Did Paypal just rob me?

dragonsho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Ok, so basically what I'm looking for here is opinions but what would be more helpful is experience with this. Ok, so this is what happened.

I had tried to send $60.00 from my savings acct to Paypal on Sep. 2. Paypal then declined it because there wasn't enough money. Ok, that's fine. I then make a new transfer for $60.00 that goes through. It was added on September 9th. The next thing I received was $43 from a fellow CAG whom I sold a game to and that is it. Ok so all is fine and good. So tonight, I call my bank to find out my balance. Turns out I have $134.35. This seems odd since I had $254.35. I check it out and find this on my banks website under my account info.

Date Description Amount Balance

09-10-2007 DEPOSIT 248.00 254.35

09-10-2007 WITHDRAWAL PAYPAL -TRANSFER -60.00 194.35

09-11-2007 WITHDRAWAL PAYPAL -TRANSFER -60.00 134.35

Now I called paypal and they were telling me that they only took $60. They obviously took $120. I try to explain this with no luck. I then proceed to tell the guy on the line that the one that got decline was still processing. He said I have nothing processing.

Here is a copy of the attempt to add $60 to my pp acct from sep. 2nd as of tonight.

Add Funds from a Bank Account (ID #8W104950SA182691F)

Name:
Bank Account

Total Amount:
$60.00 USD

Date:
Sep. 2, 2007
Time:
17:33:37 PDT
Processing (Expected Clearing Date: Sep. 19, 2007)Help

Transfer to:
Eagle Bank Savings (Confirmed)

Now what confuses me is it says that the 60$ is supposed to go from PP to the bank acct but it was supposed to be the other way around. Are they going to give me the $60 back or what? I am very confused and now have a burning hatred of paypal.

Thanks, sorry it's kinda long.

Edit:
Everything got resolved no thanks to paypal customer service. The $60 from before that Paypal had declined WAS taken from my bank account and just added today. The worst thing is that the CS rep said that I didn't have anything pending. I am going to try to use paypal as little as possible.

Paypal is definitely evil, no joke. I sold an item on eBay and specifically listed every where on the auction that Paypal was not accepted including the invoice. The first thing the idiot did was immediately send me a Paypal payment, which naturally I declined. The person sent me a personal instead but had a hundred dollars sitting out of her account for thirty days before Paypal allowed the transaction to 'expire' and it went back into her account. I felt sorry for her even though it wasn't my problem.

bread's done
Back