Did anyone else not like the epilogue of ICO? (possible spoilers)

SpookyD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I just finished this game and I loved it a ton. The ending I thought was really amazing and perfectly done. It was sad, but I don't think it should have been any other way. Then there is the epilogue and they just give you a cop out happy ending, it really kind of angered me that they couldn't have left the ending alone. I feel like I should have turned the ps2 off during the credits. Even so I still loved the game, but what did you think of the ending.

They'd better damn release the sequel stateside. And I liked the 'after credits' ending. Something about that beach was so... peaceful.

Happy ending? Yes. Cop-out happy ending? No. It was too subtle to be a mere cop-out.

Personally, I loved it. It was the perfect blend of bittersweet, and the game was much better for it.

I thought the ending was great.

Usually in stories like this, you would expect that everything turns out okay. Then the credits rolled and I was like, "What? No happy ending!?"

Just as I was beginning to come around to the fact that the ending (pre-credits) was well done..
the very peacful beach scene came on and I thought it was a pleasant surprise, and that it was done with a class that oozes throughout the whole game.

I think the game would have had a bigger emotional impact had Ico not ever seen Yorda again. That being said, I was happy when she was on the beach.

You can take the ending any way you want, though. Who says that Ico isn't dreaming or dead?

From what I have heard, in the beginning of the sequel, Ico wakes up after sleeping on the beach only to discover he is still in his tomb in the castle!

J/K

I vaguely remember the ending, but I thought when you are fighting the last boss she mentions, "Yorda can't leave this castle," or something like that .. which led me to believe that the last boss was successful in possessing Yorda's body and thus that wasn't really her on the beach.

paico.gif

From what I have heard, in the beginning of the sequel, Ico wakes up after sleeping on the beach only to discover he is still in his tomb in the castle!

J/K

:shock:

You scared me for a minute there. Good thing I read the "J/K" before committing a felony out of unadulterated murderous fury.

I finished ICO about 3 months ago, and until this thread I never knew that anything happened after the credits. So I've thought this entire time that it ended on the sad (but I thought excellent) ending of the boy floating away & the girl dead. I'll have to go back & play the ending again to see this after the credits beach scene....

bread's done
Back