weapon parts (yes I get some shards) which I trade back to banshee for an engram that yields weapons at 294 which I breakdown to get weapon parts ...

Hoping the new merchant sales setup fixes the loop I'm stuck in with banshee. I keep getting weapon drops at 294, but I need 300's. So I break down the 294 weapons which gives me weapon parts that I trade to banshee for an engram. That engram yields weapons at 294 which I breakdown to get weapon parts (yes I get some shards) which I trade back to banshee for an engram that yields weapons at 294 which I breakdown to get weapon parts ...
I finally got my helmet I needed last week. It was the only item at I had at 304. I did all my milestones and didn't have anything. Luckily one of the clan drops gave it to me. The loot system definitely could show improvement.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If your drops are at 294, then your maximum light is 304. This means that the only 300 drops you will get are from Powerful Engrams for completing the higher end Milestones.

But again, I stress that this is about to not matter as the maximum Power Level will increase to 330/335 after this next reset. :)

If your drops are at 294, then your maximum light is 304. This means that the only 300 drops you will get are from Powerful Engrams for completing the higher end Milestones.

But again, I stress that this is about to not matter as the maximum Power Level will increase to 330/335 after this next reset. :)
I understand. It's just a crazy loop to be sick in. Would make sense if I could buy my way out by saving tokens/components and then using 1000 to buy more powerful gear than I could with 100 or 500.

Well see what happens with the upgrade. Define looking forward to the x enhancements.

Whoa. Stream tomorrow is cancelled and there will be a blog post to address community angst. This should be interesting.
End game fixes should be incoming. Strike specific loot, random rolls, mods that matter, Pvp weapon balance, exotic duplicates addressed, tokens, xp, private matches, and more hopefully will be discussed.

Cashed in a few powerful engrams...and...warlock still 304.

Sweet. I'll be on my usual Destiny time slot til roughly 1 AM EST. I could use a hand in a specific quest that I'm clearly not high enough level or geared for in Morrowind.
I tried to play ESO last night but the servers were down so I played Destiny instead ;).

I was also having a lot of problems with quests/dungeons in ESO. I don't remember it being that way 2 years ago. If a rando happens to be there it is super easy, but it seems like they made it harder to solo stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strike specific loot isn't new for Destiny, just surprised it's taking this long to implement it for D2...I remember farming for that halo cloak which I never got on my Hunter.

I tried to play ESO last night but the servers were down so I played Destiny instead ;).

I was also having a lot of problems with quests/dungeons in ESO. I don't remember it being that way 2 years ago. If a rando happens to be there it is super easy, but it seems like they made it harder to solo stuff.
I cashed in my Flame Antorach crates and got an apex mount. RNG finally ftw. They put in a daily dungeon reward system so getting into dungeons w/randoms is a lot more frequent and generally easy because there's always that one guy who's 690 CP running it for his friends. I'll be on tonight after likely after I iron out some some easy milestones in D2.

i like they are doing a trial, its always great to be able to experience a game for free.

I dont like it that much, the "flow" just seems off compared to destiny 1. But i am very early in the game, where 3 waves come and you need to defend something in the old lobby (cool idea to bring this!) ... i kept dying 2 or 3 times not knowing why and gave up for now.

Will definitely return tho. But yeah, gameplay seems a little slower. I did enhance camera movement by 2 steps, but this makes aiming a bit uncomfortable. Also you cant slide anymore as in 1. Double jump seemed better in 1 too, but there is probably upgrades ? :)

What i do like is the setting, and the way they tell the story. If I compare that to the soap opera that mass effect andromeda is... lol.. its worlds better.

i like they are doing a trial, its always great to be able to experience a game for free.

I dont like it that much, the "flow" just seems off compared to destiny 1. But i am very early in the game, where 3 waves come and you need to defend something in the old lobby (cool idea to bring this!) ... i kept dying 2 or 3 times not knowing why and gave up for now.

Will definitely return tho. But yeah, gameplay seems a little slower. I did enhance camera movement by 2 steps, but this makes aiming a bit uncomfortable. Also you cant slide anymore as in 1. Double jump seemed better in 1 too, but there is probably upgrades ? :)

What i do like is the setting, and the way they tell the story. If I compare that to the soap opera that mass effect andromeda is... lol.. its worlds better.
  1. The part where you keep dying, make sure you either stay close to Zavala to get into his bubble or stay far away from it because the ships outside pelt him with explosive rounds.
  2. You CAN slide in the game, and sliding is better now because they removed the sprint cooldown so if you time it right you can run-slide-run. Maybe sliding isn't enabled at that early stage in the game?

There is a slide maneuver, but I'm not sure if it's the same as in D1. Also class progression points allow upgrades to jump types. It's not exactly the D1 skills tree.

There is a slide maneuver, but I'm not sure if it's the same as in D1. Also class progression points allow upgrades to jump types. It's not exactly the D1 skills tree.
That's something else also. There are only so many points to unlock abilities for each character, but with Bungie raising the level cap to 25 I expect more such points will become available.

That's something else also. There are only so many points to unlock abilities for each character, but with Bungie raising the level cap to 25 I expect more such points will become available.
You can also get upgrade points for your subclasses by doing certain Adventures. Hover over each adventure on the map and it will list the potential rewards. The ones that say something like upgrade point will grant you one point upon completion. The adventures are fun and really well made.

You can also get upgrade points for your subclasses by doing certain Adventures. Hover over each adventure on the map and it will list the potential rewards. The ones that say something like upgrade point will grant you one point upon completion. The adventures are fun and really well made.
That's true, but those Adventures only reward you with an upgrade point the first time you complete them. After that, they change to rewarding you a rare engram or rare gear (I forget which).

just the fact they give you information now is so nice.

ppl will google it, follow guides etc, this cuts out the middle app...about time.

I know player count has dropped, but pretty stoked for the update tonight/tomorrow. Interested to see what happens with player count. Regardless of +/- changes with player count I still like Destiny 2.

Thought it was kind of cool they made a Destiny Ghost app to control all things Destiny with your voice with Alexa. 

Thought it was kind of cool they made a Destiny Ghost app to control all things Destiny with your voice with Alexa.
The ghost speaker (not required) is $90.

The app does gear loadouts. Sweet.
e5da4a7c72b3cccbb0d38b8b7dbac2db.jpg

You dont need that ghost. Any ALexa enabled device can do it. Just download the app. I wont lie that ghost looks kind of cool. Will add it to my list and buy it when it goes cheaper. 

I spend so much on this game even though i dont play it.  :booty:

You dont need that ghost. Any ALexa enabled device can do it. Just download the app. I wont lie that ghost looks kind of cool. Will add it to my list and buy it when it goes cheaper.

I spend so much on this game even though i dont play it. :booty:
Yeah, the ghost is just speaker. It's not an alexa enabled device.

Yeah, I read the fine print...funny still, I was actually considering getting the Dot today since it's on sale for $29.99.

You know if it came with exclusive in game emotes, weapons, skins, sparrows, and emblems they'd sell more...they shoulda had the ultimate collector's edition w/this or bundled it w/the DLC or something.

Yeah, I read the fine print...funny still, I was actually considering getting the Dot today since it's on sale for $29.99.

You know if it came with exclusive in game emotes, weapons, skins, sparrows, and emblems they'd sell more...they shoulda had the ultimate collector's edition w/this or bundled it w/the DLC or something.
Alexa is kind of cool. You should try a dot. I control all my lights and electronics with Alexa. Its neat. During black friday the dots were the same price but you could buy a smart plug for $5 with each amazon product. Made smart outlets $5 instead of the $20-$35 they usually go for.

So it's the night before and I don't see a pre-download of the new content.  I saw an update for the Curse of Osiris DLC but that was only ~10MB.  Is anyone seeing anything more than this?

So it's the night before and I don't see a pre-download of the new content. I saw an update for the Curse of Osiris DLC but that was only ~10MB. Is anyone seeing anything more than this?
Seeing the same. When I checked Curse of Osiris was already installed. Says last Destiny 2 update was 11/19/2017 1:08 PM.

Seeing the same. When I checked Curse of Osiris was already installed. Says last Destiny 2 update was 11/19/2017 1:08 PM.
It looks like it will be available for preload tomorrow morning.

GameSpot: Destiny 2 Curse Of Osiris DLC Release Time, Pre-Load, Install Size Announced. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwqaWNiDc

That's kind of a bummer because it might be a really big download if they are including 4K assets as previously mentioned.

305 Hunner

304 Lock

298 Titan

I gave up on playing the RNG slot machine for 1 piece to get 305 w/the warlock...it's all about the Titan now.

I bought the Spicy Ramen emote...I like spicy ramen IRL, I had Salty from before.

Alexa is kind of cool. You should try a dot. I control all my lights and electronics with Alexa. Its neat. During black friday the dots were the same price but you could buy a smart plug for $5 with each amazon product. Made smart outlets $5 instead of the $20-$35 they usually go for.
Yeah, it's quite an investment for the luxury of thinking out loud what you want to do w/your lights and thermostat. My friend has her whole house hooked up, even floor, even the Christmas lights. If the outlets go on sale again I'll pick up one or two and try it out.

Edit: Yeah so, there's apparently a special today for the Dot + TP smart plug today for $34.99 combo. Hahaha, I bought one.

It looks like it will be available for preload tomorrow morning.

GameSpot: Destiny 2 Curse Of Osiris DLC Release Time, Pre-Load, Install Size Announced. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwqaWNiDc

That's kind of a bummer because it might be a really big download if they are including 4K assets as previously mentioned.
Looked this morning before I left for work and didn't see an update. Thought I might set it to download while I was at work. No such luck.

Looked this morning before I left for work and didn't see an update. Thought I might set it to download while I was at work. No such luck.
The update went live pretty much at 10AM CT sharp. It was 6.02GB in size and now the game shows up in the list of Xbox One X Enhanced games, but I have a feeling the 4K+HDR update hasn't actually released yet.

I guess the raging controversy behind "Raid Lair" vs. "Raid Layer" has been put to rest now. :)

15mbt5w.jpg

So I've been playing this for a few hours now, and here are my observations:

• Some subtle (and some not so subtle) changes to existing sound effects, including my Sparrow (Vanishing Point), my gun (Nameless Midnight), and other things like the guns on the Fallen ships.  Also, infusing gear to a higher Power Level now uses the "Light level increase" sound from D1.
  • A LOT of armor now has ornaments - Faction, Vanguard, Crucible, and Iron Banner (and probably Trials and Raid gear but I don'w have any of that).
  • A few new ghosts that are exotic.  I don't have any yet, but hopefully they won't count as your sole exotic equipped on the left side of the screen...
  • A few of the new Sparrows and ships look VERY nice.
  • Blue gear appears to max out at 300 PL while purple and yellow gear will both probably go all the way to 330 (currently overall PL is 311 with some gear as high as 319).  EDIT - I just got a 302 blue hand cannon, so who knows...
  • Master Rahool (and I bet Tyra Karn) now sell purple engrams, but they appear to max out at 300.
  • Third part extensions that help manage your inventory (like DIM) probably need to get caught up to how gear is now.  Weapons and armor and ghost shells and something else aren't showing up in DIM.  EDIT - DIM is working again.
I haven't played much of the story yet, but I am quite enjoying leveling (getting to 25 is pretty quick) and clearing out my spare 300 gear. :)

Love the 4K+HDR update on the X. Didn't think it could look THAT much better, but it totally does.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Got a friend who'd like to join the CAG clan too - he's also got a profile on here, though I'm not sure what it is. He put in a join request, his XBL name is "J0BB".

So I didn't play till last night because of the stupid change in reset time: about 12-14 hours after it came out.  There was no one online, and our Clan didn't have any engrams earned yet.  Is no one actually playing this?  I see a few comments above, but, wow... I thought it was funny Polygon published an article complaining how some content was locked behind the expansion paywall.  Yeah, that would be an issue if ANYONE STILL PLAYED THIS GAME.  :lol:

Anyway, I had no idea what to do but the first thing I did was turn in some Gunsmith engrams and got a few things to 308, then quickly realized I could no longer use them since they went to level 21 when I did that.  I still had one of them equipped when I did that, and I simply couldn't switch to it in battle.  Fortunately leveling seems to be very fast.  I did a little bit of the story and a few public events and got to level 24 in about 2 hours.  My 4 "illuminated" engrams gave me a bunch of ships and sparrows for the most part.  Nothing too special yet.

I assume I want to hold off on cashing in my Powerful engrams until I maximize my power level from normal drops and vendor items.  So I'll probably just wait till Monday to use them.

I made the same mistake when I first jumped on and couldn't figure out why my level dropped.

Aren't power level engrams locked like everything else when you earn them?

I made the same mistake when I first jumped on and couldn't figure out why my level dropped.

Aren't power level engrams locked like everything else when you earn them?

I just remember at the beginning everyone saying to not cash them in till the end of the week when you'd be higher level. I seem to remember that working at least once for me. But it has been a while since they weren't all 300.

I can hold off on earning the Crucible (if I even bother) and Heroic Strikes one. But the Clan XP one comes naturally and I did the EDZ flashpoint one as a way to gain XP quickly.

I got to 25 very quickly last night just cycling through public events and working on Ikora's challenge.

I wasn't yet at 305, but I already have some gear in the 310-313 range. So right now, it feels like powering up comes quickly.

bread's done
Back