Deus Ex 360/PS3 $41.99 at Best Buy

[quote name='skateraXVIII']DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. DO NOT POST YOUR OWN AFFILIATE LINKS. ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!:lol:[/QUOTE]

backseat modding = not necessary

He posted a deal.

Can anyone confirm that this is the price in store, or is this online only? I'm asking so that folks can know if they will be able to use this month's @Gamer coupon successfully... Just trying to contribute and to do it all in one post :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up OP. I'll try to stop by my BB to check today. If it is, definitely using my @gamer + the giftcard they sent me for not letting me use the coupon on GoW the first time lol.

[quote name='midloo']thanks? The deal is in the op. I'll use this post to then ask my question:

Can anyone confirm that this is the price in store, or is this online only? I'm asking so that folks can know if they will be able to use this month's @Gamer coupon successfully... Just trying to contribute and to do it all in one post :)

Sheesh[/QUOTE]

You can select in store pick up. So at least you should be able to pricematch the website.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. DO NOT POST YOUR OWN AFFILIATE LINKS. ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!:lol:[/QUOTE]

Please don't be gargus 2.0

Great find OP. If it is in store as well, I highly recommend those with @Gamer subscriptions to pick it up. I bought this game on release day and it consumed my free time for 7 days till I beat it.

I didn't use any guides (Except on those @$%! boss fights since I was a stealth build) and missed out on some achievements, but it didn't matter as there was no wrong way to go about playing the game. If you're as tired as I am of these single player campaigns that push you down a narrow set of gameplay parameters, give this one a chance. While not without its flaws, the fact that it kept me hooked from the day I bought it till I beat it is really unusual for me and indicative of the high quality of this game.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Amazon has this for 34.99 right now. Too bad bestbuy didn't match it as I still have my coupon[/QUOTE]

If $41.99 is the price instore and you use your coupon it should come out to $27. Better than amazon even after tax :)

[quote name='rey6eric']If $41.99 is the price instore and you use your coupon it should come out to $27. Better than amazon even after tax :)[/QUOTE]

But wouldn't you rather bestbuy have Ot for 34.99 before you stack the coupon ? That would make deus ex 19.99 after the coupon which is even better :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']But wouldn't you rather bestbuy have Ot for 34.99 before you stack the coupon ? That would make deus ex 19.99 after the coupon which is even better :)[/QUOTE]

They won't apply the coupon after price matching another store, and matching Amazon is very YMMV :(

And as we learned a couple of weeks ago, they won't even apply the coupon after matching a price from their own website. This was the case with the GOW collection last week. The policy was confirmed by a BB rep on their forums: link

[quote name='midloo']They won't apply the coupon after price matching another store, and matching Amazon is very YMMV :([/QUOTE]

When amazon had killzone 3 hellghast edition for 40 $ and I told my bestbuy about it they said "you should have told us before the price went back up case we could have matched it". Ill probibly give it a shot today or tommorow. Wish me luck !

[quote name='rey6eric']If $41.99 is the price instore and you use your coupon it should come out to $27. Better than amazon even after tax :)[/QUOTE]

Is there an advantage to buying new vs used? The game can be had used from amazon for $27 as well.

[quote name='kill3r7']Is there an advantage to buying new vs used? The game can be had used from amazon for $27 as well.[/QUOTE]

I think there was a code packed into new games. As I recall, it wasn't a serious addition to the game, but I'm sure it's nice to have all things being equal.

[quote name='strait edge follower']But wouldn't you rather bestbuy have Ot for 34.99 before you stack the coupon ? That would make deus ex 19.99 after the coupon which is even better :)[/QUOTE]

That would be an amazing deal but I don't think we'll see a better price until next month.

I regret picking it up for $35 from Amazon because I haven't even opened up my copy:booty:

[quote name='kill3r7']Is there an advantage to buying new vs used? The game can be had used from amazon for $27 as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='midloo']I think there was a code packed into new games. As I recal, it wasn't a serious addition to the game, but I'm sure it's nice to have all things being equal.[/QUOTE]

My recollection is that the only codes available were for pre-orders. The game itself has no online pass type codes. You can play the entire game if you buy it used.

Amazing game. I highly recommend.

[quote name='CaseX']My recollection is that the only codes available were for pre-orders. The game itself has no online pass type codes. You can play the entire game if you buy it used.

Amazing game. I highly recommend.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction.

I bought a copy on day one from BB, so it could be that my copy had a "preorder" package in it even though I didn't pre order.

Just called my local BB and they have it listed as $59.99 in store, so YMMV on getting them to stack this with the coupon as they have to match their own website. *sigh*

Black Friday is not that far away, and with all the great games coming out they will have to drop this one to keep people interested. Can't wait to play this though. Hopefully the stealth elements will fill my Splinter Cell void for a while...

[quote name='rey6eric']That would be an amazing deal but I don't think we'll see a better price until next month.

I regret picking it up for $35 from Amazon because I haven't even opened up my copy:booty:[/QUOTE]

I pm'ed Amazon's price of $34.99 a while ago, and barely played it. Mine came with the Tactical Enhancement pack(DLC Pre-order bonus). I'll eventually get around to playing this game because it looks promising. Winter break can't come soon enough...

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I pm'ed Amazon's price of $34.99 a while ago, and barely played it. Mine came with the Tactical Enhancement pack(DLC Pre-order bonus). I'll eventually get around to playing this game because it looks promising. Winter break can't come soon enough...[/QUOTE]

What with all these fall AAA titles I still don't see myself getting to this game come winter break. I know it will be worth the wait though considering all the praise it has received:)
Spring break can't come soon enough...

[quote name='rey6eric']What with all these fall AAA titles I still don't see myself getting to this game come winter break. I know it will be worth the wait though considering all the praise it has received:)
Spring break can't come soon enough...[/QUOTE]

I know people will call me crazy, but I'm actually holding off on the bigger titles until sometime next year. I can wait for price drops because I'm cheap. Plus I have so many games that I need to go through right now, it's not even funny. Besides I might win some of those titles that I want, or I could just borrow them from my friends. I just can't stand to pay full price for a game because I can stretch my money out further. More money in my pockets equals more dates, going to bars, and saving up for a few things I want. Don't attack me too much.;)

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I know people will call me crazy, but I'm actually holding off on the bigger titles until sometime next year. I can wait for price drops because I'm cheap. Plus I have so many games that I need to go through right now, it's not even funny. Besides I might win some of those titles that I want, or I could just borrow them from my friends. I just can't stand to pay full price for a game because I can stretch my money out further. More money in my pockets equals more dates, going to bars, and saving up for a few things I want. Don't attack me too much.;)[/QUOTE]

No, I feel you. The only reason I'm picking up the new releases is due to the BestBuy 5/100 deal. Otherwise I usually wait for price drops as well.

[quote name='rey6eric']What with all these fall AAA titles I still don't see myself getting to this game come winter break. I know it will be worth the wait though considering all the praise it has received:)
Spring break can't come soon enough...[/QUOTE]

With BBY massive trade in values and the 5/$100 I decided not to wait. Glad I did too because the TiV MAY be starting to go down.

Anyhow with the above deals and PMing I have gotten 3 free rentals (NCAA, Madden and rage) and 2 free games to keep after the $100 in RZ points come in. My wife likes it because she can't chew me out for buying games, but she can chew me out for spending way too much time trying to play them before the TiV drops.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']With BBY massive trade in values and the 5/$100 I decided not to wait. Glad I did too because the TiV MAY be starting to go down.

Anyhow with the above deals and PMing I have gotten 3 free rentals (NCAA, Madden and rage) and 2 free games to keep after the $100 in RZ points come in. My wife likes it because she can't chew me out for buying games, but she can chew me out for spending way too much time trying to play them before the TiV drops.[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy "massive" trade in values aren't quite so massive lately. They've put their TIV on a strict diet and it's slimming down rather quickly.

[quote name='rey6eric']No, I feel you. The only reason I'm picking up the new releases is due to the BestBuy 5/100 deal. Otherwise I usually wait for price drops as well.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good man. I thought I thought I was the only one.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The Best Buy "massive" trade in values aren't quite so massive lately. They've put their TIV on a strict diet and it's slimming down rather quickly.[/QUOTE]
Still better than the alternatives

Was there at 10:00 this morning. My BB was willing to match the online "sale price," but pointed out the fine print on the coupon which indicates the $15 is off "regular" price only. They said if there was a "price drop," rather than sale, they would take the $15 off as well. Sounds a bit like semantics, but, oh, well...

Sylvia

[quote name='sylvia61']Was there at 10:00 this morning. My BB was willing to match the online "sale price," but pointed out the fine print on the coupon which indicates the $15 is off "regular" price only. They said if there was a "price drop," rather than sale, they would take the $15 off as well. Sounds a bit like semantics, but, oh, well...

Sylvia[/QUOTE]

I would just pm Amazon price of $29.99. This game is worth the $35.

I can also confirm, in store price was $60. Guy was really nice though and tried to let me stack the coupon, but the system wouldn't allow it.

[quote name='TheodorusMajorus']I can also confirm, in store price was $60. Guy was really nice though and tried to let me stack the coupon, but the system wouldn't allow it.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they need a manager over ride to allow the PM and coupon to stack.

[quote name='rey6eric']I'm pretty sure they need a manager over ride to allow the PM and coupon to stack.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they send out a corporate memo saying that you are allowed to use the coupon on sale prices? I think it was posted on their message boards.

[quote name='TheBiz']Didn't they send out a corporate memo saying that you are allowed to use the coupon on sale prices? I think it was posted on their message boards.[/QUOTE]

Currently it is supposed to work. The last one I used required a managers override but the BBY forums guy said that we should still be able to use them. So, it MIGHT require an override for this but every store SHOULD do it.

[quote name='exaznkid']looks like we'll have to wait for BB corporate to fix this.[/QUOTE]

There's no fix needed. The mods on the BB forums have confirmed that price matching does NOT stack with the coupons. You can either price match, or use a coupon. Not both. And price matching BB.com is still price matching.

[quote name='Kyden139']There's no fix needed. The mods on the BB forums have confirmed that price matching does NOT stack with the coupons. You can either price match, or use a coupon. Not both.[/QUOTE]
So is this an online sales price only then?

[quote name='Kyden139']There's no fix needed. The mods on the BB forums have confirmed that price matching does NOT stack with the coupons. You can either price match, or use a coupon. Not both. And price matching BB.com is still price matching.[/QUOTE]

This.

bread's done
Back