Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do weapons work in the Crucible? If someone has a "basic" weapon that does say 100 damage and another player has a "legendary" weapon that does 300 damage how does the game balance that out? Is the first player always going to lose that gunfight to the second player? Or does the game treat all weapons the same once you go into the Crucible? How about armor and health?
All base weapons and armor are normalized but the weapon progression, armor progression, abilities and character progression are not.

Where's XUR at? He was behind the Bounty guy last time, but he's not there now. I feel bad for the Queen all the way in the back by her lonesome lol. I think it's safe to say this is the most confusing game EVER!! haha

Interesting find:

For the Queen's Wrath event, if you are wearing the buyable Shader and Emblem from the Queen your Queen's Bounties give bonus Queen Reputation.  What normally would give +50 reputation gave me +60, and what would normally give +100 gave +121.  This was testing using the Rank 1 available Queen's items (1 shader and 1 emblem).

Boom shaka laka.

Where's XUR at? He was behind the Bounty guy last time, but he's not there now. I feel bad for the Queen all the way in the back by her lonesome lol. I think it's safe to say this is the most confusing game EVER!! haha
In the shipyard. There is a new area, if you are facing the Vanguard Armory or facing the stairs to the chick selling ships and sparrow's, the stairway down is to the left. Or, if you are facing the emo faction (can't remember which one it is, Dead Orbit maybe?) the stairs are to the right. Xur is all the way in the back.

Finally got my 50th Dead Ghost for the achievement tonight. No way in hell I would have without a guide. Some of them were hidden in just ridiculously stupid places.

Tried PvP tonight and I actually really liked it. There are the occasional times when it feels cheap but I am sure that is happening for everyone. Using your super in game (golden gun for me) is pretty awesome when I explode 3 guns in a row. I will definitely try to play that some more. Also I always thought the guns from Crucible vendors were only for PvP but I guess the guns you have are the ones you use in both so it is at least another route to Legendaries.

Of yeah I finally got another Legendary engram to decrypt to a legendary item and it turns out to be a helment which is the only legendary I have. I am thinking I should just scrap it for materials since it is basically the same. How many shards will it break into? I still need 8 to fully upgrade my Helmet.
I would say another option is to keep it in case you want to make another character so they jump from 20 to whatever level. I have two characters currently doing the daily public events so I can get multiple shards a day.

lvl 28 titan looking for fireteam for weekly nightfall strike

or even weekly heroic strike, could probably solo it, but don't want to spend the time running circles around nexus

gt Tony20811

Holy fuck just pulled an Exotic helmet for my class off a Legendary Engram I don't even know how I got (was sitting at the postmaster). Second item of legendary or better quality. My Sunday has been made :D/ .

Last edited by a moderator:
who made the schedule for xur needs to be shot! Should be 12am Friday to 12am Monday. Finally got 13 coins to get gear and he has left already.

Can we make a new CAG clan on bungie? Seems like the old one is dead, I've tried to join and it just sits there.

bear489 said:
who made the schedule for xur needs to be shot! Should be 12am Friday to 12am Monday. Finally got 13 coins to get gear and he has left already.

Can we make a new CAG clan on bungie? Seems like the old one is dead, I've tried to join and it just sits there.
The one to use is the CAGcast one.

I stand corrected. Two Legendary Engrams today, both produced Exotic gear. Exotic Sniper Rifle and Exotic Headpiece, holy fuck .

Did Bungie do something to the game, or did I just get extremely lucky?

Sir_Fragalot said:
I stand corrected. Two Legendary Engrams today, both produced Exotic gear. Exotic Sniper Rifle and Exotic Headpiece, holy fuck .

Did Bungie do something to the game, or did I just get extremely lucky?
I dunno, but yesterday I had a legendary engram pop from a replay of the second story mission (for a bounty). And it was only the second (out of 10-15) to actually turn into a legendary. Unfortunately it was a helm and I already had the Queen one plus an exotic one. So now I have 3 different legendary/exotic helmets for my Titan to play dress-up with ;).

I started a Warlock run, and I'm up to level 10 for that. It was nice to be able to access my cache of uncommon (and soon rare) weapons from my previous playthrough. I had some nice stuff for those early levels.

I still want to do a weekly heroic strike to get some coins. I was 3 short this week for Xur (though I did buy the exotic helmet engram with my motes and it turned out to be the one I am now using on my Titan).

I'll probably be on in a bit if anyone is up for that this evening.

Is anyone having connection problems right now?  For me it seems the servers are down and i can't log in.  I keep getting the same message that i heard about, was the same message when the servers were getting hacked last time.

So I read they are patching the game next week and reducing the trolling from the cryptarch, legendary engrams will always produce legendary items or materials, same with rare engrams. Also any legendary engrams you are hanging onto when the patch goes live will be reduced to rare engrams. I was originally going to save them until the patch but since I read that, kind of ruins my plans.

I'm hurting bad for ascendant mats since I got an exotic helm and Bad juju and all my gear upgrades are unlocked I just can't upgrade cuz mats are so hard to come by.

No, you just need to realize that you aren't the center of the universe.

That time works great to cover most of the weekend for the entire world and not just your house.

So I read they are patching the game next week and reducing the trolling from the cryptarch, legendary engrams will always produce legendary items or materials, same with rare engrams. Also any legendary engrams you are hanging onto when the patch goes live will be reduced to rare engrams. I was originally going to save them until the patch but since I read that, kind of ruins my plans.

I'm hurting bad for ascendant mats since I got an exotic helm and Bad juju and all my gear upgrades are unlocked I just can't upgrade cuz mats are so hard to come by.
Make sure you do the daily story quest and up the difficulty - changing it to level 24 gives you 1 ascendant material and 28 gives you 2. If you do this you are guaranteed 2-4 mats a day if you get the daily reward for public events too.

genneo said:
No, you just need to realize that you aren't the center of the universe.

That time works great to cover most of the weekend for the entire world and not just your house.
When it covers only half the weekend (plus 2 hours) it isn't "most of the weekend". If they insist on making Friday at 2am (Pacific) as the start of this mythical weekend, they should also just throw Sunday in there. Why not make it 2am Friday to 2am Monday? That covers the whole weekend for the entire world.

My only objection, really was in people referring to it as the weekend, when it really isn't. It is an arbitrary 2-day time period ;). I'm not sure if Bungie did this or just people on the Internet talking about the game.

Doesn't matter to me this week, anyway, as I was still 3 coins short of getting a weapon from him. Hopefully I can get those this week. It seems, though, that no one wants to do the heroic strikes once the weekend comes around because they already did them earlier in the week (just after the Monday night reset).

When it covers only half the weekend (plus 2 hours) it isn't "most of the weekend". If they insist on making Friday at 2am (Pacific) as the start of this mythical weekend, they should also just throw Sunday in there. Why not make it 2am Friday to 2am Monday? That covers the whole weekend for the entire world.My only objection, really was in people referring to it as the weekend, when it really isn't. It is an arbitrary 2-day time period ;). I'm not sure if Bungie did this or just people on the Internet talking about the game.Doesn't matter to me this week, anyway, as I was still 3 coins short of getting a weapon from him. Hopefully I can get those this week. It seems, though, that no one wants to do the heroic strikes once the weekend comes around because they already did them earlier in the week (just after the Monday night reset).
Have you added me? I'm always on and willing to do the weekly challenge. That's what got me the other day, finally found a partner who could do the challange but when we got done I missed the cut off time by a few hrs.

[quote name="bear489" post="12127334" timestamp="1412034248"]Have you added me? I'm always on and willing to do the weekly challenge. That's what got me the other day, finally found a partner who could do the challange but when we got done I missed the cut off time by a few hrs.[/quote]
I think that was me, right? ;-)
I had already done it about 4 times at that point I think. I just don't mind helping fellow forum members out. I figure I help somebody and hopefully it just keeps getting paid forward. Eventually it comes back around. :)

Make sure you do the daily story quest and up the difficulty - changing it to level 24 gives you 1 ascendant material and 28 gives you 2. If you do this you are guaranteed 2-4 mats a day if you get the daily reward for public events too.
2 ascendant materials for daily stories for level 24 and it's pretty well known that most of the time your just getting energies.

2 ascendant materials for daily stories for level 24 and it's pretty well known that most of the time your just getting energies.
? it specifically says 1 for level 24 and that's what I get when I do it on my alt who is too low for the 28. I also don't get energies "most of the time" - did it a bunch of times with chubbyninja and other people this weekend and several shards dropped.

It really bothers me all the oversight in this game on things as simple as being able to look at your standing faction reputations without having to physically go to the faction vendor. How could Bungie be this bad at making games all of a sudden? Before people starting saying it's Activision's fault (probably is) I don't know if I can full buy that, that's all the rage over on the Destiny forums but I think most of the hate is stemming from the COD franchise.

They really did strip this game down from what I remember being purported as a huge next gen flagship title for both consoles.

It really bothers me all the oversight in this game on things as simple as being able to look at your standing faction reputations without having to physically go to the faction vendor. How could Bungie be this bad at making games all of a sudden? Before people starting saying it's Activision's fault (probably is) I don't know if I can full buy that, that's all the rage over on the Destiny forums but I think most of the hate is stemming from the COD franchise.

They really did strip this game down from what I remember being purported as a huge next gen flagship title for both consoles.
Agreed. Although, I want to believe that Destiny will be a very different game a few months from now and Bungie will listen to us and improve the overall experience.

Contrary to the popular bandwagon disappointment in this game I absolutely love it.

I have put in countless hours now across the X1 and PS4 and am working my way to being able to beat the Vault of Glass on Hard with my buddies. The constant supply of rewards through the Daily events and then Weeklies is nice. You can mix it up from PvE story to Strike to PvP by the click of a button and not to mention the gameplay itself is the most tight shooter made.

I understand that the game has its drawbacks that don't make it transcend to a godly level of gaming, but for what it is, I personally have been having an amazing time with it and it keeps throwing me off seeing all of the negative feedback for what overall is an amazing game with minor issues. In regards to the longevity, they already are opening up new events and different Crucible things and it is being mixed up and in the coming months we will see quite a few new Strike missions as well as at least 2 more Raids and then even more Story missions.

Just wish dailys and weekly have match making too.. Hate it when you can only play at night and most of the people i added are already aswell. So i end up obly doing vanguard strikr playlists.

So I am enjoying the PvP a lot more than I thought I would. I avoided it for the first 2 weeks because I thought I would suck but I give about as much as I get which if fun enough for me.  My only real complaints are the shotgun and bladedancer. Also I can only really play Control or Clash because the 3v3 game types really suck when you cannot communicate with people and you are playing Salvage with randoms who just take off and not stay grouped.  Also the Salvage game mode needs tweeking.  I lost a match where we capped every relic but because we could not defend it the entire time we lost.  It is almost not worth capturing the control point when you only have 3 players to defend.

I got a exotic bounty a few days ago for the Pocket Infinity.  Not looking forward to needing 200 pulse rifle kills on Nightfall strikes.   I also do not like the exotic bounty takes a bounty slot since they take forever to do and I only get 4 slots for the dailies. 

I got a exotic bounty a few days ago for the Pocket Infinity. Not looking forward to needing 200 pulse rifle kills on Nightfall strikes. I also do not like the exotic bounty takes a bounty slot since they take forever to do and I only get 4 slots for the dailies.
I just got this bounty last night too and I am at the part where you have to get *200 fusion rifle (I assume that's what you meant too) kills and yeah...it sucks. Shit is hard enough to kill in nightfall, let alone trying to make sure you do it with your secondary weapon. The "juggler" modifier that is on for nightfall strikes makes it harder too as no ammo will drop for the weapon you are currently using....so yeah, it sucks.

And as far as your second point about taking up a slot, I happen to have two exotic bounties currently. I got one last night and one the day before. So I guess it's good I got them, but yeah...they are taking up two of my slots while I try to finish them.

I am yet to receive a freaking exotic bounty. I am 28 and do all the bounties, play all the daily and weeklies, have gone through the Raid three times now and yet here I am with no exotic bounties! Lame.

Also, Bladedancer sucks yeah but only in close proximity. If you can get some distance on one it isnt all that bad. In reality it is just as bad as the others, I mean hell as my Voidwalker I can shoot one shot that destroys the entire team if they are clumped in the blink of an eye. I feel the Bladedancer seems worse because they are so agile while doing so. To balance it though I feel like the rest of the Bladedancer's skills are not as strong as the other classes.

BUT THOSE SHOTGUNS, yeah they have far too much range at times I feel like. As a Warlock I use them all the time because it really is effective, shotgun then melee and dead. Overall though I will be glad to see them nerfed a bit.

I am yet to receive a freaking exotic bounty. I am 28 and do all the bounties, play all the daily and weeklies, have gone through the Raid three times now and yet here I am with no exotic bounties! Lame.

Also, Bladedancer sucks yeah but only in close proximity. If you can get some distance on one it isnt all that bad. In reality it is just as bad as the others, I mean hell as my Voidwalker I can shoot one shot that destroys the entire team if they are clumped in the blink of an eye. I feel the Bladedancer seems worse because they are so agile while doing so. To balance it though I feel like the rest of the Bladedancer's skills are not as strong as the other classes.

BUT THOSE SHOTGUNS, yeah they have far too much range at times I feel like. As a Warlock I use them all the time because it really is effective, shotgun then melee and dead. Overall though I will be glad to see them nerfed a bit.
Exotic bounties are random, so don't get discouraged. I have only gotten the Pocket Infinity bounty which was a pain in the ass to complete. Meanwhile my two buddies have 3 each respectively.

I was amazed at hand cannons in PVP if you can headshot.

Its a pain but at close ranges it's pretty much a shotgun. Medium ranges its a body and headshot.

CAGkrazy said:
Just wish dailys and weekly have match making too.. Hate it when you can only play at night and most of the people i added are already aswell. So i end up obly doing vanguard strikr playlists.
I play at night too. What's your gamertag? I want try at least one Heroic strike or daily story or whatnot. I have yet to do one because of the lack of matchmaking on those.

I added 3 or 4 more from the last couple of pages too (those who have their gamertag on the CAG profile).

Tried my best to solo the weekly tonight.  Got to the final boss but he is such a bullet sponge I would run out of ammo before I could beat him.  That was a waste of over an hour.  Good news is I have 13 strange coins after getting one in the Crucible. bad news is that I got another exotic bounty and it requires me to spend 1 coin to advance. Hopefully I get another before Friday so I can do both.

Tried my best to solo the weekly tonight. Got to the final boss but he is such a bullet sponge I would run out of ammo before I could beat him. That was a waste of over an hour. Good news is I have 13 strange coins after getting one in the Crucible. bad news is that I got another exotic bounty and it requires me to spend 1 coin to advance. Hopefully I get another before Friday so I can do both.
Hit me up this week and we can do the daily/weeklies. I'm probably going to be playing every night this week because I want to knock out the achievement for capping Vanguard marks.

Anyone know when the patch 1.0.2 is due out? Gonna stop playing until then, and move onto Diablo 3 and Forza Horizon 2.
Yeah I thought it was going to roll out when the new week started but hopefully it will be patched before the weekend.

Another side note: The Grimoire has been updated on the companion app and the website. It is A LOT better now. It shows your bonuses and the ones you are close to plus the cards respond faster and are easier to navigate. I might actually read them now.

Yeah I thought it was going to roll out when the new week started but hopefully it will be patched before the weekend.

Another side note: The Grimoire has been updated on the companion app and the website. It is A LOT better now. It shows your bonuses and the ones you are close to plus the cards respond faster and are easier to navigate. I might actually read them now.
I had been contemplating trying out that app. I will definitely install it tonight then and check it out!

*EDIT*

I was thinking about the app the other day actually and was thinking how cool it would be if you could change your specs in the middle of the game with that app. Like weapon swapping to other primary or secondaries or even changing subclasses and stuff. That way you wouldnt break the flow of the game nearly as much especially when in the fray or just a dangerous place in general.

I had been contemplating trying out that app. I will definitely install it tonight then and check it out!

*EDIT*

I was thinking about the app the other day actually and was thinking how cool it would be if you could change your specs in the middle of the game with that app. Like weapon swapping to other primary or secondaries or even changing subclasses and stuff. That way you wouldnt break the flow of the game nearly as much especially when in the fray or just a dangerous place in general.
Bungie should map those functions to the D-Pad instead. Someone on GAF made a mockup of it as well (having a hard time finding it now). That said, the app is pretty good.

*EDIT*

Yeah I wish you could do purchases through the app also. I need 10 rare fusion rifles for my exotic bounty and the gunsmith was selling them yesterday morning but I was at work. It would have been nice to make those purchases through the app or the website. I would not be surprised if they get that function eventually since you can see what everyone is selling and your own gear so why not allow purchases.

Yeah using the D-pad for only social interactions seems like a waste during combat situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back