Diablo II is sucking away my life.

mrpotatohed

CAGiversary!
I got Diablo II for free from a friend who was done with it. I remember the first Diablo being so/so and it got boring pretty quick with all the cheating online. So I was kinda put off even trying the second one. I pulled it down off the shelf and knocked the dust off of it. That was two weeks ago... my spare time is now gone. This game rocks so hard. I go to work and think about stratagies then i come home and play till 3 in the morning. I go to sleep and dream of raking in huge piles of loot in the secret cow level. I wake up and play till i go back to work. SOMEONE HELP ME! It's seriously becoming a problem, I mean I need underwear and stuff.. NOPE NO TIME. gotta play...... In fact I am sitting at work and thinking about it while waiting to go home and play some more right now. Sigh...

Diablo 2 is one of those games that I'm usually able to pick up again about a year after I got sick of it. Once everybody started hacking on the realms I stopped playing, though...

[quote name='mrpotatohed']I got Diablo II for free from a friend who was done with it. I remember the first Diablo being so/so and it got boring pretty quick with all the cheating online. So I was kinda put off even trying the second one. I pulled it down off the shelf and knocked the dust off of it. That was two weeks ago... my spare time is now gone. This game rocks so hard. I go to work and think about stratagies then i come home and play till 3 in the morning. I go to sleep and dream of raking in huge piles of loot in the secret cow level. I wake up and play till i go back to work. SOMEONE HELP ME! It's seriously becoming a problem, I mean I need underwear and stuff.. NOPE NO TIME. gotta play...... In fact I am sitting at work and thinking about it while waiting to go home and play some more right now. Sigh...[/quote]

when you are done with that you can play the new version of Diablo II... that is dungeon siege nothing but hack and slash but you have pack mules to carry more bounty (or you might say you have asses to pack more booty)

I'm having the same problem with Champion's of Norrath now. I was playing Diablo in 2001 for the first time and was shocked the game was hacked/duped/modded beyond belief... LOL, I was such an online gaming noob then.

[quote name='mrpotatohed']I got Diablo II for free from a friend who was done with it. I remember the first Diablo being so/so and it got boring pretty quick with all the cheating online. So I was kinda put off even trying the second one. I pulled it down off the shelf and knocked the dust off of it. That was two weeks ago... my spare time is now gone. This game rocks so hard. I go to work and think about stratagies then i come home and play till 3 in the morning. I go to sleep and dream of raking in huge piles of loot in the secret cow level. I wake up and play till i go back to work. SOMEONE HELP ME! It's seriously becoming a problem, I mean I need underwear and stuff.. NOPE NO TIME. gotta play...... In fact I am sitting at work and thinking about it while waiting to go home and play some more right now. Sigh...[/quote]

Think about stratagies? I loved the game to be the only stragy was how fast I can click the mouse button and what spells/potions to have as hotkeys.

But I know of the fever of which you speak, and more cowbell ain't gonna cure it, only more diablo.

You sound like me, I stopped playing Diablo 2 a while ago and just picked it up again last week. I've been playing every moment I get ever since. heh

I played it for awhile non-stop about 4 years ago, but I haven't played Diablo since... so there's hope for you yet, although... it might be fun to play again...

This kid flunked out of my school because of Diablo II. Games that are just all about the level/item treadmill usually entertain me for about a week, never enough to keep going back to the same areas over and over just to get a slightly better item.

thats how i was with starcraft. nothing has stolen more of my life than starcraft. I took about 9 months off. I went back and found there was not a game to be found that was played hackless, so I quit.

I borrowed Diablo 2 from a friend and found it to be really boring. All I did was click click click, kill, kill, kill. I could only stand to play a few hours.

Oh man, this game sucked away 2 years of my life when it came out. I couldn't get away from my computer. It was all about magic find. Now its all hackers and crap.

I'm not much of a computer gamer, but that game sucked away many hours. Especially with the Necromancer, that dude was badass.

same thing happened to me with warcraft 3.... you will get over it and find a new addiction, i would reccomend crack cocaine :p

I was obsessed with d2 for a long time but now that I have a router I can't play. Even so it was pretty fun but i'm glad i'm done. Whenever I think about it I say "At least it wasn't EverQuest" Then i'de still probaly be playing.

My little brother plays this game. I have to yell at him to stop, because he never does.

He's got some sort of level 70 something and a level 30 what-ever-the-heck and a bunch of other stuff. It sounds so boring to me, but what ever.

[quote name='Lootr2Core'][quote name='mrpotatohed']I got Diablo II for free from a friend who was done with it. I remember the first Diablo being so/so and it got boring pretty quick with all the cheating online. So I was kinda put off even trying the second one. I pulled it down off the shelf and knocked the dust off of it. That was two weeks ago... my spare time is now gone. This game rocks so hard. I go to work and think about stratagies then i come home and play till 3 in the morning. I go to sleep and dream of raking in huge piles of loot in the secret cow level. I wake up and play till i go back to work. SOMEONE HELP ME! It's seriously becoming a problem, I mean I need underwear and stuff.. NOPE NO TIME. gotta play...... In fact I am sitting at work and thinking about it while waiting to go home and play some more right now. Sigh...[/quote]

when you are done with that you can play the new version of Diablo II... that is dungeon siege nothing but hack and slash but you have pack mules to carry more bounty (or you might say you have asses to pack more booty)[/quote]

Sacred is kinda like that..

I was adicted to Diablo II for a good year and a half. It's all I basically played. Most well made Hack and Slash games are like that. But its filled with cheaters and asses now, it's not what it used to be when it first came out. Great game nevertheless

tell me about it, i once spent 9 hours playing it at a pc parlor. 9 whole hours, no breaks at all. i kid you not, i did not once move up outta my chair. damn, those where good times, luckily i eventually got bored of it (after 1 long year).

bread's done
Back