Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I have to say about the Vault of Glass Raid so far is "WTF?! Who are the psychos who thought this madness up? I don't even want to do this raid all over again in Hard mode, or try to attempt to beat it without anyone in the team dying for achievements."
Rumor has it a level 17 and a level 10 raid are coming, so there should be more realistic opportunities for those achievements.

The games I've been playing recently lose all audio. I hope they fix that bug soon.
Yeah, it's happened to me too. Go to the menus or open a snap app and it might shake that glitch loose. It's worked for me when I've gone to the party app and all of a sudden the music kicks in.

Did you see any credits, I think I finished too, but it went back to main screen afterwards lol
I don't know why, but they made watching the credits optional. Sucks for the many people that worked on the game.

To watch them, when you are at the set destination screen, look to the bottom right. There will be a new icon there that you can set as your destination and launch to. If nothing else, the credits features the song made and sung by Paul McCartney for free for Bungie/Destiny.

Rumor has it a level 17 and a level 10 raid are coming, so there should be more realistic opportunities for those achievements.
After sleeping on it, I would shake all the hands of the people that made the Raid, right before I slap all of them in the face :)

Definitely something I've never done before in a video game, but damn if it wasn't one of the hardest things I've ever done in a video game. Made me smile to complete it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am starting to really hate crucible. In every team game I play I lose over 75% of my games. It's not even fun when your team is horrible, lol.

I am starting to really hate crucible. In every team game I play I lose over 75% of my games. It's not even fun when your team is horrible, lol
Yea it's much more fun with a squad. I had to shake off the Battlefield mentality when playing control where it's about capping (since there's no ticket bleed) and more about sticking in groups.

[quote name="gotdott" post="12110660" timestamp="1411323861"]Yea it's much more fun with a squad. I had to shake off the Battlefield mentality when playing control where it's about capping (since there's no ticket bleed) and more about sticking in groups.[/quote]
You do also get points for kills. The more spots captured the more points you get per kill.

I don't even bother with the crucible any more.  I'm not good at PvP games (except Titanfall, thus why I love that damn game) but the particular thing about Destiny PvP that I dislike is that it takes time to get back into the action once you die......only to die quickly and have to make the trek all over again.   Why they make you run so far to get back to the action is beyond me. 

Watched Angry Joe's Destiny review and I have to say he makes a lot of really good points.

It's a long video but I enjoyed watching it. Note it has spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzopWRXK_r4

I don't even bother with the crucible any more. I'm not good at PvP games (except Titanfall, thus why I love that damn game) but the particular thing about Destiny PvP that I dislike is that it takes time to get back into the action once you die......only to die quickly and have to make the trek all over again. Why they make you run so far to get back to the action is beyond me.
I felt the exact same way about the respawing in Destiny. I never really did PvP hardcore untill Titanfall came out so I guess thats more what I am used to.

[quote name="chubbyninja1319" post="12110846" timestamp="1411331851"]I don't even bother with the crucible any more. I'm not good at PvP games (except Titanfall, thus why I love that damn game) but the particular thing about Destiny PvP that I dislike is that it takes time to get back into the action once you die......only to die quickly and have to make the trek all over again. Why they make you run so far to get back to the action is beyond me. [/quote]
Because everybody gets a sparrow... ;)

Watched Angry Joe's Destiny review and I have to say he makes a lot of really good points.

It's a long video but I enjoyed watching it. Note it has spoilers
It's exactly how I feel about the game. I just spent literally 50 minutes tonight and I got one gear piece that's a moderate upgrade to what I have now. It would not be so bad if it was like Diablo where they have ways to easily farm (adventure mode), but I was doing one of the normal farming spots. Hell if I will ever see a legendary, lol.

It's exactly how I feel about the game. I just spent literally 50 minutes tonight and I got one gear piece that's a moderate upgrade to what I have now. It would not be so bad if it was like Diablo where they have ways to easily farm (adventure mode), but I was doing one of the normal farming spots. Hell if I will ever see a legendary, lol.
ROFL funny you use Diablo 3 as a reference because the loot drop rate in Destiny now is EXACTLY the same as it was when D3 was first launched. Give it over a year, and they'll likely introduce increased drop rates (Adventure mode) following exactly what Blizzard did.

ROFL funny you use Diablo 3 as a reference because the loot drop rate in Destiny now is EXACTLY the same as it was when D3 was first launched. Give it over a year, and they'll likely introduce increased drop rates (Adventure mode) following exactly what Blizzard did.
If they do that then Destiny will be great (and assuming they add in some incentive to not just farm one spot for an hour). Same reason I stopped playing D3 at launch after I bet the game.

What is the best advice past 20 to farm gear? I was using the moon mission trick where you die over and over again. also used the cave a lot yesterday, but still waiting for my first legendary engram.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12111675" timestamp="1411385267"]If they do that then Destiny will be great (and assuming they add in some incentive to not just farm one spot for an hour). Same reason I stopped playing D3 at launch after I bet the game.

What is the best advice past 20 to farm gear? I was using the moon mission trick where you die over and over again. also used the cave a lot yesterday, but still waiting for my first legendary engram.[/quote]

I have been farming the cave with mixed results (15 hours) I have gotten 20+ legendary engrams but the cryptarch has only given 3 legendary items for all my efforts. The guy is a dick.

PS save (don't dismantle) your rare fusion rifles. You'll need to dismantle 10 of them for an exotic bounty.

I rarely use the farming tricks mainly because of the cryptach. Leveling up Vanguard/Crucible/Faction levels for guaranteed legendary items is a better way to go IMO.

I also don't mind the drop rates right now. I might get frustrated at the shitty cryptach results, but I rather not be bored of this game by next week if the it was so easy to get good items.

So. I got a legendary engram on my way to go to the cave to farm. After all the horror stories I was basically telling myself meh. Probably going to be an uncommon or blue. After farming the cave for a bit. I got to the Tower to decode it. Bam. Exotic chest piece. FOR A HUNTER.

I'm a warlock.

So. I got a legendary engram on my way to go to the cave to farm. After all the horror stories I was basically telling myself meh. Probably going to be an uncommon or blue. After farming the cave for a bit. I got to the Tower to decode it. Bam. Exotic chest piece. FOR A HUNTER.

I'm a warlock.
same thing exact thing happened to me ha

2/8 on legendaries right now too

My girls level 9 and doesn't really have people to play with while I'm at work. Anyone feel free to add her for Xbox one. Her GT is sabcraftt

Yeah farming daily Vanguard/Crucible rep seems to be the way to go. It's just I been a WoW player for years, and daily quests kind have been ruined for me, lol.

I noticed I get better chances of gear while playing Crucible well blue gear anyway.

[quote name="Philthy Bird" post="12113168" timestamp="1411433731"]My girls level 9 and doesn't really have people to play with while I'm at work. Anyone feel free to add her for Xbox one. Her GT is sabcraftt[/quote]
I would, but I don't think I'd be much help since I only play after work too (unless you're working nights). I would be glad to join both of you for strikes, though.

So the empty tower/world problems I was having a while back resolved themselves - though it was pretty much a whole day with no connections to anyone else (Live worked fine otherwise).

Anyway, I'm now in the cave farming phase myself. I've gotten tons of blues and have pretty much maxed out my armor (going from 21 to 24) via that route. After probably 3-4 hours total spent there I finally got my very first ever purple engram. I didn't even see it - it just picked up with everything else (it was probably buried in the horde of ammo). Then I accidentally scrapped a blue engram when I was trying to clear out the green junk. I was in a hurry because others were waiting for me to get out of the cave ;).

Much to my relief, though, when I finally got back to the Tower, my purple actually turned into a Legendary. And it was a nice one too: a Pulse rifle. That is what I had been using anyway and it is pretty nice to get your primary weapon upgraded like that. Though I probably would have saved my Exotic purchase (if/when I ever get enough coins) for that. I couldn't imagine finally getting a purple and have it downgrade though. Though it sure as hell took me long enough to get one - seems like I should have had one drop before that.

The thing is, I swear it is doing much less damage than the upgraded level 19 blue that I had before. And that is despite the base damage supposedly being more than the upgraded damage of the other weapon.

Oh well - at least now while I grind, I will also be upgrading that, so that provides a little more "point" to doing it...

I also finally got the "no one dying on a strike" achievement last night. I had done the easy Earth one 2 or 3 times since I've been at level 20+ just because of the "no dying" bounty. But interestingly enough, on each of those runs, one of my level 20+ squadmates somehow died (so I got the bounty but not the achievement). Last night I'm on the second hardest strike (level 22 I think) and 1 guy drops out. So it is me and one other dude and somehow we both avoid dying. I came pretty close a few times for sure.

Got my first Legendary Engram tonight and it turns out to be 2 Motes of Light....grrr.  I do have a Legendary Helment that was in my inbox under lost items.  Any idea why that was there? Is it a reward for something?

The Queen's Wrath starts in a few hours also. Hopefully it will be something I can participate in at Level 23.

cancerman1120 said:
Got my first Legendary Engram tonight and it turns out to be 2 Motes of Light....grrr. I do have a Legendary Helment that was in my inbox under lost items. Any idea why that was there? Is it a reward for something?

The Queen's Wrath starts in a few hours also. Hopefully it will be something I can participate in at Level 23.
My son claims that the "lost" items are ones you failed to pick up during a mission or maybe even just during patrol. Any blues and above will show up there I guess. He could be wrong though - but I've seen several things there (no purples, but lots of blues).

What is the Queen's Wrath? If it is one of the fireteam strike things I can't do it - never have anyone to play with. But if it has matchmaking I'm good.

[quote name="io" post="12113685" timestamp="1411451113"]My son claims that the "lost" items are ones you failed to pick up during a mission or maybe even just during patrol. Any blues and above will show up there I guess. He could be wrong though - but I've seen several things there (no purples, but lots of blues).

What is the Queen's Wrath? If it is one of the fireteam strike things I can't do it - never have anyone to play with. But if it has matchmaking I'm good.[/quote]
I agree with your son. I've heard the same thing.

My son claims that the "lost" items are ones you failed to pick up during a mission or maybe even just during patrol. Any blues and above will show up there I guess. He could be wrong though - but I've seen several things there (no purples, but lots of blues).

What is the Queen's Wrath? If it is one of the fireteam strike things I can't do it - never have anyone to play with. But if it has matchmaking I'm good.
Ill play with you if your down. I ok really only play a lot during weekends since I work night shift. Gt is Philthy Bird

My girls level 9 and doesn't really have people to play with while I'm at work. Anyone feel free to add her for Xbox one. Her GT is sabcraftt
I'd add her, but you should have her join the cag group/clan on bungie.net. More people playing post there.

genneo said:
I'd add her, but you should have her join the cag group/clan on bungie.net. More people playing post there.
Wait, what? I didn't know about that! (OK, searching revealed several: CAGcast has the most members with 321. But there is a "CAG" with 15, a "CAG Clan" with 53, and a few other smaller ones. I guess I'll join CAGcast for now, then see what happens.)

So, there's always something with this game. Tonight it had me locked out of all the strike missions and some other stuff. It said I didn't meet the requirements. So when I selected one it told me to join Xbox Live to play those. WTF!? I have Live through 2016 - I even verified that on my system. Of course I was online - was able to see people and do public events and such. Strange. Hopefully that clears up soon.

What day is the weekly reset for the Vanguard marks? I only need a few more to max it out but watch it reset on me later on Tuesday before I can play again... Edit: looked that up too. It seems it does reset Tuesday morning (but only once you log off), I was like 3 from the cap when I stopped playing. If I had known that I would have done one more thing (to get the achievement). I'm not sure I'll ever play it as intensely as I did this week again. We'll see...

Just read they are patching the Shine of Oryx to remove those 8 yellow bar Acolytes. I knew I should have farmed that run more but I wanted to finish the game and do some other things.  Guess it is just time to wait for another spot to be found.  It kind of pisses me off that Bungie is doing that sort of thing because it does not fix the longer end game issues with the game. You start eliminating the ability to get Legendaries in a more efficient manner and not fix the drop issues then I won't be playing much longer.

Does Crucible level matter when getting random drops at the end of matches (as in giving you higher chances of legendaries) or is it still just random when you are 20 to when you will hit a legendary? Just deciding how should focus my leveling up based on my schedule/other games coming out next week.

Basically you do her bounty requests and each bounty gives you a token that let's you do a random story quest with epic difficulty modifiers (level 24 also) - these guarantee drop a purple "Queen's Guard" item. 

If the mission is too hard, you can quit out and it will give you a random new one.

Wait, what? I didn't know about that! (OK, searching revealed several: CAGcast has the most members with 321. But there is a "CAG" with 15, a "CAG Clan" with 53, and a few other smaller ones. I guess I'll join CAGcast for now, then see what happens.)
One of the CAG clans with only about a dozen people or so is from Halo 3. It was made as the CAG Grifball Team that I was on. HotShotX is the leader and it's not really in use anymore. I think it's the original one that's just named "CAG"

One of the CAG clans with only about a dozen people or so is from Halo 3. It was made as the CAG Grifball Team that I was on. HotShotX is the leader and it's not really in use anymore. I think it's the original one that's just named "CAG"
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310214-destiny-discussion-thread-fear-the-moon-wizards-on-september-9th/?p=12085033

I got on a fireteam for the first time (I had to adjust my router for it to work). The guy went right in to the Queen's missions and the 3rd guy dropped. We did 4 of them. Most of them weren't too bad except for the repeat of the end boss. That was kind of a nightmare. We had to restart from the last checkpoint (which is fortunately just the final statue) like 10 times. He finally beat it while I was dead ;).

In any case, you definitely want to do these if you can because it seems to be a guaranteed legendary armor item. I got a helmet and THREE chest pieces. Even though they were all the same thing, the last one I got had a bit more discipline/strength to it, so at least I was able to upgrade that a bit.

I'm not sure if you can get any other pieces or if that is all.

It sure would have been easier if the 3rd guy had been with us though. Especially since I'm not all that great at this game (or any shooters, really).

The Angry Joe review makes me want to trade my copy in. There are a lot of really good points.
The thing is since it's Activision I don't see this game having too many sales, so trade it in if your never going to play it again.

First legendary engram last night in a crucible game, two strange coins. Hopefully soon I see something purple.

Im on just about everyday during the daytime. My GT is the same as here. Just message me that your from CAG. It'll be nice to play as a group and not with randoms dropping out midway. On Xbox one.

Psssh let me know when you decrypt legendary engrams for other classes' exotics.

Already made other class characters just so I can put those on them.

That makes NO sense at all.
I meant trade it in if you have no feelings to revisit it at some point. I noticed Activision is pretty stingy on sales sometimes with their high profile games (Call of Duty), and I think Destiny might be the same way. I know some gamers will trade a game in with intent to rebuy when it's bargin bin.

Now that I'm getting more purple gear and that they are making it easier, I'm enjoying the game a little more. I can't help but feel like there's not enough real substance for as long as this game has been in development for. I expected a lot of end game content seeing as that was advertised as the route for this style game.  I haven't done Glass Vault or whatever it's called yet because when my group was going I was only level 22 but now I'm 26 so I plan to check it out this weekend.

My new whiny complaint: The crucible. I can't help but lol when I play pvp anymore every fight is either a death or near death, the shotguns and fusion rifles are so inconsistent and I think I'm lagging too in most matches, but I can't be for sure because there's no indicator and not unlike the COD franchise, this game hides the lag very well.  Either way, getting that crucible rep and marks for more gear!!!

I managed to farm 27 strange coins, I have enough rep and marks for another vanguard piece and I'm 240 rep away from a crucible piece.  I just bought the warlock bond with the fire from the vanguard vendor since I didn't want to spend my motes, it looks pretty cool so I'm satisfied.  :D/

BxJoka814 said:
So far i picked up 4 Legendary engrams, I'm a Warlock, 3 of them were for a hunter and 1 for a titan. :bomb:
Hey, at least you are getting purples. I got one purple weapon with a purple engram that dropped in the cave. But every single purple engram from he Cryptarch (and I must have gotten 4 or 5 by now) has become a blue.

hustletron said:
I managed to farm 27 strange coins, I have enough rep and marks for another vanguard piece and I'm 240 rep away from a crucible piece. I just bought the warlock bond with the fire from the vanguard vendor since I didn't want to spend my motes, it looks pretty cool so I'm satisfied. :D/
What is the point of saving motes? Aren't they only for cosmetic items from the Speaker? I am close to being able to get one of the 25 mote items and I want to be sure there is no other use for them before I do that.

The coins are used for Exotic gear, right? My problem is that I have no interest in PvP so I'm not getting them that way. I think I have 8 or so just from random engrams and other rewards.

Hey, at least you are getting purples. I got one purple weapon with a purple engram that dropped in the cave. But every single purple engram from he Cryptarch (and I must have gotten 4 or 5 by now) has become a blue.

What is the point of saving motes? Aren't they only for cosmetic items from the Speaker? I am close to being able to get one of the 25 mote items and I want to be sure there is no other use for them before I do that.

The coins are used for Exotic gear, right? My problem is that I have no interest in PvP so I'm not getting them that way. I think I have 8 or so just from random engrams and other rewards.
Xur the secret vendor that comes on the weekend takes your motes for exotic engrams! Coins for exotic gear too. If you do the level 22 weekly strike you can get 3 coins every week. Another 3 for the 26 and then a final 3 more for the 28 strike.

gotdott said:
Xur the secret vendor that comes on the weekend takes your motes for exotic engrams! Coins for exotic gear too. If you do the level 22 weekly strike you can get 3 coins every week. Another 3 for the 26 and then a final 3 more for the 28 strike.
How many motes for an engram? And how many coins for the gear?

And what's with this "weekend" thing? Bungie has an odd definition for that. He was there last Friday night when I didn't have anything to trade so I didn't pay much attention to what he had and how much they cost. Then I went there Saturday night and the bastard was gone. It was probably late at night (ie, really Sunday morning). But that's still the weekend as I understand it.

Tried one of the Queen's Wrath missions on my own and it did not go too well.  Most likely won't be getting any of that Legendary gear.  I am still not sure why they won't just add matchmaking to these missions.

Anyway, I am 2 upgrades away from fully upgrading my Legendary Helmet. I already have the XP but I need 11 more ascendent shards and I have to go collect more spirit bloom.

How many motes for an engram? And how many coins for the gear?

And what's with this "weekend" thing? Bungie has an odd definition for that. He was there last Friday night when I didn't have anything to trade so I didn't pay much attention to what he had and how much they cost. Then I went there Saturday night and the bastard was gone. It was probably late at night (ie, really Sunday morning). But that's still the weekend as I understand it.
He's there Friday morning through Sunday morning. The engram was 23 motes iirc. Armor was 13 coins and weapons were 17. Also sells random things like sparrow upgrades.

Tried one of the Queen's Wrath missions on my own and it did not go too well. Most likely won't be getting any of that Legendary gear. I am still not sure why they won't just add matchmaking to these missions.

Anyway, I am 2 upgrades away from fully upgrading my Legendary Helmet. I already have the XP but I need 11 more ascendent shards and I have to go collect more spirit bloom.
You can keep backing out until it gives you the Restoration mission (mission 2 with the warp drive). All you have to really fight for that is a room full of vandals/shielded shanks and the boss - you can pick them off from the entrance. I think the solar attribute works particularly well. Then scrap your extras (currently only dropping helm/armor and randomly sniper/ship) for shards!

I'm able to solo most if not all the Queen's Wrath missions, some are easier than others, the bosses are not hard, 1 to 2 rockets from a legendary rocket launcher and they are dead, the problem is the overwhelming numbers solo. You have to play very carefully.  I'm using Sunsinger and can solo usually no problem.

On a side note, damn is it ever hard to farm spinmetal on earth!!!! I can farm helium coils no problem all day on the moon but spinmetal is very hard to come by. Save them up if you're still leveling, my legendary pulse rifle needs 18 spin metal to max upgrade, save your helium coils too!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back