Dexter Season 1-4 blu ray $105.49 Amazon

I've been meaning to check out this show after a friend told me about it, but hate to buy it now why the show is still running. Would rather have the final/ultimate set. How many seasons is it slated to run? Or should I just wait on a "better" price?

The first 2 seasons are available on netflix to watch instantly. Go that route. I'm just now finishing up season 1 and it's def. one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The first 2 seasons are available on netflix to watch instantly. Go that route. I'm just now finishing up season 1 and it's def. one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Best show on all of Television right now in my opinion.

Personally I think that Season 3 is the weakest of the 5 seasons (Season 5 is finishing up this coming Sunday). Just a heads up there. ;)

1 & 2 are both very good though. Season 4 is just epic. Season 5 is pretty damn good too and could rival Season 4 depending on what happens in the finale.

[quote name='AceBB6']I've been meaning to check out this show after a friend told me about it, but hate to buy it now why the show is still running. Would rather have the final/ultimate set. How many seasons is it slated to run? Or should I just wait on a "better" price?[/QUOTE]

Yea just watch the first 2 seasons on netflix like ssjmichael suggested. Pretty sure season 3 and 4 will make its way to netflix as well.

Idk Season 5 seems pretty weak to me as well. It's similar to season 3 imo. The season finale seems like it's going to be awesome though.

IIRC, just a few months ago Amazon had Seasons 1, 2, and 3, for $78 together (basically $26 per season).

If you buy all 4 for $105, then basically you're spending $26.25 per season.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']IIRC, just a few months ago Amazon had Seasons 1, 2, and 3, for $78 together (basically $26 per season).

If you buy all 4 for $105, then basically you're spending $26.25 per season.[/QUOTE]

actually it was $69.99 for seasons 1-3 making it $23.33 a season

Season 1 and 2 were added to netflix instant watch sometime after the conclusion to Season 2, but before season 3 aired. If no more have been added then there is no guarantee that they will. It's been $105 for about a week, but that's not the best price for the 4-pack, it was $95 in mid-October.

Dexter was renewed a few days ago so it will be back for at least one more season, a sixth. Actor contracts end after the sixth season so if they want to bring the series back for a seventh they will have to renegotiate contracts, which is probably why they only renewed it for one season this time (they renewed it after season 3 for two more season).

Hey thanks guys, I will Netflix it for now. Much appreciated!

[quote name='guardian_owl']Season 1 and 2 were added to netflix instant watch sometime after the conclusion to Season 2, but before season 3 aired. If no more have been added then there is no guarantee that they will. It's been $105 for about a week, but that's not the best price for the 4-pack, it was $95 in mid-October.

Dexter was renewed a few days ago so it will be back for at least one more season, a sixth. Actor contracts end after the sixth season so if they want to bring the series back for a seventh they will have to renegotiate contracts, which is probably why they only renewed it for one season this time (they renewed it after season 3 for two more season).[/QUOTE]

With how well the ratings are holding up for this show, only increasing season after season, Showtime has to renew it after season 6 and offer them new contracts. Then again, they canceled Dead Like Me and that was a top rated show on the network as well.

Love this show. I've gotten tons of people I know hooked on it.:lol:

My sister let me log into her netflix on the xbox solely for this show. I have watched the last 2 seasons in 2 weeks. working on the 3rd now. I can see why people my think its the weakest. It's more story driven. Not so much action.

bread's done
Back