Did I Just Strike Gold? Need Help!

Staver

CAG Veteran
So I was browsing craigslist this morning, and I spotted an ad describing a SEALED copy of Super Mario All Stars and Mortal Combat - Competition Edition SEALED in mint condition. I contacted the guy, got his address, and went over to his house.

I handed him the money, he handed me the games, and I left with excitement.

Let me tell you, the games are in PRISTINE condition - they look brand new. They are indeed sealed, but my question is how do I know it is a factory seal? The box looks absolutely mint and new which leads me to believe these are both factory sealed.

Here are some pictures

[quote name='zenintrude']they're interesting if you like having sealed games... the games themselves aren't that interesting, from a rarity standpoint.[/quote]

Well...A factory sealed copy of Mario Allstars goes for over $250 on ebay which makes it quite rare in my book...

I paid $20 each for them, so $40. I checked on all sorts of websites trying to figure out how to spot factory sealed games, and the more I am learning the more I think these are legit.

The vertical seam up the back makes them look pretty factory sealed to me. That's how Nintendo has been sealing them for a long time. And it's pretty hard to fake that seal with a regular shrink wrap machine.

Sell them sealed (separately) on eBay and then re-buy them much cheaper used. That's the CAG way of "opening" collectible games.

I loved Mario All Stars... I remember back in the day the excitement I had when it was released... most games BTW back then were $60 which is what I paid for this from an EB in the mall... it was nice to have all the older Mario games with cutting edge 16 bit graphics...

Nice find.

Unfortunately, a vertical seam doesn't prove anything. I have gotten reseals with them. But yours look to be legit, it helps when there is a vertical seam and a legit price sticker. Check for a row of small "vent" holes in the wrap. If they have them they are indeed factory sealed.

Mario All-Stars is highly sought after, especially the Non-Million Seller one.

bread's done
Back