Devil May Cry HD Collection (PS3) $29.99 @ Newegg

Raukue

CAGiversary!
I have never made a post before about this, usually others beat me to it, but because I chose to get alerted of a price on CAG here, which is pretty neat, here it is.

PS3 Only?:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879233062

Is it a sale? New price?

Dunno if it was worth posting, others probably got an alert as well, I dunno. Maybe I shouldn't have posted, maybe some else did already. Anyway... is that a good price or would it get lower? Sorry if not a good post, new to this.

[quote name='bojay1997']To me, Ico and Shadow collection is the gold standard. If it's not up to that (which clearly it's not), there really is no point. I already own and have played through the originals. I don't need something that just has a quick gloss of paint and some upscaling for another $40. There really is little point in continuing to argue this. If you think it's a good deal, by all means buy it. The rest of us will either wait for a significant price drop or not bother at all.[/QUOTE]

Judging from your perspective, you're better off not buying it all.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Thanks! I'll get it for 360 then. :D

Lost Odyssey is one of my all time favorite games of ever. xD The battle theme is a ringtone on my phone. The Thousand Years of Dreams were amazing.

Will always have wonderful memories of LO. Great to talk with other fans.[/QUOTE]

Lost Odyssey is officially the RPG of this gen...it's sad when it's better and feels more like Final Fantasy than FF actually does nowadays. Of course it makes sense seeing as how it was headed by Sakaguchi and the soundtrack was perfect thanks to Uematsu. If it is the last masterpiece I play by them I will be happy because what a title it was. Final Fantasy 7 was my title of the Psone days, Suikoden 3 won me over in the PS2 era and this gen I'm glad to say LO will Always stand out. With the laziness and trend RPGs are taking these days I hope there is something as amazing this next era..

[quote name='headbanger1186']Lost Odyssey is officially the RPG of this gen...it's sad when it's better and feels more like Final Fantasy than FF actually does nowadays. Of course it makes sense seeing as how it was headed by Sakaguchi and the soundtrack was perfect thanks to Uematsu. If it is the last masterpiece I play by them I will be happy because what a title it was. Final Fantasy 7 was my title of the Psone days, Suikoden 3 won me over in the PS2 era and this gen I'm glad to say LO will Always stand out. With the laziness and trend RPGs are taking these days I hope there is something as amazing this next era..[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls is brokitten tho the Odyssey of the Lost is pretty solid

Didn't even realize this was released already. Never played a DMC game, but i always wanted to check them out. Regardless the job on the HD, is it worth getting if ou never played them before? Also, what's the gameplay like, God of War? Hack n Slash?

[quote name='chunlirocks']Demon's Souls is brokitten tho the Odyssey of the Lost is pretty solid[/QUOTE]

Not reall sure what brokitten is but I loved Demon's Souls and Dark Souls for their old school difficulty and relentlessness, but I mean like turn based and pure JRPG. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are really excellent Dark Action Adventure titles. From Software is one of my favorite developers out there...I have loved them ever since Otogi graced me with it's presence.. there is an HD collection I'd like,...Otogi 1 and 2.

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Didn't even realize this was released already. Never played a DMC game, but i always wanted to check them out. Regardless the job on the HD, is it worth getting if ou never played them before? Also, what's the gameplay like, God of War? Hack n Slash?[/QUOTE]

Definitely pick it up when you get a chance. DMC1 and DMC3 are insta-classics. DMC2 is a notable blemish on the entire series, but the other two are amazing. These games birthed the standard for the entire action genre. Without DMC, GoW might never have existed, though the gameplay is more like Bayonetta than GoW.

Generally speaking, DMC1 gets a lot of praise for its aesthetics and design. DMC3 gets a lot of praise for its revolutionary combat. It's hack and slash, but on a more technical level. It requires finesse, precision, and manual dexterity... and it takes a little while for it to all "click". But once it does, the experience is unparalleled. Like Bayonetta, these games were also all intended to be played through on multiple difficulties with New Game+ features. The harder difficulties rebalance enemy placement, patterns, and enemy skills.

There are varying degrees of skill with which you can approach DMC. To an extent, you can mash buttons and spam items to get through the game, but the GOAL of the game is Stylish Action, and you want to be as slick as possible with your combos. Here are some examples of expert play in DMC3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueDWmyiYuI8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8n04CyVAtI
These are just examples though. You can find plenty of videos of all the games on Youtube. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GuardianE']Definitely pick it up when you get a chance. DMC1 and DMC3 are insta-classics. DMC2 is a notable blemish on the entire series, but the other two are amazing. These games birthed the standard for the entire action genre. Without DMC, GoW might never have existed, though the gameplay is more like Bayonetta than GoW.

Generally speaking, DMC1 gets a lot of praise for its aesthetics and design. DMC3 gets a lot of praise for its revolutionary combat. It's hack and slash, but on a more technical level. It requires finesse, precision, and manual dexterity... and it takes a little while for it to all "click". But once it does, the experience is unparalleled. Like Bayonetta, these games were also all intended to be played through on multiple difficulties with New Game+ features. The harder difficulties rebalance enemy placement, patterns, and enemy skills.

There are varying degrees of skill with which you can approach DMC. To an extent, you can mash buttons and spam items to get through the game, but the GOAL of the game is Stylish Action, and you want to be as slick as possible with your combos. Here are some examples of expert play in DMC3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueDWmyiYuI8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8n04CyVAtI
These are just examples though. You can find plenty of videos of all the games on Youtube. Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the lengthy response. I will definately be checking them out.

bread's done
Back