Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling about done with Destiny for awhile. To upgrade all my gear it's looking like over 70 ascended shards and I don't feel like grinding for that, or rep grinding.
My thing now is I keep telling myself I will hop on and grab the 2 materials you get everyday just from Public Event and the harder daily heroic but I end up staying for 3 hours. I need to find another game that hooks me right now.

Buddies and I plowed through the Vault of Glass last night for a new record time for us! 57 minutes!

I got TWO pieces of leg armor which was bogus seeing as I need a helmet too but hey, I am not complaining that I got legs at all. Now I am down to 28 again though until I get some more XP to get those back up (I already have like 27 ascendant shards waiting). Once I get the XP I will be just a few light points away from 30 : D I also was able to score the Raid Rocket Launcher whose name is escaping me as well as.... ATHEONS EPILOGUE!! Gah I was so excited. This seriously was the best Raid I have done so far in regards to rewards. Normally I am lucky to get ONE thing that isnt just ascendant material and this time I got 4. It was crazy.

We also did the cheesing Atheon off the edge and it worked pretty well but felt so empty haha. Once you have beaten the Raid in the double digits now though I didnt mind!

Tonight after work I dont have class so it is working out, eating and Destiny all night haha I am going to be grinding for XP to hopefully get me back to 29 and then like I said I am more than happy to help you guys through the Raid. I will start adding people and just go from there tonight!

[quote name="cancerman1120" post="12146446" timestamp="1412771279"]My thing now is I keep telling myself I will hop on and grab the 2 materials you get everyday just from Public Event and the harder daily heroic but I end up staying for 3 hours. I need to find another game that hooks me right now.[/quote]

I would recommend FH2. Also check out Shadow of Mordor, lots of people seem to be enjoying it.

I got TWO pieces of leg armor which was bogus seeing as I need a helmet too but hey, I am not complaining that I got legs at all. Now I am down to 28 again though until I get some more XP to get those back up (I already have like 27 ascendant shards waiting). Once I get the XP I will be just a few light points away from 30 : D I also was able to score the Raid Rocket Launcher whose name is escaping me as well as.... ATHEONS EPILOGUE!! Gah I was so excited!
Atheon's epilogue, very nice!! Void damage on a primary is a big plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah hell yeah. I instantly threw my Suros aside for that Void damage boost!

I have my Ice Breaker set now as my primary Exotic Weapon now and man I absolutely love that gun too.
Damn...I had to look AE up again. I was thinking it was an exotic, which it is not...so even better. AE and icebreaker is a great combo.

I'm using suros as well, but I would drop it for AE and icebreaker all day.

Damn...I had to look AE up again. I was thinking it was an exotic, which it is not...so even better. AE and icebreaker is a great combo.

I'm using suros as well, but I would drop it for AE and icebreaker all day.
Now just to level them all up!

Exotics and Legendaries take forever. But luckily I have them all equipped at once for the main ones I need XP for.

Atheon's Epilogue, Ice Breaker and then Hezen Vengeance. Also have my Boots of the Hezen Lord to boost up as well.

The killer for me is that I love running the Raid. I love helping out random teams or other friends and all that to get through it. The downside though that means each sitting I get is dedicated to that... which nets you no XP and since I always beat it right away I never actually am getting rewards either. It is kind of bogus that I could level up more by getting stupid bounties and playing level 20 missions instead of pushing through the hardest stuff in the game.

If anything give us some Raid bounties or something!

I just added everyone that posted. It looks like in terms of matching for tonight we have more people than can jump in so like I said I have added you all and if you ever need help or want to do a Vault run and need people I have plenty always on.

As stated before, make sure you guys have the CAGcast clan all set up and so then I can more easily check who is where and stuff. Plus then we can get that achievement.

I will probably hop on after work at 6pm central. Do some bounties and the daily and then work out and get some food in me. Then I will jump in around 8pm central then and try to feel out who is online and try to go from there!

I will probably hop on after work at 6pm central. Do some bounties and the daily and then work out and get some food in me. Then I will jump in around 8pm central then and try to feel out who is online and try to go from there!
I will be around 8pm as well. As you pointed out, it looks like there are definitely more than 6 people wanting to raid. It seems we just need to figure out who all is going on this epic journey. I'm voting that we go alphabetically by gamertag...seems only fair ;)

I will be around 8pm as well. As you pointed out, it looks like there are definitely more than 6 people wanting to raid. It seems we just need to figure out who all is going on this epic journey. I'm voting that we go alphabetically by gamertag...seems only fair ;)
Hahah honestly I was just going to invite anyone with the CAGcast clan when I check around 8pm central. If there are more than 5 on at that time I will just go by highest levels since the higher the level the better the Raid performance!

As said however, even if I can't help people out tonight, I pretty much only play the Raid now because I find it so fun. I do not get any rewards which sucks but whatever my guy is so close to max anyway. But yeah so if I can't help tonight just shoot me a message through Xbox whenever!

I'm interested in doing the raid but cant do it tonight.  Also interested in doing some Iron Banner or Nightfall strikes. GT is Sinfulfate, I'm on Xbox One.

If you end up needing an extra for the raid tonight let me know.  I'll be on around 9pm Eastern.  GT is DRUNKZ 27.  I run a lvl 25 Hunter

I must be good luck or something cuz one of the guys I was playing with got 2 legendary engrams within a couple hours while we were doing daily stuff.  Still none for me though... :(

If you end up needing an extra for the raid tonight let me know. I'll be on around 9pm Eastern. GT is DRUNKZ 27. I run a lvl 25 Hunter

I must be good luck or something cuz one of the guys I was playing with got 2 legendary engrams within a couple hours while we were doing daily stuff. Still none for me though... :(
Definitely need to level up before you can help out in a Raid. We notice a big difference just when we run the Raid with a 27 let alone a 25. With the new Cryptarch update hopefully you will be able to hit 27 or so soon!

Definitely need to level up before you can help out in a Raid. We notice a big difference just when we run the Raid with a 27 let alone a 25. With the new Cryptarch update hopefully you will be able to hit 27 or so soon!
Yea, I know I need to level up more to help just throwing it out there if you end up short and want a full raid team for the achievement. Not sure if the raid scales to the amount of people or not. Based on the amount of people who have posted you should have enough anyways.

I have been working on getting leveled up higher the past few days but am just behind because I did not play much the first couple of weeks after release. Was there another update to the cryptarch or do you mean the one from last week?

Yea, I know I need to level up more to help just throwing it out there if you end up short and want a full raid team for the achievement. Not sure if the raid scales to the amount of people or not. Based on the amount of people who have posted you should have enough anyways.

I have been working on getting leveled up higher the past few days but am just behind because I did not play much the first couple of weeks after release. Was there another update to the cryptarch or do you mean the one from last week?
I just meant the one from last week is all.

Plus if you are a PvP player you could use the Iron Banner for some new gear too

Seems like most people in the past few pages are on the XB1.

If anyone is on the 360 and would like in on raids during the weekends, please share your gamertag.  I have been doing weekly raids on weekends with regular groups, but sometimes we need 1 or 2 extra people due to scheduling.  Will be running hard raids (level 29/30 only) and regular raids (any level, preferably 26+) so something for everyone.  If it's your first time, that's ok, too.  We'll walk you through it.

Seems like most people in the past few pages are on the XB1.

If anyone is on the 360 and would like in on raids during the weekends, please share your gamertag. I have been doing weekly raids on weekends with regular groups, but sometimes we need 1 or 2 extra people due to scheduling. Will be running hard raids (level 29/30 only) and regular raids (any level, preferably 26+) so something for everyone. If it's your first time, that's ok, too. We'll walk you through it.
I would be down for trying the Raid this weekend. My gamertag is Cancerman1120 and I am a CAGcast clan member. I am currently a Level 27 Gunslinger Hunter. By the weekend I might be level 28 though.

I just meant the one from last week is all.

Plus if you are a PvP player you could use the Iron Banner for some new gear too
Yea, I played a little bit last night just for the marks. Man I am horrible though. At least you get 100 marks for slogging through 33-50 games in a weeks time.

I need to get some strange coins though so I can at least get an exotic.

Do Legendary/Exotic weapons add to your light level?

Yea, I played a little bit last night just for the marks. Man I am horrible though. At least you get 100 marks for slogging through 33-50 games in a weeks time.

I need to get some strange coins though so I can at least get an exotic.

Do Legendary/Exotic weapons add to your light level?
Weapons do not add to your Light, only armor.

One thing a bunch of people don't seem to do and this is moreso a PSA to everyone who has legendary gear but cannot level it up.

Level your base Vanguard up to at least Level 2 and then you can just buy armor from them using Vanguard marks and then just deconstruct them for the Ascendant Shards. You are guaranteed an addition 3 pieces then to deconstruct a week if you just do patrol and strike missions/bounties. Legs broke down to 3 shards each for me and they only cost 65 marks. Being able to score 200 a week there is 9 shards!

Couple of quick stupid questions.

1. Where is the best place to farm Glimmer?

2. What are the symbols that appear next to some of the weapons and what do they mean?

2. What are the symbols that appear next to some of the weapons and what do they mean?
No quick way to farm Glimmer. But you can make it less tedious by tracking public events during patrols ( http://destinypublicevents.com/ )on the Cosmodrome AND remember to use an Ether Seed (check your inventory, you probably have some) to boost the amount of glimmer you earn from killing Fallen.

Symbols are Solar, Void and Arc. Solar is the fire symbol, Void is the purple drain, Arc is the circular saw blade

I have never had to farm glimmer, so I don't have a good answer for you. I would just use the consumables that increases glimmer based on whatever you are killing.

The symbols are the type of damage your weapon does. Void, solar, arc, and kinetic.

Does anyone have a hard mode checkpoint on the VoG right at the final boss, Atheon?

My buddies ran it the other day without me like little jerks but we could easily beat the final boss using the cheese method as we have before and we are all 29s and 30s.

Or if you know anyone with that checkpoint even I would gladly work with just a name even haha

If you notice some enemies like the Fallen Captains or Vex Minotaurs have different colored shields around them - the color corresponds with the ones on your weapons which will take them down faster. This is more important on the harder difficulties because if you use anything else the damage will be minimal it will most likely say "immune"

cancerman1120 said:
My thing now is I keep telling myself I will hop on and grab the 2 materials you get everyday just from Public Event and the harder daily heroic but I end up staying for 3 hours. I need to find another game that hooks me right now.
I keep hearing people say the daily heroic story gives materials but I've done it two nights in a row and not gotten anything decent. I think I got a blue engram one time and a mote of light the other. I've definitely not gotten ascendant stuff. The public event seems more reliable though.

BrolyB593 said:
Weapons do not add to your Light, only armor.

One thing a bunch of people don't seem to do and this is moreso a PSA to everyone who has legendary gear but cannot level it up.
Level your base Vanguard up to at least Level 2 and then you can just buy armor from them using Vanguard marks and then just deconstruct them for the Ascendant Shards. You are guaranteed an addition 3 pieces then to deconstruct a week if you just do patrol and strike missions/bounties. Legs broke down to 3 shards each for me and they only cost 65 marks. Being able to score 200 a week there is 9 shards!
OK, wait, what? I thought they turned this off (getting ascendant shards from dismantling armor). I know you could do that with the Queen's gear early on and then they hotfixed that so it didn't work any more. I had only dismantled one at that time and I have several more that I just kept in case there was ever any trading/selling added in later. Are you telling me that normal legendaries break down into ascendant shards? I just thought I'd get like 4 plasteel platings and I'd be pissed so I never tried it. I do actually have some extra legendary leggings.

For my warlock, I'm actually short on regular armor parts (hadronic essence I think it is). The loot cave would have been perfect for that. I just need greens and blues to dismantle. I mean, I'm not even up to the point of needed ascendant shards with her yet. I know there's a place you can farm right near the beginning of the cosmodrome now so maybe I'll do that some day when I'm bored. It just seems that I'm not getting drops very much any more during normal activities.

In any case, for tonight I definitely want to get in on a raid. You guys are all talking about starting too early. I might get in trouble with the family if I try 6 or 7pm Pacific... I can definitely do later though. 9 or 10 is ideal for me. We'll see...

You have to do the daily heroic on the hardest difficulty to get ascendant materials...it shows up in the pregame rewards.

Yes, all legendary weapons and armor break down into ascendant materials except the queen's stuff. They nerfed the queens gear be cuz it is so easy to get

AngryDragon888 said:
You have to do the daily heroic on the hardest difficulty to get ascendant materials...it shows up in the pregame rewards.

Yes, all legendary weapons and armor break down into ascendant materials except the queen's stuff. They nerfed the queens gear be cuz it is so easy to get
Damn, I always forget you can change the difficulty ;).

OK, well, then I have a couple of pieces to break down that were just extras. So maybe I can squeeze out one more armor upgrade before I do the VoG.

I cant get past lvl 25 to save my soul. Im doing Crucible bounties out the ass and still nothing
Looking at your character....bounties are not gonna help you. Your gear is maxed out experience wise....you need shards. So you need to do the daily story on hard and public events. Also need to buy legendary gear and break it down to get shards.

I was just on and played a little patrol with gotdott. But I had to jump off to take my kids to their swimming lesson. I'd really like to do the Raid tonight still. I'll be back on in about an hour (7:40 Pacific).

Looking at your character....bounties are not gonna help you. Your gear is maxed out experience wise....you need shards. So you need to do the daily story on hard and public events. Also need to buy legendary gear and break it down to get shards.
So many damn things to remember lol

Haha...yeah. Xp is doing absolutely nothing for you atm. You need light...therefore u need to upgrade your armor with shards.

Started playing as a Warlock tonight.  The jump is taking time to figure out but it was kind of nice to have to work at killing things.  Running Patrol on earth is like cruise control most nights.  I did get a Legendary to drop tonight and a blue engram that decoded into a Legendary pair of boots I already had.  I was able to scrounge enough Ascendent shards to have my exotic helm fully upgraded.  I think I will just need one more upgrade to my armor and I will be at 28.

Edit: I have played a bit of crucible and earned every achievement except the kill a Titan, Hunter and Warlock in one life.  Not sure how to go about doing this. I routinely get 5-7 kill streaks but never all 3 classes I guess.

Holy !%^@# was that raid exhausting. I hadn't eaten dinner yet so here I am making something to eat at midnight.

FYI - we started around 7:45-8 Pacific (it was so long ago I forgot).

And if Broly hadn't been there to guide us we would have never finished it.

My haul:

- 5 ascendant shards (maybe a few more - have 10 in my inventory and I might have only had a couple to begin with) + I think 2 ascendant energy
- Glass Minuet (legendary ship)
- Kabr's Forceful Greaves (max 293 vs. 270 for "regular" legendary greaves)
- Kabr's Wrath (Chest armor - max 439 vs. I think 430 for my Queen's Plate?)
- Atheon's Epilogue Auto Rifle

- oh yeah, and a spirit bloom and green something from that one crappy chest ;).

Gotdott told me earlier that the Raid gear has higher max light potential as well so getting them is the only way to go to level 30. I hate to lose my fully-upgraded Queen's Plate but this one will go higher. As it is, though, equipping both of those dropped me back almost to level 26. Now I don't mind grinding just a bit to get those upgraded. And fortunately I didn't get a helmet since I have my exotic maxed.

As for the weapon, I already had 2 Legendary primaries (Bad Seed Down pulse rifle and Cryptic Dragon scout rifle). I haven't used an auto-rifle since early in the game but Broly says this is one of the best weapons to get. And after he guided us through that Raid I'll take his word for it for sure!

So, did anyone else get any regular drops during the Raid? At one point about midway I got a green loot drop. I think it was just a helm. I found it odd that I got just the one with all the enemies we killed. You probably aren't supposed to get any but that one just glitched for some reason.

So now the Weekly Heroic and Nightfall strikes ought to be a breeze, eh?

I'd like to knock out one or both of those this week.

To just zone out and take it easy, I went to the "loot stairs" area. It is easier to get to and do than the original loot cave.

It is nice, sometimes, especially after a 4 hour+ raid, to shoot stuff mindlessly ;). I need to take my Warlock there to get those regular armor upgrade things from all the greens and blues that pop.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/7/6943017/new-destiny-loot-cave

Sounds like some good hauls!  I dozed off early so I couldn't join anyone.  But some guys and I are planning to hit the Raid with another veteran Friday night, so hopefully all goes well.  

Yeah, I didn't get on until it looked like the CAG gang was already well into it. I'm making an attempt with Sim this weekend. That haul sounds freaking great.

I can't believe there's an achievement for making it through a Raid with no fireteam member dying. Yeah, sure... Is that even remotely possible? I mean, if nothing else, we ran into plenty of glitches that would do us in from time to time.

Maybe if they add much easier Raids later that might be possible. But I think very few, if any, people are getting it on this particular Raid.

My haul:

- 5 ascendant shards (maybe a few more - have 10 in my inventory and I might have only had a couple to begin with) + I think 2 ascendant energy

- oh yeah, and a spirit bloom and green something from that one crappy chest ;).
Yeah, Damn....you cleaned up. A primary weapon and 2 armor pieces, very nice. I did not get any armor :( I got a sniper (the same one I had gotten last time I was in the raid) and a primary weapon -- vision of confluence. Definitely happy with the gun, it has solar damage. Interested to see how it does compared to suros once I get it leveled up.

So yeah, big thanks to Broly for holding our hand through it ;) and thanks to everyone else that went through. There were good times, bad times, cursing, cheering, plenty of guardians falling to their death...and of course dancing. All in all it was a good time.

I see most of the folks in this thread are XB1 gamers.  I'm on the PS4 looking to join a group for raids and other non-matchmaking events. PSN ID is wykeddragon1216.  Feel free to add.  Thanks!

I finished the run with pretty much all materials but it was quite the experience! People in the next room woke up pretty annoyed towards the end so I was on mute more and had my sound low which made Atheon only maybe just a bit harder haha. 

Thanks again Broly and everyone else who ventured down

My haul:

So, did anyone else get any regular drops during the Raid? At one point about midway I got a green loot drop. I think it was just a helm. I found it odd that I got just the one with all the enemies we killed. You probably aren't supposed to get any but that one just glitched for some reason.
You seriously got the most amazing set of drops, period. Hahah having played the Raid well into the double digits I have never seen anyone walk away with half of set of raid gear, best raid weapon and then the ship on top of that all in one go... their first completion to boot! You basically earned in that one shot how much I have gotten from the Raid ever haha so kudos to that kickass luck!!

I can't believe there's an achievement for making it through a Raid with no fireteam member dying. Yeah, sure... Is that even remotely possible? I mean, if nothing else, we ran into plenty of glitches that would do us in from time to time.

Maybe if they add much easier Raids later that might be possible. But I think very few, if any, people are getting it on this particular Raid.
I can totally see it as possible. Like I said my buddies and I all at level 29 and 30 can get through it consistently in about an hour with very few casualties and so I bet if we all maxed 30 and had maxed weapons and were playing it really carefully we could for sure get it done. On Hard mode there is no respawning anyway unless after a completion of a checkpoint so basically ideally you would never die on hard either! o_O

Yeah, Damn....you cleaned up. A primary weapon and 2 armor pieces, very nice. I did not get any armor :( I got a sniper (the same one I had gotten last time I was in the raid) and a primary weapon -- vision of confluence. Definitely happy with the gun, it has solar damage. Interested to see how it does compared to suros once I get it leveled up.

So yeah, big thanks to Broly for holding our hand through it ;) and thanks to everyone else that went through. There were good times, bad times, cursing, cheering, plenty of guardians falling to their death...and of course dancing. All in all it was a good time.
Yeah it was tons of fun. As I said I have played through countless times now and I still love going back in to help people even when I am not able to earn any rewards at that point myself just because it is so fun! And then the more people I help the more people I have on my list that are getting better and better and can play with whenever : D

Also to note on your weapon, having any sort of elemental damage on a primary is a godsend. When you get the damage modifiers on missions then that coincide with your primary it makes them a cakewalk (sort of : P)

I had an awesome time playing with everyone last night! I am so glad we got everyone through and you all walked away with some great stuff. Even a massive pocketful of Ascendant Material is great in itself!

Plus now we are all masters of jumping and teleporting through time gates : P

Also to note on your weapon, having any sort of elemental damage on a primary is a godsend. When you get the damage modifiers on missions then that coincide with your primary it makes them a cakewalk (sort of : P)
Oh yeah, I realize that. Plus it is a scout rifle that says it will fire fully auto once I level it up and because it is a legendary it will free me up to use an exotic as my secondary or heavy....so yeah, can't wait to get this thing leveled up.

Ok, my two buddies (both level 28), would like to do the raid. Would anybody from last night like to give it a go again tonight?
Got some stuff going on so I won't be able to tonight, but good luck to you. Hopefully you can get through the Atheon fight quicker than we did....that is where we spent most of our time :)

Well after doing some reading I finally understand the weapon ratings for the game.  I did not realize the rating (big number) is actually the modifier base on the enemy level.  I guess if you divide the rating by 10 then that indicates the level enemy and below the gun will deliver 100% damage.  The impact is the actual damage the gun delivers.  I have the Dr. Nope auto rifle and it has such a low impact score I am thinking of just scrapping it.

[quote name="Vulcan2422" post="12149116" timestamp="1412869066"]Ok, my two buddies (both level 28), would like to do the raid. Would anybody from last night like to give it a go again tonight?[/quote]
I could possibly, and maybe even have one other person to join in. Otherwise I would be down this weekend (or most weekends). I've done it once and have a machine gun that will help with oracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back