Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
No easy way. Play VoG and hope for Atheon's Epilogue.
Atheon's Epilogue only drops from Atheon. It is a pretty common drop, but I want to say it took me a number of runs before I finally received it when I was first playing VoG back in the day.

I do not think that AE is that useful in Crucible. I did the Thorn bounty once before I had AE, and when I did it during last Iron banner I didn't even use it even though I had it. I use a void Machine gun (Corrective Measure) and shotgun (Swordbreaker, but any void shotty will work).

You can also get Word of Crota (Void HandCannon) from a Hard mode Crota kill, but I know you don't have the DLC. It seems to drop pretty frequently.

Atheon's Epliogue sucks something fierce in Crucible.  It sucks so bad that it does more bad than good.  

I unfortunately got Thorn on my Hunter and opted for Suros, Praedyths Revenge and Corrective Measure.  I sat back and sniped people and would only go up closer when heavy dropped.  Cheap way I know but AE sucks so freaking bad.  I was going for it before hard crota came out so no Word for me to use. :/

Ideally you want it on a warlock and just void bomb the shit out of people with Obsidian Mind and Bad Juju and have void shotty or sniper and a void heavy.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Just to clarify, I was only advising on the "easiest" way to get a void primary. Wasn't endorsing AE (though I don't hate it as much as you guys).

:)

Also is there anything great weapon wise from the crucible or vanguard quartermaster I should buy. I have a void shotgun so that counts out two to the morgue.

^^ Just to clarify, I was only advising on the "easiest" way to get a void primary. Wasn't endorsing AE (though I don't hate it as much as you guys).

:)
It does suck that we are limited to only 2 void primary until Wolves. If the datamining is true, we get a void scout from wolves... :drool:

And sorry, I mean my post to be more so a disclaimer about how much Atheons sucks. Wasn't trying to thread shit or anything like that. I tried it for a bit and lost progress when I did it. The impact is too damn low and you get destroyed most of the time :bomb:

Atheon's Epliogue sucks something fierce in Crucible. It sucks so bad that it does more bad than good.

I unfortunately got Thorn on my Hunter and opted for Suros, Praedyths Revenge and Corrective Measure. I sat back and sniped people and would only go up closer when heavy dropped. Cheap way I know but AE sucks so freaking bad. I was going for it before hard crota came out so no Word for me to use. :/

Ideally you want it on a warlock and just void bomb the shit out of people with Obsidian Mind and Bad Juju and have void shotty or sniper and a void heavy.
I think you are exaggerating, it was fine pre AR nerf and I was able to complete my Thorn bounty twice in around 2-3 hours each time. You are obviously not going to out-shoot a SUROs but it was perfectly viable and a matter of preference.

Can't say much to it now since I haven't played since whenever the AR changes were

I think you are exaggerating, it was fine pre AR nerf and I was able to complete my Thorn bounty twice in around 2-3 hours each time. You are obviously not going to out-shoot a SUROs but it was perfectly viable and a matter of preference.

Can't say much to it now since I haven't played since whenever the AR changes were
Not exaggerating one bit. The gun just sucks period. The only redeeming things it has are the clip is huge and the damage type. It is quite easily the worst gun in either of the two raids by a mile. With the Praetorian Foil close behind.

Not exaggerating one bit. The gun just sucks period. The only redeeming things it has are the clip is huge and the damage type. It is quite easily the worst gun in either of the two raids by a mile. With the Praetorian Foil close behind.
Different strokes then ;). I think it was my 2nd most used Crucible AR behind Shadow Price. Definitely wasn't an issue averaging 15-20 kills a round.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Atheon's Epilogue only drops from Atheon. It is a pretty common drop, but I want to say it took me a number of runs before I finally received it when I was first playing VoG back in the day.
Whatchutalkinabout!? I got AE on my very first Atheon clear way back when Broly took us through it in October. Yeah, maybe that's why I can't get Hunger of Crota now - karma for that easy first Atheon drop ;).

Vendetta_x360 said:
Atheon's Epliogue sucks something fierce in Crucible. It sucks so bad that it does more bad than good.

I unfortunately got Thorn on my Hunter and opted for Suros, Praedyths Revenge and Corrective Measure. I sat back and sniped people and would only go up closer when heavy dropped. Cheap way I know but AE sucks so freaking bad. I was going for it before hard crota came out so no Word for me to use. :/

Vendetta_x360 said:
It does suck that we are limited to only 2 void primary until Wolves. If the datamining is true, we get a void scout from wolves... :drool:

And sorry, I mean my post to be more so a disclaimer about how much Atheons sucks. Wasn't trying to thread shit or anything like that. I tried it for a bit and lost progress when I did it. The impact is too damn low and you get destroyed most of the time :bomb:
I agree wholeheartedly on AE in Crucible. I lost progress on Thorn when trying to use it as well. I lost even more progress when trying to use Praedyth's. My problem with that is there is no way I'm going to win a one-on-one sniper battle. I usually get killed before I even realize where the other guy is if I try to stand still and snipe. And Atheon's Epilogue sprays way to crazy for me to find it useful. I wasn't killing people one-on-one at all with that either. Now using Vex Mythoclast, on the other hand, I can wipe the floor with most people if they just come right at me. The stability of Vex must be much higher because AE seemed to miss more often than not while I could head shot most of the time with Vex. I also tried to use Word of Crota but without autofire in crucible I don't stand a chance.

So, I guess what I'm saying ajh, is that a Void primary is by no means a requirement. I also can't use shotguns. I always lose those one-on-one battles too. I tried and even with an auto-fire shotgun the other guy seems to wipe me out before I can even get one shot off. Oddly enough I seem to be able to get melee kills more frequently than I could get shotgun kills (usually the guy kills me with shotgun and at the same time I get a melee kill).

So I've done the Thorn bounty on my Warlock during the last 2 Iron Banners. I've been sticking with IB because since it is level based as a 32 I am never at a disadvantage at least and I usually have a small advantage (most players are 30-31). I got it to about 100 in the first IB. In the second one I got it all the way up to 350. Beyond just learning the maps better and where the heavy drops are and how to avoid getting killed through experience, I've settled on the following:

1) Warlock Voidwalker with Nova Bomb, void grenades, and a void melee attack (at least I think it is). So I get a void kill with any of those. I'm not sure if Obsidian Mind or Voidfang Vestments are better though. While I do get super kills, the benefit of the super-refill isn't all that great (I only ever get 1 or 2 at a time). But then spawning with grenades isn't really too useful either as they generate pretty quickly anyway.
2) I stopped rushing into zones and trying to capture as I'd usually meet my death by a sniper or a coordinated group attack. Instead, I started defending zones a bit more, especially if we catch a good one.
3) Use Vex Mythoclast as my primary. I tried Bad Juju once I got it but I found it took way more shots to down someone than with Vex. But really Vex is just a backup in case someone rushes me. It is just to save me from death.
4) I don't even use my special weapon, so I am really psyched they are going to make the ammo harder to get with the next update. I just hope they don't nerf Vex for the 3rd (or 4th?) time. I really don't see a lot of other people using it. I think there are maybe better weapons to use if you are a fast twitch pro. But hey, at 46, the fact that I can even hang now with people who grew up on FPS games is impressive enough in my own mind ;). Keep in mind I've never really played FPS's before. I never liked them until Destiny.
5) Now I do have Corrective Measure, which I saw as an utterly useless weapon when I first got it (from Vault of Glass). But it really does tear it up in Iron Banner. It is the super stability that makes it work. I did get a Jolder's Hammer and re-rolled it to get Void and a stability perk so I may try to use that next time.

But even when I can't get to the heavy ammo, I can usually make at least some progress on the bounty. I do play it safe, though, which means slow progress on IB rank. I can't wait to get it out of the way so I can play a little more reckless (to get things like the melee bounty in Iron Banner).

Should I buy Suros? I like auto rifles, my only exotic primary is Bad JuJu and I have 23 coins exactly. Is Suros more of a crucible weapon? If so I don't plan on playing much more of it when and if I finish the thorn bounty.

Whatchutalkinabout!? I got AE on my very first Atheon clear way back when Broly took us through it in October. Yeah, maybe that's why I can't get Hunger of Crota now - karma for that easy first Atheon drop ;).
Yea I remember you guys all had it before I did, but I started raiding a week or two after you guys first ran through it with Broly. I kept thinking "if I could just get that Atheon's Epilogue that everyone has" meanwhile I think I got a Vision of Confluence on one of my first runs and that was the best Scout Rifle in the game at the time (and might still be). When I finally got AE I was super psyched and I really still like it for void burn nightfalls vs the Word of Crota (but i'm more of a Auto/Scout rifle player than someone who runs with Hand Cannons). It just isn't for me in Crucible, but I know others have had some luck with it.

I agree with io's points on crucible for the most part. I only play iron banner due to level advantage and the guaranteed loot table once you get high enough rank. Using a warlock makes the Thorn bounty it a bit easier due to having void super and other attacks. Titan and Hunter are not as easy, but I did it as a hunter by taking advantage of the Bladedancers invisibility to sneak up on people and camp Heavy. Titan at least has a void grenade and with a good void shotty you can rack up kills by dropping a bubble over a control point and holding that down while people rush you.

Void Shotty (Swordbreaker) and Sniper Praedyth's revenge as Vendetta mentioned are good options for Special. For Heavy Corrective Measure owns, but like io I rolled a void Jolder's Hammer with extra ammo perks from Iron Banner so will probably try that out next time.

Should I buy Suros? I like auto rifles, my only exotic primary is Bad JuJu and I have 23 coins exactly. Is Suros more of a crucible weapon? If so I don't plan on playing much more of it when and if I finish the thorn bounty.
Suros was my go-to Crucible weapon this past Iron Banner, even after they nerfed auto rifles. With the high stability I was able to lineup headshots with it when aiming down the sights and that helped me knock out some of the headshot specific bounties as well.

I don't use exotic primaries in PvE, but Suros is useful since it helps regen health on kills, which helpful during hard Crota since you don't regen health over time.

Yea for Control, once you realize that you don't need all the points (entirely possible to win holding one all game) and learn the maps it's so easy to put up more consistent numbers.

Have you tried FRs? They are worth a try and might be a good fit for your playstyle if you get used to abusing the charge time while rounding corners or peeking into doorways.

gotdott said:
Yea for Control, once you realize that you don't need all the points (entirely possible to win holding one all game) and learn the maps it's so easy to put up more consistent numbers.

Have you tried FRs? They are worth a try and might be a good fit for your playstyle if you get used to abusing the charge time while rounding corners or peeking into doorways.
Other than Vex, no. I never did like the charge-up time. But I might as well equip one and try it out. I just find that in pressure situations in IB, I never think to switch to my secondary.

And hell yeah, Suros! I've been trying to get that as a drop from the Gorgon chest and other exotic drop location for ages, ever since I passed up buying it when Xur sold it like 3 months ago. I will definitely be buying that (assuming like Glock I remember to get on by Saturday night - I had forgotten it was Xur time already).

That means I can skip out on trying for exotics at this point. The only useful thing I could get at this point would be a 3rd Gjallarhorn so I don't have to swap the 2 I have to my 3rd character. Once I get Suros and finish my Thorn bounty, I'll have all the exotic items.

Once I pick up Suros I think Gjallahorn and (strangely enough) NLB will be the only non-bounty exotics that I don't have.

[quote name="ajh2298" post="12631991" timestamp="1428670166"]Should I buy Suros? I like auto rifles, my only exotic primary is Bad JuJu and I have 23 coins exactly. Is Suros more of a crucible weapon? If so I don't plan on playing much more of it when and if I finish the thorn bounty.[/quote]
It can also be somewhat useful with crota. You have a chance to refill health with kills.

Armamentarium purchased!  All exotics finally.  Only weapon I have not received from random drops is Praetorian Foil.  Somehow I have still never had Warlock gloves from VoG drop.  Doesn't seem possible considering I get Hunter gloves from oracles/templar every time i run it.

I should be able to be on tonight after 11:00 est would love to run the VoG with somebody if possible.

When you guys play multiplayer what do you do about your intellect, discipline, and strength stats? Do they even make that big of a difference?

Also I was able to pull a Voidfang Vestments from Xur for the exotic chest piece this week how is it? It seems that it will pair up well with my voidwalker for the crucible.

Armamentarium purchased! All exotics finally. Only weapon I have not received from random drops is Praetorian Foil. Somehow I have still never had Warlock gloves from VoG drop. Doesn't seem possible considering I get Hunter gloves from oracles/templar every time i run it.
The foil is definitly the rarest gun in the game. That was the last gun i got to complete my collection of all raid weapons/exotics

The foil is definitly the rarest gun in the game. That was the last gun i got to complete my collection of all raid weapons/exotics
I must have been lucky then. I actually had that long before I had either Corrective Measure or Praedyth's Timepiece. I think io, still needs the foil? One of my other buddies needs that so he can say he has every raid item and every exotic.

Okay, when exactly does Xur leave the tower (est)?
3AM for me, so 5AM for you :)

Gah! Thanks for the confirmation. I was hoping I might make it home in time to buy a couple suros', but I won't be home until Noon. For a while it was looking like we might have been home earlier, but we got a late start. Then kids with bladders happened. Over and over.

The Good: I now have the season pass.

The Bad: For the next four weeks I can only play on Friday and Saturday nights but just remembered not at all this upcoming weekend.

Played a little bit of the new stuff yesterday and got the Murmur fusion rifle really digging it just wish it did void damage.

If it didn't say House of Wolves at the end I would have assumed this was for the Queens Wrath event they ran one time back when the game came out.  I am all for more content in this game and I'm glad they have confirmed the date but not much more than a cutscene there.

I know we talked about it before but does anyone have interest in trying to do a flawless run for Normal Crota tomorrow or whenever people are free this week?  Figure we are all going to run it anyways, might as well work towards something other than more drops of weapons and armors we already have.

If it didn't say House of Wolves at the end I would have assumed this was for the Queens Wrath event they ran one time back when the game came out. I am all for more content in this game and I'm glad they have confirmed the date but not much more than a cutscene there.

I know we talked about it before but does anyone have interest in trying to do a flawless run for Normal Crota tomorrow or whenever people are free this week? Figure we are all going to run it anyways, might as well work towards something other than more drops of weapons and armors we already have.

Yes! Count me in on this. Can we schedule an estimated start at 9:30 or 10 est?

Also, I agree that this reveal really was just a short cut scene that didn't say much. Good thing for data mining.

If it didn't say House of Wolves at the end I would have assumed this was for the Queens Wrath event they ran one time back when the game came out. I am all for more content in this game and I'm glad they have confirmed the date but not much more than a cutscene there.

I know we talked about it before but does anyone have interest in trying to do a flawless run for Normal Crota tomorrow or whenever people are free this week? Figure we are all going to run it anyways, might as well work towards something other than more drops of weapons and armors we already have.
The trailer wasn't much beyond, "Oh, hey don't forget House of Wolves is coming and it's exactly what you thought it would be." But I'm excited anyway. New stuff!

I want to run some raids tomorrow night. Can't promise I won't die, but I'll give it a shot.

Flawless Raider on Crota is not too hard. We managed to get it done in about 2 hours a few weeks ago. Just keep in mind it won't pop at the end until you log out of your profile and back in (or get kicked by the servers). We wasted an additional 2 hours trying to go it again with 6 people because we thought it had to be a full fire team. It does not - we eventually got the achievement to pop from our 5-man run.

I would suggest using a mix of Bladedancer Hunters and Defender Titans, though probably 1 Hunter and 5 Titans is ideal as long as that Titan is a good lamp runner and swordbearer. Warlocks are almost useless since self-revive will be useless and the Titan bubbles can save you in so many ways.

The keys:

1) Space out your jumps into the abyss. Believe it or not we had the most trouble just getting everyone down that hole in the beginning. We had someone die on 5 consecutive attempts.
2) Have a skilled lamp runner (usually a Hunter with Don't Touch Me) solo the first part and have everyone else sit on the plate at the very beginning and do nothing.
3) Bridge is one of the harder parts. Of course you have to do it legit unless you can get all but one person to jump up to the top of the towers. Since we could barely get one person up there it was just easier to do it legit. It really helps here to have bubble Titans with Saint-14 helms (for the blind/confuse perk). Getting the first 3 people over is usually not too hard. But make sure you put a bubble Titan on the left totem once you are on the other side as that is where you get the most knights/wizards attacking and that bubble can save your ass. The guy on the central plate should also be a bubble Titan so he can blind the Gatekeepers as people come across - no sense taking any chances with them. Once you have everyone over, move to the right and STAY LOW. We had one wipe because someone thought it would be better to get away from the thralls by standing on the pillars. He didn't see the wizard pop up behind him and was dead before he realized what was happening. At this point spam bubbles and kill everything until the ogres come out. Just be very careful with rockets. In fact, you may want to skip using them entirely on this point because you will be bunched up and have bubbles all around you. With the extra shielding and blinded enemies you should have no problem taking everything including the ogres out.
4) Of course on the thrall hallway take it slow and forget about the chest at the end. Be careful when dropping down that final hole as you can die there.
5) For Deathsinger, take care of wizards/shriekers as usual, and then clear as much as you can from the left and go in that side. Use bubbles again, and don't rush into the crystal room. We did this by firing from the left side.
6) Crota is actually pretty easy if you have a good swordbearer. Just hope the game doesn't glitch on you here. But even if it does and, say, the sword disappears, just take your time. If you have to deal with ogres, remember you can go down below in the middle - no need to risk it in the Ogre spawn towers.

gotdott said:
it would make sense for them to bring back Queen's Wrath to hype up the DLC, but hey..

i have a month to find my copy of Destiny at least
Yeah, that totally makes sense and would get people hyped up for the new content. It would be even better if perhaps one of the potential drops was some new armor or weapon that would be useful in the new Raid. That would be cool. So of course nothing like this will happen.

No raid really blows, but this arena should be fun. Easier to get three people together to play than six, too.

So no new raid on HoW...on the one hand, I hardly get to play raids so it doesn't really affect me...on the other hand the new "horde" mode sounds kinda cool.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Gearing-Up-for-House-of-Wolves/en/News/News?aid=12764
I actually like this aspect better in all honesty. It makes it so the game isn't so damn monotonous and trying to get enough people to be able to raid. I think this game type will make my favorite and also IMO the best part of the game shine: The Gunplay. I know I may be a bit biased but I feel like Bungie does gunplay better than anyone. To me nobody is even close to their level. Not Treyarch, not Infinity Ward, not DICE, not Epic, etc...

I love the 3 person aspect of this as well. I have a feeling my addiction to the game will be back come May 19th. The thing that really sucks is that is Witcher 3 day... Ugh!!

Flawless Raider on Crota is not too hard. We managed to get it done in about 2 hours a few weeks ago. Just keep in mind it won't pop at the end until you log out of your profile and back in (or get kicked by the servers). We wasted an additional 2 hours trying to go it again with 6 people because we thought it had to be a full fire team. It does not - we eventually got the achievement to pop from our 5-man run.

I would suggest using a mix of Bladedancer Hunters and Defender Titans, though probably 1 Hunter and 5 Titans is ideal as long as that Titan is a good lamp runner and swordbearer. Warlocks are almost useless since self-revive will be useless and the Titan bubbles can save you in so many ways.

The keys:

1) Space out your jumps into the abyss. Believe it or not we had the most trouble just getting everyone down that hole in the beginning. We had someone die on 5 consecutive attempts.
2) Have a skilled lamp runner (usually a Hunter with Don't Touch Me) solo the first part and have everyone else sit on the plate at the very beginning and do nothing.
3) Bridge is one of the harder parts. Of course you have to do it legit unless you can get all but one person to jump up to the top of the towers. Since we could barely get one person up there it was just easier to do it legit. It really helps here to have bubble Titans with Saint-14 helms (for the blind/confuse perk). Getting the first 3 people over is usually not too hard. But make sure you put a bubble Titan on the left totem once you are on the other side as that is where you get the most knights/wizards attacking and that bubble can save your ass. The guy on the central plate should also be a bubble Titan so he can blind the Gatekeepers as people come across - no sense taking any chances with them. Once you have everyone over, move to the right and STAY LOW. We had one wipe because someone thought it would be better to get away from the thralls by standing on the pillars. He didn't see the wizard pop up behind him and was dead before he realized what was happening. At this point spam bubbles and kill everything until the ogres come out. Just be very careful with rockets. In fact, you may want to skip using them entirely on this point because you will be bunched up and have bubbles all around you. With the extra shielding and blinded enemies you should have no problem taking everything including the ogres out.
4) Of course on the thrall hallway take it slow and forget about the chest at the end. Be careful when dropping down that final hole as you can die there.
5) For Deathsinger, take care of wizards/shriekers as usual, and then clear as much as you can from the left and go in that side. Use bubbles again, and don't rush into the crystal room. We did this by firing from the left side.
6) Crota is actually pretty easy if you have a good swordbearer. Just hope the game doesn't glitch on you here. But even if it does and, say, the sword disappears, just take your time. If you have to deal with ogres, remember you can go down below in the middle - no need to risk it in the Ogre spawn towers.
-Gear (not necessary) but we generally all used the following guns:

• FateBringer
  • Fang Of Ir Yut/any scout
  • IceBreaker or if you don't miss Black Hammer
  • Gjallarhorn
  • Hunger of Crota

-Don't forget to spec your hunter for high agility. I also equip MIDA as my exotic for the +2 agility perk. When I get to the end of the lamps, I usually jump on the rock next to the lamp after stepping on the plate. You will have enough time here to switch weapons around. I go Scout for primary, Patience & Time for secondary and a Hunger of Crota (or really any tracking Rocket will work). Gjallarhorn is not recommended here because if the thrall are close you will kill yourself. You can shoot the ogres as they spawn (remember there are 2). After dispatching them, I usually just sit on the rock till the bridge is formed. I pop my super and go invisible and run. Remember that jumping on the bridge, you can actually fall through the cracks. That happened to me earlier this week... :bomb:

-On the bridge on one of our failed runs, I stood on the left lamp. Yeah that sucked as a hunter. So like io, said bubble titan on the left. The right side is definitely easier. If you get busted on that left side, hide in the cheese area behind that little lamp thingy.

Titans definitely are the most useful going for flawless. Definitely spec for Defender and don't even worry about weapons of light, blessing of light is way more important.

-Enemies don't respawn in the hallway. As a general rule, don't fire rockets if you don't have to. Shooting someone in the back and dying and restarting because of that would suck. It didn't happen to our group but easily could happen.

-To be extra careful for the shrieker shots, we had someone have their super ready and popped it to shield everyone. Better safe than sorry.

-The left side method on Deathsinger is awesome. Just place bubbles in front of the doors behind you. Communication here is key. When firing rockets, jump up and shoot it, preferably not jumping out of the bubble. That can end bad.

-I'll admit, I was a bit nervous when we got to Crota running sword. Key is don't get greedy. If you feel the timing is off even a second, don't go for that sword hit. Blink or get the fuck out of dodge. Have one person with IB and Hunger of Crota on permanent boomer patrol. Shoot the knight that comes out of the tower as well.

I'm still not really ready to try and help people with this quite yet. I've been trying to play less Destiny to be honest. I do have 2 friends that I promised to help so when the time comes, I'll see if I can fit some of you in. Just be prepared, listen, and most of all be a good teammate is all I will ask for. :)

I'm pretty disappointed at there being no Raid and if this horde mode is really just 3 people that is disappointing too. That would be great with 6.

Don't get me wrong, a horde mode is something I suggested long ago as a great addition. But that's what it should be - an addition to all the other DLC content, which should also include a new Raid.

Meh - we'll see. Obviously, I'll play it since I already paid for it. But now I really feel that since they aren't implementing a full new Raid, they better lead into May 19th with another Queen's Wrath event or something equivalent.

We had a little precedence with that before when the blades of Crota started showing up in advance of that DLC.

I'm pretty disappointed at there being no Raid and if this horde mode is really just 3 people that is disappointing too. That would be great with 6.

Don't get me wrong, a horde mode is something I suggested long ago as a great addition. But that's what it should be - an addition to all the other DLC content, which should also include a new Raid.

Meh - we'll see. Obviously, I'll play it since I already paid for it. But now I really feel that since they aren't implementing a full new Raid, they better lead into May 19th with another Queen's Wrath event or something equivalent.

We had a little precedence with that before when the blades of Crota started showing up in advance of that DLC.
They did say we will get a raid, just later on in the year.

This is what got my attention:

upgrade.jpg

That is FateBringer! Right damage and damage type. If we can get a new max FB... :drool: I'll take 3 please :)

trials.jpg

Dose helmets... :drool: Especially the Hunter one.... Gimme gimme gimme!

Also for those of you that didn't see.... Expanded vault space tomorrow!!! Hooray!!!

EDIT: I was just talking to one of my Destiny buddies and with the new Reef Social Hub, we both think that Queens Wrath will be permanent like Eris is and that you will have to level up to buy shaders and emblems like with Crota. Hopefully if they do that, they make it so you can get Legendary Weapons turning in bounties (with low chance like how Exotic Weapon Bounties are) like they did before with Supremacy the first time they ran Queen's Wrath.

LinkinPrime said:
True, though this being the last piece of the Season Pass, you have to assume we'll be charged for that Raid that technically should have been included in HoW.
Exactly. The raid "later in the year" probably just means with the big Comet expansion that will probably cost $30 and was supposed to have the 3rd new Raid, not the second. They better put 2 Raids in it now.

The only thing that saved the Crota DLC from being an utter disappointment was the Raid. If HoW just has the same lame 3-4 story missions plus a horde mode that will be pretty disappointing too. There are a lot of ways they can make it more interesting (like some of the stuff Vendetta mentioned above) but until I see that in place I'll remain skeptical. And I say this as someone pushing 1000 hours in the game.

Nightfall is Sepiks with Arc burn. It seems like we just had that not too long ago.

I don't know why but all this time I was always saying Sepkis. That just seems better ;).

Anyway, my regular crew kind of ditched me on the Nightfall so I just turned off the game after reset. I'll be up for some CAG runs Tuesday evening. We should be getting more Vault space here real soon though!

I will try my best to be on tonight to at least run the weekly and the nightfall probably around 9:30 est.

Exactly. The raid "later in the year" probably just means with the big Comet expansion that will probably cost $30 and was supposed to have the 3rd new Raid, not the second. They better put 2 Raids in it now.

The only thing that saved the Crota DLC from being an utter disappointment was the Raid. If HoW just has the same lame 3-4 story missions plus a horde mode that will be pretty disappointing too. There are a lot of ways they can make it more interesting (like some of the stuff Vendetta mentioned above) but until I see that in place I'll remain skeptical. And I say this as someone pushing 1000 hours in the game.
Still trying to digest all the information but I definitely do not like them pulling the raid this late in the game. Maybe this horde mode will be something new, but I feel like we already have enough 3 player modes in the game as it is. It sounds like they are keeping the same mission/bounty structure that they have had since the beginning, just adding a new social hub to pick up bounties and acquire different gear from. Trials of Osiris looks like it will be the wild card here but nobody knows much about it, at least until the reveal on April 29th. Watch it just be a variation of iron Banner with a new set of gear.

As for upgrading old weapons to 365, that isn't really much of a game changer for me. I never fell in love with the fatebringer like most people and I found that once I had the Crota primaries leveled up I just rolled with those instead of the VoG ones. After how bad they mangled upgrading exotics the last time almost any other system would be an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back