Diablo 3 on Feb 1st!

As one of the comments noted: They spelled February wrong. Still, would be amazing if it was being released that soon. I haven't heard much from the Beta though.

But, for the website to list the release date, that's a bit more than just a photoshopped pic. That's someone hacking and posting, or it's legit, and the signage is a typo.

I so want it to be real.

why are they releasing it Feb 1? Thats a Wed, normally Tueday is release date for the industry. I really hope this is legit though.

I can maybe see this being real but is the Beta even done? Are a lot of the stuff fixed already? Blizzard always stated that a game won't be released "until it's ready." So... can it really be ready? :eek:

[quote name='SEH']The IGN article said they contacted the Best Buy and confirmed the signage is indeed legit.[/QUOTE]

Link?

The release date is unofficial, Best buy is just being stupid.

Blizzard would announce it themselves first before anything, that is just how they do things.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Of course best buy is going to say the sign is legit. They put it up right?

The release date is not legit obviously.[/QUOTE]

They prepare things like signage months in advance. It's not too far-fetched to be legit. The last release date was supposed to be holiday 2011. If they delayed it to Feb 1st to tweak it, and the beta build is running, it's not out of the question that they have the final build ready or close to ready. Guess we'll see on Feb 1st.

I think it's bullshit. There is NO WAY Blizzard would sanction this without announcing the release date themselves especially when the date is less than a month away. I'm pretty befuddled as to why Best Buy did this or where they would have gotten this misinformation. I'm hoping Activision isn't pulling some shit behind Blizzard's back.

[quote name='tcrash247']I think it's bullshit. There is NO WAY Blizzard would sanction this without announcing the release date themselves especially when the date is less than a month away. I'm pretty befuddled as to why Best Buy did this or where they would have gotten this misinformation. I'm hoping Activision isn't pulling some shit behind Blizzard's back.[/QUOTE]

Have we ever really been able to gauge what Blizzard is going to do next? The only other company that comes close to trolling gamers as much is Valve. I wouldn't put it past them if they meant to surprise us on Feb 1st, and Best Buy let the surprise out of the bag early by putting up their signs.

As much as it will suck if it turns out not to be true, at least we can all point at Best Buy and do the Nelson from the Simpsons "ha-ha" laugh at them.

I'm actually hoping it is real though...

Some consumer-based news outlets are saying Best Buy may be going the way of Circuit City and CompUSA this year. Them leaking the release date, and spelling February wrong on ad signage isn't surprising. I'm just worried I won't have a place to window shop for Amazon.

Honestly i just go to wallmart or one of them places trying to mimic radio shack(not radio shack tho because they ar ea rip off hehe)if i'm desperate for a temp computer, stereo or computer item. i can see buying tvs there but i took the gable on the internet and glad i did because the tv turned out great and look at the tvs at wallmart and glad i didn't get one of those.

video games well its full price. so no thx. =p

If the release date was actually Feb 1st we would know it by now. D3 is March at the earliest and I doubt it will be that soon even.

I saw this post everywhere but somehow over at D3's forum people doesnt believe so. I believe this is true because they wouldnt spend alot of money to print out those signs and delay the game again.

[quote name='JungleG1337']I saw this post everywhere but somehow over at D3's forum people doesnt believe so. I believe this is true because they wouldnt spend alot of money to print out those signs and delay the game again.[/QUOTE]

This isn't the firs time best buy has done this, blizzard has already came out and said feb 1 is not the release date, why are people still trying to believe it?

[quote name='JungleG1337']I saw this post everywhere but somehow over at D3's forum people doesnt believe so. I believe this is true because they wouldnt spend alot of money to print out those signs and delay the game again.[/QUOTE]

Lol? Blizzard already debunked this, man. Anyone who believed this to be true doesn't know Blizzard at all.

Meh probably didn't cost much to do honestly, I think it was only one sign. Plus when the date is found out all they have to do is punch that in the computer graphic and print it again, virtually no time lost.

Though if I show up at midnight and the store isn't open ... does that become false advertising / bait and switch?

[quote name='strikeratt']Meh probably didn't cost much to do honestly, I think it was only one sign. Plus when the date is found out all they have to do is punch that in the computer graphic and print it again, virtually no time lost.[/QUOTE]

As a graphic designer who used to work in the sign business, time may not be lost, but plenty of money is. Mass producing signage like that isn't cheap. If that sign was/is in fact legit, there is no way they made just one. It's not like the manager just goes and says "hey, we should make a Diablo 3 sign", corporate puts the campaign together then produces enough copies of the ad to go in stores around the nation.

[quote name='SEH']As a graphic designer who used to work in the sign business, time may not be lost, but plenty of money is. Mass producing signage like that isn't cheap. If that sign was/is in fact legit, there is no way they made just one. It's not like the manager just goes and says "hey, we should make a Diablo 3 sign", corporate puts the campaign together then produces enough copies of the ad to go in stores around the nation.[/QUOTE]

My understanding though is it was just this one store that had it and it was a manager that said hey we should make a Diablo 3 sign :D

Didn't corporate have them take it down?

From the site:

Update 3: It gets more interesting! When we called the Rochester, Minnesota Best Buy this morning, a manager explained that the sign has been taken down as a directive from the store's "GM" (general manager), not because the manufacturer had asked but because the manufacturer has been "not very firm" in picking a launch date. As many had guessed (per the misspelling of "February," among other things), the signage was made in-house and not sent by Blizzard. If you happen to spot any similar signage in your local big box retailer, don't hesitate to contact us!

I mean the sign doesn't look like it was to difficult to design, or edit :D

Wow, I stand corrected then. I honestly cant believe the sign was made in-house. Whose bone-head idea was it to just randomly make a D3 sign with a false date as well as advertising a midnight launch? Whoever it was is/probably will be looking for a new job.

[quote name='SEH']Wow, I stand corrected then. I honestly cant believe the sign was made in-house. Whose bone-head idea was it to just randomly make a D3 sign with a false date as well as advertising a midnight launch? Whoever it was is/probably will be looking for a new job.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I agree with you, who would do this heh. As for the sign, I also thought it was sent to all stores to set up as well. It wasn't until I saw that update that I found out otherwise :D

It just doesn't make any sense to do something like this.

I have had it preordered at best buy for about a month and just got an email saying it has been pushed to 12/31/12.

[quote name='sendme']I have had it preordered at best buy for about a month and just got an email saying it has been pushed to 12/31/12.[/QUOTE]

lmfao...well so much for D3... THANKS A LOT MAYANS

Best Buy employees are not the brightest of the bunch, seriously :roll:.

Blizzard will most likely release this roughly around late Q1 to early Q2. I expect this before E3 or if not before, right and I mean right after.

Reason is WoW expansions have never been more than 2 years apart, and well if you go by that logic, the new WoW expansion has to hit end of this year or like Jan of next year. Plus on top of that, Blizzard would never release two games at once, or like a month in between. My guess is they release D3 around March-May, WoW expansion around Nov-Dec and then SC II Expansion sometime in 2013.

I'm waiting for the Diablo 3 release announcement on April 1st.

til then...It's beta beta beta beta beta. Sadly they wipe whenever they do a patch update.

bread's done
Back