Did my son kill the Wii?

Ok, so my 6 year old is proficient at turning on the Wii and putting in Wii or gamecube games. Other than being a bit neater about putting games away, I have no issues with how he uses it.

But a weird thing happened. I wasn't there when it initially happened, and a 6 year old as intell is not dead on accurate. Anyway, now when I hit the power button, it doesn't turn on. I unhook the power cable from the back for about 20 seconds, replug, it comes on fine. Loads game fine. But then it makes two beeps and says it can't read the game, it might be scratched. Does it with every. game. we. own. They are not all scratched.

Did he somehow kill it?

Your DVD drive may be dead, call up Nintendo and tell them what's wrong, they will fix it for you since all Wiis are still in warranty.

[quote name='evanft']Remember; console abuse is one of the first signs of a serial killer.[/quote]

Haha, that made it worth clicking on this thread.

[quote name='nadsofed']Are you putting the games in the right way, face of game facing to the left if vertical?[/QUOTE]

Uh, yeah, I think I mastered that one the first day of Wii training camp.

[quote name='evanft']Remember; console abuse is one of the first signs of a serial killer.[/QUOTE]

That's actually a good one. I keep a look out for tortured animals in his future.

[quote name='Ace Harding: Private Eye']I hear if you neuter them at an early age, it will lessen behavior problems in addition to lengthening their lives.[/quote]

And they'll have a beautiful singing voice as well. Do it. He'll thank you later.

Wiis are built like tanks. My wife's little cousin's knocked it over and it dropped about 3 feet. It still works like a champ.

bread's done
Back