Did anyone watch Raines?

It's waiting on my dvr but I don't know why they premiere a new show against March Madness. Counter-programming for that type of event usually consists of reruns or a chick movie.

I didn't watch it because Jeff Goldblum sucks. Sure, he's been in some great movies but those were good in spite of him - not because of him.

[quote name='javeryh']I didn't watch it because Jeff Goldblum sucks. Sure, he's been in some great movies but those were good in spite of him - not because of him.[/quote]

I guess you've never seen The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai in the 8th Dimension, have you? :lol:

[quote name='botticus']I enjoyed it.. it's basically Monk meets Medium.[/QUOTE]
Not really Medium, as he doesn't actually "communicate" with the dead. As far as it goes, there's nothing psychic or paranormal about it. The gimmick is that he basically creates a mental image of the victim built on the evidence and his "instinct" that he interacts with. Kinda weird, but I get it.

have it on my dvr..it was up against another new show in october road, and I saw a ton more commercials about october road then I did for raines...imo doesn't look like the network is giving it much of a change

here is the jist of the info from www.tvtracker.com

..raines was considered the leader, even know they had less viewers...something about the lead in of raines (the andy barker pi show) had horrible numbers and raines built in total viewers up 37% from that...and raines didn't lose as many as october road in the 2nd half hour of the show...even if you take the drop in the 2nd half hour into account, raines still got its ass kicked in total viewers

October Road looked like Ed (Went home to be with his try love) and Everwood. It's a been there done that show I'm sick of seeing.

So is Raines but I watched part of it because of Jeff Goldblum, I liked how he would talk outload to the voices in his head.

I started to watch it, but after 20 min, my wife and I decided to not bother with it. I found it to be boring and just another procedural drama. Maybe it got better as it went on. If it stays in that time slot, and csi and shark come back in the same slot, I wonder how the 3 criminal procedures will do?(not exactly sure if csi is on thurs at 10pm, but IIRC it was.)

bread's done
Back