did EBgames price drop on games like other stores?

Yonex204

CAGiversary!
I want to pre order mario galaxy, however i noticed other stores like futureshop,bestbuy,walmart etc are listing mario galaxy for 49.99. however i looked at ebgames.ca to check the price of mario galaxy and they are selling it for 59.99.

I want to preorder this and i would prefer EBGames because its closer but i don't wan't to if its 10$ more then other stores.

So does anyone know if EBgames is gonna follow the other stores and reduce prices to match the USD?

---And another question, do you pay tax when you preorder?

EB does not appear to have dropped their prices yet (as reflected by my $79.95 Eye of Judgement purchase), but hopefully soon.

I think it's hit or miss whether EB uses the USD price. Sometimes they will just leave it at $10 more (Halo 3), or they will sel it for the American price for a week or two (Eternal Sonata, which is back at $70 now).

It depends on the games I guess, some games might match the US one or come close to it, walmart usually has a better deal, it's like around a dollar cheaper than futureshop/bestbuy.

hm, well knowing EB. i highly doubt they put mario for 49.99 =/ il still check anyway tommorow.
btw does wal-mart do pre orders?

I did the trade 3 for guitar hero (game only) and on my recipt it listed paid 69.99 (obviously didn't pay, as i traded). Than, when i went to pick it up they gave me 10 bucks back because of the price drop.

This could happen to you on future games but I will have to find out when other games i've pre-ordered come in. Nothin like getting money back :)

I would think EBGames would try and mooch as much cash outta ya if they can.

But just price match from Futureshop when released... in Winnipeg, they do it if it's $10 or less difference

I phoned them a couple days ago and asked them about the price and it's still 60 bucks. I told them about all the rest of the stores having it at 50 bucks and they said EB headquaters might drop the price if everyone is underselling them like Halo 3. So I'm going to phone closer to release and see if anything has changed, and if it doesn't I'm cancelling my pre-order and picking it up elsewhere. The old managers at this EB used to be very good with price matching with Futureshop but the new managers won't do it :S

Does anyone know if you can cancel your pre-order AFTER it has already arrived?

[quote name='Gamepro']Does anyone know if you can cancel your pre-order AFTER it has already arrived?[/quote]

I know from experience that you can cancel a pre-order after it has arrived, but i think the deposit goes only towards store credit.

bread's done
Back