destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

destiny is a loot grind game, similar to diablo or phantasy star online or most MMOs.  The story is ass and doesn't make a lot of sense.  Basically on the spectrum of games you have story/immersion games like Last of Us, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Dragons Age, etc on one side and then you have grind games like Minecraft, Diablo, MMOs, multiplayer FPS, etc on the other end.

The endgame grinding is pretty decent, you can do a mix of PVE or PVP or mob camping to get random drops that can give random loot that slowly improve your character.  You can sink hundreds and hundreds of hours into it, as they have items that require dozens of steps to complete, and each item in turn requires hours and hours of use to fully upgrade.  Then there is the fairly difficult modifiers for grouped instances and the raids which can make things even tougher.

But yeah if you go into a game expecting a good story and plot and a sense of "now THAT was like a really good movie!" then destiny is ass.  but if you hang out with a few friends PVPing and shooting the shit while killing stuff its fun.  Its got a lot of flaws, but most are the kind that'll be fixed up in a few months (really bad RNG, strikes are kinda pointless, farming level 5 mobs is the fastest way to get loot, no real difference between winning and losing in PVP, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing the scores this game got. Sure, it has it's flaws, but it's one of the better games I've played in a long time. It seems like those who reviewed this game either didn't A) put enough time into the game or B) didn't understand the direction Bungie took this game. They were quick to shoot down the quick single player campaign and that's what ultimately brought the overall score of this game down.

I don't think Bungie understood the direction they were going in. Hence why it isn't even a complete game. You must not play many good games if this is one of the better ones. The scores fit perfectly with how mediocre the game is. It is a complete bore to play alone, unlike games similar to it, Diablo 3 and Borderlands 2. Both of those games do what Destiny tries to do.

Diablo 3 wasn't a complete game either at first and got to where it is now after a lot of patches.
How was Diablo 3 not a complete game at launch? The PC version was, at least to me, a complete game. I just didn't like the auction house and the loot/drop system. Just because something is broken doesn't mean it wasn't complete.

Destiny on the other hand, feels like there's no conclusion.

Got in on a PS4 Ghost Edition again. I'll probably just cancel it even if it sells out in a few hours... Funny to see the fail-flippers with stock still available because they don't know how to play the damn game.  :rofl: You know what's really messed up? I just sold a guy a Ghost replica for $135...

So, new stock or returns? What do you people think? If they're returns, expect a lot of broken boxes, which actually makes this more tempting to buy, because you can get over $50 refunded for a broken box.

Before returning it to GS, I have one more Destiny PS4 Ghost Edition that I'd like to offer to my fellow CAGs for $168 (the retail price of the game plus $6.50 shipping and $12.00 in sales tax that I paid for it). This one is in perfect condition as far as I can see, but you can inspect it before you hand me your cash. Local pick-up only, cash only, I am located in the Anaheim, CA area. PM me if you are interested.

Anyone else getting boned on loot?

The new Queens Wrath came out and I can't even do her missions since I'm stuck at 20. Can't get loot from anywhere...no even the loot cave

:(

you have to grind loot cave for hours to get RNGesus on your side, after days of it I am level 27 on three different characters (leveled alts there too).  don't forget to save all the coins and motes of light you get, the vendor Xur appears friday-sunday in the tower and sells exotic gear for coins and exotic engrams for motes.

you have to grind loot cave for hours to get RNGesus on your side, after days of it I am level 27 on three different characters (leveled alts there too). don't forget to save all the coins and motes of light you get, the vendor Xur appears friday-sunday in the tower and sells exotic gear for coins and exotic engrams for motes.
So I know I should login to Destiny then, thanks! Now I just need to figure out if I should crack open my PS3 LE or GE...Hard choices.

Speaking of LEs...seems like the LEs aren't so limited?

They really aren't. This is one of the few recently that haven't truly been limited. Considering who the publisher is, it's not surprising.

you have to grind loot cave for hours to get RNGesus on your side, after days of it I am level 27 on three different characters (leveled alts there too). don't forget to save all the coins and motes of light you get, the vendor Xur appears friday-sunday in the tower and sells exotic gear for coins and exotic engrams for motes.
I just got done farming AGAIN for an hour...there were 3 other ppl there. They all kept getting legendary engrams...I got aobut 5 blue engrams and 20 greens!!!

Hate this loot system

Got in on a PS4 Ghost Edition again. I'll probably just cancel it even if it sells out in a few hours... Funny to see the fail-flippers with stock still available because they don't know how to play the damn game. :rofl: You know what's really messed up? I just sold a guy a Ghost replica for $135...

So, new stock or returns? What do you people think? If they're returns, expect a lot of broken boxes, which actually makes this more tempting to buy, because you can get over $50 refunded for a broken box.
Yeh I played that game. Ghost edition Craigslisted for $275 when I got it for $108.25 after tax at BBY. I considered keeping it but doubling my investment and getting cash made it an easy decision

Sadly the game is good but just doesn't seem to have that great feeling.

Its so fluid at times and then at other times I get DCed playing or I will snipe someone to only have it take 5 seconds to register. I've literally shot someone and got on a sparrow to ride away before it showing "headshot".

That and why do they not have a gear dependent crucible yet everyday?

Edit: and it's not my internet. Sub 50 ping and a router dedicated 10down/4 up to Xbox one of the 25/10 cap I have.

Newegg really screwed the pooch again. I asked for the giftcard instead of the game. They never sent my giftcard so I emailed support. They shipped the vanilla game yesterday. SMH.

Newegg gets zero new game business from me from now on. Possibly zero business at all. They dont even try.

PS3 Ghost back in stock, it also says more on the way...

Edit: For those wondering, the reason why the other stock took 2-3 weeks to ship is because they inspected every box for damages and changed the shipping packaging. The once being sent out now should be covered in 1-2 rounds of bubble wrap and a plastic bag. If your sole purpose is to order the Ghost edition in attempts to get $30-$60 discount for manufacture damages, you will be out of luck. Unless of course you try to lie about it, which in the end would only make you look silly since they are not shipping out damaged boxes anymore.

Edit: For those wondering, the reason why the other stock took 2-3 weeks to ship is because they inspected every box for damages and changed the shipping packaging. The once being sent out now should be covered in 1-2 rounds of bubble wrap and a plastic bag. If your sole purpose is to order the Ghost edition in attempts to get $30-$60 discount for manufacture damages, you will be out of luck. Unless of course you try to lie about it, which in the end would only make you look silly since they are not shipping out damaged boxes anymore.
I actually haven't gotten mine yet but that's great to hear. I got in on them before and it really would suck to have damaged units ship out when there's no chance of replacement.

Um...I got a damaged one from them today, wasn't sent with any bubble wrap either, just in a box with some paper

Um...I got a damaged one from them today, wasn't sent with any bubble wrap either, just in a box with some paper
Hmm, either there was a slip up at your distribution center, or I was misinformed about the batch that took 2-3 weeks to ship. Regardless of what happened it definitely sucks that you also recieved a damaged one, hopefully Amazon can rectify the situation for you like it did for many of the other people here.

Got my shipment notification email for the Ps4 Ghost edition I ordered 2 weeks ago, along with everyone else. I opted for next day delivery, hopefully that one extra saved day will avoid any bumping/crushing my box from UPS handlers. Arrives Monday, crossing my fingers & toes.

My PS4 copy came in. One layer of bubble wrap. Sitting upside down with paper on top. It is broken on the front left corner like every picture floating out there. I am not happy.

My PS4 copy came in. One layer of bubble wrap. Sitting upside down with paper on top. It is broken on the front left corner like every picture floating out there. I am not happy.
Damn, that sucks!

Mine actually arrived mint. No complaints. Same packing as yours, although I did order next-day shipping.

bread's done
Back