Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do get the difference in the coins if you run the weekly on easy(3 coins) than run it on the harder levels later on(3 or 6 coins). At least I did last night when I ran it on the mid level with two randoms.

Can we set something up for Wednesday or Thursday night or both?

Last edited by a moderator:
ajh2298 said:
You do get the difference in the coins if you run the weekly on easy(3 coins) than run it on the harder levels later on(3 or 6 coins). At least I did last night when I ran it on the mid level with two randoms.

What kind of something? You mean Vault of Glass? We did some hard mode kills last night - first time in a while I've done that. I'd be up for a Normal run this week but like I said I am crazy busy so someone else would have to organize it. If I'm around I'll help.

What kind of something? You mean Vault of Glass? We did some hard mode kills last night - first time in a while I've done that. I'd be up for a Normal run this week but like I said I am crazy busy so someone else would have to organize it. If I'm around I'll help.
I would be willing to do anything and as much as possible weekly, nightfall, VoG. Since Wednesday and Thursday ar going to be my only two possible nights I can play this week.

ajh2298 said:
I would be willing to do anything and as much as possible weekly, nightfall, VoG. Since Wednesday and Thursday ar going to be my only two possible nights I can play this week.
You said you don't have the DLC, right? So you won't be able to do next week's Nightfall or Heroic as it is supposed to be Omnigull.

Crap that sucks I guess maybe just the VoG and maybe the max level daily than. I plan on getting the season pass the next time I am close to my Microsoft Store which happens to be on the other side on town from me since I still have credit there. I was trying to hold out for a sale since I got burnt by the last two season passes I bought at full price (Titanfall & GoW3).

I wish I could let somene borrow my account for a few days I got both the Thorn and Bad Juju weapon bounties to do but I really suck at the Crucible.

ajh2298 said:
I wish I could let somene borrow my account for a few days I got both the Thorn and Bad Juju weapon bounties to do but I really suck at the Crucible.
I suck at Crucible as well and the Thorn bounty is a real pain (especially if you don't have a Void primary which I'm guessing you don't since they only come from VoG or hard mode Crota). But the Bad Juju one is not much trouble at all. For that one you just need to score points and you don't lose progress from getting killed like with the others. Just play Control - you get 75 points just for capturing a control point and you get points for kills (of course), but also assists, if your team wins, etc. It shouldn't take too long to knock that one out.

Weird they must have patched that after I had tried it before with no luck or something. I remember trying that when I was on the cusp and I didn't get jack.

I suck at Crucible as well and the Thorn bounty is a real pain (especially if you don't have a Void primary which I'm guessing you don't since they only come from VoG or hard mode Crota). But the Bad Juju one is not much trouble at all. For that one you just need to score points and you don't lose progress from getting killed like with the others. Just play Control - you get 75 points just for capturing a control point and you get points for kills (of course), but also assists, if your team wins, etc. It shouldn't take too long to knock that one out.
It pretty much is if you have word of crota or not primary wise. I absolutely hate Atheon's Epilogue. I ended up using Suros in primary and just camped heavy ammo and went to town with my LMG and my Void sniper. Thorn sucks to do as a hunter and easier as a voidwalker warlock or heck even a titan if you use void nades.

So we marathon'ed 1 gatekeeper and 3 Atheon kills as well as one whole hard crota raid. Linkin had his hard crota cherry popped. Also thanks to him and Glock as well for helping out with Atheon. On of the people in our (can I say that officially now io? ;) ) group still hadn't gotten the Vex and she got it last night. I only got a stinky Timepiece and my like 7th or 8th Fang of Ir Yut. Only exotic weapon I want now is my 3rd Gjallarhorn. ;)

I was planning on taking a break tonight from Destiny and pop in something else. Was debating playing some Titanfall or continue with either Sunset Overdrive or Ori... Then my buddy messages me and he needs gear so I may be heading up a normal VOG run.

Yeah, you are a part of that group as much as anyone else at this point.

Vendetta_x360 said:
I only got a stinky Timepiece and my like 7th or 8th Fang of Ir Yut. Only exotic weapon I want now is my 3rd Gjallarhorn. ;)

I was planning on taking a break tonight from Destiny and pop in something else. Was debating playing some Titanfall or continue with either Sunset Overdrive or Ori... Then my buddy messages me and he needs gear so I may be heading up a normal VOG run.
I got another Timepiece too (my second ever) and an Icebreaker from Atheon. Nice, but I never used my first Timepiece (and now it is outclassed by Oversoul Edict anyway), and I already have a maxed Icebreaker on each character...

Heh - if you need another for the casual VoG run let me know ;). Though really if there are any other CAGs who need to run it (like defiance or ajh) you should probably take them along instead.

So also on the 3 Atheon runs I got a Timebreaker (sparrow) on each one. What I didn't see drop at all was Chatterwhite. I wonder if they fixed that so it only drops once per character like Glowhoo. I also didn't see any VoG raid ships drop.

Does the weapons that the Vanguard Quartermaster change ever? I am like 30 marks short of being able to buy a weapon from them and really like the "Time on Target" Pulse Rifle they are selling.

Yeah, you are a part of that group as much as anyone else at this point.

I got another Timepiece too (my second ever) and an Icebreaker from Atheon. Nice, but I never used my first Timepiece (and now it is outclassed by Oversoul Edict anyway), and I already have a maxed Icebreaker on each character...

Heh - if you need another for the casual VoG run let me know ;). Though really if there are any other CAGs who need to run it (like defiance or ajh) you should probably take them along instead.

So also on the 3 Atheon runs I got a Timebreaker (sparrow) on each one. What I didn't see drop at all was Chatterwhite. I wonder if they fixed that so it only drops once per character like Glowhoo. I also didn't see any VoG raid ships drop.
I do believe Chatterwhite is only in normal raid as a drop on Atheon. I'm actually going to have to run my Titan for a normal Atheon kill one of these weeks to get it for her. I had tons but I deleted them all except 1. So actually my warlock probably needs one as well.

Also, I decided I probably won't be on for reset this week. I'm headed to Denver early Tuesday morning but I'm taking my Xbox with me. I'm taking a mini vacation from work/will be there for a friend's wedding. So I will be on during the week just not at reset.

My sister has a house in Denver, so I will have a nice stable internet connection. I normally would probably not bring my xbox but I've been a bit under the weather lately so going out and drinking with my friends would probably be a very poor decision.

OK, and you know I'll be out for the following reset so we may have a few weeks lapse here without much done. I'll probably just try to get the Nightfall done ASAP this week so I can hop into Iron Banner. Then I'll pick up Crota kills some time (even if it has to be via LFG) just for the chance at Hunger of Crota.

Oh, so last night I turned in 7 bounties on my Warlock and got just a single-choice exotic bounty. It was Thorn! I already have the Bad Juju and Invective bounties on my Warlock. So now I have all 3 crucicle-related bounties to run on my Warlock for Iron Banner. Unfortunately this means I'll have to run with Atheon's Epilogue or Word of Crota. I failed miserably using Word of Crota at the start of the last Iron Banner. But maybe I'll be better after having played it that whole week last time.

I also got another Bittersteel from Dead Orbit. I thought it was random, but I got Bittersteel at level 13 on both my Hunter and Warlock. There has to be some non-random (or at least threshold-based on top of random) way these are given out. I just find it hard to believe I got the exact same shader at the exact same level based on pure RNG.

OK, and you know I'll be out for the following reset so we may have a few weeks lapse here without much done. I'll probably just try to get the Nightfall done ASAP this week so I can hop into Iron Banner. Then I'll pick up Crota kills some time (even if it has to be via LFG) just for the chance at Hunger of Crota.

Oh, so last night I turned in 7 bounties on my Warlock and got just a single-choice exotic bounty. It was Thorn! I already have the Bad Juju and Invective bounties on my Warlock. So now I have all 3 crucicle-related bounties to run on my Warlock for Iron Banner. Unfortunately this means I'll have to run with Atheon's Epilogue or Word of Crota. I failed miserably using Word of Crota at the start of the last Iron Banner. But maybe I'll be better after having played it that whole week last time.

I also got another Bittersteel from Dead Orbit. I thought it was random, but I got Bittersteel at level 13 on both my Hunter and Warlock. There has to be some non-random (or at least threshold-based on top of random) way these are given out. I just find it hard to believe I got the exact same shader at the exact same level based on pure RNG.
I'll be on Tuesday night after I get settled in. A days worth of driving will take it out of me, especially if I am still battling this damn cold. So if you don't get the nightfalls done, I'll be down to do them especially if it is omni-bitch. As for raids, I'd be down to do normals on Tuesday night since I still want 2 more black hammers.

Or just run Vex and sit back and snipe and camp heavy with a LMG.

As for the shader :bomb: I'm 14 on my hunter and Dead Orbit and nothing. I switched 2 of my guys to FWC since I'd rather have a purple shader, plus I'm jaded that I haven't gotten anything from Dead Orbit. ;)

I think what I'm getting at with the shaders is that certain ones don't drop until certain levels. I remember seeing a complete list of the Dead Orbit shaders that someone got and they also got Bittersteel at around 13. So it probably doesn't drop at all until 12-13 and then there is an RNG element to it on top of that. If I were you I'd try another level or 2 to see if you can at least get that one. But I don't think Revenant drops till much later.

Yeah, I'll just play it by ear Monday night. Maybe if AK and Foxy are on but no one else we'll just run Nightfall to get that out of the way and then we can Raid Tuesday night.

5 months later I can finally comfortably run relic in VOG.
This made me laugh because that was me a week or so ago. When running VoG with Broly, Sim and some of Broly's friends nobody was comfortable with the relic, so I shrugged and volunteered (at the Templar and again at Atheon). I ended up handling it just fine in both areas even though it had been a long while.

High five to Rad....in another 5 months, we'll be master sword-handlers in the Crota raid! :lol:

I still have hard mode lamp/abyss to do on a few characters if anyone wants to knock those out tonight. I also think I have a HM Crota checkpoint on my Titan if anyone wants to do that.

Glad I could hop in and help you guys out with those Atheon hard mode kills the other day. That encounter is still fun to do, even if you have already run it for the week. Laying into Atheon for 20k crits with Black Hammer doesn't get old for me. Glad we could help your friend get a Vex finally!

When is Iron Banner this month? St. Patricks Day (17th)?
That is what is says on the Bungie site, but they didn't say anything about it during the last weekly update. They really have no choice but to run it every few weeks to keep people interested at this point since they aren't bringing out any new content until HoW in May.

I have Thorn and Invective bounties on my Titan so I guess I'll give it a go this week. I was pretty horrible last time using Atheon's Ep and Word of Crota but once I gave up on the bounty I was running over teams with the Vex. I woulnd't mind running some games with cags if anyone is playing. Figure I'll do an hour or two a day and see where I am when the big bonus days roll around.

I have Thorn and Invective bounties on my Titan so I guess I'll give it a go this week. I was pretty horrible last time using Atheon's Ep and Word of Crota but once I gave up on the bounty I was running over teams with the Vex. I woulnd't mind running some games with cags if anyone is playing. Figure I'll do an hour or two a day and see where I am when the big bonus days roll around.
Yeah, I had the Thorn bounty on my Hunter last time and couldn't get anywhere with that using Word of Crota. Then I just decided to use my Warlock and Vex Mythoclast and I did much better at the matches (but had to give up on the bounty).

This time I have all 3 crucible bounties on my Warlock so I'm going to try for Thorn again. I did Bad Juju last time but Invective is a new one. I'll get another Bad Juju just by playing (for the exotic shard I guess). If I'm struggling to get Thorn/Invective done, I'll just switch back to Vex or try Red Death or Bad Juju and not worry about the Thorn bounty. Though even with the non-Void primary I'll still have a chance with Nova bombs and my void special/heavy. I guess my secondary will be either a shotgun or praedyth - though I found in the last IB that I almost never used my secondary. I can't line up sniper shots quickly enough and I can't get close enough with a shotgun. Vex was perfect because I seem to be best on the move at mid-range. I did get a lot of kills with Corrective Measure, though, so I'll keep using that.

I've read that if you sign-on prior to the reset and visit the Iron Banner dude, that your last rank will remain active and you can buy whatever you want...granted you have glimmer. 

Just farmed for about an hour, hoping this works.   I'll find out soon enough I guess.

LinkinPrime said:
I've read that if you sign-on prior to the reset and visit the Iron Banner dude, that your last rank will remain active and you can buy whatever you want...granted you have glimmer.

Just farmed for about an hour, hoping this works. I'll find out soon enough I guess.
Heh - I guess I'll try that too. Unfortunately I didn't hit rank 5 for that shader and the last weapon. But I can pick up whatever is new for rank 4 though. I'll probably still play it later and rank up but I might as well buy what I can up front.

Edit: Yeah, didn't work for me. I ended up doing 2 Nightfalls and 2 Heroic Weeklies so there's still lots left to do this week in addition to Iron Banner. This is the first time in a long time I don't have Raid completions right after reset!

But hey - you know what weapon works great in this Nightfall and Weekly Heroic? Yeah, that's right - the Necrochasm. And I'm being dead serious. Give it a try Vendetta!

[quote name="io" post="12566453" timestamp="1426288089"]Is it even that good? I'd think you would want to use Bad Juju over Red Death just for the auto-fire if for no other reason. The regen health on kills part seems like it wouldn't come into play all that often.

I'll be leveling up my Red Death the rest of this week but it was my plan to use Bad Juju (if not Vex Mythoclast like I did last time) in the next Iron Banner.

I just wanted it for collection sake, not because it was some sort of OP gun.[/quote]
I still prefer my suros in the crucible over bad juju. I missed out on the red death sale. Too much going on.

I still prefer my suros in the crucible over bad juju. I missed out on the red death sale. Too much going on.
Yeah, I don't have a Suros. I struck out with Gorgon chest and 2 Nightfalls so far too. (Got 9 coins from one Nightfall and a legendary weapon from the other).

Heh - I guess I'll try that too. Unfortunately I didn't hit rank 5 for that shader and the last weapon. But I can pick up whatever is new for rank 4 though. I'll probably still play it later and rank up but I might as well buy what I can up front.

Edit: Yeah, didn't work for me. I ended up doing 2 Nightfalls and 2 Heroic Weeklies so there's still lots left to do this week in addition to Iron Banner. This is the first time in a long time I don't have Raid completions right after reset!
Yup...failed here too. Darn, I want that chestpiece and AR but not sure I'll have the motivation to play this week since I'm all over BF: Hardline.

I'm out if town until Wed night. If anyone still needs nightfalls or raid runs, I'd be happy for the company when I get back.

Yup...failed here too. Darn, I want that chestpiece and AR but not sure I'll have the motivation to play this week since I'm all over BF: Hardline.
Why would you want the AR, its horrible. I cannot think of good rolls for it and I have 2 or 3 that dropped just from the last IB.

Its got great rate of fire, and the stability seem pretty good, all its lacking is impact...figured it might come in handy.   Then again, I'm sure I got better ARs at the moment. 

We did two Crota runs and I didn't get any weapon, let alone that elusive Hunger of Crota. Meanwhile Glock got his second in a row after not having got one for so long. This is starting to get ridiculous. I still have one more clear to do on my Hunter. I guess I'll have to LFG it - though I don't want to be the swordbearer so I'd have to specify that ;).

3 Nightfalls gave me Patience and Time (like my 4th), some random legendary weapon (I think it was yet another Secret Handshake shotgun), and 9 strange coins.

Then I tried a little Iron Banner. Like I said I have all 3 crucible-related exotic bounties on my Warlock and I thought I'd make progress on those. Well, using Atheon's Epilogue (for Thorn) was an utter disaster. After two matches of that where I barely made any progress on the Invective and Thorn bounties (I made 0 progress the first match), I switched to Vex Mythoclast and started getting >1 K/D for once. Unfortunately, because most of my kills were with Vex, I only got to 55/500 for the Thorn bounty. That one truly sucks. I simply can't ever get sniper kills as I can't line someone up when they are also lining me up. If I can find a place to spot people travelling or something maybe I can do something with that. I don't want to try a shotgun because that would mean running into trouble and while I might get a kill or two that way, I'd probably get slaughtered by guys I can't see. At least I can get kills with Corrective Measure and my Nova Bomb.

It took 4 matches to win and with that I got to rank 1 1/4 or so. I completed one bounty (the 10,000 points one) and that gave me 146 points (the base amount is 100). I'm not sure what bonuses I'm getting between all the items. I have Nightfall, the mote thing (that you buy), the shader, the emblem, and the class item. It definitely seems like they don't all stack or it would be higher than 146.

The last match went really well and for the most part I stayed back and chipped at people. That really helped on the Invective bounty since I was able to get a lot of assists. I'm actually 2/3 through that one. I'm likely to get that before my second Bad Juju unless I get into a game where I get slaughtered and lose progress. The last two matches (the second to last one was really close) were on brand new maps for me. Hell, the last one was on Mercury which was a total surprise. I didn't even know that was in the game. Considering that I didn't know squat about either map, I did OK. The Mercury one had a great place to kick back and take shots at people who kept trying to take one of the control points. I really, really dislike Blind Watch on Mars now.

My terrible Crota streak since the gally about 6 weeks ago continues. Got my 4th Helm and more shards, yet my buddy got the Crux and the Gally in the same drop  :bomb:

We did two Crota runs and I didn't get any weapon, let alone that elusive Hunger of Crota. Meanwhile Glock got his second in a row after not having got one for so long. This is starting to get ridiculous. I still have one more clear to do on my Hunter. I guess I'll have to LFG it - though I don't want to be the swordbearer so I'd have to specify that ;).

3 Nightfalls gave me Patience and Time (like my 4th), some random legendary weapon (I think it was yet another Secret Handshake shotgun), and 9 strange coins.

Then I tried a little Iron Banner. Like I said I have all 3 crucible-related exotic bounties on my Warlock and I thought I'd make progress on those. Well, using Atheon's Epilogue (for Thorn) was an utter disaster. After two matches of that where I barely made any progress on the Invective and Thorn bounties (I made 0 progress the first match), I switched to Vex Mythoclast and started getting >1 K/D for once. Unfortunately, because most of my kills were with Vex, I only got to 55/500 for the Thorn bounty. That one truly sucks. I simply can't ever get sniper kills as I can't line someone up when they are also lining me up. If I can find a place to spot people travelling or something maybe I can do something with that. I don't want to try a shotgun because that would mean running into trouble and while I might get a kill or two that way, I'd probably get slaughtered by guys I can't see. At least I can get kills with Corrective Measure and my Nova Bomb.

It took 4 matches to win and with that I got to rank 1 1/4 or so. I completed one bounty (the 10,000 points one) and that gave me 146 points (the base amount is 100). I'm not sure what bonuses I'm getting between all the items. I have Nightfall, the mote thing (that you buy), the shader, the emblem, and the class item. It definitely seems like they don't all stack or it would be higher than 146.

The last match went really well and for the most part I stayed back and chipped at people. That really helped on the Invective bounty since I was able to get a lot of assists. I'm actually 2/3 through that one. I'm likely to get that before my second Bad Juju unless I get into a game where I get slaughtered and lose progress. The last two matches (the second to last one was really close) were on brand new maps for me. Hell, the last one was on Mercury which was a total surprise. I didn't even know that was in the game. Considering that I didn't know squat about either map, I did OK. The Mercury one had a great place to kick back and take shots at people who kept trying to take one of the control points. I really, really dislike Blind Watch on Mars now.
If you were getting 146 from a completed bounty on day one then you are getting the max bonus as you get 10% each from emblem, shader and class item, plus an additional 10% from temperance on day 1. Nightfall doesn't impact the bonus. Here is a good site to calc your rep and see how far you are away from ranks: http://ironbanner.info/

I had some good luck with Iron Banner, ran solo for a while then got into a decent team from lfg and we rattled off like 10 wins in a row. Was able to get all the bounties done except the headshot spree one so that pushed me over rank 2.

Can't get anywhere on the Thorn bounty with Atheon's Epilogue. Maybe I'll try the Hand Cannon again. I already have a 300 damage one from my Hunter so I might just upgrade it next time Xur sells it and stop bothering. I had no problem getting my +25 k/d for the Invective bounty that I needed.

I think that Crota is trolling you, io. 2 or 3 people got the Hunger of Crota on that first run and then a Suros drop as well. This game might drive to you :beer: if it hasn't already. I still have one more Normal Crota, 2 weeklys, Gorgons and Atheon kills to do this week if anyone is running those tonight.

I usually have a page and a half of friends in the fireteam menu playing after reset and this week there weren't more than 6 or 7 at any given time last night. People must be getting fed up with this game.

Seems like a lot of Ghallys are dropping this week. There seems to be a "preferred" loot table that changes up the selection of exotic drops from week-to-week.

I think that Crota is trolling you, io. 2 or 3 people got the Hunger of Crota on that first run and then a Suros drop as well. This game might drive to you :beer: if it hasn't already. I still have one more Normal Crota, 2 weeklys, Gorgons and Atheon kills to do this week if anyone is running those tonight.

I usually have a page and a half of friends in the fireteam menu playing after reset and this week there weren't more than 6 or 7 at any given time last night. People must be getting fed up with this game.
Oh, this is beyond trolling. I'm convinced Bungie themselves specifically coded that I don't get the Hunger of Crota (or Suros) to drop.

And yeah, I've really noticed a huge dropoff just the last 2-3 weeks. It was pretty busy and consistent up to then despite some of the CAGs (like gotdott and moose) leaving earlier. But even the people I met through Destiny and were hardcore players are starting to drop now. It only makes sense though as there hasn't been anything new in the 2 months since hard mode Crota with another 2 months of no more content coming up until House of Wolves. Now would really be the key time for them to pull out a revamped Queen's Wrath or something. I mean, give it a few decent weapons and alternate 32 armor (or even shaders/ships) and people will play it.

Oh, this is beyond trolling. I'm convinced Bungie themselves specifically coded that I don't get the Hunger of Crota (or Suros) to drop.

And yeah, I've really noticed a huge dropoff just the last 2-3 weeks.
It seems to me that your toon gets branded with certain "luck", when you create it.

I know for me, Fatebringer was that ever-elusive weapon and while I didn't want it, Hezen took forever to drop as well. I didn't get either of those until weeks after the Crota DLC dropped and IIRC, I had been raiding VoG since a couple weeks after it opened up.

(still missing Praetorian Foil)

And in the Crota raid, I seem to get Word's & Hunger's about every other run. But still only sitting on 1 Black Hammer and 1 Fang (same goes for the other Specials & Heavy).

I was skipping normal in order to double my chances for Fang's but that hasn't worked. So I've gone back to doing normal first and hopefully I see more Black Hammer's drop

The player drop-off is really bad on my list. Last night was the first time in a looong time where I had more than 10 people on Destiny at the same time.

Well I can't do the weekly or nightfall this week but will be on tonight around 11:00 est if anyone wants to play VoG or something.

I'm like crazy busy this week and want to do Iron Banner (or finish up my Crota runs) when I am on Destiny. BUT - if there are enough others I can jump in and help with VoG.

Did Iron Banner again last night. It moves pretty slow for me. I played several matches and went from rank 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 (after winning the last one). The only bounty I can get done on a daily basis is the 10,000 points one. I'm still working on the others from day 1 (I did finally get 1 of the 5 required headshot sprees - whee!). So last night (or, really, this morning since I started after reset) my 100 point bounty with bonus was 166 vs. the 146 I got yesterday. If I knew I'd have more time this weekend to play I'd just wait till then and not even bother with it early in the week.

I had one awesome game where I had a K/D over 4 and 14 kills, which is huge for me. That right there put me over the top for the Invective bounty. But then the stupid bounty wasn't even over. I had to go play a Weekly Heroic as part of it, which sucked because I had already done that for the week on that character. So I just ran it at 24 real quick. Then there's that part where you need all the special ammo synths. I remember people talking about how expensive that was but I had way more than 50 in stock. I just pooled my synths from 2 of my 3 characters and had 62. So that was actually a nice way to clear out a few more inventory spots. I rarely ever used special synths and I'm not quite sure how I got so many but I think it was back in the early days when I'd regularly hit the 25k glimmer cap and buy ammo synths to back away from the cap (which I actually had to do again last night).

So, yeah, I finally got Invective. Once again, just like with Bad Juju, I didn't get any grimoire score for it. Not sure what's up with that.

And despite using Vex as my primary, I am making very slow but steady process on my Thorn bounty. I actually got it up to 111/500 or so before taking a step back in my last game to 103. But I was only at 25 or so when I started last night. But man, do I really hate shotgun users. Grrrr...

I had one sweet double or triple kill where I rushed a Titan bubble camped on a control point and Nova bombed everyone inside. That was nice as I've been fist of havoced too many times to count (and also killed while in my teammates bubbles) - had to get some revenge on those Titans ;). I did end up dying (may have killed myself, not sure) but I'll take 2-3 void kills for one death every time. I'm also getting better at avoiding those indestructible and seemingly never-ending blade dancers who slash through 4 or 5 people at once. It seems like you can get away from them just by jumping up high - the Hunter's weakness being heights...

Yea, I played iron banner too much last night.  I guess finding a good fireteam and grinding some wins is pretty enjoyable and you can get some grimoire score from it as well.  I used to enjoy playing Halo 2 and CoD4 a bit back in the day so it brings back some memories. 

LOL, I managed one headshot spree too io, but I'm guessing I won't be getting 4 more anytime soon.  Overall I wasn't very good last night, but still was able to get done with 4 of the bounties and we won most of our matches.   The difference in rank points you now get compared to the last few days is insane, but I'm in the same boat that I'm not sure how much time I'll have over the weekend to play. 

Had an odd game on the really small map on Mercury where other team  had 5 titans popping bubbles constantly on one control point just so the lone hunter on their team could have golden gun constantly.  We were down at first then once we rushed them their strategy was shot.  There were plenty of funny messages sent back and forth after that one. 

For anyone that plays aS a Titan in Crucible what exotic armor piece do you recommend using?

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Yea, I played iron banner too much last night. I guess finding a good fireteam and grinding some wins is pretty enjoyable and you can get some grimoire score from it as well. I used to enjoy playing Halo 2 and CoD4 a bit back in the day so it brings back some memories.
See, here's my problem - I'm never in a fireteam. I just play solo. Usually if one match goes bad, and the same people stick around, it seems to mix them up so that invariably I get put on the good team the second time and win. That's all assuming I'm not playing against a full fireteam. I don't think that happened last night but I sure do remember that happening last time. Once it was really obvious because all the guys had similar gamertags - like they were a "clan" across multiple games or something. Or maybe playing in an Internet/Gaming café or something? I dunno...

But - given that I play solo, with no communication whatsoever, and barely know any of the maps (saw another new one last night), I'm not doing too bad. As long as that Thorn bounty moves forward I'm OK. I just have a feeling that if I were part of a team it would go so much faster.

See, here's my problem - I'm never in a fireteam. I just play solo. Usually if one match goes bad, and the same people stick around, it seems to mix them up so that invariably I get put on the good team the second time and win. That's all assuming I'm not playing against a full fireteam. I don't think that happened last night but I sure do remember that happening last time. Once it was really obvious because all the guys had similar gamertags - like they were a "clan" across multiple games or something. Or maybe playing in an Internet/Gaming café or something? I dunno...

But - given that I play solo, with no communication whatsoever, and barely know any of the maps (saw another new one last night), I'm not doing too bad. As long as that Thorn bounty moves forward I'm OK. I just have a feeling that if I were part of a team it would go so much faster.
Its funny, my personal stats and k/d are much better when I play solo with randoms. I'm almost always top 3 on my team. When I play with an group from lfg I do poorly. Not sure if that is because when you go in with a full fireteam you are more likely to get other full teams or not.

Like tonight I jump in with randoms, win 5 of 6 games including a game where we just held one of the 3 points and racked up the win via kills. I finished 5 bounties (yes somehow I got the 4 headshot sprees I needed, lol). I think I'm done with iron banner for the night.

Mask of the 3rd Man (hunter helm that regens health when you grab an orb) is for sale from Xur this week.  It is one of the 2 exotics I did not have and hasn't been on sale since last year so if you don't have a raid helmet with that perk then don't forget to buy this one.

The weekly update is another waste of time.  Don't bother reading it unless you are colorblind.

I agree that unveiling some type of new event or bringing back Queen's Wrath is going to be necessary to keep people going in this game since we still have 2 months for HoW.  People are dropping off of this game like flies.  Someone I was running nightfall from LFG the other day said they thought they would push the release date up for HoW.  That was pretty funny.

Heh - I was playing last night after reset (waited till then to do Iron Banner) and completely forgot that Xur was even a thing. I guess I didn't miss anything. I hear this is the first time he's sold Hard Light, but that has been a relatively common drop for me. I know it was pretty common in the loot table for Crota in a few of the last weeks too (lots of people reported getting it).

I guess I'll check out the Mask of the Third Man to see if it is better than the one I have.

So I got myself up to rank 2 1/3 or so on Iron Banner. I was making good progress on the Thorn bounty as well until the last 2 games I played. I was up from 100 to 195 or so. Then the last two matches, even though they were victories, dropped me to 168. My K/D was below 1, but worse than that, I kept missing with my super and not even picking up grenade kills. What few kills I got were with Vex Mythoclast so it was overall a bust. I wish there was an option to let you negate or cancel the rewards for given match if it meant also cancelling the bounty punishment. I'd have have gladly given up the miniscule rank gain and crucible marks to keep my Thorn bounty at 195.

Half way from Iron Banner rank 4 to 5.  Shouldn't take much longer to get there with bounties today.  

io, were you or anyone else going to do Hard Atheon kills this week?  Haven't been able to find any competent teams to clear it on my other 2 characters.  I have the cp.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Half way from Iron Banner rank 4 to 5. Shouldn't take much longer to get there with bounties today.

io, were you or anyone else going to do Hard Atheon kills this week? Haven't been able to find any competent teams to clear it on my other 2 characters. I have the cp.
I doubt it - I'm really busy this weekend and will be away on Monday. I'm just going to try to get one more normal Crota kill in on my Hunter.

So I spent 2 1/2 hours on Iron Banner after the reset and got from 2 1/3 to just under 3. I just needed one more win to hit 3 but got 2 losses and it was nearly 6am so I had to stop.

Early on I was losing progress big time on my Thorn bounty but towards the end, even in those losses, I did much better and I pushed I up to 225 or so. I was down to 150 at one point. I've learned to just bail on games where people are warping out of nowhere and killing me with shotguns before I even realize they are there.

What sucks is that the bounties don't reset. I had the machine gun headshot one from day one and finally got it done at 3am or so. When I turned it in, the new one that should have been there for today was not available. I understand them fixing the reset glitch where you could get double bounties. But now they seem to have gone too far the other way and I'm not even getting the single bounties for a given day. Same thing happened with the melee kill one. So the only one I can do consistently every day is the 10,000 points one. That is making progress very slow. I'm going to wait until 2am tonight to play again with the higher bonus. But this might be the last night I can play - not sure if I'll even get to rank 4 this time.

No worries, io.  I found a competent group last night and finished my 2 Atheon clears.  Also was able to max out my Iron Banner rank. Scored the Scout Rifle from a drop but haven't been able to get the shotgun.  Guess I just need to farm some glimmer to make sure I can buy all the other weapons and armor.  Would like to get one of the shotguns, but not going to play more games for a random drop.

Also I was able to finish the Thorn bounty that I had pretty much given up on after making no progress on the first couple days of iron banner.  Once I started playing with randoms I was able to start building slowly and racked up kills with swordbreaker and corrective measure when heavy dropped.

Well after having most of this past week off, I'm back home.  So I should be on more normal now than sparingly for the past like 5 days.

I crushed my hunter and made a new one.  I HATE the male awoken dance so yeah.... Much better now.  Though I should probably try to level up my bladedancer enough so I can get shadowjack so I can run sword. 

If anyone still has weeklies, I have all 3 to do before reset.  I also get to do a 4th nightfall since I crushed my hunter and my new one just hit 32 yesterday. :)

I'd run a Nightfall or two tonight if you need to.  I have to finish up that Fusion Rilfe bounty for Nightfall kills anyway.  Might as well help someone out while working on it.

Wouldn't mind getting the Exo and Awoken Grimoire cards, but not sure I could bring myself to delete any of my characters just for that.  I'm guessing they will let you add a 4th character at some point...maybe.

I'm also at a tipping point with Vault and postmaster space so I could never transfer enough gear to do it.  I keep holding out for that vault space upgrade to drop, but I'm not sure I can wait more than a week or so at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back