Diablo 2 Battle Chest

5 days ago about 900 then 2 days later 600 then later that day 160 then the next day 4000 then the next day 0 then 4000 then 0 now 4000 again

idk, im debating doing this as it seems legit but id also like to have the first game and the 2 strategy guides for another like 15 bucks.

Decided to hold off. Blizzards privacy policy is shit. I think im the only one who actually reads those things. Anyways, does anyone know if the guides the battlechest comes with are the actual strategy guide or are they small hintbooks like amazon makes them out to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time I bought it they were the full sized strategy guides. That was awhile ago and it certainly may have changed, since I bought the WC3 battle chest, and that had the pocket sized ones.

I imagine, however, that there is way more useful information on D2 out and about on the intertubes than in nearly a decade old strategy guides.

[quote name='genfuyung']idk, im debating doing this as it seems legit but id also like to have the first game and the 2 strategy guides for another like 15 bucks.

Decided to hold off. Blizzards privacy policy is shit. I think im the only one who actually reads those things. Anyways, does anyone know if the guides the battlechest comes with are the actual strategy guide or are they small hintbooks like amazon makes them out to be?[/QUOTE]

I bought mine a week ago and they were full sized, but like analogline said, I'm sure that there are better strategy guides on the internet than something that came out when Diablo 2 was released.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']I bought mine a week ago and they were full sized, but like analogline said, I'm sure that there are better strategy guides on the internet than something that came out when Diablo 2 was released.[/quote]

Yeah im sure they are but idk, i like tangible things. I hate the idea of digital downloads. Any place to get this for under 30?

It's actually no more a "digital download" than buying the CDs. I bought a set of keys yesterday and did the download thing from blizzard. There's no DRM beyond what's on the CD version that I'm aware of, and you can burn the files to DVD and install at will. Having a valid key is all you need. I installed it on my Mac and PC, same download, same keys, everything worked (well, everything except massive problems with the latest Leopard patch making it so I can't run it on my Mac...).

[quote name='genfuyung']idk, im debating doing this as it seems legit but id also like to have the first game and the 2 strategy guides for another like 15 bucks.

Decided to hold off. Blizzards privacy policy is shit. I think im the only one who actually reads those things. Anyways, does anyone know if the guides the battlechest comes with are the actual strategy guide or are they small hintbooks like amazon makes them out to be?[/QUOTE]

Any guide that comes from Blizzard Battlechest are complete joke. Not only the information is lacking(kinda surprising, it about the size of phonebook), but most importantly, it can't keep up with the patches. So a physical copy is useless. You can go to arreat summit for latest information, but if you want character builds(how to invest your skills points or equipment) you should go to a fan website devoted entirely to Diablo.

I bought cdkeys for both Diablo 2 and LOD, went to blizzard and registered an account. Once I registered, I added both games I wanted and applied the cdkeys.

But now when I'm installing, its asking for a 26 digit cdkey.. I was under the impression that I bought this already.. Cause the cdkey I have isn't even close to 26 digits.

Yup,.. U are 100% correct..
g2buy.com also referred me to the same info. Once I get home I'll verify everything was accurate.. BUT i have to say things have gone very well..

5 bucks and saving me gas.. compared to 39.99 plus tax.. U gotta lovei it

bread's done
Back