Diablo III

Moxio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Accounced and there's even a demo at BlizzCon! I MUST GO THERE :(

"Blizzard will also use the BlizzCon event to introduce Diablo 3 to gamers and if the excitement of Blizzard employees is anything to go by, the game will be a big deal. According to a message sent to WoW Guru by former Blizzard employee Chris Hartgraves, Diablo 3 takes place in heaven. Hell is trying to take it over and it is AWESOME looking ... Imagine the brightness of heaven being taken over by the darkness of hell ... Imagine WoW but in a Diablo world in amount of size and playability ... Also, guild housing is available in this game for those of you who know about it. They should have a gameplay demo to show at BlizzCon. "

According to the Steve Gamer podcast, the game is pretty much done and ready to go. I have seen anything official yet.

Bear in mind that all the original Diablo people left I believe... hopefully this game still has that feel to it.

Very excited though, they bring this out, and if it's as awesome as Diablo 2, I'll never go back to WoW again.

I loved the first two, but I always felt that the RPG element needed some work. I hope that they either fix it or remove it because in an RPG you are supposed to get attached to your character on some level and in Diablo you really don't know squat about them. Either way I'm sure it will be great as nearly everything Blizzard makes goes on to sell millions.

So, like...is there a real source anywhere? IGN, Gamespot, G-AF, battle.net...all devoid of any sort of mention? Don't get me wrong, I'd be absolutely thrilled, but...can't get my hopes up yet :(

[quote name='dtarasev']I loved the first two, but I always felt that the RPG element needed some work. I hope that they either fix it or remove it because in an RPG you are supposed to get attached to your character on some level and in Diablo you really don't know squat about them. Either way I'm sure it will be great as nearly everything Blizzard makes goes on to sell millions.[/QUOTE]

Why is there a "supposed to" for any game? Why does any game need to fit the mold of other games?

[quote name='assassinX']letz just hope that it is free online[/QUOTE]

Amen to that one.

Is WOW online only? Is there no 1 player mode?

[quote name='Roufuss']Bear in mind that all the original Diablo people left I believe... hopefully this game still has that feel to it.[/QUOTE]

This would bother me if it were anyone besides Blizzard. But they haven't put out a bad game yet (unless there's something obscure I'm forgetting), and I don't expect them to drop the ball with one of their big guns like Diablo. This is excellent news. :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Amen to that one.

Is WOW online only? Is there no 1 player mode?[/QUOTE]

yeah, WoW is online only, no single player mode.

as for Diablo III, i really hope we get some screenshots or videos soon. if this game is ANYTHING like Diablo II, then Blizzard has once again taken another portion of my life.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']yeah, WoW is online only, no single player mode.

as for Diablo III, i really hope we get some screenshots or videos soon. if this game is ANYTHING like Diablo II, then Blizzard has once again taken another portion of my life.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it would be hard to make a game like Diablo II.

I wonder if Blizzard would allow payable accounts to be used across WoW and Diablo MMO. So if I pay for one month, I can play WoW AND Diablo MMO instead of having to pay for two separate accounts. Kinda like what Sony does for their MMOs, IIRC.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I wonder if Blizzard would allow payable accounts to be used across WoW and Diablo MMO. So if I pay for one month, I can play WoW AND Diablo MMO instead of having to pay for two separate accounts. Kinda like what Sony does for their MMOs, IIRC.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it 'cause Diablo and WoW are both good games. *flame shield on*

But seriously, Diablo will prolly be free since it's instanced.

I hope it's more Diablo I than Diablo II esque. The penalties for dying in #2/ the leveling up hierarchies really ruined it for me.
I'm optimistic though.

sweet im a solid diablo fan and have been playing since first came out defiantly can't wait for this one... i hope it is still free online play... it would really suck if it didnt.

Wait, is this for real?! I haven't heard anything on a possible Diablo 3, let alone a playable demo at BlizzCon. I was a huge Diabo 2 player, I played for about 2 1/2 years straight. I cannot wait for a Diablo 3.

For those waiting on Diablo 3--ever thought about trying Guild Wars?

Most of Blizzards original Diablo and Diablo II team members worked on Guild Wars...and it has free online play.

OMG I loved the first ones and kept up with all the little updates for a while after beating it and playing through it on other levels.
I hope that its looks great and that its beefy. Loads more play time would be nice. MMO stuff would rock as well.

[quote name='MadChedar0']I hope it's more Diablo I than Diablo II esque. The penalties for dying in #2/ the leveling up hierarchies really ruined it for me.
I'm optimistic though.[/QUOTE]

The penalty in Diablo I is that all your equipment drops to the floor. And there are no bodies to go pick up. How're you supposed to get your equipment back naked?

I can't wait! I used to be completely addicted to Diablo II online. I wonder if it'll still be free or by month like WoW.

"Diablo 3 takes place in heaven. Hell is trying to take it over and it is AWESOME looking ... Imagine the brightness of heaven being taken over by the darkness of hell" Ive been waiting for ANY game to do that

as much as I hate some aspects of the game it's hard to not admit that I spent a whole @#%@ of time at that game and it is as addictive as any NON MMORPG could get. Not sure how the same formula will stand up nowadays. Guildwars did not hold my attention as long as the original diablo or diablo 2 and expansion did but who knows, maybe times are changing.

Is the same team working on diablo 3? I heard many of them moved on to make guildwars.

but blizzcon is pure BS, that event costs way too much and is only for crazies. E3 is free, just fake a company or website and go there =p

[quote name='CapAmerica']I want my StarCraft 2 DAMN IT![/QUOTE]

Same here!

Actually another Diablo would be cool, just want to see a new Starcraft more.

eck I hate starcraft, I always felt the C&C games were superior but of course blizz won that contest in the long run.

I guess if it wasnt for diablo I would absolutly loathe Blizzard =)

Besides some rumors running around, there's been no official announcement or demo at Blizzcon, right?

[quote name='Vegan']My friend who was at Blizzcon said that Diablo 3 was NOT announced.[/QUOTE]

tahts what my post above just said lol

Starcraft 2, which is inevitable, will be awful. I hope they don't make it. The reason SC is good is because Brood Wars balanced it to perfection. They wont acheive it again.

First I've heard of it. Too bad it's MMORPG, I prefer single player RPGs. The first 2 were so good. I can understand why they're changing the format, what with MMOs being so popular right now, but the first two were still so good... why change? Eh, i'm sure it'll be beautiful, the MMO format just means i won't be able to play it at my leasure. too bad.

It says nothing about Diablo III being a MMORPG... it just says imagine Diablo's world with the scope, size, and content of World of Warcraft.

Blizzard is smart enough to not compete with themselves, the stuff about guild housing is probably for the online component, which will most likely be in addition to the single player stuff, same as the last two games.

[quote name='LaseK']Starcraft 2, which is inevitable, will be awful. I hope they don't make it. The reason SC is good is because Brood Wars balanced it to perfection. They wont acheive it again.[/QUOTE]

All they need to do for Starcraft 2 is update the graphics and add a new campaign mode...maybe a better campaign editor...possibly 1 or 2 new units, and it would sell like crazy.

Morbid... we must be strong. We can't let this take over... er.... ... fuck it! GGGGIIIMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!

bread's done
Back