Details regarding the dashboard update for the 360

There will also be an option to have separate gamer pics for friends and the general public. Presumably, this is gearing up for the compatibility with the Xbox 360 camera peripheral, which is supported by this update even though it won't be released until this fall. Until then, gamers can use available pics.

Win.

Hopefully they stick to the twice-a-year idea as close as possible. I'm guessing we'll get another big overhaul right before the Revolution or PS3 launch.

When a download is complete, the content can be immediately accessed or applied. Just downloaded a trailer for BioShock? No need to navigate back through the menus like before--just select "play" when the notification comes up. Themes can also be instantly applied, rather than sifting through one's personal settings.

Nice.

That drove me insane during E3.

Hopefully they will push this out soon.

I love booting up to the dashboard with a game in....nice. I always seem to have to clear my cache with MLB 2K6, so instead of ejecting each time, I can do this...yeah. Good job MS.

[quote name='Sporadic']Hopefully they will push this out soon.[/QUOTE]

Alright looks like it is dropping next week.

Next week's deployment (Microsoft wouldn't pinpoint an exact day) will be its first big spring cleaning, which will affect three major areas of the system, Xbox Live Marketplace, Media, and general usability. In other words, based on user feedback, criticism, and input, Microsoft's 70-person development team fixed a bunch of things and made user functionality smarter and faster. The automatic update will take place when you connect to Xbox Live and takes approximately one minute to download.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/710/710202p1.html

:bouncy:

Changes to the Media section might send little shivers of relief up your spine. Music is now seamlessly integrated into your desktop to such a degree that you can now play the music of your choice while playing a game with fiddling around...
Thank you MS!!! :applause:

[quote name='D4rkN1ght']sounds good, im suprised its not 800 microsoft points or something... lol[/quote]

:whistle2:# Hell, don't give them any ideas!!!!!:whistle2:#

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']For the love of all that is green, GIVE ME BACK MY CHAT ROOMS. :bomb:

Good update, otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Press your Live button the the controller and click on private chat

:applause: Great news! I'm more and more happy every day with my decision to go with a 360 as of last Thursday. If only I could afford a second game :D .

RC

The only thing I'm worried about is some kind of error during download...If I am not mistaken, it flashes the BIOS on the motherboard. BIOS flashes make me nervous!

Thanks LP...that doesn't look like as much of an overhaul as I was hoping, but I'll wait to try it. I do look forward to the download manager and being able to jump right to a video after downloading.

[quote name='daphatty']What a fucking minute! THERE'S GONNA BE LEEROY JENKINS CONTENT ON XBL?!?!?!?!?!?! (Third screenshot, third download item.) fucking awesome!!!![/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that's a joke (hence the "Bob's Cheese Adventure" above it).

[quote name='ImmortalfWd']Press your Live button the the controller and click on private chat[/QUOTE]
You can have a private chat, but you can't have chat rooms. Get it?

Nicely done video on GameSpot, and I like all the changes they made. The only thing I want now is for them to let 4 people be in a private chat at once, and maybe the ability to use custom soundtracks and private chat in Halo (that may be too hard). Still, they have made many nice changes and I'm hoping that they'll be able to add some new features that weren't begged for by people.

Don't think this was posted on the forum but an update to the Xbox 360 Dashboard is coming! Cool new features too! w00t!

Video And Story: http://on10.net/Blogs/TheShow/3340/

Snapshots And Story: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/26/msft-announces-first-major-xbox-360-update/

At least we know the Xbox Team is listening to our feedback! :)

Edit: To the people who think this is a repost its not. The other thread was just a snippet of info. If you go to the actual links you'll see snapshots and video of it in place. Try visiting the links before making conclusions so quickly the Mods can delete the thread if they think its a repost. Don't make stupid remarks and act like children.

[quote name='AcePuppy']Don't think this was posted on the forum but an update to the Xbox 360 Dashboard is coming! Cool new features too! w00t!
[/QUOTE]

WOW! Golly gee GOSH! I so didn't know about this a month ago!

That was just a small anouncement this is the actual video and snapshots of what is really being done by Major Nelson himself.

[quote name='mmn']WOW! Golly gee GOSH! I so didn't know about this a month ago![/quote]

So you've seen pictures/video of it a month ago although it was just shown a couple days ago? Don't be a smartass and a dumbass.

[quote name='doubledown']Whatever happened to that girl from G4TV? Are her blond spiky haired friend?[/quote]

No idea but Tina is hot! :)

[quote name='doubledown']Whatever happened to that girl from G4TV? Are her blond spiky haired friend?[/QUOTE]

**edited - removed original post because it was offensive and mean-spirited - there's absolutely no way for me to know for sure that they are jobless, homeless, and willing to do whatever you want for thirty eight cents. In the future I will check my sources more carefully**

[quote name='Big Vato Man']so dose anyone know when the update coming out[/quote]

According to the Joystiq link:

"The spring update is expected to be released to all Xbox Live users "in about a week" and will be followed up with a fall update, as part of their plan to release two major updates each year. "

This update is going to rule. The two biggest annoyances are being addressed - background downloading and cutting off the music when switching from a game to the dashboard. I can't wait.

I'm pumped for the increase in speed, too. The dashboard has always felt really slow, it seems really quick with the update (populating lists).

Playing music between games/dashboard is really awesome too, especially with Xbox Live Arcade games. I'll never have to hear Uno's music again!

[quote name='mykevermin']No fucking BC update. fuck.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but i don't get why people are "craving" that much over a BC update.
I want to play next-gen games not last year hits for the original xbox. My prediction is that we will get one LAST BC update and then thats it. Xbox1 is dying anyways...

If i ever want to play a game that is not supported by the xbox 360 BC list, i can always use my original xbox. All that without swearing ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']No fucking BC update. fuck.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I was looking forward to play shittily emulated games.

--street fighter anniversary
--Capcom vs. Snk
--psychonauts
--Marvel vs. Capcom 2
--the SNK fighters

that's all i ask...not enough to own an xbox over.

bread's done
Back