Did Gamestop lose my pre-order?

AlphaPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Back on March 3rd, I went to Gamestop in my local mall to trade in a lot of games to go towards my pre-ordered copy of Bad Company 2. I ended up getting 120-something bucks with all my trade-ins, so I decided to preorder World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm while I was there.

On March 30th, a huge flood hit Rhode Island, and completely ruined the mall that I had pre-ordered my game in. The mall is closed and won't be open to the public again for about 8 months. My question is: Can I go to a different GameStop that's a bit down the road to get my preorder, or was the record of that pre-order kept in that one computer at that one GameStop? I don't know if they'd have it in their records across all GameStops in the state or...wherever.

Note: They didn't give me any sort of receipt or anything when it came to the pre-order, just typed it into their computer to log it.

Am I screwed?

call their corp office or email the site to see if they can get the credit put on a giftcard and then order it from the site or something

I'm sure you'll be fine considering the extenuating circumstances. The flooding was well-documented on national news and even if another store isn't able to access that particular location's preorders, corporate certainly can. I'm sure if you call customer service they can straighten you out.

bread's done
Back