Dexter Season 3 $18.50 (DVD...All 3 for $48!) or $37 (BD) @ Amazon plus save $10 on 2

The show is shot with HD cameras, and I own both season 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray. It is a very big step up compared to the DVDs (which I also owned but gave away once I upgraded to HD).

Ugh, so is that really the official cover and not a placeholder? I thought they would go with the "power saw to the people" promo art.

Oh well, in for one.

Yeah, I suggest getting it on blu. The blacks and reds are stunning. And really, for a show about a serial killer, I love having really rich reds.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Ugh, so is that really the official cover and not a placeholder? I thought they would go with the "power saw to the people" promo art.

Oh well, in for one.[/QUOTE]

Same. That "Power Saw To The People" art was awesome, I was really hoping it'd be the actual cover.

I'll still grab it though, no way I can not own the best show on television.

[quote name='bhk']Blu-Ray:

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B0029XZODY

DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B0015ABRE2
3.gif
[/QUOTE]

In for one. Thanks

Pimpslaps for anybody that says this was a bad season. For once I actually liked Jimmy Smits.

Next season is going to be awesome. John Lithgow plays a serial killer Frank Lundy is tracking that gets chased to Miami. So Carradine is coming back too!

Hmm, this is tempting. 4 episodes into Season 1 on DVD and loving it so far.

Maybe I should upgrade for seasons 2 and 3?

Dang, how did I miss this. Well I guess it was for the good, just got the blu ray w/free shipping. Gotta watch it before the new seasons starts. I have the other two on blu ray and it is the only way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone hasn't seen this show I HIGHLY recommend it. I'm probably the most picky person regarding what I'll watch. I watched season 1 and 2 on netflix and instantly fell in love with the show, I wouldn't argue against this being the best show on television...ever. I definitely think it is currently one of the best shows on the tube. Anyways I bought both sets after I saw them on netflix and can't wait to buy the third, also season 4 starts in September. I also believe the show is signed through season 5, great time to get into this.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']I watched season 1 on netflix, and i dont understand whats with the all the hype?[/QUOTE]

I definitely think season 1 is the weakest of the 3. I thought season 2 and 3 were amazing. Season 2 was my favorite though.

So what's my best bet for blu?? Buy all three from amazon or get season 1 for $20 at target on sunday and get season 2 & 3 off amazon??? I'll investigate and figure out the numbers

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Get season 1 from Target if you can get it for $20. I don't think Amazon ever goes below $30.[/QUOTE]
But that's the DVD, not the Blu-ray, correct?

[quote name='Flak']Awesome deal. If it drops in price anymore Amazon charges me the lowest amount when it ships yeah?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's right. I pulled the trigger when it was $24.99 or $24.49 or whatever. So this just gets better and better for me.

Whats going on with Dexter for these prices to happen? Damn I wish whatever is it could get passed on to HBO. I would love to blind buy Ladies Detective Agency but not unless its at least 36.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they would lower the Blu-Rays by the same % as the dvds! So tempting to get the dvd for so cheap, but I just can't buy a DVD when I know there's an HD Blu-Ray version.

Yeah, I was considering upgrading to BD for season 2 but then I saw the DVD price of $14.49 and just couldn't justify the price difference of $25 or so.

Might just jump on Season 3 for that price as well.

As now noted in OP, you can gett season 1 for $16 and Season 2 for $14.50, making it $48 for all 3 on DVD. This is a steal.

I already have season 1 and 2 on DVD... should I just get the third season on DVD too? I really want to upgrade the collection to Blu-ray, but when its so cheap for the DVD its hard to pass up.

Netflix also got me hooked on this masterpiece. I thought LOST was the best show on tv, but this blows it away, even the first two seasons of LOST might not be as good as Dexter.

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like the first two seasons of Dexter. (I haven't seen three yet.)

I have become a freakin spokesperson for this show getting all my friends and co-workers to watch it.

Dexter and True Blood are two of my favorite new series i've gotten into recently. Ordered Season 3 of dexter since I haven't seen it yet.

What the ef? It went back to 19.99. Damn. I hope it drops back down next week when it comes out. I was waiting to buy it to see if another product would drop to get the FSSS. Damn.

Thanks OP, grabbed season 3, was 19.99 but thats fine and i also picked up the Iron Giant special edition for 5.99 and first season of I Spy for 10.99. Amazon has great prices right now be sure to check out anything youve been holding off buying! With prime you cant go wrong!

bread's done
Back