Destiny the Taken King Legendary Edition - $19.99 All Platforms TRU + Free Shipping

bfett9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTvf2cAIUtk

Good price for those of you who did not play it already, or want to get in cheap before Rise of Iron. You have 1 month to get the Year 2 Triumphs Awards.

Ps4

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=66659806&cp=&parentPage=search

X1

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=66659796&ab=TRU:tproduct_rr:Customers%20Also%20Liked:1

Amazon PM

https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Taken-King-Legendary-Xbox-One/dp/B00ZJ211Q6/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1471136725&sr=1-1&keywords=taken+king

NOTE LEGACY CONSOLE USERS: You cannot play Rise of Iron without PS4 or X1 so you will be locked to these expansions.

PS3

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=66659846&cp=&parentPage=search

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=66659836&cp=&parentPage=search

Also lets get this comment out of the way: yes people still play this move on please.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Then why even open the thread, nobody cares move on.
2. Fixed in both Expansion 2 and very much so in TTK
3. Cheapest price on record, and it was even cheaper at launch if you traded in original disc (practically was free), but everyone has their own evaluation of money.
4. Good for you, nobody cares
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lSIaSR3zc

Thanks OP. One of the lowest prices I've seen for it. Also, lol at the you have one month to complete the moments of triumph :lol:

Also lets get this comment out of the way: yes people still play this move on please.
I eagerly await the day the internet gets over posting how much it doesn't care about a given topic. The negativity isn't clever or funny. It's hack.

p.s. clicking into and then posting proves how much you care more than just ignoring it would.

Is this worth getting for single player? I'm not much of an online gamer.
For the core campaign sure I think it is fun ( if you enjoy the base halo campaign for 1-3 you will enjoy the TTK story I think) I always Solo the campaigns my first run because I like to go at my own pace, and dont want my friends talking over the cutscenes , but to explore the vast majority of the content outside that campaign (especially the raids for which destiny is well known) you do need others.

That being said I think $20 is a steal for the package, but if you are going in solely for story then probably want to wait till it hits $10-15

I'll wait, Should be $15 by now. I already have the first two expansions so basically I'd be paying $20 for just the 3rd

I'll wait, Should be $15 by now. I already have the first two expansions so basically I'd be paying $20 for just the 3rd
If you have the base disc, it trades in at BBY for $3, and you can PM this price at BBY so $17, not exact but atleast you can play before Rise of Iron if you get interested in that.

Hmm, I think I'm just going to wait until the Game of the Decade Edition comes out, it might actually be a full game and be worth it by then.

I also would have made a top 5 list explaining the reasons why I don't want to buy the game, but I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain.

I'm in for the story. That is why I stopped playing my launch day CE copy. Left a bitter taste in my mouth. But if there is something there now, might be fun. Plus I think there are only 3 games I'm getting for the rest if the year, so should be fun!

Is this the cheapest way to get just the Taken King Expansion?  I've been waiting for a cheap option to get that alone because I already have the digital base game and both Dark Below and House of Wolves.  Kind of shitty that Bungie hasnt give the loyal fans who have bought everything up until this point a cheaper way to get just TK... I want TK, but I feel that even at $20, i'm paying too much for stuff I already paid full retail for... 

Is the earlier expansion content still playable or is it kind of like Wow, where you miss out on content if you wait until the next update (at least as far as Cataclysm and the major changes after its implementation)?

Is the earlier expansion content still playable or is it kind of like Wow, where you miss out on content if you wait until the next update (at least as far as Cataclysm and the major changes after its implementation)?
You can still find people that do the old stuff some but the newer taken king raids and content are more likely since they give the better gear. It is possible to do the older stuff with less people because of the way the gear works, you just need the right set up for some though.

As for the strikes I had no problem getting at least 1 other yesterday on Xbox while leveling, so os4 should be no different.

And while leveling you can always do the story quests for them they give good exp for it

Is this the cheapest way to get just the Taken King Expansion? I've been waiting for a cheap option to get that alone because I already have the digital base game and both Dark Below and House of Wolves. Kind of shitty that Bungie hasnt give the loyal fans who have bought everything up until this point a cheaper way to get just TK... I want TK, but I feel that even at $20, i'm paying too much for stuff I already paid full retail for...
You're not a loyal fan unless you have paid $140 for Destiny and its expansions up to this point. How else do you expect Bungie to keep the lights on?

Is this the cheapest way to get just the Taken King Expansion? I've been waiting for a cheap option to get that alone because I already have the digital base game and both Dark Below and House of Wolves. Kind of shitty that Bungie hasnt give the loyal fans who have bought everything up until this point a cheaper way to get just TK... I want TK, but I feel that even at $20, i'm paying too much for stuff I already paid full retail for...
I think it is $20 for the dlc bundle on both systems or at least it was on Xbox, but I don't think they sell just the TTK expansion anymore. The listing on Xbox says it includes all 3 dlc and a boost for the $20

I recall hearing that a complete edition is on its way. Can anyone verify? If not, might as well pick it up now even though I'm waiting for Neo.

You're not a loyal fan unless you have paid $140 for Destiny and its expansions up to this point. How else do you expect Bungie to keep the lights on?
I thought you weren't a true Destiny fan if you didn't own recordings of the original Peter Dinklage voice overs and play them on your cassette deck while playing through the game 😜

You're not a real destiny fan until you have adult intercourse with the hole in the disc. Dropping my pants right now.

Thanks OP. Finally jumped into Destiny with this deal....and I had $17 left on a GC from last year so I only paid $3+ out of pocket.

Now I have to prepare my wallet/anus for Rise Of Iron. =-/

I'm assuming TKK is a code to download? I have a data cap and 2 XB1s so the idea of having two huge downloads is not appealing to me whatsoever.

So basically, can anyone confirm how big the download is on XB1 with the disc right now?

I'm assuming TKK is a code to download? I have a data cap and 2 XB1s so the idea of having two huge downloads is not appealing to me whatsoever.

So basically, can anyone confirm how big the download is on XB1 with the disc right now?
I don't have a X1, but it looks like its about 9-10GB. I remember the PS4 being about the same size.

I dont know the totals, but why not just install the game to an external drive and take it between the two so no two downloads? Also is your datacap really less than 500 GB? Most people I know with caps have that as minimum and 1 TB for most everyone else.

Not a fan of these codes instead of putting it all on disc
If they put it on the disc what is stopping you from just installing the DLC and selling that disc to the next guy while buying a cheap year one disc to play. Its why they use codes in first place.

I dont know the totals, but why not just install the game to an external drive and take it between the two so no two downloads? Also is your datacap really less than 500 GB? Most people I know with caps have that as minimum and 1 TB for most everyone else.
300 GB for me at $70/month. Sure I could pay more to get more but for internet only I already feel like I'm getting raped pretty good. And no, where I live I don't have any other options.

300 GB for me at $70/month. Sure I could pay more to get more but for internet only I already feel like I'm getting raped pretty good. And no, where I live I don't have any other options.
I feel your pain my friend. Our only hope is if Google actually really does finds a way to effectively beam gigabit speed to peoples houses, then there is going to be a price upheaveal between all of these monopolies (I hope at least)

http://www.recode.net/2016/8/10/12427558/google-fiber-wireless-dozen-cities

It is a download. On Xbone right now it says it's 36 GB total (just checked in Manage Game), but not sure how much of that is from the disc.

And for future reference I believe I heard that Rise of Iron will be another 10-12 GB.

If they put it on the disc what is stopping you from just installing the DLC and selling that disc to the next guy while buying a cheap year one disc to play. Its why they use codes in first place.
It's hard to sell that game now since the vanilla version is like $8 now at gamestop I think. No one really buys it anymore and I'm a collector so I prefer physical over digital any day. What sucks is your friends can't play the dlc if you let em borrow the game. I have shadow of mordor GOTY but still waiting on far cry complete and destiny taken king to get really cheap or a complete complete edition of destiny

It's hard to sell that game now since the vanilla version is like $8 now at gamestop I think. No one really buys it anymore and I'm a collector so I prefer physical over digital any day. What sucks is your friends can't play the dlc if you let em borrow the game. I have shadow of mordor GOTY but still waiting on far cry complete and destiny taken king to get really cheap or a complete complete edition of destiny
Honestly the whole reason they dont do most DLC on disk is for example what happened back on original xbox with Halo 2. There was a map pack disc they released later since XBL was not what its like today. So people would not buy the map pack they would just either borrow it from someone who had or just all rent a copy from blockbuster. Install it on all of their friends xboxs and either trade it in or pass it on. So Bungie go screwed out of sales, and like 10 people got the map pack.

And the again the whole point is you CANT share it with your friends because they want your friends to buy the game and DLC too. Its why they made this TTK Legendary edition in first place to entice new players and give them all the new DLC. Even for those who sold their copies after release when they got bored. What I was saying was if the TTK disc had the DLC on it, people would have been selling that right and left after they installed the DLC. But blieve me I support physical media wholeheartedly I agree it sucks.

---

Update

X1 PM on amazon adding to OP

https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Taken-King-Legendary-Xbox-One/dp/B00ZJ211Q6/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1471136725&sr=1-1&keywords=taken+king

Honestly the whole reason they dont do most DLC on disk is for example what happened back on original xbox with Halo 2. There was a map pack disc they released later since XBL was not what its like today. So people would not buy the map pack they would just either borrow it from someone who had or just all rent a copy from blockbuster. Install it on all of their friends xboxs and either trade it in or pass it on. So Bungie go screwed out of sales, and like 10 people got the map pack.

And the again the whole point is you CANT share it with your friends because they want your friends to buy the game and DLC too. Its why they made this TTK Legendary edition in first place to entice new players and give them all the new DLC. Even for those who sold their copies after release when they got bored. What I was saying was if the TTK disc had the DLC on it, people would have been selling that right and left after they installed the DLC. But blieve me I support physical media wholeheartedly I agree it sucks.

---

Update

X1 PM on amazon adding to OP

Yeah it makes sense why they would do that, they don't get screwed out of sales and they save money by not making new discs. I just prefer they put it all on disc but hey it's a business. Nothin I can do

I used to have 300 GB as a limit and it was a pain but the most they offered in my area. Comcast has finally bumped the standard limit to 1 TB in my area. I have unlimited due to a bundle but 1TB would be plenty.

Lol I feel like a hypocrite for purchasing this. I remember sending a nasty email to Bungie essentially saying they lost a life long fan due to their trickery with Destiny at launch. Oh well. 

sucks ur stuck in a comcast zone, those guys are the anti-christ and the couple of thousands they pay off state legislators to keep out competition to keep making millions is.....well its a democrat for yah

I feel your pain my friend. Our only hope is if Google actually really does finds a way to effectively beam gigabit speed to peoples houses, then there is going to be a price upheaveal between all of these monopolies (I hope at least)

http://www.recode.net/2016/8/10/12427558/google-fiber-wireless-dozen-cities
wishful thinking, most google has done is get the competition to upgrade in those areas while still having higher prices and data caps plus throttling, i have competition in my area but as bad as time warner is they are the only ones without stupid data caps though their "approved" modems always help with them throttling my data or heavy stoppages during peak hours, word of note dont ever pay for rental fees or use a cable companys approved modem, used a high speed non approved modem before the cable company burnt it up and had faster internet, just paying 150 for it to only last a year sucked

Now that its on Amazon I might have to buy it for a friend. $20 is a steal for all that content.
You realize you could have walked into any other store and just PM'd the price right? Thats what people are doing if they own the vanilla disc, Walk into bby trade that in for $3 ($3.30 with GCU) and justpm and buy ttk at BBY so they can use their credit then and there.

Regardless it was also already free shipping from TRU.

For those who have a Meijer nearby, you can pick up a Legendary Edition for $9.99 right now - at least at the store in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan that I'm at right now.

Games are tagged "$9.99, Save $30" for XBONE, PS4, PS3 and 360.

You realize you could have walked into any other store and just PM'd the price right? Thats what people are doing if they own the vanilla disc, Walk into bby trade that in for $3 ($3.30 with GCU) and justpm and buy ttk at BBY so they can use their credit then and there.

Yeah I know. It's just easier for me on Amazon. My friend lives a state over, I can just order it and ship it to his house. Plus I get amazon rewards, and have credit.

I've had destiny on both consoles since launch.

bread's done
Back