Did I get scammed or am I just impatient?

JSK414

CAGiversary!
Last wednesday at about 230ish I won a ebay auction for a xbox360 core wit hardrive, oblivian, and some origianl xbox games (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8290134421&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1) I paid as soon as the auction ended through paypal instant transfer. A couple days go by and I hear nothing. It says that it will ship within 1 buisness day (he probably could have gotten it out the same day if he really wanted to) and UPS garenteed it delivered within 3 days. Well I still haven't heared anything from the seller. Usually when a item sells on ebay for that much it is customary to email the buyer to let him know the status and your plans... is it not? I figured I would wait tuntil today before I started to get eager. I have emailed the seller atleast 3 times since the end of the auction, and today being as impatient as I am I requested the sellers info through ebay and left him a voicemail pleading with him to let me know the status of my item. This was at 3:00 today and I have still yet to hear from here or receive my item. I also noticed he sold this exact same listing a few days prior... but this could possibly jsut be a relist because of a dead-beat buyer...Did I get scammed or am I just impatient?

Hmm, that is odd. He actually purchased the xbox in that other auction though. Maybe he had buyers remorse. Or he really needed the money. I dunno... hope all is well on that one.

its only been a few days, give him the benefit of the doubt. you never know if his internet is down or if he has a family emergency. wait a little while more and if you still dont hear anything, then start to worry, maybe look into a chargeback.

Hmmm, interesting. It looks like he just bought the thing a month ago, so who knows?

All I can say is that I hope you got the buyer's insurance with Paypal. That way, you will get at least some of your money back....that or maybe consider doing a chargeback.

On a side note, I never buy big ticket items from sellers with less than about 50 all positive feedback...just to be safe. I know that everyone needs to start somewhere, but I'd much rather it be someone else.

Hope you get your stuff.

TBW

Well... He just gave me a call back... He said he forgot all about the auction... So I will have to wait longer, but atleast I didnt get screwed... He seemed sorry and he said he would first class it. So thanks for your input and support guys...

[quote name='JSK414']Well... He just gave me a call back... He said he forgot all about the auction... So I will have to wait longer, but atleast I didnt get screwed... He seemed sorry and he said he would first class it. So thanks for your input and support guys...[/QUOTE]

That would actually be a red flag for me. Dude with 5 FB forgets about a major listing like this? This could be a stall tactic. I would file a chargeback for item not received as soon as you can (7 days after payment maybe?) unless the thing either gets to you or he produces a valid DC or tracking number before that time. I'd let him know you want a delivery confirmation # e-mailed to you as soon as it has shipped, if you haven't already.

Most likely he's being truthful and if he was scamming you you'd never hear from him again, but I think you are wise to be wary of the guy.

[quote name='JSK414']I didnt pay for anything buyer protection? Aren't I automatically protected?[/QUOTE]I forget what the requirements are, but I know the seller needs a certain number of feedback (100+ I believe) before their items are covered undered the Buyer Protection thing. If their item qualified for protection, it would automatically say in the auction somewhere "Free Paypal Buyer Protection".

Just wanted to say that it arrived the other day. He even included a wireless network adapter for the 360... I got the 360 core, harddrive, oblivian, halo 2, splinte cell chaos theory, and the network adapter for $345 shipped. I think it was a hell of a steal.

bread's done
Back