Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

A question - has anyone expierenced not being able to preview shaders or apply shaders or mods to anything?  Sometimes I can preview a shader a few times, but after that it's like the Y button doesn't work anymore, except that it does because I can still press Y to inspect said item and other things.

A question - has anyone expierenced not being able to preview shaders or apply shaders or mods to anything? Sometimes I can preview a shader a few times, but after that it's like the Y button doesn't work anymore, except that it does because I can still press Y to inspect said item and other things.
I had 2000 so I bought the Warlock chest. I will buy the Titan and Warlock helms for sure, and maybe the Titan chest if it comes back around again.

Awful quiet around these parts... has anyone played the raid lair? I haven't seen any real discussion of it or articles on it on my usual game-related websites.

Hunter - 1 piece of gear from 335 (6 points total)
Warlock - 1 piece of gear from 335 (1 point total)
Titan - 2 pieces of gear from 335 (14 points total)

I apologize in advance if no one is getting 330/335 Titan helmets. The game is making sure that I have all 10 helmets for her at 335 before I get anywhere near 335 overall...

So has anyone found their favorite set of armor yet?  I haven't seen all the armor personally (no Raid or Trials) but I think I've settled on the Swordflight (Crucible) armor for my Hunter.  That, paired with various ornaments enabled and New Monarchy Diamonds, looks GREAT.  It's a shame that whenever we are starting a Crucible match that we are automatically the one in front of the group because I want people to see me up close in all my glory. :)

Awful quiet around these parts... has anyone played the raid lair? I haven't seen any real discussion of it or articles on it on my usual game-related websites.
I played it. It's actually not bad about the same length as crota. Just no reason to really to keep doing it. Bungie have really screwed the end game up.

Things have changed a ton for me. I used to do the Destiny 1 raids from Crota onwards on day 1 (Crota we started minute 1). I don't even know what this lair thing is and I only cleared the regular raid twice total - which I used to do 3x each week for most of the first couple of years of D1.

If someone can summarize what this raid lair thing is all about I'd appreciate it ;).

Haven’t done it but watched a few YouTube videos on it. Looks like there is a jumping puzzle at the beginning where you can only have one person at a time on a platform which raise out if the water one at a time. So you kind of move one guy forward and the guy behind him takes his previous spot and so on and so on. Then you split into teams of three with pretty much the same purpose of only having one player on each platform while you move forward. After that I think you get launched into space a while you free fall you have to fall through a certain number of Bex rings if you want a exotic chest to spawn at the bottom of the fall.

Next comes the boss which has two phases which invoke the same mechanic basically. The first phase you take these lasers and put them in these elemental fires that corespond with what the boss shows you on his outer shield. You have to do this three times once in each of his sides. Next you do his inner shield with the lasers but you have to all three player shoot them at the same time and push them with the lasers to the middle of his shield. Once you do that it’s a damage phase on the boss. After that you have to jump up on platforms and destroy two critical spots on the top of him or you will wipe. After that you rinse and repeat till he is dead. After you destroy him you get sucked back to the room where the boss chest is in the regular raid to get your rewards.

People seems to be getting it done in less than a half an hour with higher light level properly balanced groups one phasing the boss at the end.

Hunter - 1 piece of gear from 335 (6 points total)
Warlock - 1 piece of gear from 335 (1 point total)
Titan - 2 pieces of gear from 335 (14 points total)

I apologize in advance if no one is getting 330/335 Titan helmets. The game is making sure that I have all 10 helmets for her at 335 before I get anywhere near 335 overall...

So has anyone found their favorite set of armor yet? I haven't seen all the armor personally (no Raid or Trials) but I think I've settled on the Swordflight (Crucible) armor for my Hunter. That, paired with various ornaments enabled and New Monarchy Diamonds, looks GREAT. It's a shame that whenever we are starting a Crucible match that we are automatically the one in front of the group because I want people to see me up close in all my glory. :)
Crucible armor looks good for a hunter, not so much on a titan. I'm a titan. I don't want fur on my neck.

Right now my titan has mostly Simulator (FWC) armor except for legs which are the MK 42 Something Somethings (exotic gear) but I used FWC shaders on the leg armor. Liking Asher Mir's armor set for my titan. Also liking the Krull armor set (have a few pieces) for my titan, which I thought was from the raid but apparently not.

Right now I have my hunter in the Took Offense armor from Zavala with some mods.

I jumped back on to check out the Dawning event.  When I realized it was a return to the farming materials crap from Destiny 1 I checked out to play Assassin's Creed and Battlefront II.  I haven't even done the adventure missions for the latest DLC.  Just ran through the main story.  I don't have the ambition to grind towards the level cap and it is really starting to bug me that the only way to get new ghosts, sparrows, or ships is from Eververse.

I jumped back on to check out the Dawning event. When I realized it was a return to the farming materials crap from Destiny 1 I checked out to play Assassin's Creed and Battlefront II. I haven't even done the adventure missions for the latest DLC. Just ran through the main story. I don't have the ambition to grind towards the level cap and it is really starting to bug me that the only way to get new ghosts, sparrows, or ships is from Eververse.
sparrows might be attainable when SRL comes out...whenever that may be.

I jumped back on to check out the Dawning event. When I realized it was a return to the farming materials crap from Destiny 1 I checked out to play Assassin's Creed and Battlefront II. I haven't even done the adventure missions for the latest DLC. Just ran through the main story. I don't have the ambition to grind towards the level cap and it is really starting to bug me that the only way to get new ghosts, sparrows, or ships is from Eververse.
It seems that when you complete the gift for everyone once, they non longer make you do that and just give you the rewards flat-out. I've actually gotten a decent Sparrow and a few decent ghost shells from them, which is good because otherwise they would dismantle into a Legendary Shard or two and some glimmer.

Now that the Dawning event is over, I can relax a little bit and not have to worry about the grind needing to be daily and now just have to worry about it needing to be weekly. :)  I was fortunate enough to get lots of the Winterhart gear randomly and be able to afford all the rest of the gear in the store with Bright Dust with the exception of the Titan mark and the Warlock bond, but I got the freebie version of those from the daily gifts anyway.

Also, this --> https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46567

It's a short term and medium term roadmap for updates to Destiny 2, and there is some pretty exciting stuff in there (6v6 anyone?)

Now that the Dawning event is over, I can relax a little bit and not have to worry about the grind needing to be daily and now just have to worry about it needing to be weekly. :) I was fortunate enough to get lots of the Winterhart gear randomly and be able to afford all the rest of the gear in the store with Bright Dust with the exception of the Titan mark and the Warlock bond, but I got the freebie version of those from the daily gifts anyway.

Also, this --> https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46567

It's a short term and medium term roadmap for updates to Destiny 2, and there is some pretty exciting stuff in there (6v6 anyone?)
If they come through on the changes they mentioned I think it will fix a lot of what I have issues with. I just hope while implementing the changes they also don't get rid of some of the things D2 did improve as well.

If they come through on the changes they mentioned I think it will fix a lot of what I have issues with. I just hope while implementing the changes they also don't get rid of some of the things D2 did improve as well.
I'm excited to see what changes they make to Nightfalls. For some reason I have a hard time finding a third so we two-man it and can't quite get it done before time runs out.

Good updates overall.  Wasn't as grand as I expected, but they're all good changes.  I don't know if it's enough to stave off the rabbid horde of internet demons who love nothing more than to complain about Destiny and Bugnie, though. 

Good updates overall. Wasn't as grand as I expected, but they're all good changes. I don't know if it's enough to stave off the rabbid horde of internet demons who love nothing more than to complain about Destiny and Bugnie, though.
Even if it is enough to satisfy them, it won't last long and they'll find something else to wail about.

After who knows HOW MANY powerful engrams (weeks' worth) of repeat gear, I finally got my Hunter and Warlock up to 335.  My Titan is still languishing at 333, but hopefully she can get those two last pieces of gear after reset.

It's been so long since I've used this website, it's good to be back. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow - wish I has seen this earlier. I played a little bit each day during Dawning and ALL I FREAKING GOT was tons of sparrows and ghosts and ships. I'm sick of the damn things. I had to delete so many of them - what sucks is that they only gave shards for the ones from Dawning instead of silver dust. But with how many you could get I can see why they didn't want to give away so much dust. But at a certain point (like 1/4 the way into the Dawning Event) you simply had to log in, fly to the Tower, and go over to Ikora to pick up a free Ghost/Ship/Sparrow. It was actually pretty boring.

I'm excited to see what changes they make to Nightfalls. For some reason I have a hard time finding a third so we two-man it and can't quite get it done before time runs out.
I haven't done a Nightfall in months - would love to run them some time.

I am languishing at 333-334 on each character. I just need 1 or 2 armor pieces on each but what do I get all the time from my Powerful engrams? Sniper rifles...

I took some time to play Mario Odyssey and I have Zelda on the backlog but I just haven't felt like diving into something new so I have just played a little bit of Destiny 2 and nothing else. Just watching more Netflix nowadays.

So Faction Rally is back and you can get those ornaments for the faction gear.  I want the Titan mark one for New Monarchy so I guess I'll go for that.

I haven't done a Nightfall in months - would love to run them some time.
I'd like to do NF on all three characters to unlock the Faction helmet ornament for all three factions. Whenever you get a working mic, me and a buddy in OR will be ready and waiting. :)

^^ Highly recommend you guys do it this week.  Pyramidion nightfall with Torrent modifier is so easy and fun.  Nades everywhere.

I'd like to do NF on all three characters to unlock the Faction helmet ornament for all three factions. Whenever you get a working mic, me and a buddy in OR will be ready and waiting. :)
Yeah I need to get that helm for my Titan - already have all the other ornaments besides the supers kill one.

I have a mic - it's just disconnected now. I can use it if needed ;).

When you want to run it? I'll try to figure out which factions I want my other characters to be in tonight and maybe we can run all 3 in a row. Thursday it would have to be 10pm Pacific or so (or later). Friday I might be able to do it earlier.

Oh yeah you have to have a full set of the armor for the NF right? I'll have to get more of it. I have to say they greatly improved the RNG for this faction rally though. I remember redeeming tons of tokens and not getting a set for any of my characters last time. This time I did just 4 engrams on my Titan and already got the boots and arms I needed. I didn't even have to buy them (which is another option).

Yeah I need to get that helm for my Titan - already have all the other ornaments besides the supers kill one.

I have a mic - it's just disconnected now. I can use it if needed ;).

When you want to run it? I'll try to figure out which factions I want my other characters to be in tonight and maybe we can run all 3 in a row. Thursday it would have to be 10pm Pacific or so (or later). Friday I might be able to do it earlier.

Oh yeah you have to have a full set of the armor for the NF right? I'll have to get more of it. I have to say they greatly improved the RNG for this faction rally though. I remember redeeming tons of tokens and not getting a set for any of my characters last time. This time I did just 4 engrams on my Titan and already got the boots and arms I needed. I didn't even have to buy them (which is another option).
Typically what I've been doing is once I've turned in ten packages is just getting enough tokens to buy the rest of my gear, which means that I would need something to infuse the new gear to the proper PL.

I checked with him and he would be fine from about 10p to 12a PT. I'll be out of town Friday night and Saturday night, so I will be available tonight, Sunday, and Monday. Hopefully somewhere in there we can do a few runs. I also wouldn't mind getting that darn Rat King's Crew thing out of my inventory, but we'll see how it goes.

-

FYI to anyone that pledged FWC, the "Grenade kills in Strikes" requirement for the Legs ornament is a bear. Luckily I pledged my Titan to FWC so I have two grenades to throw around. :D

So Faction Rally is back and you can get those ornaments for the faction gear. I want the Titan mark one for New Monarchy so I guess I'll go for that.
Ooh faction rally. I've been on all the time. Then last 2 weeks trying some new games while keeping up with weeklies. But I'm back in hardcore for faction rally.

Titan and hunter at 328 with loadouts I like. Could maximize into 300's but not necessarily gear I like.

On xbox generally from 7 pm to midnight EST (sometimes as late as 2 am) during the week. I go bananas from Friday night at 6 pm to midnight Sunday, especially with this subzero weather. If you see me feel free to hit me up for a fireteam.

in a crucible quickplay match. Hunter pops his super and comes running around the corner as an arcstrider. I rush him with my titan and hit him shoulder first. Everybody blows up.

PaltrySlimyDuck-size_restricted.gif

on another note, anybody know if there is a solid site that tracks the badges that pop up during crucible matches? Like "Best Served Cold" and "Shutdown".

in a crucible quickplay match. Hunter pops his super and comes running around the corner as an arcstrider. I rush him with my titan and hit him shoulder first. Everybody blows up.

PaltrySlimyDuck-size_restricted.gif

on another note, anybody know if there is a solid site that tracks the badges that pop up during crucible matches? Like "Best Served Cold" and "Shutdown".
www.destinytracker.com

Typically what I've been doing is once I've turned in ten packages is just getting enough tokens to buy the rest of my gear, which means that I would need something to infuse the new gear to the proper PL.

I checked with him and he would be fine from about 10p to 12a PT. I'll be out of town Friday night and Saturday night, so I will be available tonight, Sunday, and Monday. Hopefully somewhere in there we can do a few runs. I also wouldn't mind getting that darn Rat King's Crew thing out of my inventory, but we'll see how it goes.
I can be on at 11 tonight (in 15 minutes). If you see this in time... I got all the gear for NM and I already had the DO gear from before. I'll just skip FWC - I checked out the gear and ornaments for each character last night and wasn't feeling any of it. Same for the DO gear, actually. I really only like the NM gear.

I can be on at 11 tonight (in 15 minutes). If you see this in time... I got all the gear for NM and I already had the DO gear from before. I'll just skip FWC - I checked out the gear and ornaments for each character last night and wasn't feeling any of it. Same for the DO gear, actually. I really only like the NM gear.
I'm typically on every night (late CST), so it's easier for me to say when I'm NOT on. :)

That being said, my partner in crime is AWOL...

GameStop put up several D2 themed Ghosts for preorder:

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Destiny+Ghost+Vinyl,28zu0
I saw the lambda shell floating around before. Wonder if I should wait for B1G1 clearance on collectibles for these. Some collectibles end up on clearance and others disappear onto the secondary market for exorbitant amounts of money.

It's all just about acquiring enough possessions to fill the emptiness inside at the cheapest price possible.

Thanks for the link!  I saw the Lambda one up, which I can pass on, but I might need the killtracker and Last City shell.  Way cool. 

Maybe I'll get another white shell and make a custom ghost Ghost. 

Big shout out to this man! With his help we were able to do four quick and mostly painless runs of the Nightfall last night, so now I have all the ornaments for all three factions AND finally have that Rat King gun so I can clear a spot in my inventory. Woot!

I've bee trying to complete the goals for my FWC armor ornaments. I looked at them last night and thought "who the hell wants to run around in polka dots?" [emoji53]

Update: I got all the FWC armor I wanted for my titan and my hunter. Got about 70%of the way thru the grenade kills and power weapon kills and said the hell with it.

Big shout out to this man! With his help we were able to do four quick and mostly painless runs of the Nightfall last night, so now I have all the ornaments for all three factions AND finally have that Rat King gun so I can clear a spot in my inventory. Woot!
Yeah thanks for the run-throughs - I hadn't done Nightfall for a while. With a good team (and a relatively easy Nightfall) it is probably the easiest/quickest way to get powerful gear. I always forget that you get a drop from the Nightfall itself (in addition to the engram from Zavala afterwards). We had to do 4 because his friend forgot to switch characters for one of them ;).

Funny thing is I never got back on to grind out the rest of the DO faction ornaments so I only have the "hard" one (helmet). But I had already gotten all the NM ones and those are by far the coolest anyway so I'm good.

289 warlock that's never run a night fall. Can anyone help a brother out?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
We missed this for faction rally week but, sure, I'm up for it this week some time if Chnandler can help out. Both of us tend to play pretty late at night (I'm about to hop on now - 1:38 AM Pacific time).

You'll be pretty squishy at 289 though - would be good to get to at least 300-320 or so. Last week's we probably could have carried you anyway. I have no idea what it is this week.

We missed this for faction rally week but, sure, I'm up for it this week some time if Chnandler can help out. Both of us tend to play pretty late at night (I'm about to hop on now - 1:38 AM Pacific time).

You'll be pretty squishy at 289 though - would be good to get to at least 300-320 or so. Last week's we probably could have carried you anyway. I have no idea what it is this week.
This week is Inverted Spire with hard mods. :p

Also, EliteWillie aren't you a PS guy? If not, what is your GT?

My final haul for the Faction Rally:

• All the Warlock NM gear (all he lacks now is NOTHING)
  • All the Titan FWC gear (all she lacks now is the DO hands and chest)
  • All the Hunter DO gear (all he lacks now is the NM cloak)
  • All faction ornaments
  • One step closer to my Titan being 335 (io I think I beat that sniper rifle curse you tried to pass to me :) ). Hopefully this week she'll get her chest armor!

So I finally took the plunge and started playing Competitive to unlock the helmet ornament for the Crucible gear (3/25 so far).  A few questions:

• Does it really not fill spots when your teammates leave early?
  • Is it normally pretty vacant to the point where I play with the same people semi-regularly, or is that only late at night?

If anyone cares here are the next set of D2 Funko Pops set to be released. I preordered the two GS exclusives and they gave me a date of 4/30/2018 as the release date. At least there is no Target exclusive like last time.

[attachment=29370:DULOo2NU0AAMz9y.jpg]

So I finally took the plunge and started playing Competitive to unlock the helmet ornament for the Crucible gear (3/25 so far). A few questions:

• Does it really not fill spots when your teammates leave early?
  • Is it normally pretty vacant to the point where I play with the same people semi-regularly, or is that only late at night?
I've had it not fill spots on quickplay. Haven't run into that on competitive. But I've only played competitive a few times because you only get credit towards quickplay for the weekly crucible engram.

I'm guessing when you play does have some impact as to who else is playing. My guess (without seeing in game daily population cycles) is that a late night /early morning west coast time has the smallest in game population during a 24 hour cycle. Not to mention that competitive mode in the crucible probably has a low participation rate, especially with casual gamers as it can take longer to complete.

I opened five packages and got the last piece I needed for my titan and the ship...it's nice!

They sure are going to make me earn the 25 wins for the helmet ornament and (probably) 100 grenade/melee kills for the chest armor though...

bread's done
Back