Did I get a good deal on these games??

Vegetto991

CAGiversary!
Recently a friend of mine needed money so he offered to sell me his ps1 games for 65 bucks,so I took him up on it, he gave me these games colony wars, tekken 2, crash bandicoot, breath of fire 3, saga frontier, chrono cross, wild arms, tales of destiny, alundra, lunar 2, lunar, ff tactics, ff9 ff8, ff7, ff anthology

xc25on.jpg

2j3pe09.jpg

they are almost all in great condition, they all have the cases manuals and all the discs and they all work great

I paid 65 bucks for these did, i get a good deal how much do you think i could get for these games

:applause: This is a fantabulous deal for you.

This isn't directed at you, OP, but whenever I see posts like these, I have two questions.

1. How desperate is the seller that he can't find the relatively small amount in some other way or sell the games on eBay if he has the week to spare?

2. Are they really friends? :lol:

[quote name='mbstuff']:applause: This is a fantabulous deal for you.

This isn't directed at you, OP, but whenever I see posts like these, I have two questions.

1. How desperate is the seller that he can't find the relatively small amount in some other way or sell the games on eBay if he has the week to spare?

2. Are they really friends? :lol:[/QUOTE]

his girlfriend came into town and he needed money to pay his half of their hotel, so i gve him the money and he said ill give you the games, so I said sure why not

That might be the steal of the year right there. I hope he doesn't come back next month and expect to buy them back for the same price.

A good deal is a bit of an understatement. I really wish I knew people like this that want to sell me their super-rare RPG collection for next-to-nothing, it seems to happen all the time.

wow very good deal. especially with ff 7. black label is 50 bucks or more. 8 and 9 are also worth a good deal. heck u got more then you paid for. lol. congrats.

And everytime I see a thread like this, it seems that usually the OP should just change the title of it to "I KNOW this was a steal of a deal, but I want to brag the shit outta it and make my fellow CAGers jealous" Damn....I'm not sure who got fucked more...your friend's girlfriend in that hotel, or your friend when you handed him that $65. Great deal though....."friend" hahah...

[quote name='vic_x51']those are all worth alot of money especially chrono trigger.
tekken 2 & crash aint worth jack though.[/QUOTE]

Lol, not really.

[quote name='shigster']The original black label Final Fantasy 7 is alone worth +$50[/QUOTE]

Not quite. If you go through the completed auctions on Ebay, you can find copies of FFVII BL for around $25 or so.

[quote name='jedigamer619']wow very good deal. especially with ff 7. black label is 50 bucks or more. 8 and 9 are also worth a good deal. heck u got more then you paid for. lol. congrats.[/QUOTE]

VIII and IX aren't worth much anymore. You can buy the GH sealed for around $12 or $13 on Amazon or Ebay, and open BL copies for around $10 - $12.

Still, a good deal, though.

[quote name='jousley']I'm not sure who got fucked more...your friend's girlfriend in that hotel, or your friend when you handed him that $65[/QUOTE]

everybody happy!

wow...some good games i completely forgot about...

i NEVER got to play Chrono Cross...loved Chrono Trigger...wish i could find CC for less than what i have been seeing on ebay.

As for final Fantasies...i think the last one i played was one on snes...Never got to play 6-present...Remember my neighbor across the street had 7 and used to watch him play it.

[quote name='Vegetto991']Recently a friend of mine needed money so he offered to sell me his ps1 games for 65 bucks,so I took him up on it, he gave me these games colony wars, tekken 2, crash bandicoot, breath of fire 3, saga frontier, chrono cross, wild arms, tales of destiny, alundra, lunar 2, lunar, ff tactics, ff9 ff8, ff7, ff anthology

xc25on.jpg

2j3pe09.jpg

they are almost all in great condition, they all have the cases manuals and all the discs and they all work great

I paid 65 bucks for these did, i get a good deal how much do you think i could get for these games[/QUOTE]
you know you got an awesome deal, why do you need reassurance?

[quote name='GME92']You raped your friend. Hahaha. Nice job![/QUOTE]

With a broomstick covered in sand.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You even had to ask, OP? I mean, seriously? Put this in the bragging forum where it belongs.[/QUOTE]

^^^

I lose respect for people who post shiet like this. You are just an ATTENTION WHORE.

[quote name='RandyTsai']^^^

I lose respect for people who post shiet like this. You are just an ATTENTION WHORE.[/QUOTE]

^^ what he said.

I mean COME ON...you KNEW it was an awesome deal....I wouldn't have posted this if was me because it makes you look like a total tool as a friend. You LOAN your friend cash for the nookie....Bro code, dude.

So you 1) knowingly ripped-off a friend 2) who was coming to you for help, 3) didn't even have the basic human decency to say "hey, these are worth way more than that," 4) you bragged on the internet 5) in an incredibly obnoxious manner by fake-asking if you got a good deal 6) in the wrong forum?

You're not a douchebag at all.

look to the people who say I am being an attention whore, I dont sell games, ive never sold games, I dont know how much these things are going for, last time I looked even at chrono trigger, my complete copy of starcraft 64 was going for about 45 bucks, come to find out today that is no longer the case, I knew what games went for like 6-7 years ago I didnt know if these games would be worth shit now

[quote name='jousley']^^ what he said.

I mean COME ON...you KNEW it was an awesome deal....I wouldn't have posted this if was me because it makes you look like a total tool as a friend. You LOAN your friend cash for the nookie....Bro code, dude.[/QUOTE]
lol my friend doesnt have a job, he doesnt have any real source of income,except for me, if I were to LOAN him the money I would never see it, i also pay for my friend to see movies and eat out every week for the since about 2003-2004, that costs about 2 grand a year, and I pay for gas some times too so dont call me a tool, hell last week when she came over I loaned him i gave him 40 bucks to do shit with her

[quote name='Invicta 61']I would have kept the $65 and took his gf to the hotel myself.

P.S. I could have gotten them for cheaper.[/QUOTE]
for three nights???

[quote name='Invicta 61']I would have kept the $65 and took his gf to the hotel myself.

P.S. I could have gotten them for cheaper.[/QUOTE]
now that wouldnt be a good friend

[quote name='jthiel']i NEVER got to play Chrono Cross...loved Chrono Trigger...wish i could find CC for less than what i have been seeing on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I see copies for $12 BIN on ebay right now, that's too much? Chrono Cross kind of sucks, though.

[quote name='alongx']I see copies for $12 BIN on ebay right now, that's too much? Chrono Cross kind of sucks, though.[/QUOTE]

You know...i distinctly remembering someone telling me it was not that good of a game and I think that is why I shy'd away from it.

Well I am not sure about all these crazy prices for games. I mean I thought Final Fantasy VII sold millions of copies before it became a Greatest hits...so did Chrono...thats why I am confused as to why they are so valuable and rare. I would think there is an over abundance of these games out on the market.

Also at one point...couldnt't you pick up PS1 games for like a couple bucks a piece and it really didn't matter.

Someone...correct me if I am wrong.

[quote name='kk012']I second this. $65 for all those games?! That's crazy![/QUOTE]

well im spending another 30 tonight to take him and his girlfriend to eat mexican, and im only selling one game

bread's done
Back