Destiny of Spirits discussion/trading thread

Oh hello CAGs that play this game. I just downloaded a couple days ago and was really getting into it until this obnoxiously long maintenance. Anywho I'd love some active friends that play this. My PSN is CBas92 and DoS name is CBas. 

Would also love some tips on the recommended UC and R spirits to use. I haven't come across any SRs yet nor do I plan on buying DOs anytime soon. I tried to do some research but it seems the most popular spirits are the cute little japanese girls which dont even happen to be all that useful in battle -_-

From my limited experience I found anything with a pause action skill like Basilisk or Change Element skill or even a simple bonus x1.whatevz for that extra burst damage are really decent. Anything else I should keep an eye out for? (Im hoping to come across a Barong at some point since his support seems really awesome)

Hime and Ame no Uzume are actually good little japanese girls lol. I use all the Spy Costume Trio, Greys, and Raven. Those are my main. UCs for America I only use Werewold and Undine. I like Kat UC a lot.

Id say my favorite abilities are those that do 1.0 damage (or more) to all enemies for 60 cost or lower. Also like the same skill but for 1 enemy for 1.5 damage and 35 cost.

Nice, I used my tutorial DOs on a GR summon and got UC Yunica whose became a staple for me. Along with Undine who I just limit broke. She's seem easy enough to max out while being pretty powerful. I have a Lv9 Werewolf but I havent really used him all that much after getting Ziz. He has one of those x1.5 at 35 cost abilities too.

Which one? You're probably getting a good deal seeing how valuable those lolis are. Also fun fact but apparently Ziz is female so do with that what you will.

Would also love some tips on the recommended UC and R spirits to use. I haven't come across any SRs yet nor do I plan on buying DOs anytime soon. I tried to do some research but it seems the most popular spirits are the cute little japanese girls which dont even happen to be all that useful in battle -_-

From my limited experience I found anything with a pause action skill like Basilisk or Change Element skill or even a simple bonus x1.whatevz for that extra burst damage are really decent. Anything else I should keep an eye out for? (Im hoping to come across a Barong at some point since his support seems really awesome)
I's say start working on the UCs to max. Basalisk, Werewolf, Griffin, and the phantom gold are good ones to start. As for Rares, Wanka tanka, Ixchel, Yum Kaax, Greys, Ah Puch, and Sorcerer are good choices.

I use Basilisk in just about every party. It's normally him, a plus % damage leader with 1.5x or 2x elemental damage, and a damage soaker. If you see a spirit you think you might like to level, you can check http://destinyofspirits.wikia.com to see how they scale into later levels.

If you find one that you really want to level break or max out their bonus stats, ask us here. We probably have a few lying around.

Oh, and PSN ID: Riyot

I'll add you too. (PSN) Stellarinertia, Riyot, Rpg49ers, Marauder7, and I (eipsycongroo) still play. I try my best to help out CAGs first in raids though it seems most of finish off your raid bosses before I can help.
Decided to start my raids without support to help other people on kill count :^o . Are the servers back up yet?

Decided to pay the 10 to unlock the "full game" of No Heroes Allowed and was playing the crap out of it while waiting in the dungeon queues in Final Fantasy 14.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to start my raids without support to help other people on kill count :^o . Are the servers back up yet?

Decided to pay the 10 to unlock the "full game" of No Heroes Allowed and was playing the crap out of it while waiting in the dungeon queues in Final Fantasy 14.
Nope and we won't know when until another hour and a half....I might as well play some No Heroes.

Still getting the server maintenance screen. Did anyone get a chance to login?
I've been trying every few hours since yesterday morning, but no luck. Hoping to get signed in for long enough for it to count, or that they at least give us credit for the day. It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't so close to that trophy. I'll have it if I can sign in before and after destiny change today.

I've been trying every few hours since yesterday morning, but no luck. Hoping to get signed in for long enough for it to count, or that they at least give us credit for the day. It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't so close to that trophy. I'll have it if I can sign in before and after destiny change today.
i have till 4pm pacific to sign in. 5pm is a new day.

I use Basilisk in just about every party. It's normally him, a plus % damage leader with 1.5x or 2x elemental damage, and a damage soaker. If you see a spirit you think you might like to level, you can check http://destinyofspirits.wikia.com to see how they scale into later levels.

If you find one that you really want to level break or max out their bonus stats, ask us here. We probably have a few lying around.

Oh, and PSN ID: Riyot

I's say start working on the UCs to max. Basalisk, Werewolf, Griffin, and the phantom gold are good ones to start. As for Rares, Wanka tanka, Ixchel, Yum Kaax, Greys, Ah Puch, and Sorcerer are good choices
Wonderful, then I'm already on the right track. Been using all of those UC spirits aside from Phantom Gold which I tend to feed into my Adaptive Camo. As for Rs I only have 2 Wanka Tanka, Adaptive Camo and a Sorcerer. Oh and I guess Ziz counts too. When the game comes back I'll try to focus more on maxing out UCs instead of spreading the love out to everybody.

Really bummed if we all are getting screwed on the log in days. Granted, I was only at about 7 days but others were much further ahead/closer to the trophy than I was. 

Anyways, I really need to work on freeing areas more than just building/grinding. I have been working my characters up and trying to earn lots of SS for feeding or whatever. I have been staying in the starting location in a position where I can one hit kill everything so I take no damage and get the drops from the battle. I usually do that while I am watching TV or whatever.

Sucks, should have my trophy today.

Emergency Maintenance Update (4/23 22:30 UTC)

This is an update on the ongoing maintenance which began at 11:15 April 22(UTC).
The investigation and recovery work have not been completed yet.
Maintenance is being carried out to address the issue, and we will inform you of the scheduled completion time once that information is available.
Our deepest apologies and thank you for your patience.

Sucks, should have my trophy today.

Emergency Maintenance Update (4/23 22:30 UTC)

This is an update on the ongoing maintenance which began at 11:15 April 22(UTC).
The investigation and recovery work have not been completed yet.
Maintenance is being carried out to address the issue, and we will inform you of the scheduled completion time once that information is available.
Our deepest apologies and thank you for your patience.
Well that sucks, back to day 1 :\.

Wonderful, then I'm already on the right track. Been using all of those UC spirits aside from Phantom Gold which I tend to feed into my Adaptive Camo. As for Rs I only have 2 Wanka Tanka, Adaptive Camo and a Sorcerer. Oh and I guess Ziz counts too. When the game comes back I'll try to focus more on maxing out UCs instead of spreading the love out to everybody.
Wakan Tanka is a good earth spirit, but he can't take a hit like some of the other rares and I'm not a fan of his support skill. He's a good spirit to round out a team or to have some earth damage (he's pretty cheap on party cost), but not as a leader. Since you have two I would level one of them, use the other to break level, and have a decent rare you can get to a high level early on. He was my first non-paid rare and I still use him a lot.

What the hell is the problem?? I cant even find anything searching with google. How are people cheating at a free game? When they are screwing us out of trophys. 22 days. I really dont want to play much more.

Its one trophy. Even I like trophies a ton but Im not going to get all caught up over one little trophy. Id rather have a better game with hopefully faster load times and no pain in the ass logins.

And the main thing is many people were trying to login at once and the servers couldn't handle it. Before servers went down it was a pain to login for the 3 days prior to this maintenance. I dont know how exactly they are fixing it but Im pretty sure they want the game up as much as we do. I mean if there is no game running then no one can give them money.

I want to know how people were cheating. I played at a couple of restaraunts around town and got a few lame spirits. Is that cheating? I thought that was the idea.

I want to know how people were cheating. I played at a couple of restaraunts around town and got a few lame spirits. Is that cheating? I thought that was the idea.
Well while that isn't the reason there is maintenance right now. People were manipulating their location data to get a lot of SR spirits. They are banning those they catch. For the most part though thats fixed. Other than that I dont know other ways people were cheating.

Also Ive gotten like 5 hunt spirits. All common garbage. I dont really understand why I can't hunt at places with Wifi away from my house. I always get this "can't sign in to PSN" error. When i run connection tests it says the internet is up and I can connect but it fails the PSN login.

That psn login is hit or miss for me. Worked at mcd's not at Outback. Worked at a local sportsbar Roosters and didnt at Panera.(worlds worst expensive food imo). Also I just realized the trophy is bronze. Annoyed still but much less than before, 30 days deserves a silver at least lol

Well while that isn't the reason there is maintenance right now. People were manipulating their location data to get a lot of SR spirits. They are banning those they catch. For the most part though thats fixed. Other than that I dont know other ways people were cheating.

Also Ive gotten like 5 hunt spirits. All common garbage. I dont really understand why I can't hunt at places with Wifi away from my house. I always get this "can't sign in to PSN" error. When i run connection tests it says the internet is up and I can connect but it fails the PSN login.
The work around is to log into Destiny of Spirits and stay on the map screen before you leave the house. It'll allow you to hunt but you won't know what you got until you connect to a wifi.

That psn login is hit or miss for me. Worked at mcd's not at Outback. Worked at a local sportsbar Roosters and didnt at Panera.(worlds worst expensive food imo). Also I just realized the trophy is bronze. Annoyed still but much less than before, 30 days deserves a silver at least lol
Hunting only works if the Vita can find your location so best to sit close to the window. My office is in a warehouse so I can only get a location if I'm in the front of the building.

One of the hunts cheats I heard was that people were hunting, then logging in via proxy IP to somewhere far away. Then they would hunt and change their IP back. Going to China and back for business maybe, but if you have gone to China and back 8 times in a day then your account will now be banned.

I just got off of work, is it still not on?????

Wakan Tanka is a good earth spirit, but he can't take a hit like some of the other rares and I'm not a fan of his support skill. He's a good spirit to round out a team or to have some earth damage (he's pretty cheap on party cost), but not as a leader. Since you have two I would level one of them, use the other to break level, and have a decent rare you can get to a high level early on. He was my first non-paid rare and I still use him a lot.
He is not meant to be a leader but he is a good party member with that battle skill.

EDIT: Nevermind, just read the rest of your post lol.

btw I am annoyed but I will get it next time as it will take me at least another 30 days to free everything. I have yet to max out a UC which I need to do as I always carry 3 party members when I should have 4-5.

Good news is that I don't think we lost our login streak (says I have logged in 23 days straight this month). I'll find out tonight if the trophy is as forgiving.

Also, is anyone else fairly ticked that they didn't give us any Destiny Orbs for this? A coupon or everyone gets great blessing or something. Anything. Sure, it's a FTP game, but I've paid plenty. *end rant*

Good news is that I don't think we lost our login streak (says I have logged in 23 days straight this month). I'll find out tonight if the trophy is as forgiving.

Also, is anyone else fairly ticked that they didn't give us any Destiny Orbs for this? A coupon or everyone gets great blessing or something. Anything. Sure, it's a FTP game, but I've paid plenty. *end rant*
It isn't officially up. They are just testing servers. Once everything is fixed is when they will give us something. They said so in their previous announcement.

It isn't officially up. They are just testing servers. Once everything is fixed is when they will give us something. They said so in their previous announcement.
Then rant respectfully withdrawn, haha. Load times have been much shorter this morning, with the exception of some glitchiness when merging spirits. If load times are this much better, then I don't even care about DO. I can now load into a raid fight before everyone else kills it.

What are they handing out as an im sorry prize? @nything? I discovered No Hero's Allowed! And its terrific thanks to the downtime. I already gave them my 10.00 for the deluxe package.

What are they handing out as an im sorry prize? @nything? I discovered No Hero's Allowed! And its terrific thanks to the downtime. I already gave them my 10.00 for the deluxe package.
Lol I plan on doing the same. played it on my Asian accnt and it is fun.

They haven't announced yet but it better be good for the sake of the remaining fanbase.

bread's done
Back