Dexter Season 1 Boxset - August 21st - $28 Preorder @ Amazon

Aw, man. I got all excited for a minute there because I thought this thread was referring to Dexter's Laboratory, which I'd love to see on DVD someday soon. Never seen this show.

Dexter is Showtime, not HBO. The list price is $39.95, so it should be that or slightly less at tons of retailers opening week, plus it's about the same price ($28.xx) on Deepdiscount for preorder at the moment. Thanks for the effort, though, OP. Cool show, too.

[quote name='Liontamer']Aw, man. I got all excited for a minute there because I thought this thread was referring to Dexter's Laboratory, which I'd love to see on DVD someday soon. Never seen this show.[/QUOTE]

Hah, same here. :lol:

Correction- Dexter was probably the best SHOW of last year :lol: Great show. Second season coming somewhat soon too :) Each season is based on a book. Books are a little different, though, so check those out as well if you liked the show.

Dexter is really a fantastic show. For the uninitiated, it's about a guy who's a CSI by day and a serial killer by night. And he's the hero. You like him.

The coolest new show this season. Season 2 looks to be awesome as well from the previews. Showtime has really come into their own with original series. Weeds is another excellent show.

[quote name='raregamergirl']Correction- Dexter was probably the best SHOW of last year :lol: Great show. Second season coming somewhat soon too :) Each season is based on a book. Books are a little different, though, so check those out as well if you liked the show.[/quote]

I like Weeds and Boston Legal better, but that's because I like the comedy drama type.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I really, REALLY wanna buy this, but I'm trying to not spend money on non-HD discs.

Release this on HD-DVD dammit![/QUOTE]

ditto. Especially when it airs in HD on the channel... urgh!

[quote name='raregamergirl']Correction- Dexter was probably the best SHOW of last year :lol: Great show. Second season coming somewhat soon too :) Each season is based on a book. Books are a little different, though, so check those out as well if you liked the show.[/QUOTE]

2nd season is an original story that isn't based on a book. That makes things much more interesting for me since I've read both books to this point and will be reading the third as soon as it comes out.

[quote name='Squirms']The coolest new show this season. Season 2 looks to be awesome as well from the previews. Showtime has really come into their own with original series. Weeds is another excellent show.[/quote]

Weeds is, indeed, also excellent. The pricing on S1 DVDs for this show has been very nice, as well...I scored it for about $18 at Target and I think Wal-mart has it for $20.

Season 3 starts in a couple of weeks, I think.

I think I will wait til the week before it comes out. After speedy posts all the local ads, then I will decide to pre-order or not.

I'm kinda disappointed by this price. Most of Showtime's other newer shows (Brotherhood, Sleeper Cell) can usually be found for around $20 when they first come out, so it sucks that this one is around $30. Oh well, hopefully it will drop sometime soon.

Weeds was on sale last week I think for $13 dollars. The problem is that it only had 10 episodes in season one that were 30 minutes each. Dexter had 11 episodes that were 50 minutes each.

And yes season 3 of Weeds starts in August and it will have on of the Olsen twins on the show for several episodes.

[quote name='Liontamer']Aw, man. I got all excited for a minute there because I thought this thread was referring to Dexter's Laboratory, which I'd love to see on DVD someday soon. Never seen this show.[/QUOTE]Same here, I was so excited because I was just discussing this the other day.

Weeds is also a fantastic show and is one of the best on TV as well. Showtime has a pretty nice lineup right now. Perhaps even better than HBO (though HBO does still have entourage, keeping it close).

I did not know the upcoming season was not based on the second book. Kind of tried to avoid any type of spoilers on the upcoming season. Pretty cool to know. Will be VERY interesting to see what they do with it.

The thing that made Dexter so amazing is that it was such a unique show that grabbed you in and did not let up anywhere in the season. Solid from beginning to end and great acting as well.

[quote name='raregamergirl']Showtime has a pretty nice lineup right now.[/quote]
David Duchovny's new show, Californication, is on Showtime, too...it looks really good. It's a 30-minute "dramatic-comedy" and they're partnering it with Weeds...should be a good night of TV. I've been hoping he'd do something worthwhile since The X-Files ended.

I heard one spoiler and it's a big one for Dexter, don't worry I won't say it. All I will say is what the hell will season 3 be about?!

[quote name='bmachine']Weeds is, indeed, also excellent. The pricing on S1 DVDs for this show has been very nice, as well...I scored it for about $18 at Target and I think Wal-mart has it for $20.

Season 3 starts in a couple of weeks, I think.[/quote]

Whats even more nice is that its only $20 for season 1 of Weeds on Blu-Ray at Walmart.

bread's done
Back