Devil May Cry 5th Anniv. set

[quote name='s_eternal']hmmmmm.........tempting, since i got pt.2 by luck (free) and i acually liked the first one better.[/quote]
2 sucked. 1 & 3 were the best.

So that has all 3 DMC games in it?

I have never seen that set before, is it supposed to be all 3 regular releases collected together in a slipcase (but with each of their own seperate DVD cases)? Or is it repacked with three discs within the same dvd case?

[quote name='reibeatall']That's the official case for it. EB/GS has the same box.[/QUOTE]

You sure?

EB/GS =
281645b.jpg

Amazon =
B000IB0CU4.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38669632_.jpg

they look different to me

My TRU got this today too, for $29.99. I almost picked it up as part of the B2G1, since I still have a few unused % off coupons to use as wel.

[quote name='RoadDogg']You sure?

EB/GS =
281645b.jpg

Amazon =
B000IB0CU4.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38669632_.jpg

they look different to me[/quote]

Trust me. I work at GameStop and was the one who recieved the set. The website has the wrong picture.

Wrong picture for two reasons. First is that the cover GS has is the wrong one; also none of the games are MARKED Greatest Hits. Although DMC3 is the special edition, it still doesn't have that ugly red on it.

Tempting? This is a done deal for anyone who doesn't have any DMC games (me). Can't believe they are all black labels either.

[quote name='reibeatall']Although DMC3 is the special edition, it still doesn't have that ugly red on it.[/QUOTE]If that's true, I don't have 1 or 2 and would love to get a non-red 3.

I'll probably pick this up (along with a few other games) if I don't get a Wii and need something new to hold me over.

I have a question regarding this set. I was at Gamestop, and the back of the box indicates there are 4 disks. I wonder what that extra disk is?

edit: Just realized DMC2 is a 2 disk game (Funny, I've had the game for a few years now)

wow, if I didn't already have em, I'd be all over that. Seriously folks, if you have a PS2 and don't have these, get this set NOW. (just don't blame me if you actually decide to play 2 ;) )

[quote name='reibeatall']Trust me. I work at GameStop and was the one who recieved the set. The website has the wrong picture.

Wrong picture for two reasons. First is that the cover GS has is the wrong one; also none of the games are MARKED Greatest Hits. Although DMC3 is the special edition, it still doesn't have that ugly red on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeap, what he/she said. I just saw this in EB and it has the Amazon picture cover. It's DMC 1, 2 & 3-special-edition. Comes in three separate cases, all "normal" (non-GH) case.

One question, the back says the package contains 4 discs, what's the 4th one? Original DMC 3??

[quote name='Asgardian']
One question, the back says the package contains 4 discs, what's the 4th one? Original DMC 3??[/quote]

Check two posts above yours. :D

Awesome deal! DMC and DMC 3 are great, and I actually liked Dante's disc in DMC 2. I already own all three so it'd be wasteful to buy them again, but that box they come in is pretty cool.

This is a great collection with great value.

Yes the game boxes doesn't have Greatest Hits labels on them, even for DMC3-SE!:applause:

this is the pic, the bottom three are from the Collection Box:

dmc3.JPG

Wow, this is awesome, i only have DMC 3 SE, but i only played it once.....so i guess i can buy this set and keep the black one sealed, and play the other ones. now i can play trilogy * at least 1 and 3 * i never wanted to really play 3 without playing one. Awesome! ^-^

Wow. It looks like the 3 games from the set are individually factory sealed, without the red GH banner.

Do they have the same UPCs as the older counterparts?

Nice pics, Shadow. It's $40 at EB, right? I want it, but I don't want to wait for shipping from Capcom. $10 is a big difference though. Shit.

Do the spine and back look the same?

If that's true, I don't have 1 or 2 and would love to get a non-red 3.

It's definitely true, I was at TRU and GS today and both had identical sets. Although, it was only $30 at TRU (I bought it with the B2G1 sale) but it was $40 I THINK at GS.

Don't suppose anyone saw the Resident Evil set? Is it Player's Choice labeled or original label like this set? And prices?

[quote name='Trakan']Nice pics, Shadow. It's $40 at EB, right? I want it, but I don't want to wait for shipping from Capcom. $10 is a big difference though. Shit.

Do the spine and back look the same?[/quote]

Mostly the same, except on the lower-lefthand corner of the back of the collection's set, there's a line that says "Part of a set, not for resell"

[quote name='Trakan']Nice pics, Shadow. It's $40 at EB, right? I want it, but I don't want to wait for shipping from Capcom. $10 is a big difference though. Shit.

Do the spine and back look the same?[/QUOTE]

GFet it from TRU for $29.99.

Wow, and the Greatest Hits label was the only thing preventing me from buying this set. Now that I hear it's original copies in this, I'm going to go pick it up soon.

Does anyone know if the Resident Evil 10th Anniversary set:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=220267

Has regular labels as well? The Player's Choice labels are the only thing stopping me from buying this set also! Budget labeling is just so retarded - I have to buy used a lot of the time so I can get an original copy. It's like the companies want you to buy their games used and give them no money after a year.

[quote name='Xizer']Wow, and the Greatest Hits label was the only thing preventing me from buying this set. Now that I hear it's original copies in this, I'm going to go pick it up soon.

Does anyone know if the Resident Evil 10th Anniversary set:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=220267

Has regular labels as well? The Player's Choice labels are the only thing stopping me from buying this set also! Budget labeling is just so retarded - I have to buy used a lot of the time so I can get an original copy. It's like the companies want you to buy their games used and give them no money after a year.[/quote]

The RE collection IS player's choice; I.E. UGLY YELLOW.

[quote name='reibeatall']The RE collection IS player's choice; I.E. UGLY YELLOW.[/QUOTE]

Oh, damn it.

Well, Capcom, there's $40 you won't be getting from me. Raping the package with an ugly yellow banner, good idea! I guess when I decide to pick up RE and RE0 GameStop will be getting all the profit since I'll be getting used, original copies.

GG, Player's Choice.

Maybe the RE Collection will not be PC just like the DMC set. EB and GS showed the GH box for DMC and that turned out to be wrong, so maybe Capcom will follow through with RE just like DMC (as in, no PC).

[quote name='Kendro']Maybe the RE Collection will not be PC just like the DMC set. EB and GS showed the GH box for DMC and that turned out to be wrong, so maybe Capcom will follow through with RE just like DMC (as in, no PC).[/quote]

Nope. Tis all player's choice.

I'll bite when Christmas shopping starts for me (since it doesn't look like it's an temporary price).

Thanks OP!

it's tempting, but I have 1 and 2, and spending $30 for 3SE doesn't make sense since I can prob. grab one for $15 GGC at BB or snag one off eBay for less. I got the first two for like $7 combined NEW (when TRU was wiping 'em out, so $30 sounds high).

Man, CAG has spoiled me.

might as well just skip straight to 3:SE for about $12 on ebay and forget the rest.

bread's done
Back