Devil May Cry or Devil May Cry 2

snotknocker

CAGiversary!
I picked both of these up on the cheap. I got a pissload of games I have'nt played yet and may not get around to these for a while either. But if I do I'd rather play the better one first. Storyline and graphics rank below good gameplay for me. I've read the reviews but would prefer some feedback from my fellow CAG's

Thanks

If the reviews you read favored the first one, then they are more right then you could ever imagine.

Forget the 2nd one exists. Go play Ninja Gaiden after you beat the 1st DMC and pretend Dante becane a ninja. That's what I did.

why would you wanna play the best one first? then you just wont wanna play the worst at all making the game useless to you. i say play 2 then play 1. or play 1 and dont play 2 at all.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']why would you wanna play the best one first? then you just wont wanna play the worst at all making the game useless to you. i say play 2 then play 1. or play 1 and dont play 2 at all.[/quote]

Cause I probably will never get around to playing both. And even the worst games have some redeeming value even if it's to fling into the wall to see how many pieces it shatters into.

it doesnt make sense to buy something you're not gonna play....while i do have over 100 games i havent even played yet....i guarantee you that i will fit them all in one day....it'll probably be soon too....during that big slump of hardly any good releases right before and after the new systems appear

Once again, I must chime in and ask why DMC2 gets such hostile reviews. Honestly, it's not much different from the first one. Someone said it's too easy...hell, it's no easier or harder than the first one.

So far "it's too easy" is the only reason I've seen when people complain about DMC2. I think maybe ONE person said there was slowdown (there's not, at least not when I've played).

I rented DMC 2 and had no idea what the hell the story was about. But it sure as hell looked cool when I pulled off those insane moves.

The fact that it is too easy is a bigger problem than you think.

The first DMC was great because it's difficulty forced you to actually learn how to utilize all the moves Dante had available. Without that difficulty present, people by instinct won't try to use the new moves they learn as they progress. They'll want to try to learn the moves, but they'll also notice that standing in the corner firing the shotgun is just as effective as any of the more complicated moves could be.

That is why the fast that the game is too easy is a major problem. And the weird disco music in the game didn't help it much either.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']it doesnt make sense to buy something you're not gonna play....while i do have over 100 games i havent even played yet....i guarantee you that i will fit them all in one day....it'll probably be soon too....during that big slump of hardly any good releases right before and after the new systems appear[/quote]

I have kids and friends that are gamers so when you think about it, it does really make sense for me to buy something that I'm never gonna play.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Once again, I must chime in and ask why DMC2 gets such hostile reviews. Honestly, it's not much different from the first one. Someone said it's too easy...hell, it's no easier or harder than the first one.

So far "it's too easy" is the only reason I've seen when people complain about DMC2. I think maybe ONE person said there was slowdown (there's not, at least not when I've played).[/quote]

The story completely baffled me. I had no idea what was going on, and I had to imagine reasons or story to fill in the gaps. It was very unsatisfying.

The game was also too easy. I ended up simply shooting most of the baddies i ran across, especiallly the boss on the oil rig. You couldn't get away with just shooting your guns in DMC1. Nelo Angelo would have handed you your ass.

The extra missions were just fighting. No creative backtracking or stomping bugs. They were just like another room with bad guyz, just harder to get to.

Demon Tanks and Helicopters....come on. Why is that city so fucking big and no one fucking lives there? What is its name? Where is it? Magical demon world??

bread's done
Back