Did anyone buy games at TRU which there is no game in it?

It has happend when i worked at best buy with cds and games now and then. There was also another thread like this long ago because i remember explaining this on CAG before. If you find that thread you should get some answers.

It happens now and then with asshats who pop the game out and use a resealer, thus the corners of the resealed game don't have the nice creases that all good new games should have.

If the plastic outerwrap looks like one piece of plastic with the unfolded corners, a la seran wrap, take caution and open in the parking lot.

I guess TRU, Bestbuy, Gamestop/EBgames, and Blockbuster/Gamerush have resealers. I wonder what other major retail stores have them?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I guess TRU, Bestbuy, Gamestop/EBgames, and Blockbuster/Gamerush have resealers. I wonder what other major retail stores have them?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm from my Compusa days that they resealed ALL returned product.

yeah, has happened to me too.

and also had it happen inside gamecrazy with Lunar on DS, no game in the used box, and when I was paying for it they checked and no dice.

Happened to me at Best Buy, and they made me stand around for over an hour for them to settle everything, it was ridiculous...
-Goatman

I once got a game at Meijer's and opened it up to find an AOL disc inside. Someone had done the ol' Indiana Jones swap trick.

Got a copy of FF XI w/ HDD for PS2 at TRU. Outer box was opened. The game was still sealed, but the hard drive was loose inside (between the styrofoam) and there was no utility disk, but there were 2 hard drive instruction sheets.

Happened to me at Target back in the day when I bought GodSmacks first album. Now that I think about it, it was probably for the best. :lol:

[quote name='Kayden']Happened to me at Target back in the day when I bought GodSmacks first album. Now that I think about it, it was probably for the best. :lol:[/quote]

i was about to make the same remark, before i even finished reading your post! :D

[quote name='Rictor']There's also the off chance that you bought a display case, assuming the game wasn't sealed when you bought it.[/QUOTE]

considering that tru uses the display cases a lot, i am guessing this happens quite a bit at tru

[quote name='dracula']considering that tru uses the display cases a lot, i am guessing this happens quite a bit at tru[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that the display cases have the actual UPCs on them. Every time I ask them to scan a price on a display case, they have to get an actual game from the glass case and scan that one.

bread's done
Back