Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='DJSteel']I'm going to reinstall Diablo 2.. I miss that game..[/quote]

The newest official patch finally includes a no-cd crack. No more downloading one from some sketchy Web site.

[quote name='DJSteel']I have a bought copy.. I buy bilzzard games...[/QUOTE]

So does everyone else who plays it online. :roll:

No CD sure sounds cool of Blizz though.

---

Also, I'm still not feeling the Diablo in this poster. I sure want this to be D3 but, I mean, it's ice. Though I suppose that could be the throw-off.

I don't think those runes in the ice/crystal hold any meaning on what the actual picture announcement is going to be. I think they're just side stuff.

1) Frostmourne Rune - Date announced for Lich King Expansion and possibly Collector's Edition info?
2) Diablo 2 Anniversary
3) Starcraft 2 - Protoss Information
4) Dunno what the hell that is. Reminds me of a solar system.

Honestly though, the image made me feel Lich King before and now it feels like Protoss (Mine more minerals!). I'm sure tomorrow, it'll feel like Diablo to me with their new daily change and then the following day will be the real deal. It would be nice if Blizzard would stop being such teases all the damned time. Watching all these theories (and my own) get old after the years go by. :p

OMG I'm desperate to play D2 again but I can't find the friggin paper cd holder with the cd-key on it for D2 and the installation disk. I have the cd key for the expansion, the play disk for D2, and the disk for the expansion. :cry:

[quote name='Moxio']So does everyone else who plays it online. :roll:

No CD sure sounds cool of Blizz though.

---

Also, I'm still not feeling the Diablo in this poster. I sure want this to be D3 but, I mean, it's ice. Though I suppose that could be the throw-off.[/QUOTE]

they did that with SC and WC3, too, it's awesome

A lot of the fansites are quoting "inside sources" (you know, a guy I know knows a guy who's sister has this friend, etc, etc) that D3 is going to be announced. Even though I really, really want D3 (seriously though, if I play another round of D2, I think Ba'al will probably say, "Sup dood" when I walk into the room), I'm still a touch skeptical.

[quote name='Moxio']You jerk! :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

I was fully expecting a Rick Roll there.

I dunno about Diablo 3. With a WoW expansion and Starcraft 2 being released, I they would release games from all three of their franchisesin such a small amount of time.

The final image in the Blizzard splash page has been leaked:
(If you don't want it spoiled don't look!)
blizzardsplashimagerevealed.jpg

Disappointing... yet awesome.

There's been some intermittent things happening with the Bnet forums. Specifically a Diablo 3 Forum that keeps appearing at random. With all the energy that Blizzard has been putting into it, it's safe to say it's not something WOW related (as all of that is known, not newsworthy) nor Starcraft related (as that is also already going on). It's either for sure Diablo 3, which is hella overdue, or it's something else entirely.

Tassadar? D:

Also, the last CSS class for that purple penguin pick is called .harbringer... wtf?

Edit: Remember this line from the Diablo 2 during the Act IV cinematic?

You are the harbringer of our return, Diablo. Send forth your terror into hell!

My theories are pretty conservative:

1. This WILL be a new game announcement, not an expansion.

2. The new game announced will be coming to at least one of the console platforms.

[quote name='mrelusive']Tassadar? D:

Also, the last CSS class for that purple penguin pick is called .harbringer... wtf?

Edit: Remember this line from the Diablo 2 during the Act IV cinematic?[/quote]

So does that mean the harbinger of terror's return is a scary penguin monster???? Perhaps the Happy Feet penguin is the protagonist!

It's :cold: vs. :hot: in 2009!

[quote name='mrelusive']

[/quote]

Oh well, I'm late as usual, looks like somebody already put it together elsewhere... I guess old news is still news...

I was over at the diablofans.com web site (previously diablo3.com, before the domain was purchased by blizzard). The forum has formed two camps, those the think it's Diablo 3 and those that think it's the Wrath of the Lich King. Other than that, there is really no point to this post other than the fact it's my 250th post. yay me.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']I was over at the diablofans.com web site (previously diablo3.com, before the domain was purchased by blizzard). The forum has formed two camps, those the think it's Diablo 3 and those that think it's the Wrath of the Lich King. Other than that, there is really no point to this post other than the fact it's my 250th post. yay me.[/QUOTE]

Congrats. This is my 24,697th. :cool:

[quote name='Moxio']Congrats. This is my 24,697th. :cool:[/quote]

Rub it in, but in my defense, you have a four-year headstart and I'm slow on the uptake.;)

Gotta Be Warcraft 4...right? *sigh* most likely WoW expansion then D3 in a close second. I wish we could get W4 but I suspect most their time involving the Warcraft universe is gonna be in WoW, sadly because it was an awesome RTS.

I still think it's just a countdown to the WorldWide Invitational Blizzard Event. I really think that's all it is, and its been getting so much coverage that Blizzard is just riding it. They may announce some new game at the event but I don't think the splash screen has anything to do with it... Just my guess.

25 minutes left before the live stream starts. And we will find out once in for all.

But dude, if they do announce D3, my mind would so implode with awesomeness. Seeing the new graphics with that old gameplay would be epic.

Stream kept cutting out during CG video and Diablo 3 Demo, but its working perfectly fine for this interpretive dance... Thanks blizzard... -_-

bread's done
Back