Desura Code Drops

emwearz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
154 (100%)
[quote name='shrike4242']If you're buying into a Humble Bundle or some other bundle that has multiple deployment methods for their items (direct download, Steam and Desura), you only get one license for each of the software items in that bundle. If you've used the software via other means, such as direct download or Steam, you can't give away the Desura key because you've already used up that license of the software.

If by some means you've not used any of the items from that bundle, then you could give away the Desura key(s) for that bundle or items inside of that bundle.[/QUOTE]

I could not find a "official" Desura drop topic, so here is a code, will post another one randomly in the future, nothing special.

Humble Introversion Bundle
INTRO-GMU3D-EE7UV-NWQ33-857OE

Last edited by a moderator:
My hope is that people with Desura codes, that don't use Desura will also post and drop codes here. If you have spare Desura codes, drop those babies!

Humble Indie Bundle #2
HIB3B-131G7-YXTEO-QJZ11-9YEVK

If you're buying into a Humble Bundle or some other bundle that has multiple deployment methods for their items (direct download, Steam and Desura), you only get one license for each of the software items in that bundle. If you've used the software via other means, such as direct download or Steam, you can't give away the Desura key because you've already used up that license of the software.

If by some means you've not used any of the items from that bundle, then you could give away the Desura key(s) for that bundle or items inside of that bundle.

If you've purchased a bundle and used none of the keys,

f you're buying into a Humble Bundle or some other bundle that has multiple deployment methods for their items (direct download, Steam and Desura), you only get one license for each of the software items in that bundle. If you've used the software via other means, such as direct download or Steam, you can't give away the Desura key because you've already used up that license of the software.

If by some means you've not used any of the items from that bundle, then you could give away the Desura key(s) for that bundle or items inside of that bundle.

[quote name='shrike4242']f you're buying into a Humble Bundle or some other bundle that has multiple deployment methods for their items (direct download, Steam and Desura), you only get one license for each of the software items in that bundle. If you've used the software via other means, such as direct download or Steam, you can't give away the Desura key because you've already used up that license of the software.

If by some means you've not used any of the items from that bundle, then you could give away the Desura key(s) for that bundle or items inside of that bundle.[/QUOTE]

If we're to get technical, aren't the bundle keys supposed to be for "personal use" anyway? I always thought that meant you're not supposed to randomly give them away, unless the bundle was specifically purchased as a gift.

[quote name='shrike4242']f you're buying into a Humble Bundle or some other bundle that has multiple deployment methods for their items (direct download, Steam and Desura), you only get one license for each of the software items in that bundle. If you've used the software via other means, such as direct download or Steam, you can't give away the Desura key because you've already used up that license of the software.

If this is true, and it most likely is, then should they not make it so you can choose which service you use when you purchase the bundle? Otherwise the codes go to waste, and on CAG, since we are all cheap asses, that would be frowened upon.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']If this is true, and it most likely is, then should they not make it so you can choose which service you use when you purchase the bundle? Otherwise the codes go to waste, and on CAG, since we are all cheap asses, that would be frowened upon.[/QUOTE]

I tend to register stuff on both Desura and Steam, just in case something happens with one or the other service.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']If this is true, and it most likely is, then should they not make it so you can choose which service you use when you purchase the bundle? Otherwise the codes go to waste, and on CAG, since we are all cheap asses, that would be frowened upon.[/QUOTE]

No. With the Humble Bundle you donate to charity for the games. They then send you a "key" page which has three options (Direct Download, Steam, Desura) you donated for 5 games they don't care how you use them or on what services you still get access to those 5 games.

Once you start giving these away you suddenly are doubling the amount of games for the same donation. So your $10 donation which got you 5 games suddenly just turned into 10 games because you gave your access to someone else.

[quote name='sunghost']If we're to get technical, aren't the bundle keys supposed to be for "personal use" anyway? I always thought that meant you're not supposed to randomly give them away, unless the bundle was specifically purchased as a gift.[/QUOTE]They're supposed to be personal use, yes.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']If this is true, and it most likely is, then should they not make it so you can choose which service you use when you purchase the bundle? Otherwise the codes go to waste, and on CAG, since we are all cheap asses, that would be frowened upon.[/QUOTE]You only get a single license for the games, not more than one license. They're just giving you multiple options on how to receive the games.

The codes don't "go to waste", they're only options you have to get the games.

[quote name='shrike4242']
You only get a single license for the games, not more than one license. They're just giving you multiple options on how to receive the games.

The codes don't "go to waste", they're only options you have to get the games.[/QUOTE]

If someone has no intention to ever use the code then they technically go to waste. By your reasons, the Steam Code drop thread should also be closed.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']If someone has no intention to ever use the code then they technically go to waste. By your reasons, the Steam Code drop thread should also be closed.[/QUOTE]

No not quite it isn't a waste read my example of usage, you donate $10 for 5 games they give you three methods of using these 5 games. As soon as you resort to sharing your codes with anyone besides yourself those 5 games suddenly become 10 games for the same $10 you already paid.

They did NOT do anything to get those 5 games at all like everyone else and like it is required. Anyone in the Steam thread doing Humble Bundles and they use the other options should be reported as well.

[quote name='HIB Key Redemption Page']All keys are for your personal use only.[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between stealing and giving.

Also he didn't close this thread, he just made the statement that you cannot share the HIB codes and gave the reason for it.

[quote name='No121Else']No not quite it isn't a waste read my example of usage, you donate $10 for 5 games they give you three methods of using these 5 games. As soon as you resort to sharing your codes with anyone besides yourself those 5 games suddenly become 10 games for the same $10 you already paid.

They did NOT do anything to get those 5 games at all like everyone else and like it is required. Anyone in the Steam thread doing Humble Bundles and they use the other options should be reported as well.
Also he didn't close this thread, he just made the statement that you cannot share the HIB codes and gave the reason for it.[/QUOTE]

Technically you purchased everything in the bundle, so you technically bought 15 games (Steam, desura, DRM-free). And personal use is very lucrative, I could personally give these codes away. Sorry to sound like an ass, but I do not like things to go to waste. (Or at least in my opinion go to waste)

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Technically you purchased everything in the bundle, so you technically bought 15 games (Steam, desura, DRM-free). And personal use is very lucrative, I could personally give these codes away. Sorry to sound like an ass, but I do not like things to go to waste. (Or at least in my opinion go to waste)[/QUOTE]

You have a weird mindset for how it works apparently. You bought 5 games with 3 methods of using these games. You also like to twist words, I don't really care to deal with this.

It looks like you are stealing from little children since that is where some of the donations go if you so choose, if you are fine with that then so be it I can't help you.

[quote name='No121Else']You have a weird mindset for how it works apparently. You bought 5 games with 3 methods of using these games. You also like to twist words, I don't really care to deal with this.

It looks like you are stealing from little children since that is where some of the donations go if you so choose, if you are fine with that then so be it I can't help you.[/QUOTE]

Its just that I sometimes only use the Desura code for a bundle, lets say an Indie royal, If I can't trade the codes, which I have, Then I would want to give the Steam ones away. I see it as you bought it, do what you want with it in reason (I.E. don't give the link away so everyone gets the DRM-free versions). I'm not sure where I twist words, and if I do I apologize, but I responded on how I interpreted what you said. And while you buy 5 games, your get 3 ways to use them so I see technically 3 copies of 5 games, thereby getting 15.
Also how is it stealing?

bread's done
Back