Did Kien (GBA) ever get released in the U.S.?

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
While I believe the European version of this game came out, I vaguely remember the American version being cancelled. Then, as I was browsing Wal-Mart's GBA I games I noticed they had a listing for it.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2427601

I did a quick search and didn't see it listed at any other retailers. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed a correct listing and that the game did come out on these shores? Does anyone here actually have a physical copy of the game?

The reason I have some doubt to Wal-Mart's listing is I have seen Kien listed on other retailers in the past, but the description of the game at those sites was actually for Gekido Advance (another DSI Games release).

Any info would be appreciated :)

I would, except I have a funny feeling that I will be sent a copy of Gekido. And since I already own Gekido, I don't want to take that chance. Gekido is a pretty decent beat 'em up if anybody else wants to risk it :cool:

Eh, what the heck...I went ahead and ordered it. It's interesting to note that Digitpress claims that it was "definitely never released." I guess I'll find out what happens. I got the confirmation e-mail from Wal-Mart.com, and it said the game should arrive between Monday the 18th and Thursday the 21st. I'll keep you posted.

Update: Order status is still in the "Processing" stage.

I keep expecting them to just realize they don't have it in stock, and cancel it.

Update: Order now lists as "Backordered."

"We apologize for the delay and are working with our
suppliers to fill your order as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to provide a
revised delivery date for your order.

We will continue to attempt to ship this order, however,
you may cancel the order at any time up until the date the
item(s) are shipped.

Please note that if we do not hear from you and we cannot
fulfill this order within 10 days, we will automatically
cancel your order and you will be notified."

Update: Holy fucking shit!

Items Qty Gifting Options Status

Kien GBA
Will arrive between Tuesday, 12/19/06, and Thursday, 12/21/06
1 Gift Wrap Not Selected

Shipped

Hey, tell us how it is (if it does indeed exist, and you do indeed get it). I remember seeing screenshots for this ages ago, and always wondered how it turned out.

(P.S. Gekido reccomendation seconded!)

According to UPS tracking, it has indeed shipped and should be here sometime early-middle of this coming week. I'll be amazed if it's really the real deal. :D

Josef, be glad you didn't order. I got the package today, and they did indeed send me a copy of Gekido Advance. I think I'll be taking it back to Wal-Mart tomorrow on my lunch break. :(

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Josef, be glad you didn't order. I got the package today, and they did indeed send me a copy of Gekido Advance. I think I'll be taking it back to Wal-Mart tomorrow on my lunch break. :([/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for being the guinea pig :) I was holding a sliver of hope that this may be one of those retailer exclusive games (like Sonic Pinball Party at Target, Tenchu DS at Gamestop, etc).

If you haven't already taken back Gekido Advance, you may want to consider keeping it. I was really impressed with the huge Neo-Geo type sprites used in the game.

I already took it back...I've got Advance Guardian Heroes and Final Fight One, which will more or less fill my beat-em-up quota on the GBA. :) And it was worth being the guinea pig, just to see what happened. The funny thing is even my invoice said they shipped me Kien, but it was definitely Gekido. I wonder if it's possible that the UPC got recycled, and it now exists twice in their system, once as Gekido and once as Kien?

bread's done
Back