Destiny 2 PS4, XBox One, PC $22.99 / $18.39 (GCU) at Best Buy

Social features that are standard in MMO games such as lack of clan features (besides sharing rewards) - clan chat, text chat, and not knowing where your party members are on the map. Also not a big fan of being locked out of Trials, Raid/Strikes on heroic if you didn't buy an expansion. I know that they did this for Destiny 1, but MMOs usually don't do this. Expansions without any substance that are basically reused maps with bosses that look a lot like bosses from Destiny 1. I'm also aware that Bungie has said that Destiny is not a MMO, but by the way they are making these expansions available for purchase during pre-order and release date, they sure do charge it like one.
They fixed the locked out of Trials, etc.
But sadly that was like a couple exoduses (exodi?) ago by now.
They've managed to piss of a record amount of players a record amount of times in less than 100 days

the game is worth it at this price. To be fair the game is enjoyable it's only drags  your looking for  40+ hours of content because the end game is lacking. However if your one of those players who are one and done you'll enjoy it

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy NieR: Automata instead, can't go wrong with 2B.

Merry Christmas.

2b_xmas___nier__automata__2v__by_sciamano240-dbxlbt4.jpg

I bought the pro on sale recently and it came with Destiny 2 + all DLC. I wanted to sell it but no one wants it. Tried selling it online for the same price as the base game has been for sale and still no one wants it. I think at this point id have a hard time giving it away. I may as well give it to my son (10) and maybe he'll get something out of it.
If you don't mind me asking, how much are you selling it for?

So, are all these people complaining about lootboxes actually playing the game because they enjoy it, or are they playing in the hope that they get some random, rare item that only other people who even care about the game will be impressed with? Not possible to get every special item in a short period of time? That’s too bad. I can’t imagine getting so worked up about something like this that I would create, edit and post a video about it...

This plus the expansion pass for 53.38 total seems like deal of year to me. While I agree with the poor reception of the end game, I also think you'll get so many hours of enjoyment out of it, especially if you're just coming into this franchise. I've put a lot of time into this game on Xbox and PC and plan on putting many more into it.
Luke Smith is that you?

So, are all these people complaining about lootboxes actually playing the game because they enjoy it, or are they playing in the hope that they get some random, rare item that only other people who even care about the game will be impressed with? Not possible to get every special item in a short period of time? That’s too bad. I can’t imagine getting so worked up about something like this that I would create, edit and post a video about it...
It's not even really collecting it all from what I can tell, but the fact they gate off content and give low drop rates to try and get you to pay for more loot boxes, which still have a low chance of dropping what you want.

While they are mostly "Just Cosmetic" many of the items have a unique and cool appearance, some even effect gameplay. Now say there is an item you really want (I don't know if they are class specific), well you gotta deal with a random loot generator for it to drop, but you're only allowed 3 chances at getting the item per week till the event is done, unless you pay real money.

I'm playing Overwatch right now, trying to earn the few Holiday skins I'd like. The only limit on how many boxes you can get in a week are time constraints, and ALL boxes have a chance to drop the Holiday content. In contrast with Destiny 2, you're only allowed 3 holiday boxes per week, dramatically reducing the chances of getting what you want, and much, much worse for those completionist.

I myself refuse to buy any "Loot Box" or "Microtransaction" and hate to see how much they are pushing them in the current game marketplace. To the point it ruined Star Wars, and Destiny is under the same flack for how hard they are pushing it...

It's been said Battlefront 2 was the most egregious, while Destiny 2 is the most deceptive.

Another good video on the subject, though tend to dislike the host because he comes off as a pretencious prick. https://youtu.be/zTsWd4M53JU

This is not directed at you, Jiyrn, but It just seems childish to me that somebody’s level of happiness with a game they already bought can be affected by the possibility that they can or cannot get a specific item through a random loot box. How do they even know about all possible items available and why let that affect their experience with the game? That’s like somebody being upset that they never get a particular item in a call of duty loot box...Especially when they can just buy the damn thing if they really want it that bad. I could care less about an extra gun or weapon skin. There might be one I think looks cool, but if I never get it, I really don’t care - doesnt affect the base game play for me -and if I let it, it’s my problem. This seems like adults throwing a tantrum because they can’t have everything they want..Some of these things being random makes the game environment more interesting by creating more variety if not everybody has the same items. How do these people cope when they go to a mall and see someone else with something they want and don’t have/can’t get? Ridiculous..

This is not directed at you, Jiyrn, but It just seems childish to me that somebody’s level of happiness with a game they already bought can be affected by the possibility that they can or cannot get a specific item through a random loot box. How do they even know about all possible items available and why let that affect their experience with the game? That’s like somebody being upset that they never get a particular item in a call of duty loot box...Especially when they can just buy the damn thing if they really want it that bad. I could care less about an extra gun or weapon skin. There might be one I think looks cool, but if I never get it, I really don’t care - doesnt affect the base game play for me -and if I let it, it’s my problem. This seems like adults throwing a tantrum because they can’t have everything they want..Some of these things being random makes the game environment more interesting by creating more variety if not everybody has the same items. How do these people cope when they go to a mall and see someone else with something they want and don’t have/can’t get? Ridiculous..
It seems much of the progression and game revolve around the microtransactions, and you have to deal with the loot boxes since you cannot just outright buy the items.

Forbes did an article talking about how the loot boxes are choking the life out of D2 https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/12/09/the-math-behind-why-eververse-is-going-to-strangle-destiny-2-to-death/#74ce6d2e792d

For me, it's the fact they are overly pushing free to pay elements in a premium proceed game. They are treating it like something you downloaded for free the claiming they need to do it to make money. Like the cost of the game, expansion pass, and all the other marketing deals doesn't earn them enough.

There is also the other problems such as the throttling and gating of content.

It seems much of the progression and game revolve around the microtransactions, and you have to deal with the loot boxes since you cannot just outright buy the items.

Forbes did an article talking about how the loot boxes are choking the life out of D2 https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/12/09/the-math-behind-why-eververse-is-going-to-strangle-destiny-2-to-death/#74ce6d2e792d

For me, it's the fact they are overly pushing free to pay elements in a premium proceed game. They are treating it like something you downloaded for free the claiming they need to do it to make money. Like the cost of the game, expansion pass, and all the other marketing deals doesn't earn them enough.

There is also the other problems such as the throttling and gating of content.
Ironically I have had better luck and drops in Destiny 2 than in Overwatch. Last few Overwatch events, and especially the Summer one, I played the hell out of the game and didn't get a single Summer skin. So far this Winter event I am 0/0 but I don't feel like putting much time into it. D2 on the other hand I have already obtained a few armor pieces, ships, and sparrows. Overall though I would say that Overwatch feels more like the the spirit of giving compared to the Grinch that is D2 in the way that drops are obtained.

Edit, also 5 free loot boxes in Overwatch today! Destiny? nada lol

bread's done
Back