Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you guys into the MP?

I've tried it a few times and I want to like it but shit just seems uneven. Some people have some killer one shot kill wepons, while it takes me way too many damn times to kill someone, I've tried countless of different weapons, powers, classes...just doesn't make senses to me. If the game tracked stats (i can't seem to find any) I'm sure mine are pretty pathetic.

Other than that, really dig the campaign so far, just itching for some MP but I guess that will have to take care of itself when CoD comes out.
A lot of weapons kill in one hit and that's super annoying for me. A lot of people complain that Call of Duty isn't fun multiplayer because you die nearly instantly so I'm not sure why Bungie thought it would be fun to have most of the weapons in the game be 1 shot kill.

Levels and powers aren't balanced either, higher level people have access to more abilities and they're going to be a lot stronger than you because of it. Class wise I can't say which is overpowered yet but all I know is I've seen Hunters win the most so far and I very rarely see any Titans in multiplayer.

The beta played so much better since it was a even playing field.

I can get some kills here and there, but so much is wrong with the MP balancing.  I thought a lot of stuff was fixed in a Day 1 patch?

[quote name="simosaurus" post="12089334" timestamp="1410564128"]Some of the guys and I ventured into the Crucible last night and it just was not fun. The first round was okay and we only lost by a relatively small margin. But the next two rounds were a bloodbath. There were a couple level 20 and 24 guys who were doing exactly what you mention above: One shot kills and unleashing special powers that could take out 3 or 4 of us at a time. And on the moon map it seemed like a mile from the re-spawn points to get back to the action. And once we were within spitting distance of getting back into the game, there'd be someone waiting with a sniper rifle or a rocket the minute you came over the rise. I'm not setting foot back in there until I hit level 20.[/quote]
You can call in your sparrow to travel long distances, even in the crucible.

The sound issues I'm having are beyond it just cutting out. The entire game sound starts to distort and have that fuzzy robot feel to it. So even the ambient Tower sounds will buzz. I can't get rid of it until I exit completely and log back in. The sound cutting out completely fixes with the guide button then back into the game but there's a weird ass buzzing distortion still. It seems to happen if I use certain guns too. It's really freaking weird. I hope it's not an Xbox 1 issue, this is the only disc based game I have for the console so far.

IMO I think this is going to be like Titanfall, lots of hype and fanfare at the beginning and then get very boring very quickly

Any of you guys into the MP?

I've tried it a few times and I want to like it but shit just seems uneven. Some people have some killer one shot kill wepons, while it takes me way too many damn times to kill someone, I've tried countless of different weapons, powers, classes...just doesn't make senses to me. If the game tracked stats (i can't seem to find any) I'm sure mine are pretty pathetic.

Other than that, really dig the campaign so far, just itching for some MP but I guess that will have to take care of itself when CoD comes out.
With level advantages disabled, you must have skill or your team work as a team in order to kick ass. Headshots are really the way to go, or just choosing abilities that lets you do continuous damage quickly combined with weapons.

In the level advantages enabled matches, it is literally the one with the most powerful weapon wins all the time, every time. I try to avoid these matches 99% of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the best way to level up? I dont understand how someone is level 24 less than a week after game came out.
Crucible. I've found you can easily get to 20 in a few days of playing just that (super boring solo though). As for hitting 24, prob just a combination of buying +light items and good luck from engrams.

What's the best way to level up? I dont understand how someone is level 24 less than a week after game came out.
Anything really. Just playing through the main story will put you at about the soft level cap of 20. After that it becomes more about luck to get drops with high amounts of light until you've grinded enough to start buying the really good stuff. I hit level 23 yesterday, starting to get close to 24.

I've barely touched Crucible and am nearing 24. I focused on single player, strikes, and bounties. I feel like my drops are more consistent this way.

My first legendary engram from today . . . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8vwl7GLZrs

Boom!  I like it.

Good for you!

Unfortunately, thanks to me and my bad luck, my first legendary engram ended up being an awesome 500 def armor for a class I am not playing as! :(

[quote name="genneo" post="12093522" timestamp="1410706205"]Good for you!

Unfortunately, thanks to me and my bad luck, my first legendary engram ended up being an awesome 500 def armor for a class I am not playing as! :([/quote]
Mine was strange coin... I guess at least I can still use it.

[quote name="genneo" post="12093522" timestamp="1410706205"]Good for you!

Unfortunately, thanks to me and my bad luck, my first legendary engram ended up being an awesome 500 def armor for a class I am not playing as! :([/quote]

That's why I do alternates. Sorry bro. Hope you did keep it though just in case you do plan to make another class.

So for those that are lvl20+ is glimmer that important and scarce? Or is getting money easy during that stage?

A lot of weapons kill in one hit and that's super annoying for me. A lot of people complain that Call of Duty isn't fun multiplayer because you die nearly instantly so I'm not sure why Bungie thought it would be fun to have most of the weapons in the game be 1 shot kill.

Levels and powers aren't balanced either, higher level people have access to more abilities and they're going to be a lot stronger than you because of it. Class wise I can't say which is overpowered yet but all I know is I've seen Hunters win the most so far and I very rarely see any Titans in multiplayer.
That was the biggest thing Halo had going for it, the pow pow shields gone, pow pow to the face enemy down. I hate modern shooters where oh there he is... I'm dead. (and I played a lot of Battlefield 2,3 & 4 lol)

Just got to level 8 tonight. Was on vacation for a few days.

Anyway got a question, on the moon right now. Is there any way for me to get any type of gear. Basically most of my gear is pretty terrible and I want to upgrade asap. I just don't know what would be easiest/fastest. I don't need the best gear, just something better than what I have now because I still have a couple of level 2 pieces.

Thanks

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12095315" timestamp="1410751018"]Just got to level 8 tonight. Was on vacation for a few days.

Anyway got a question, on the moon right now. Is there any way for me to get any type of gear. Basically most of my gear is pretty terrible and I want to upgrade asap. I just don't know what would be easiest/fastest. I don't need the best gear, just something better than what I have now because I still have a couple of level 2 pieces.

Thanks[/quote]
Continue doing missions. You can also do patrols and engrams should drop.

That's why I do alternates. Sorry bro. Hope you did keep it though just in case you do plan to make another class. So for those that are lvl20+ is glimmer that important and scarce? Or is getting money easy during that stage?
It's relatively easy to get glimmer. I found out there is a 25000 cap on it though. I hit it and had to spend some of it just so I can keep collecting money. I bought 3 ships, a shader, and an emblem. Should be good to go until the next time I hit the cap again.

Just got to level 8 tonight. Was on vacation for a few days.

Thanks
The story missions do reward you with gear, but if you are truly impatient then just buy them from the NPCs.

How does this raid that is starting tomorrow work?  Is this the mode that you can only play with friends (i.e. no matchmaking)

Does your chances of gear dropping increase with levels? Tonight I was getting a shitton of gear where as previously I was getting literally nothing.

Also have to say the game got a lot more fun for me once I reached about halfway through the moon. I was thinking meh but now I am having a lot of fun.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12097944" timestamp="1410837864"]Does your chances of gear dropping increase with levels? Tonight I was getting a shitton of gear where as previously I was getting literally nothing.

Also have to say the game got a lot more fun for me once I reached about halfway through the moon. I was thinking meh but now I am having a lot of fun.[/quote]
I'm not sure about amount of drops, but I believe the rarity is tie to cryptarch rank.

Does your chances of gear dropping increase with levels? Tonight I was getting a shitton of gear where as previously I was getting literally nothing.

Also have to say the game got a lot more fun for me once I reached about halfway through the moon. I was thinking meh but now I am having a lot of fun.
From my experience, yes.

Also a lot more drops happen (even from the generic mob enemies) when you play at the higher difficulty levels. I get at least one blue engram everytime I play a mission lvl 22 and up.

[quote name="Ryuukishi" post="12098975" timestamp="1410885249"]Once you're level 20, will blue and purple engrams drop anywhere (like on Patrol or redoing a story mission), or only in Strikes?[/quote]
I've had them drop everywhere. Even on patrols. I've only seen one purple and I don't remember what I was doing at the time.

Once you're level 20, will blue and purple engrams drop anywhere (like on Patrol or redoing a story mission), or only in Strikes?
Ishtar Commons on Venus (battle between Fallen vs Vex) in patrol mode is a good farming spot but I've yet to get any legendary weapons myself.

EDIT:

If you are struggling to get to lvl 26 follow this guide from Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2ght8q/i_know_some_people_here_are_still_stuck_on_lvl_20/

Destiny - "BEST LEGENDARY ENGRAM FARMING GUIDE" | "Destiny Skywatch Engram Farming Location"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLKzesxkKU

Anyone else having problems with empty Tower and planets? Ie, there aren't any other players? I had that happen a bit in the alpha and thought that was just an alpha problem. But last night I played through much of Mars without a single other player being there and no one in the Tower, either, in multiple visits. So I thought well, maybe late last night there was just no one playing or they were doing server maintenance or something. But right now my son can't see anyone in his game either.

A quick Google search shows this problem and people claim it is fixed by restarting the game. That isn't working now though. And of course we are online - friends show up and all that. It is just Destiny. My son has restarted the system a few times now.

Changing subjects, I think I chose the wrong system for this game. I only got the X1 version because that's what my son plays. But I never see any of my 90+ Xbox Live friends playing this game. Is everyone on PS4? I realize I'm asking this in the X1 Destiny thread, so I know you guys play. I'm just shocked at the lack of players (when it does work and I can see others that is).

In any case, I'm up to level 18 and haven't really done much in the way of multiplayer. I did the Earth strike mission twice - that's it. Even when there are other players around they never seem to be there when the public events start up and I always have a hard time doing them by myself.

Aren't zones limited to like 3-4 people at a time? So it isn't like you'll run into droves of people in the wilds anyway.

Although I ended up quitting early since I just can't get into the game. I regret getting it digitally because this is definitely one of those games I would have eBay'ed right away.

Limited, sure. But there was no one in the tower or anywhere else last night or today. And usually you see a person zoom by or something at least.

If you meant for the public events, then, yeah, that is kind of a flaw in the game I guess. Normally (when it works) there are only 3-4 people spread out over a pretty wide area and they are usually doing something else so when the public event comes in it is pretty rare to find another person that wants to do it.

IIRC there are 12 people per planet overworld, and 20 people in the Tower. 12 really isn't a lot for how large the planet maps are. I've been in 4 or 5 public events and each time there were 3 to 4 people participating.

I haven't run into any connection problems or any glitches at all on 360.

Same here, no glitches or problems on the X1.

While patrolling in the Moon by my lonesome today I golded a public event solo. That was pretty cool.

So I finally got started so I really just redoing the beta missions right now.  I still find it fun but also still confusing sometimes.  Why are there 20+ level guys running around in the same area I am on patrol?  Are they facing higher level enemies?  It just seemed like these two guys were running back and forth mopping up kills.

Same here, no glitches or problems on the X1.

While patrolling in the Moon by my lonesome today I golded a public event solo. That was pretty cool.
The WARSAT Public Event is my favorite to do solo, as it's very do-able and easy. It's the one I do every day for my mail rewards.

So I finally got started so I really just redoing the beta missions right now. I still find it fun but also still confusing sometimes. Why are there 20+ level guys running around in the same area I am on patrol? Are they facing higher level enemies? It just seemed like these two guys were running back and forth mopping up kills.
People traveling to their 20+ strike zones most likely. Either that or they are doing patrols for bounties.

The WARSAT Public Event is my favorite to do solo, as it's very do-able and easy. It's the one I do every day for my mail rewards.
So, you can do it every day? Do you just go into the patrol mission and hang out until it starts? Nice, thanks for the tip!

Is there any benefit to decoding blues at level 14 or just save them for later? Got my first blue yesterday and I am debating if I want to decode it or save it for a higher level when it will be something better. If I were to wait what level is good to start decoding blues?

[quote name="chubbyninja1319" post="12101152" timestamp="1410951191"]So, you can do it every day? Do you just go into the patrol mission and hang out until it starts? Nice, thanks for the tip![/quote]
Yup, exactly. I believe it resets about the same time new bounties show up.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12101169" timestamp="1410953889"]Is there any benefit to decoding blues at level 14 or just save them for later? Got my first blue yesterday and I am debating if I want to decode it or save it for a higher level when it will be something better. If I were to wait what level is good to start decoding blues?[/quote]
I personally decode right away UNLESS I'm close to leveling. Then I'd hold off. You're going to be getting lots of loot, and the immediate benefit outweighs waiting in most cases.

I personally decode right away UNLESS I'm close to leveling. Then I'd hold off. You're going to be getting lots of loot, and the immediate benefit outweighs waiting in most cases.
Will do, right now I am just trying to powerlevel to 20. I will finish the story at some point but want to get to 20 asap so I can loot up.

[quote name="Fearia" post="12101182" timestamp="1410955120"]I personally decode right away UNLESS I'm close to leveling. Then I'd hold off. You're going to be getting lots of loot, and the immediate benefit outweighs waiting in most cases.[/quote]
I'm not sure if there's benefit. I've done the same to be safe, but when I've been close to leveling up the item was unlocked at my next level. Not sure if it is random or the game looks at how close you are and ups the stats.

I'm not sure if there's benefit. I've done the same to be safe, but when I've been close to leveling up the item was unlocked at my next level. Not sure if it is random or the game looks at how close you are and ups the stats.
I actually save an engram for later date when i first started. Got the engram while at lvl 8. Decrypt it when i was a level 15. Got a rare hand canon lvl 15 which i max out and been using ever since. Good times! B

Ishtar Commons on Venus (battle between Fallen vs Vex) in patrol mode is a good farming spot but I've yet to get any legendary weapons myself.

EDIT:

If you are struggling to get to lvl 26 follow this guide from Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2ght8q/i_know_some_people_here_are_still_stuck_on_lvl_20/

Destiny - "BEST LEGENDARY ENGRAM FARMING GUIDE" | "Destiny Skywatch Engram Farming Location"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLKzesxkKU
Tried this for over an hour last night and didnt get shit lol

2:42 of the video is nothing but ammo

Im a Hunter 20 and the white is primary, green is special, and purple is heavy ammo

Really?  I'm only level 14 and I did the Moon farming one for 15 minutes and got a bunch of lootski including a sick helmet with a horn and an engram for a sniper rifle. 

Here's an useful map of when the Earth public events occur

HfGV0OT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back