Diablo Battle Chest (PC) $26.75 shipped at Amazon

Bartex

CAGiversary!
Amazon has the Diablo Battle Chest (PC) at $26.75.
Features: This collection features Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo II - Lord Of Destruction, and 2 Hint Guides.
Free Super Saver Shipping. AMAZON

Hmmm, isn't Diablo II going to be $8 at Circuit City next week? It's not the battle chest, but since I already have Diablo 1 plus the Hellfire expansion, the CC deal might be better. Maybe I could pick up Lord of Destruction for cheap later on.

[quote name='Kaijufan']It's crazy that Blizzard can still sell that for a $40 SRP.[/QUOTE]

That game is worth every cent.

[quote name='Moxio']That game is worth every cent.[/quote]
Not for me. A friend let me borrow his copy once, and I only made it to the first boss (a vampire in the graveyard I think). It was one of the most boring games I've ever played. It's a basic dungeon crawl, and I hate dungeon crawl games.

Still one of the best free online PC games to this day. Thousands of people still play this game. I just wish Blizzard would have kept their staff and began working hard on Diablo 3. WoW is great, and Warcraft 2 was a classic, but Blizzard needs to work on another addition to this series.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Not for me. A friend let me borrow his copy once, and I only made it to the first boss (a vampire in the graveyard I think). It was one of the most boring games I've ever played. It's a basic dungeon crawl, and I hate dungeon crawl games.[/quote]
You probably didn't give it enough time then, you were probably 15 minutes into it. The best part about Diablo 2 is questing with a bunch of other people and the dueling.

The somewhat breif story parts of it are great as well, the cinematics are really awesome.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']Damn, I shoulda boughti t when it was onsale. Its gotta be on sale soon. I need this game.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bet on it, Blizzard games have a tendancy not to drop in price...

Especially the Battle Chests...

I'd like to get this from Amazon (as I need to get a book there), but it's shipping from elsewhere for $4.99 now. No thanks.

I liked the first one better: Randomized quests, a mage that was actually powerful, better atmosphere, and it was really friggin hard!

I've played Diablo II, and it was pretty good. I found Sacred this year, and it's very good too, if not better. It's the same dungeon crawl style, but much more open-ended. You have free range over the entire world (if you can survive), and the skill/spell system is really good too. You can pick Sacred Gold for about $10 (jewel case format) at best buy and other similar stores.

Anyone else have thoughts about Sacred? I haven't played online yet, so I don't know how big that community is yet.

You truly cant be fulfilled with this game playing it for a measly 20 minutes

It's a true joy and addiction to play online. It gets a bit repetitious after the first time through but the true addiction comes from trying to get the very best of items and making the very best pvp character. Made a good $1500 selling items through ebay back in the day and havent played this in a while. Maybe I'll purchase a few for the cd keys :p

This deal is dead:

Amazon is selling it for $39.99
JR is selling it for $29.99 with $5 shipping through Amazon.

Either way, a lot more expensive.

So this game has really aged well then? I'm kinda interested, but I'm not sure if it's really worth it 6 years after the game originally came out.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Not for me. A friend let me borrow his copy once, and I only made it to the first boss (a vampire in the graveyard I think). It was one of the most boring games I've ever played. It's a basic dungeon crawl, and I hate dungeon crawl games.[/quote]

Diablo two consumed many of my hours for a a good 6 months straight when it first came out...and then my computer broke and it was never fixed :( Good game, but i prefer consoles. So its not as fun for me anymore.

bread's done
Back