Diablo clones?

Titan Quest (and the expansion) has TCP/IP, but no closed servers like Diablo 2. There is a lot of community support still going into the game, including a relatively new mod that completely replaces all of the classes in the game and another mod that gives a new full-length adventure. Check out TitanQuest.net for more info on that stuff.

On the Cheapass side, you can get a bundle (there may be a Titan Quest Gold or something that combines them) or buy the original and expansion separate for really cheap.

This is a great thread. ;)

Just to be certain, you guys are talking about Titan Quest Gold Edition which has the original TQ as well as Immortal Throne? I looked for other expansions and didn't see any, so I figure this is the bundle.

Another D2 style game I've enjoyed is Dungeon Siege (and DS2), but you probably already know it. You can pick it up cheap these days, and it has TCP/IP multiplayer etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Siege
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Siege_II

I really enjoyed Divine Divinity which is diablo style. It's basically like diablo, except with a much better story driven experience. No idea on whether there is multiplayer though.

Sacred is also similar though I didn't find it as good. I think this one has multiplayer.

The problem is, none have the closed, anti-cheater online play like diablo 2. So if you just want the same style gameplay, I recommend Divine Divinity

Oh yea, I remember seeing Divine Divinity at CC a while back, but never bought it. Now that you mention it, I realize that I need to pick that up some time too... ;)

I have Titan Quest, but not the expansion. I should get the expansion to see if it fixes some of the graphics issues the original version has.

I saw a cheap copy of Divine Divinity at Terget yesterdday that I might pick up. It got decent ratings, so it might be worth picking up. Oh, and Mythos is looking good, and it better be after the turd that Flagstaff bestowed upon us.

Another hearty recommendation for Titan Quest. I have both Titan Quest and the Immortal Throne expansion. It definitely fills the void after you tire of Diablo 2 and in my opinion does several things better.
My main issue with the game was the "rubber banding" that you can read plenty about on the Titan Quest forums. I don't know if any patch was ever released after Immortal Throne and I think Iron Lore Entertainment is now out of business. However, any issues I encountered did not detract from my overall enjoyment of the game and I highly recommend it. It is a good size game with very good replayability and I have spent many hours in multiplayer finishing the entire game with my Brother and Father.

If TCP/IP is not a MUST, I would check out Mythos.

I mean it's made by the people who made Diablo / Diablo 2 so it has a very similar feel to it. It also looks and plays great.

Dungeon Siege II
Titan Quest + Immortal Throne (I hated it, my clan loves it)
Mythos (closed beta ATM, but you can sign up on the site and wait for an invite)

I forgot about the LotR games. I had the Lord of the Rings: Two Towers for GBA, it is a great portable Diablo clone. Each character has their own skills trees and such, I wish they would've done something like it for PC. You should be able to find a dirt cheap copy of it now.

Anti-cheater? Diablo 2? In the same sentence?

Everybody uses maphack/bots to level and farm. You will never do a Baal run without the aid of a bot. Everybody cheats...

bread's done
Back