Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

Decided to open Diablo 3... been really enjoying the rest of Act 1, and most of Act 2. A couple people joined and were giving me rares occasionally... I guess for upgrades. People are a lot nicer than I was expecting. I especially love that there's no loot whoring (as in, Diablo 2 style FFA loot).

Monk is badass.

Rhett#1105 - BNet

Definitely need to get a group going. Right now I'm taking it slow and enjoying it so my Demon Hunter is only level 14. Hopefully the awesomeness continues. For anyone who is wondering, I don't think any of these changes made from D2 to D3 significantly detract from the overall "Diablo" feel of the game. Also, I think much of the customization in characters has been shifted higher in the level spectrum.

Battle.net - Randombits#1668

Edit: Yup, I was right. I finally reached the point where I could choose skills which don't specifically require a ranged weapon. Grenades and Chakrams! I could equip a javelin and manually beat mobs to death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, the Demon Hunter is a DPS machine once you get into the middle levels (I'm at 26 right now). Definitely not regretting my class choice.

Going by the honor system here but I want to give out a D3 guest pass to someone who is still not sure if they want the game, not someone who's just waiting on their copy. All that is needed is that you post (not PM) what class you're looking forward to playing. I'll pick one random person at 8 PM PST tonight.

I'd like to try the game. I have no idea which class I would play. Probably some sort of melee meat head. I already bought Torchlight 2 and am not sure that I need another game of this type.

[quote name='Sway']Going by the honor system here but I want to give out a D3 guest pass to someone who is still not sure if they want the game, not someone who's just waiting on their copy. All that is needed is that you post (not PM) what class you're looking forward to playing. I'll pick one random person at 8 PM PST tonight.[/QUOTE]

I played D2 long ago and it would be incredible if I could try out D3.

Been set on the Witch Doctor for awhile now, e-mail is [email protected] if you do choose to message me the code!

[quote name='Sway']Going by the honor system here but I want to give out a D3 guest pass to someone who is still not sure if they want the game, not someone who's just waiting on their copy. All that is needed is that you post (not PM) what class you're looking forward to playing. I'll pick one random person at 8 PM PST tonight.[/QUOTE]

i'd like to throw my hat into the ring for the guest pass
still deciding if i want d3, and looking to try out the barbarian class
thx much

nvm
some nice cager gave me a code, thanks

but a quick question about the starter edition, does all my game items and characters carry over to a retail edition of the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
13 hours in now. My Barb is level 29 and I believe I'm approaching the end of Act 3. Should have the game beat at some point this evening.

Looking at how much I've played and how much left there is to do, I'm just blown away at the amount of game Diablo 3 offers. 4 difficulty levels, 5 character classes... tons of customization options... it's crazy. And I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet. I'm sure it will make the experience feel like a whole new game.

For those of you begging for guest passes or those of you complaining about change or the fact that the game requires an internet connection to play, do yourself a favor and just go pick the game up. It really is the most fun I've had with a game since Diablo 2.

Would like to grab a guest pass. Still on the fence on getting Diablo 3. Would like to try it first before putting serious dough down.

I'll most likely try Demon Hunter first. The Gun-fu looked interesting.

Decided to try it further with the monk. Got the monk, witch doctor, and demon hunter to the cathedral...taking the monk in to do some damage.

I'm not too far into the game because I started 3 different characters due to different logging on at different times (I should have just told them to fuck off and keep playing one character) but of course it's amazing, so much more fun playing with friends.

I'd like to request that if anyone talks about story things that they spoiler tag it. I know people don't play Diablo for the story, but I love the story and don't want any of it spoiled. I must say that I'm majorly pissed that
Deckard Cain fucking died. I mean, what the fuck? How can you kill off Deckard fucking Cain?! WHO WILL I STAY A WHILE AND LISTEN TO NOW?

I can't wait to get out of work and keep playing. The Witch Doctor is so much fun, I'm glad I picked him as my first character.

Finished up the game solo on normal, the last boss was tough but I did manage to get him on the first try.

Now I've just got to wait for my friends to catch up so we can play Nightmare...

I'm interested in trying the Witch Doctor :cool:

I tend to feel that every class will be the same due the way the skills unlock at certain levels.

It's like we have just one template, and only a few choice skills.

I don't know why they gave us 10 classes.... since every class will be the same no matter how many plays.

[quote name='cgarb84']I have all three of my guest passes to give away, just PM me and I will give you one (if you ask nicely).[/QUOTE]

PM'd you

I can understand why they did it at the beginning, but it is rough with only 14 slots and only 10 auctions being allowed. At least your gold is "pooled" between your characters - at least least that is how it seems to me.

10k for an additional 14 slots is a lot at the beginning - especially since that will really only get you 7 items.

That's my only complaints thus far and it is minor.....back to the abyss......

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I love the AH in this game. Sell item price to vender 100g. AH Price 7,000 gold. :lol:[/QUOTE]

People are being retarded for rares right now. Every rare I've put on the AH sells in like an hour for 5k-6k gold. I decided to put my Legendary on the AH for a stupid price to see if someone would take the bait. So far nobody has.

[quote name='SEH']People are being retarded for rares right now. Every rare I've put on the AH sells in like an hour for 5k-6k gold. I decided to put my Legendary on the AH for a stupid price to see if someone would take the bait. So far nobody has.[/QUOTE]
Yeah prices are ridiculous right now. I expect it to be that way for at least 3-4 weeks until the omg I must max my character and clear nightmare mode asap rush ends. Once we get people who are less about I need items so fast to beat the game, and more so just go to the AH to get a good item once and awhile, prices will drop considerably. It happens in WoW too, every expansion prices are insane for a good while.

Unfortunately you are not going anywhere at the moment as they are cycling the servers. The Twitter account said ~15 minutes, the site says no ETA. Right hand meet left hand. And I was just starting to have fun with my monk.

PS - someone buy my stuff in the AH. :)

[quote name='crystalklear64']Rumor has it you can rent servers.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm ... all that time and work to put the information and route data elsewhere for a million plus people all at once? For a days worth of problems that some people are having? I played for 25 hours now minimal issues heh.

It's to the point that I really think you're just here to troll.

Also panzer ... I'm right behind you :D

You're right. Its better that people can't even use a product they spent 60$ on.

If they're going to do this always online bullshit that is already widely criticized, you'd think they'd at least take steps to show that, hey look its not so bad!

What I see is, servers down for maint.! Login errors! People randomly getting DC'd! People lagging and logging back in to discover the past 15 minutes got rolled back! People lagging and logging back in to discover their hardcore character died!

I don't even have the game and I'm pissed. The worst part is that people are making excuses for Blizzard. Its ok blizz, its not like you have millions of dollars to throw at problems like this, we can wait!

[quote name='crystalklear64']You're right. Its better that people can't even use a product they spent 60$ on.

If they're going to do this always online bullshit that is already widely criticized, you'd think they'd at least take steps to show that, hey look its not so bad!

What I see is, servers down for maint.! Login errors! People randomly getting DC'd! People lagging and logging back in to discover the past 15 minutes got rolled back! People lagging and logging back in to discover their hardcore character died!

I don't even have the game and I'm pissed. The worst part is that people are making excuses for Blizzard. Its ok blizz, its not like you have millions of dollars to throw at problems like this, we can wait![/QUOTE]

So are you saying you don't have first hand experience? Just basing it off people freaking out to the max over minor issues? On the first couple of days of a major game release and people trying to jam their faces in the servers?

[quote name='strikeratt']So are you saying you don't have first hand experience? Just basing it off people freaking out to the max over minor issues? On the first couple of days of a major game release and people trying to jam their faces in the servers?[/QUOTE]
So the servers aren't down right now?

i've never seen someone this bitter, and i've never had to ignore someone on CAG, but it's getting very tiring to scroll through your bullshit thinking if I should discuss things with you -- only to hear you go on and on about something else. Go play LoL, that community actually appreciates whiners.

server instability on launch has been mildly annoying at most, but the multiplayer is so goddamn good that i wouldnt know what do to offline anyways.

It's no different than WoW, really.

WoW and LoL are always connected.

Just about every popular FPS requires a connection once you move beyond the basic single player experience. I don't know anyone who keeps playing Modern Warfare for the single player campaign...

I think the real problem is that the previous two diablo games didn't require a connection while this one does.

I guess always connected doesn't bother me too much.

Edit: I plan on playing in about an hour if anyone wants to join in. We can either start new characters or come along while I finish Act 1 :).

[quote name='crystalklear64']So the servers aren't down right now?[/QUOTE]

Name one decent game that sold a ton of copies and has you logon online that did not have issues. Note what I bolded and take heed of that.

Now for setting up the ignore so I do not have to see the hate. Maybe you can join Mr. 420 with his hatred for COD.

PS - I am in.

It doesn't really bother me that servers are fucked up because even if this game had single player offline play, I wouldn't play it anyway. I always played Diablo 2 online and I wouldn't do it any differently with this game.

[quote name='jmbreci']Name one decent game that sold a ton of copies and has you logon online that did not have issues. Note what I bolded and take heed of that.

Now for setting up the ignore so I do not have to see the hate. Maybe you can join Mr. 420 with his hatred for COD.

PS - I am in.[/QUOTE]
Titan Quest

Played 20+ hours at this point. The server downtime is being hugely exaggerated. Not saying they haven't been down on occasion, but people are acting like they've been down 24/7 since launch when they really haven't been.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Titan Quest[/QUOTE]

I think we can all agree that the launch sales of Titan Quest were significantly less than those of Diablo 3. Hell, I'm not sure if the lifetime sales of Titan Quest compare to the launch day sales of Diablo 3. Also, I think Titan Quest's multiplayer component was set up differently than Diablo 3.

Edit: I mean to say that I'm not sure if Titan Quest had a centralized server a la Battle.net. Disclaimer: I didn't play nearly as much Titan Quest as Diablo 1 and 2.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I think we can all agree that the launch sales of Titan Quest were significantly less than those of Diablo 3. Hell, I'm not sure if the lifetime sales of Titan Quest compare to the launch day sales of Diablo 3. Also, I think Titan Quest's multiplayer component was set up differently than Diablo 3.

Edit: I mean to say that I'm not sure if Titan Quest had a centralized server a la Battle.net. Disclaimer: I didn't play nearly as much Titan Quest as Diablo 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]
It used GameSpy which is like ghetto battle.net. Though it still used an online login so it meets that criteria.

Also, the guy said "decent" and "ton", decent being subjective and ton being vague so theres not really a right answer unless he want's it to be and seeing as he got mad enough to ignore me I doubt he'd be satisfied with any answer I gave no matter how correct. Its one of those terms people throw around "Blizzdrone". You think its an exaggeration but apparently not.

Another example would be Dungeon Defenders. It uses Trendy.net, its own thing apart from steam. It has sold at least 1 mil.

Check your PMs, glemtvapen.

I may be missing something but is there any reason to pick up normal salvage? IThey don't sell enough to pick up. Blues and up I'll pick up if I have room to salvage/sell/use.

[quote name='Sway']Check your PMs, glemtvapen.

I may be missing something but is there any reason to pick up normal salvage? IThey don't sell enough to pick up. Blues and up I'll pick up if I have room to salvage/sell/use.[/QUOTE]

Money, basically. It adds up. Eventually when you have more cash you can get more picky.

Edit: I'm neaded in now, Randombits#1668

[quote name='crystalklear64']It used GameSpy which is like ghetto battle.net. [/QUOTE]

:D This made me laugh pretty hard. Post of the thread.

I just got the templar to join my party. I picked a skill I actually probably don't want (like taunt). Is there any way to change it to heal? Like re-spec?

EDIT - NVM. Just Re-trained. THANK GOD. Love that I don't have to start over completely for such an error.

Found a glitch sort of. I never got the achievement for beating the Skeleton King on normal yet I know I bet him because I am about to start Act II.

Very odd but oh well.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Found a glitch sort of. I never got the achievement for beating the Skeleton King on normal yet I know I bet him because I am about to start Act II.

Very odd but oh well.[/QUOTE]

Last night when the servers went down, when they came back up, all my achievements and Sigil unlocks were reset. I hope they wind up putting that stuff back.

Anyways, spent some time digging through the auction house tonight. I actually found a really nice helm and belt for super cheap (I think someone thought buyout was bid price or something). Spent 2000G and got great upgrades.

Does anyone happen to have a buddy key? I have never tried a Diablo game and am curious about this, but don't want to plop down $60 without a trial. I have an extra XBL Normandy avatar code! :)

bread's done
Back