Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah yeah I was having a garbage time last night with the friends too. I am surprised it was down for so long. I hope it is back up when I get home tonight at least.

Also I had such garbage luck. Finally got my alt to 20 and ran him through the Raid and gottttt NOTHING Hahah just shards and energy and a good ole chatterwhite. I did get the Hezen Vengeance, which is an awesome Raid Rocket but I already have it... To add to that then, I went and did the Nightfall on my alt as well and guess what?! Got another Legendary Rocket Launcher...

So basically I got a ton of Ascendant Material last night and that is about it. Not necessarily complaining because in the end I will be glad I have it all but it just gets frustrating having such poop luck always in this game.

Anyone interested in doing the Weekly Nightfall strike tonight?  We can do the daily stuff too.  Would also like to do the Raid at some point if anyone is interested in putting a group together for it.  Currently a Lvl 27 Hunter but haven't done it yet so would be cool to get a group from here to do it.

Still looking to set something up for tomorrow night around 10:00 pm est. Would like to at least go through the weekly and daily strikes with a couple of people. Level 24 Warlock almost level 25.

I'm in for the nightfall and weekly at a high level. I'm getting aggressive in my shard hunting, as that's all I need to level up.

also, I really want to get a vault of glass raid party together this week. I'm in and Simosaurus is in. We'd like at least one vault veteran to help guide us. Anyone interested? I tend to get on around 9:30 EST and can play for a couple hours a night.

edit.....I see Glockglock is in too. Now we need three more, one being a vault veteran.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for the nightfall and weekly at a high level. I'm getting aggressive in my shard hunting, as that's all I need to level up.

also, I really want to get a vault of glass raid party together this week. I'm in and Simosaurus is in. We'd like at least one vault veteran to help guide us. Anyone interested? I tend to get on around 9:30 EST and can play for a couple hours a night.

edit.....I see Glockglock is in too. Now we need three more, one being a vault veteran.
I have got a bunch going on this week and so when I run through the Raid with my two Warlocks this week I will probably be sticking with my normal group so we can pump it out in like 40 minutes each.

I will keep it in mind however and if you guys end with 5 and need one more I may be able to squeeze some time in one night later this week/ weekend depending on my weekend plans.

Also, I really want to get a vault of glass raid party together this week. I'm in and Simosaurus is in. We'd like at least one vault veteran to help guide us. Anyone interested? I tend to get on around 9:30 EST and can play for a couple hours a night.

I would be down for doing VoG at some point in the evening this week. Lvl 29 Hunter. I have beaten the raid once (last week with some other CAGs) and been 2/3 or more of the way through it another time...so I have some experience, but would not claim to be a veteran by any means.

Thanks Broly for your offer to help. If we get desperate, we'll call on ya for a lifeline.

Cool, Angrydragon makes 4. We're getting there!

[quote name="chubbyninja1319" post="12157322" timestamp="1413219767"]I'm in for the nightfall and weekly at a high level. I'm getting aggressive in my shard hunting, as that's all I need to level up.

edit.....I see Glockglock is in too. Now we need three more, one being a vault veteran.[/quote]
Count me in. Just let me know the time. I've run it twice now, though I admit I'm not clear what to do at the gate Lord. I do have some good strategies for the templar and atheon.

So I just realized the max amount of marks you can hold is 200 for each.  I must have wasted 60+ marks.  I guess I need to buy something.  Such a stupid system.

I want to run the Vault again as well - need to get me those gloves. So if a spot opens up or we want to run another group let me know.

I'm also up for the weekly stuff starting tomorrow night.

I ran the Heroic Story last night (after the reset) by myself. It is the final story mission so that is definitely a tough one to solo. I made it through with just one death using my level 29 Titan though. Ended up with 2 ascendant energy - d'oh! It's all about the shards now - which is why I wouldn't mind running the Raid again even if I don't get more equipment.

I should add that I have my Atheon's Epilogue leveled up enough so that it does bonus damage on Oracles. That ought to be an asset - maybe I can actually help with the portal runs this time.

As for tonight, I wouldn't mind running through the daily with my level 26 Warlock. I'd need help for sure on that to do it at 28 though.

Also, this week, I apparently maxed out my Vanguard marks for both of my characters. I'm seriously considering starting up a Hunter now as well. I have 2 or 3 pieces of Legendary armor for one already.

So I just got the exotic bounty A Voice In The Wilderness.

What's the drop rate of that item you need to farm chests for on Mars? Debating if it's worth it.

What's the drop rate of that item you need to farm chests for on Mars? Debating if it's worth it.
Not sure if this is representative but it took me less than 10 chests to find it. There is a farm run straight and to the left from the patrol start. Just google it or i can post a link later for you

Sir_Fragalot said:

I've done that one twice. The first time it was in the first chest I opened. The second time it took me 10 or so. Yeah, that area to the left in Mars is good. You can run along the top (the Cabal fortess area) and there are 5 places to look for chests just along the top, plus a few more in the middle and a few caves lower down. But you can pretty much just run back and forth between the 5 on top. There's a actually a 6th spot up on that catwalk where two legionaries sometimes spawn. The main 5 are easy though - they are all tunnels leading the same direction (into the hill at the top), and all you need to do is run back and forth and keep checking each one. It is a good way to stock up on Relic Iron too. You'll have to do that eventually for some weapon or another, anyway, so it isn't a waste of time even if it takes you several chests to find the bounty item.

That is by far the easiest Exotic bounty and the only one that doesn't require Crucible stuff, so I would recommend it. I used Super Good Advice for a while. I'm not using it any more since I got Icebreaker, but I still have it in my inventory just in case.

It will take a few days though because after you find that item, you take it to the weapon merchant and he tells you to take something to Xur. So you'll have to wait for Friday for him to show up. Then you spend one coin to get the last part in which you need to kill 500 enemies with a machine gun. That really doesn't take too long - just knock it out while doing Patrol missions/bounties.

At this point I've gotten 5 exotic bounties. I've just bailed on the last 3 though. Other than the one you are doing, it seems way less hassle just to wait for random exotic drops (of which I have had none yet but I've seen others get them) or get them via the Weekly Nightfall (I got one there last week) or simply buy them from Xur. My best one so far was the Icebreaker for a mere 17 coins (I had like 30 at the time).

I've done that one twice. The first time it was in the first chest I opened. The second time it took me 10 or so. Yeah, that area to the left in Mars is good. You can run along the top (the Cabal fortess area) and there are 5 places to look for chests just along the top, plus a few more in the middle and a few caves lower down. But you can pretty much just run back and forth between the 5 on top. There's a actually a 6th spot up on that catwalk where two legionaries sometimes spawn. The main 5 are easy though - they are all tunnels leading the same direction (into the hill at the top), and all you need to do is run back and forth and keep checking each one. It is a good way to stock up on Relic Iron too. You'll have to do that eventually for some weapon or another, anyway, so it isn't a waste of time even if it takes you several chests to find the bounty item.

That is by far the easiest Exotic bounty and the only one that doesn't require Crucible stuff, so I would recommend it. I used Super Good Advice for a while. I'm not using it any more since I got Icebreaker, but I still have it in my inventory just in case.

It will take a few days though because after you find that item, you take it to the weapon merchant and he tells you to take something to Xur. So you'll have to wait for Friday for him to show up. Then you spend one coin to get the last part in which you need to kill 500 enemies with a machine gun. That really doesn't take too long - just knock it out while doing Patrol missions/bounties.

At this point I've gotten 5 exotic bounties. I've just bailed on the last 3 though. Other than the one you are doing, it seems way less hassle just to wait for random exotic drops (of which I have had none yet but I've seen others get them) or get them via the Weekly Nightfall (I got one there last week) or simply buy them from Xur. My best one so far was the Icebreaker for a mere 17 coins (I had like 30 at the time).
Funny you metion dropping the exotic bounty. I got a 2nd one last night; it's for Invective and I'm most likely gonna drop it just because they take up the regular bounty slots.

Already sitting on Xur's return for Bad Juju and can't imagine having 2 exotics taking up bounty space. The one I have already annoys the hell outta me. And well, I can only use one exotic weapon at time anyway. So I'd rather keep using Ice Breaker.

Bungie really should use some of the space for Missions & list exotic bounties there.

Also, good to know about that chest run. I've been hurting for Relic Iron and having a hard time consistently getting it.

rbarba4 said:
Also, good to know about that chest run. I've been hurting for Relic Iron and having a hard time consistently getting it.
If you are just looking for iron, you may want to make a loop around the front of the Cabal bunkers, then hit up the tunnels in the back. There is often a couple of iron lumps out in the front there in the area that the Vex and Cabal are fighting. There is also at least 1 if not 2 tunnels within the bunker area. And sometimes chests show up on top of the round bunker buildings and in other places there.

And anyone looking for Spirit Bloom on Venus you want to do a loop on the first area to the left there as well. Hit all the caves on the outside. There are 3 just up the ramps on the way to where the Captain is on that platform.

Can anyone help me do the Weekly Nightfall Strike? 

Also is there any reason to move your Vanguard rank above 3 now or should I work on another faction?

I thought faction rep only increased thru crucible.
If you're wearing a faction-affiliated class item then doing stuff like Patrol missions will raise your rep with that faction (Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, or FWC). If you're not wearing a faction item then you get Vanguard rep.

Can anyone help me do the Weekly Nightfall Strike?

Also is there any reason to move your Vanguard rank above 3 now or should I work on another faction?
You have a chance to get a legendary every level 3+. If you want legendaries from a specific faction then switch to them.

If you're wearing a faction-affiliated class item then doing stuff like Patrol missions will raise your rep with that faction (Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, or FWC). If you're not wearing a faction item then you get Vanguard rep.
Gotcha, so do you use the same vanguard marks to buy their goods or do you start building up marks for that specific faction?

Got that piece for the bounty. Took me about 15-20 chests but not too bad. Now to wait till Friday.

I already own the Icebreaker but it will be nice to have plus the bounty is super easy.

Big Hot Fix List going Live Today.  I am going to assume it will piss many off (mythocast users, shotgunners).  I might be able to use a Scout Rifle in PVP now!

Summary
The most recent hotfix (1.0.2.2) for Destiny goes live on October 14th. This hotfix includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes (e.g., lowering Auto Rifle effectiveness and increasing Scout Rifle damage output), specific weapons (Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity) and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass. 

We're still working on a larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance. 

General
  • Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance

Classes
  • Titan
    Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended

[*]Warlock
  • Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne

Weapons
  • General
    Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping

[*]Auto Rifles
  • Base Damage decreased by 2%
  • Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
  • Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

[*]Hand Cannons
  • In-air accuracy now increased

[*]Scout Rifles
  • Base damage increased by 6%
  • Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
  • Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.

[*]Shotguns
  • Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
  • Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
  • The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive

[*]Exotic Weapons
  • Vex Mythoclast
    Base Damage decreased by 34%
  • Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)

[*]Pocket Infinity
  • Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk

[*]Perks
  • Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
  • Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

Activities
  • Strikes
    Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary

[*]Raid - Vault of Glass
  • Templar Encounter
    Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
  • Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Destinations
  • The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan

[quote name="chubbyninja1319" post="12157642" timestamp="1413226625"]Awright, we got Moose and Gogdott makes six. Since it resets tonight, lets plan for tomorrow night 9:30 pm?[/quote]
That should work for me. According to those patch notes the easy way to beat the templar might be out though...

Hmmm... Will that sniper platform thing negate the method we used to beat that one part of the Raid? I forget which part is which though.

Also, boo on the Auto-rifle getting decreased stats. I had just switched to that from my Pulse rifle and was finally getting used to it.

Just did the Weekly Heroic with Broly (resident CAG Vault of Glass pro) and yeah, he thinks that part where we went up to the platform is going to be nerfed somehow. That means that part will be much, much harder than it was last week.

Though the patch notes seem to focus on the snipers and they aren't an issue during that part. Were people going over to those sniper spots to keep them from spawning in the earlier portion? Those would also be a good place to sit there and snipe everything else and not get tagged with the goo in the process. We did that part the hard way at least.

As for tonight, we did the platform trick to get through that strike - man, was that easier than staying at the beginning. Of course Broly did 90% of the work ;). It was nice to snag 9 coins at the last minute though (using my alt character).

WTF!? The Daily Heroic switched over and I did it (at level 28) and got no rewards. Then I noticed I still had the "halo" from the Weekly Nightfall and my Vanguard marks didn't reset. There were new bounties though. I started after 2am Pacific.

I need a few more shards - wanted my armor upgraded for stuff for Tuesday night. But now the weekly reset isn't happening. I turned it off and will start it back up to see if it is fixed.

Fortunately the Daily is much, much easier (and shorter) than it was yesterday. It is one of the first missions on Earth where you go into the dark area and first discover the Hive are back on Earth. Then you kill a Wizard, which went down with one shot of my rocket launcher...

Edit: OK. I guess it was just a timing glitch. When I got back on I was able to do it again and get the rewards. So two level 28 Dailies and 2 Public events on my 2 characters: 5 energy and 1 shard. D'oh!

I tried to solo the Weekly Nightfall, which is Sepkis Prime. I might have been able to do it but I let a stealth Vandal kill me on the 3 stage door unlock part. Meh... It will be so much easier with a couple of other people so I won't waste my time. Hopefully a group will be up for that tomorrow if not the VoG (or besides the VoG if there are some extra people).

So I am hoping this week I somehow manage an Exotic helmet for my Warlock and then the Raid gloves.

As of right now all I need is the Raid helmet since I have my Sunbreaker Exotic gloves but getting that Helmet in hard is seeming further and further away. Maybe once I get the other stuff I can hit 30 then go beat hard for the Helmet and then switch back to my Sunbreakers.

I usually am super gung ho to get the Raid done Tuesday or Wednesday but really seeing as I beat the Raid like 8x a week I dont see any need to rush haha. Hell even last night right before io jumped in with the Heroic Weekly with me I had just beat the Raid for a 26 and 27 who were in need of help on the last 2 events. Like I said it is pretty nice that my go to team and I have it down pat that those two low levels needed it and so we 4 just jumped in with them and just breezed through it for them!

What are the damage modifiers on the Heroic and Nightfall this week?

So I am hoping this week I somehow manage an Exotic helmet for my Warlock and then the Raid gloves.

As of right now all I need is the Raid helmet since I have my Sunbreaker Exotic gloves but getting that Helmet in hard is seeming further and further away. Maybe once I get the other stuff I can hit 30 then go beat hard for the Helmet and then switch back to my Sunbreakers.

I usually am super gung ho to get the Raid done Tuesday or Wednesday but really seeing as I beat the Raid like 8x a week I dont see any need to rush haha. Hell even last night right before io jumped in with the Heroic Weekly with me I had just beat the Raid for a 26 and 27 who were in need of help on the last 2 events. Like I said it is pretty nice that my go to team and I have it down pat that those two low levels needed it and so we 4 just jumped in with them and just breezed through it for them!

What are the damage modifiers on the Heroic and Nightfall this week?
Any pointers (or an invite when running it ;-))? I would love some surefire strategies. I know a few, but there are definitely things I don't know.

Nice, should be easy to get through those strikes for max strange coins. 

Also, it looks like xbox.com finally sorted out the friends list issues they had been having.

Can you run the raid as many times as you want and get rewards?  What about the Weekly Nightfall?

Also, it looks like xbox.com finally sorted out the friends list issues they had been having.

Can you run the raid as many times as you want and get rewards? What about the Weekly Nightfall?
You can run the raid as many times as you want (same with Nightfall), but you will only get rewards once a week. Rewards reset early Tuesday morning. In the Vault of Glass if you join somebody at the very end and beat it you can still go back and finish the earlier parts to get rewards from them.

Hey, I'll be happy just running the raid once within the next few days/week. :p

Everybody ready to roll tonight??
Yep, though if we can start earlier I'd be all for that. Sounds like the hotfix takes care of the easy strategies for the templar so we may need to develop some new ones. I didn't notice if any other vets were in. I also have only succesfully taken on the gate lords once so any pointers there would be useful (if we get that far).

I definitely won't be able to get on before 9:00 or 9:15 EST (gotta get the kids in bed).

I think io and Got have some experience with the Vault, but I'm not positive. I'm studying up now, there is a lengthy guide on planet destiny that seems pretty thorough.

Can you run the raid as many times as you want and get rewards? What about the Weekly Nightfall?
There are three chests in the Raid that give actual rewards (there is a 4th hidden one that only gives spirit bloom for some reason). Each of those three chests can be opened for rewards ONLY ONCE a week per character, regardless of difficulty. The Raid itself then can only yield rewards the first time you play it each week PER DIFFICULTY per character.

I hope that made sense?

Any pointers (or an invite when running it ;-))? I would love some surefire strategies. I know a few, but there are definitely things I don't know.
Haha it is one of those things where the more you play it the more you just get down pat the enemy spawns and everything and so it is easier and easier.

Basic strategies are always have a partner. You split into 3 groups of 2 and you are always accountable for your partner directly. Best if there is level imbalance to pair them together. Have the strongest with the weakest and so on. Another important thing to note other than obviously calling out when getting overrun and when you are downed and all of that, is get in the habit of calling out the hobgoblins, or at the very least the Minotaurs. Proterians. Even if you are 110% sure you have it, still call it out just so everyone is aware of the battlefield at all times. Also, whenever a Relic is dropped SOMEONE HAS TO PICK IT UP. If the Relic (at any of the multiple points in the Raid) is dropped and stays on the ground for like 5 seconds, everyone dies. So if the Relic user falls, be sure you know who is going to pick it back up for that period (you can drop it by switching weapons through when you do the cleansing starts charging from scratch so beware of the timing). In using the Relic it is shoot for a Capt America esque shield bash, melee for a swing, jump and shoot for a groundpound, jump and melee for a midair dash, grenade to cleanse and then your super to shoot your... well super! Usually you have designated people for this use but it is good to know in case you need to step up!

The groups split in opening the initial gate fairly obviously since there are three portals to power up. Each group stays at a portal and makes sure no enemies get inside. Once you have one of the portal things up and all white you do not need to stand in it anymore, just be sure nobody else goes in it! This part is pretty simple and it is all just a matter of holding your spots and calling out whenever you need help and stuff. This is usually a good way to start off your partners too in case they haven't played with each other before much this part is fairly easy and you should practice good communication from the get go!

Once it is open good job, you have entered the Vault of Glass! Follow the right side and eventually make your way down to the first chest

Then you split with the conflux defending; one group left, one group mid and one group right. Defend center, then once that is good everyone falls back to mid for the Fanatic wave and get on high ground. Fanatics leave pools of green on the ground that MUST BE AVOIDED. If you step in it you will be marked and when the Templar does the Ritual of Negation you die. You will have to go to the center white light right in front of the Templar to cleanse yourself but be careful because not only are there a ton of enemies there, the center stairs are likely to be filled with the green stuff again! Then once the new towers spawn left and right move up to each tower and then the mid plays center backup. One stays mid left at the top of the main spawning staircase and the other mid right. That way each one can easily peak over and give support to the other side while still focusing mid so that the side teams dont get caught from behind. Then another Fanatic wave where you all fall back to back mid and get higher ground. Then when it is all three confluxes you break into the same spots as before but center obviously focuses a bit more center than the sides. The key to that success is the groups of two. You are always aware of your partner but at the same time calling out each side to make sure you are all good as a team. Knowing who is going to cover who is ideal. You know mid right will help right if need be and mid left helps left if need be and then you establish who from the left and right can come to mid if need be ever. That way there is no hesitation and the coverage is flawless.

Then with the Oracle wave you be sure to split up like you were when there were the side confluxes only. Have a naming system for the Oracle spawn points and you are golden. Back left/right (side or inner), mid left/right, front left/right and then center. With everyone calling it out and holding your spots you should get through that no problem.

The Templar fight may be patched so this strategy is not possible but everyone piles on the back left platform by jumping from the beginning part. Everyone clusters on the mid ledge or bottom and the Relic user stays bottom. Literally just have the Relic user Super the Templar and then ground pound around the team to help destroy the bubbles created around them. Then everyone focuses on Templar, shields back up and everyone is marked. You all fall back a little, get cleansed and then just repeat until dead. If that doest work anymore then the initial strategy is hold up on the back right in front of the cave. There is a square rock that provides good protection and a solid place to regroup when everyone needs to be cleansed. This is obviously more difficult but everyone needs to stick together on the right and this is where Titans need to swap to the Defender subclass for sure. Basically it is the same strat as the cheesy sniper point one but this time there are enemies everywhere hahah. Try to keep one group of two on the back cave, and then each other group focusing on the other two stairs there. You HAVE TO KEEP MOVING because the hobgoblins are on the outskirts. It is a waste shooting them because they quickly respawn, it is best to just constantly keep moving and utilize the Defender bubbles. As always communication is key here and always be sure you are announcing when the shield is going down as the Relic user so that everyone prepares to destroy their shield. When the shield is down everyone focuses on the Templar and the Relic user has to be one of the top players because at this point they need to literally cover the entire area while everyone shoots. Also it is best that after the Relic user shoots the blast at the Templar, he jumps and floats in the air so that the second the bubbles spawn around everyone he can groundpound and get maximum destruction of everyones shields. The Relic needs to be groundpounding like crazy and keeping the enemies away from the fireteam as they focus on the Templar. In regards to the Oracles it is best to get them down if possible but not go out of your way to kill them. If they spawn on the other side and you dont have a clean shot just leave it and be sure everyone knows to fall back to the rock for full cleansing. After all that when he gets enraged it gets really hectic and you just buckle down. If however it seems you are to get overrun you ALL fallback to your secondary zone which is the left side of the level. You all take the back stairs where the Templar sits during the conflux part and you all relocate there temporarily and focus on all the additional enemies. You can try to hold it out there but I prefer it to be a temp position that you regroup there, clear most of the board then fall back to the right side by the rock to finish him off.

After he is dead there is a hidden pathway on the left. Take it and keep falling and eventually you get to the chest on the left. Then keep going down to the base of the Labyrinth. From here you need to sneak to the right to get the first chest. Everyone get in a single file line and NO SPRINTING OR JUMPING. You have a leader that tells everyone when to move. You go through the right cave, wait for the Gorgon to pass to your left and turn its back and then everyone power walks straight. You keep following that path and eventually on the right there is the last chest (the first is in the beginning after you open the gate) Then make your way back. From the beginning you have to go straight and then tail the gorgon that goes around the center to the left. Keep going straight however and follow the right side of that huge jutting structure. From there hug the right wall as close as possible and follow that until you round the corner. At that point you all can sprint into the cave there and bam! halfway through the Raid haha

The jumping portion next is up to your own preference. I prefer waiting until the 3rd to last platform spawns. Once it does I sprint and jump and land on the one that spawns right after it. From there there is only one more to jump to and then the base. Pretty simple. The big thing is the nick in the ledge you have to be aware of towards the end there. All you do is jump to the left a bit and then either hover or double jump back to the right once it opens up more. Simple!

This description is freaking huge already hahah I didnt expect to type this much!

But okay we are nearing the end!

This last part communication is EVEN more important.

First off, for those that dont know, left side portal is Mars and right side Portal is Venus.

Moving forward this first part is pretty simple. You split into the same groups as before where the mid left guy goes left and mid right goes right and then you just hold up at the portal gates and destroy everything. Once you kill the Gatekeeper (noob tip: his body explodes after he dies and falls to the ground so beware of that) everyone falls back to the left portal. Here you can keep your teams or have separate teams from before but that is up to your dynamic. Here you have three people stay back and open up the gate for the left side: Mars. From here you have open person stand ON the center rock to open it and the others float around mid and the back stairs. Then the teleporting team goes through the gate. These three immediately hug the left platform and here you have two golbins, gatekeeper and two yellow shielded protoreans. Knock the goblins out right away and then focus on the Gatekeeper as quickly as possible. If the teleporting team has their Supers or Heavy ammo handy it is super easy. The very moment the Gatekeeper dies, everyone in the portal gets marked and the Relic appears. The two non Relic people fall back to the portal holding off the newly spawned hobgoblins and goblins and protoreans you initially neglected. The other character runs to the top and grabs the Relic and tries to jump/glide over the fray in the middle and end at the portal. Do a quick cleanse of the teleporting team because by that point you are all likely blind. Because again, the second the Gatekeeper is down, everyone gets marked so it is best that when the Gatekeeper is about to die the Relic person is already jumping over the protoreans to get to the relic as soon as it spawns. You go through the portal and do not move as soon as you step through. You will need to be cleansed again and so if you start moving it is hard for the Relic user to get you. Once you are cleansed back in the normal area the center conflux spawns and steady stream of protoreans spawn in the top stairwell. Two people frmo the team that opened up the gate go to the conflux with one dedicated 100% to the stairs and the other at the base of the conflux. Then the other four go to the right portal and open it up. Here the Relic user and one other person are going through. In the normal area one person stays on the portal circle to make sure it is open for them to return and the other stays around the gate itself to provide cover to the portal opener and then the center conflux team. Once inside the teleporting team destroys the new Gatekeeper as fast as possible. The relic user fires the super at it and then the other uses heavy or a super to finish it off. Again, be aware it explodes! Then the Relic user plays clean up with the goblins and stuff as the other character books it up the stairs, grabs the other relic and then moves back to the portal. Here the first Relic user should cleanse both themselves and the new Relic user as soon as they meet back up because they will likely be near blind. You both jump through the portal and now EVERYONE goes to the center conflux. Here the two portals will open up now facing the conflux. The two that were initially guarding it stay focusing on the main stairs and then each Relic user is designated a portal. They stand right at each one and groundpound the crap out of the protoreans that flow out. The other two players just hover at the base of the conflux giving support to wherever needs it. Once you get through that the gates close, relics disappear and you get ready for the final boss!

Atheon is not difficult, you just need everyone to be spot on! Haha

So we are back to two teams of three, one teleporting and another staying in. Important things to note are that the furthest three back characters (technically at the beginning gate) are the ones that get teleported back when Atheon does his thing. You will be randomly teleported to either Mars or Venus. As soon as you are you call out to your team to open up that specific gate (again mars left, venus right). In the teleported group, one person grabs the relic and the other two are designated on Oracle duty. On Mars it is fairly easy for the Relic user to take out the three Hobgoblins in the middle with a a few wuick groundpounds/ dash hits. While the Relic does that the other two STICK NEXT TO EACH OTHER and keep moving down so that they are right by the next Oracle. You need to keep moving down and sticking together so that the Relic user can cleanse you both at the same time so that you can see! The two Oracle people focus on the same Oracle as they spawn and dont stop shooting one until it is dead. If a single Oracle is alive for more than like 10 seconds, everyone dies... so it is important! Once you clean out the one area you go through the portal your team opened up and the three of you SPRINT to the back again. There the Relic user will cleanse you and then EVERYONE has unlimited supers for that brief time so you unload on Atheon. After that the Relic goes away and you get teleported again to either Mars or Venus. and you just go through it all again. It is worth noting that Venus has goblins and a yellow health protorean. It is helpful that one of the Orcacle people lob a grenade at the Protorean right away to start its health down a bit because the Relic user can easily get overrun at that point. Otherwise the method is the same in Venus as it is Mars. That is the teleporting team. The team that stays and opens the portal has two options depending on your team's strengths. We normally have two people stay at Mars and then one at Venus. Mars side actually has a little ledge you can hop to above and to the left of the gate itself that is good for your weakest player. There is little tactics here other than keep your distance because all the harpies here EXPLODE and will instantly kill you if they get close. Like I said you can split up like that if the Venus player is strong enough. Otherwise the three of you stick together and all migrate to whichever portal needs to be opened and then hold up there. The person opening the portal again needs to stand on the center rock because that way they are less likely to get blown up by the harpies. That is the main thing, keep your distance from the harpies and keep higher ground. Just keep that up and be sure to get those gates open for the teleporting team and you are golden. Also note too that when you open up the gate and the other team says they are almost going through, make sure the portal is clear of harpies otherwise the team will come through and instantly die.. which is no good. Another thing to note is if you are on the team not teleporting, be sure that you are far away from those that are so that it doesnt take you instead! But yeah this part like I said just needs everyone to be spot on and doing their jobs and you should be fine!

(there is a way to cheese him and just push him off the left side ledge but that is really boring hahah but you can easily just watch a quick video of that because there is no real group strategy needed other than the teleporting team still has to do there thing and the other team instead eggs on Atheon into the side to push him off with their grenades and supers!)

And there you have it, an extremely long winded explanation of how my team runs the Raid and the general mechanics behind it all!

This is huge and I know it is not formatted well but I just started ranting and apparently wanted avoid work hahah. There are videos explaining various methods and stuff but I figured this way I can spell out everything and how my team plows through. If you need clarification just ask or if you have strategies that work better for you lets discuss!! I will post this over on the PS4 forum too in case people need it!

Heroic - light switch -- enemies have increased meelee damage

Nightfall - lightswitch ^^
- Void burn
Nice! I love that my Atheon's Epilogue is maxed out now, it absolutely DESTROYS stuff with Void burn on : DD

Very nice long explanation.  Definitely worth a read for people who haven't done it yet.  Of course, the key is executing.  Some parts I already knew, but I did not know that strategy for the templar so that should definitely be useful.  I agree calling things out is key.  This was huge in just getting the vault open.

Wow, I think I know why the raid doesn't support matchmaking now...

Thanks for the info though, should be very helpful for us.  I'll be on at 9pm and ready.  I added most of the people that expressed interest and/or who post here that they play everyday now that xbox.com appears to be working again.

Wow, I think I know why the raid doesn't support matchmaking now...

Thanks for the info though, should be very helpful for us. I'll be on at 9pm and ready. I added most of the people that expressed interest and/or who post here that they play everyday now that xbox.com appears to be working again.
Once you know how to do it though you can easily play with other people and just adapt to how they are playing. I feel like there should be matchmaking for the Raid after you have successfully completed it in its entirety two times or something. That way is still tough because people have to at least do it twice but once you do you can just search because at that point most players should at least know the mechanics and can hold their own or take directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back