Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

And were any of the 7 legendaries worth keeping?
this is how i used to feel. i just played as my barbarian for about 30min (first time in about a year). found a legendary 2-handed axe that is nice enough to replace my dual-wielded swords. not too shabby. now, if i can just remember how to play...

I might give it another go - with the AH available, previous playing kinda boiled down to hoping to find something to sell, so had that mindset the whole time instead of actually really enjoying it.

i logged in and my char was pretty nerfed (wizard) - seems like id need to reskill myself alot. Not sure if my current equip good anymore either....hrmmm. Tried Expert though and that was too easy.

I started playing again after the latest patch it's been a good year since I touched it.  Within the first hour I received a decent green set piece and a legendary ring.  I per-purchased the expansion already looking forward to playing this more.

Found 2 decent upgrades on my wizard tonight. Broken Crown legendary helm and a rare bracer. Too lazy to screenshot it lol. The helm had like 400/500 int/vit with 6% increased attack speed I think, no crit hit, but that amount of int/vit is pretty damn good. The bracer had like 200/80 int/vit with 5% crit hit.

There's a few of us Steam thread regulars playing. If you guys have a guild or get one started I'd be interested and can let the others know.

I got in on a temporary "glitch" the other night that allowed quick paragon lvling. Not sure how long it was active before it got fixed, but got a good hour or so of it and about 10 levels. Found my first new set item too - a Tal Rasha belt. The set bonuses look nuts... to bad not compatible with older pieces.

I got in on a temporary "glitch" the other night that allowed quick paragon lvling. Not sure how long it was active before it got fixed, but got a good hour or so of it and about 10 levels. Found my first new set item too - a Tal Rasha belt. The set bonuses look nuts... to bad not compatible with older pieces.
Was it the cursed chest one? None of my characters are geared enough to roll through the game on highest difficulty so I wasn't able to get the best out of it. I got like 4-5 levels off torment 1 from it haha. I heard some people were getting 60+ levels from just doing cursed chest for a couple hours.

I'm going to have to get brought up to speed on the game now. I haven't played it since it came out and now I deleted all my progress. That's what I get for clicking things with little sleep.

Decided to check out what all was new with the update and damn, i'm getting drops like crazy now.  I also noticed that a ton of my crafting materials just turned into a different type of material so i'm guessing they did some unification with that stuff.

I like it so far.  Got my CE pre-ordered so im counting down the next few weeks.

*EDIT*

So is it still worth it to have 160% magic find?  I keep finding really good equipment with higher dmg/toughness but I dont want to lose the magic find in prevents me from finding something better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure magic find isn't worth getting anymore. I don't have any and so far I've found about 4 upgrades and about 10 legendaries.

Trying to get a monk to 60 before the expansion hits. I got to 34 in a couple hours so almost there... kinda lol. I wish i took advantage of that insane power leveling thing though, 1-60 in 15 minutes sounds pretty good right now haha.

So is it worth playing now or waiting for the RoS expansion? I have a 60 monk which before was at act 1 inferno. Is it worth getting some drops now or just waiting for the expansion?

So is it worth playing now or waiting for the RoS expansion? I have a 60 monk which before was at act 1 inferno. Is it worth getting some drops now or just waiting for the expansion?
It wouldn't hurt to get some paragon levels or level an alt but I wouldn't count on much gear lasting through the 61-70 leveling process.
(that's actually exactly what I've been doing as I'd like one of each class at 60 come the 25th...when I'll promptly drop them all and level a Crusader :booty: )

Longshot here. Any deals on the expansion? Bonus points for hard copy.

Downloaded the 7.88 gigs of patches last night. Going to maybe start a wizard tonight.

I told myself I was going to wait to buy the expansion for a few months but they reached my sweet temptation spot. I really loved the game when it came out but it had it's problems. Loot 2.0 really fixed my problems.

i'm trying to mooch off the RMAH all i can until it closes down and use that to pay for the expansion =]
i took advantage of the announcement to close a few months ago and got a whopping $7.50 of junk sold. i just sold $4.50 worth of pure crap a couple days ago. only have another $50 or so to go. i need more suckers players to pile into the RMAH...

i took advantage of the announcement to close a few months ago and got a whopping $7.50 of junk sold. i just sold $4.50 worth of pure crap a couple days ago. only have another $50 or so to go. i need more suckers players to pile into the RMAH...
I doubt i will raise the $40, but we'll see. =]

Eventually blizzard stuff gets pretty cheap, if you want to wait.

I think i remember getting the base at launch for $15 off at Kmart, or something equivalent.

I am so torn.  Blizz is offering selling both the base game and the expac for 60.  However, I'm still hesitant.

Man, i just don't know how this game wasn't fun to me. I beat it only once and never touched it again. I think it is probably because i chose the witch doctor as a poor substitute for a summonecro.

I don't think there is or will be anything to get me excited about this game again.

Man, i just don't know how this game wasn't fun to me. I beat it only once and never touched it again. I think it is probably because i chose the witch doctor as a poor substitute for a summonecro.

I don't think there is or will be anything to get me excited about this game again.
There is a WD build using the Carnevil helm and fetish army to spam poison dart. About as close as you are going to get to an old fashioned skeleton army. There is a tread on the blizzard forums with a link to a video. Looks like fun.

I agree with this. I only played the trial of D3 and i am the type of person that played countless hours of D2. I was a necromancer and thought the witch doctor would be cool. I know I have 4 CE of D3 and 1 standard copy, but I haven't felt the urge to even open it.

Hmm, should've known there would be a physical CE. I kinda want that artbook, but don't really want to pay the $40 premium for that. CD and BR wouldn't be bad either - don't care about digital items. Hmmmmmmmmm.

without the auction house, there should be no rush to get it until the price comes down.
Think they'll sell the bundle for cheap during Black Friday? I never could tell if they ever sold their stuff at a discount, ever.

[quote name="TWH" post="11587988" timestamp="1394146268"]Think they'll sell the bundle for cheap during Black Friday? I never could tell if they ever sold their stuff at a discount, ever. [/quote]

Blizzard had a good sale around that time last year. Don't remember specifics, though.

Hmm, should've known there would be a physical CE. I kinda want that artbook, but don't really want to pay the $40 premium for that. CD and BR wouldn't be bad either - don't care about digital items. Hmmmmmmmmm.
The CE for this game is annoying. The contents are nice but I can't justify $80 for a soundtrack even though I really want the CD. I wouldn't mind it if it was the base game and not the expansion.

Been playing a Wizard. Went from about 17-18 to 32 tonight. This 50% XP boost is insane.

Anyone know anything about that new legendary Thunderfury 1-hander (how to obtain it)?

I noticed it was a level 40 something item. Does that mean it will only drop from enemies of that level range?

That doesn't make sense to me, since its stats are comparable to a level 60 item.

I just finished leveling all my alts. Ready for RoS now.

2014-03-10_00001_zpse21a71b6.jpg

Anyone know anything about that new legendary Thunderfury 1-hander (how to obtain it)?

I noticed it was a level 40 something item. Does that mean it will only drop from enemies of that level range?

That doesn't make sense to me, since its stats are comparable to a level 60 item.
I believe with the way the new loot system works, it doesn't matter what level you are. THe loot that drops will scale to your level

I believe with the way the new loot system works, it doesn't matter what level you are. THe loot that drops will scale to your level
It would be cool if they added a way to raise the level of your legendaries in that case. In Marvel Heroes loot works the same way, but when you get a unique (the equivalent of a legendary in Diablo) you can pay to raise the level and stats of the item to lvl 40, 50 and 60. So if you get a good unique at level 15, you can still use it at level 60. It would be a good gold sink for Diablo if they did that.

2.0.3 Patch Notes:

Diablo III - Patch 2.0.3 v.2.0.3.22427

Below you will find the patch notes for the most recent update for Diablo III, patch 2.0.3.

GENERAL
  • The area of effect for the Fire Trenches in the Halls of Agony now better match their animations
    There is now a short delay before Fire Trench damage is dealt

[*]Followers
  • Enchantress
    Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Erosion was causing Electrified to proc too frequently

BOSSES
  • Act Bosses now always drop a rare quality item
  • The Skeleton King no longer drops a Legendary item after using the "Reset Quests" button for level 60 characters
    This bonus has been moved to Diablo for level 60 characters

CLASSES
  • Wizard
    Active Skills
    Hydra
    Bug Fix: Hydras should now properly dissipate when the owner dies or leaves the game

[*]Familiar
  • Increased the internal cooldown attack rate to roughly match the player's attack speed to a maximum of approximately 2 attacks per second.

[*]Magic Weapon
  • Skill Rune - Deflection
    Added an internal cooldown to the proc rate to be roughly once per attack

CRAFTING
  • Blacksmithing
    Level 1-60 crafted Legendary and Set pieces now require 2 Fiery Brimstones to craft
  • All low level crafted Legendary and Set pieces now require at least 1 Demonic Essence to craft
  • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Legendary crafting recipes were rolling Rare level stats
    In addition, a pass was made to ensure all Legendary crafted items are rolling with 6 total affixes

ITEMS
  • New Affix: +Max Spirit for Monks
    This affix rolls on Fist Weapons, Spirit Stones, and Combat Staves
How that 2H bug isn't a top priority is beyond me.

I forget which 2H axe it was but I got two in a row while finishing out leveling my monk the other day and it was just insult to injury to not only know that it's the same damn 2H axe that I just saw because you can tell by what they look like on the ground but also knowing that I'd just identify it and salvage it anyway. :wall:

My good buddy saw it happen in clan chat and got a laugh out if it so I guess there's that. :p

edit: Maintenance is over for anyone that cares.

I see blizzard added the ability to sell diamonds now, guess they wanted to squeeze a little extra out of the RMAH in the last week.

* and just sold two stars for $2, weeeeeeeeeeeeee

bread's done
Back