Devil May Cry 4 (PC) - $19.99 @ Amazon

Good deal if you're a DMC fan. Very well optimized game too. I ran it on a machine close to the minimum requirements (6800, 1GB RAM, 2.4 P4 Single Core, XP Pro w/SP2) and the game was very much playable on medium settings @ 1360x768. I'm pretty curious how the other Capcom NT framework games will run on this PC; namely Street Fighter IV (whenever that comes out for PC).

Runs really well on the PC.

Still, check Target first. They cleared it out a while back and your Target MIGHT... that's a big might.... MIGHT still have one or two.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Best console to PC port ever.[/quote]

That's saying a lot, considering it isn't GfW Live and no achievements (just saying, that's a consideration if its the best ever). Anything in particular that would make me choose this over the $10 BB deal this week on the 360 version?

Don't get me wrong, I'll almost always take PC over 360, especially now that I've got my Nvidia 3D Vision setup.

[quote name='turls']That's saying a lot, considering it isn't GfW Live and no achievements (just saying, that's a consideration if its the best ever). Anything in particular that would make me choose this over the $10 BB deal this week on the 360 version?

Don't get me wrong, I'll almost always take PC over 360, especially now that I've got my Nvidia 3D Vision setup.[/quote]Any game without GFW is a good port. ;) DMC doesn't have multiplayer so Live would be useless anyways.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Can anyone recommend a good third-party USB gamepad for this game?[/QUOTE]

Well the 360 wired controller is bar none the best for PC but other than that there aren't very many good ones.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Any game without GFW is a good port. ;) DMC doesn't have multiplayer so Live would be useless anyways.[/quote]

That didn't stop them from using Live in Fallout 3.

[quote name='YourFace']That didn't stop them from using Live in Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

But it has DLC and cheese mints. It's probably used for DRM on DLC.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Best console to PC port ever.[/quote]

I second that! I was a bit skeptical at first so I rented it. Then after I saw how nice it was I purchased it. This is one of the few games I don't mind playing over and over again.
pixel.gif

[quote name='RollingSkull']Runs really well on the PC.
00.gif
00.gif
[/quote]

I'm glad to hear it. I never got around to playing this when it was first released. Now's the time it seems.

[quote name='Justin42']Hrrm, this has Securom copy protection on it.. anyone have any issues?[/quote]

I haven't heard of anyone having issues with it on DMC 4, here's what someone said about it in one of the Amazon reviews:

"This game contains SecuROM, the hated security overkill. However! No install limits, data collection, online validations or other terrorist methods. SecuROM consists of a DVD check - you cannot play the game without inserting the DVD first. That kind of mild security is fair."

http://www.amazon.com/review/R27SZDZ81H5R80/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_alt_1

[quote name='Escargoexpress']Just use a 360/Ps3 controller[/quote]

Wait, is the PS3 controller now usable on the PC? Unless you mean the PS2 with a PS2-to-USB adapter.

[quote name='kazunori']Wait, is the PS3 controller now usable on the PC? Unless you mean the PS2 with a PS2-to-USB adapter.[/quote]Yes. Google "sixaxis drivers". No rumble support though.

might be a serious pain in the ass to get the PS3 controller mapped with it. 360 controller is automatically configured.

and yeah, this is an amazing port. Very easy to max the settings and if you have a 120hz display, you can run it at 120fps. :lol:

It was $19.99 at GameStop today too. Not sure if that is YMMV or not. I price-matched for the $10 360 version at Wal-Mart, since that was the first WM that had it since I got the ad in my hands Sunday.

bread's done
Back